Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-14-2013, 01:03 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
I disagree. He had a very talented team when they were all in tact. Joe Johnson, Al Horford, and Josh Smith is a very talented trio. The fact he was able to so little with so much speaks to why I don't think he's a very good coach.
That's not all that true. Josh Smith had his best season with Woodson, and when he left, he's basically become a moronic chucker on offense. He's a very good defender but that seriously hurts the Hawks. Al Horford's best season was with Woodson as well. And Joe Johnson was a good player, but he was never elite or anything like that. Woodson did what he could with what he had.

Plus, if you don't have Pop coaching you, you take what you can get out there.

EDIT: Except for George Karl, he's absolutely terrible.

RIP TheManInBlack

Last edited by Brodeur : 02-14-2013 at 01:16 PM.
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 01:19 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
That's not all that true. Josh Smith had his best season with Woodson, and when he left, he's basically become a moronic chucker on offense. He's a very good defender but that seriously hurts the Hawks. Al Horford's best season was with Woodson as well. And Joe Johnson was a good player, but he was never elite or anything like that. Woodson did what he could with what he had.

Plus, if you don't have Pop coaching you, you take what you can get out there.

EDIT: Except for George Karl, he's absolutely terrible.
Meh, Smith has ALWAYS been this way though. Horford's seasons are very consistent, regardless of coach.
Old 02-14-2013, 01:25 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Smith's attempts from 16 and beyond...

Woodson's last year: 3.1 per game
2010-2011: 6.3 per game
2011-2012: 7.9 per game
2012-2013: 6.3 per game

He's been MUCH worse with Woodson gone. If anything, Woodson's game plan kept his idiocy neutralized.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 02-14-2013, 01:28 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Smith's attempts from 16 and beyond...

Woodson's last year: 3.1 per game
2010-2011: 6.3 per game
2011-2012: 7.9 per game
2012-2013: 6.3 per game

He's been MUCH worse with Woodson gone. If anything, Woodson's game plan kept his idiocy neutralized.
IsoBall kept him neutralized? Smith has just developed into love his jump shot. I think that has been a natural progression for him and would have happened regardless of if Woodson stayed or not.
Old 02-14-2013, 01:29 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

To some degree, yes. You might be right, but again, Woodson is a perfectly decent coach most of the time. He's not great or anything, but he's certainly not hurting your team. Like George Karl.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 02-14-2013, 01:30 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think smith could be successful under Pop since he wouldn't put up with this ******** "**** it" long 2s that he has fallen in love with. He's still/always been a talented scorer down low.

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 01:31 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Yeah, I'm not trying to say he's the George Karl or Vinny Del Negro of the NBA but many Knicks fans think he's an excellent coach, which I disagree with. To me he's average at best.
Old 02-14-2013, 02:19 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Coaches id take over Woodson:

Pop
Rivers
Thibs
Carlisle
Maaaaybe Mark Jackson

I think that's it.
Old 02-14-2013, 02:23 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Coaches id take over Woodson:

Pop
Rivers
Thibs
Carlisle
Maaaaybe Mark Jackson

I think that's it.
No to Phil? Is it only current coaches, I would take George Karl as well. But people like to hate on him.

This list seems only like current coaches. I feel like Mike Brown, Woodson, Stan Van Gundy, McHale, Vogel, and Doug Collins are all in the same tier.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 02:31 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
No to Phil? Is it only current coaches, I would take George Karl as well. But people like to hate on him.

This list seems only like current coaches. I feel like Mike Brown, Woodson, Stan Van Gundy, McHale, Vogel, and Doug Collins are all in the same tier.
Okay, go ahead and take a coach who refuses to play a center in the 4th and would rather put Corey Brewer out there. I'll take a good one.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 02-14-2013, 02:32 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Only current coaches. Phil only coaches teams he feels he can a championship with.
Old 02-14-2013, 02:34 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I like Indy's coach. But the book is still out on him.
Old 02-14-2013, 02:44 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Okay, go ahead and take a coach who refuses to play a center in the 4th and would rather put Corey Brewer out there. I'll take a good one.
I'll take a guy who has a career 60% winning percentage. He has been very good with three different teams in Seattle, Milwaukee, and Denver. He is a good coach. I am not saying he is an all-time great, just that I would take him over Woodson.

Old 02-14-2013, 02:49 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
I'll take a guy who has a career 60% winning percentage. He has been very good with three different teams in Seattle, Milwaukee, and Denver. He is a good coach. I am not saying he is an all-time great, just that I would take him over Woodson.
He has had great talent every single place he's gone.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 02-14-2013, 03:02 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

Quote:
Here is a team stuffed with talent: http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/MIL/2001.html

D'Antoni has proven that just talent means nothing. He is a coach that has noticeable flaws but has proven repeatedly he is a good coach.

Old 02-14-2013, 03:20 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Karl ruined the Bucks with the Allen for Payton deal. Still pisses me off to this day.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 03:23 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Here is a team stuffed with talent: http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/MIL/2001.html

D'Antoni has proven that just talent means nothing. He is a coach that has noticeable flaws but has proven repeatedly he is a good coach.
No he hasn't, he's proven an ability to repeatedly get a job based on a reputation that is made up of pure ********. And D'Antoni did just fine with what he had in NY prior to last season, and even then, he wasn't doing that poorly. It's not exactly easy to come onto a team with a situation like the Lakers have.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 02-14-2013, 03:27 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Smith could be good under a good coach. His jump shooting is bad, but I think that's partially the coach (as Brody pointed out), and a lot of it is the fact that he's arguably the #1 option on the Hawks. Smith sucks as a #1 guy because he's not all that great at creating his own offense, but I think he could be pretty great if he was the #3 guy on a team and served as a stat stuffer. In that role he could focus on running the floor, putbacks, scrappy points, dishing when he drives (which he's actually pretty damn good at), plus his really good defense on top of that. Obviously he's not a max guy as a #3, but if you could bring take him at $10-12M or so he could be pretty valuable on the right team.
Old 02-14-2013, 03:28 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

D'Antoni is an awful coach.
Old 02-14-2013, 03:35 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
No he hasn't, he's proven an ability to repeatedly get a job based on a reputation that is made up of pure ********. And D'Antoni did just fine with what he had in NY prior to last season, and even then, he wasn't doing that poorly. It's not exactly easy to come onto a team with a situation like the Lakers have.
D'Antoni single handedly accelerated the destruction of Stat's knees by playing him 40 minutes a night with no rest. And he knew his knees were questionable and still barely played the bench or used a rotation. He was an awful coach.

I hate how we give him so much credit for being an offensive innovator. That's a bunch of ********. 7 seconds or less existed before him. He didn't innovate anything.
Old 02-14-2013, 03:46 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Best coach nobody recognizes yet...

D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 03:46 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Karl ruined the Bucks with the Allen for Payton deal. Still pisses me off to this day.
Ray Ray and Redd would have been sick together, don't even care if they were exactly the same player.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 03:50 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

PJ laughs at all of you. Once he gets that "interim" removed, it's game over.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 03:51 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I love Sprewell too much to acknowledge PJ.

Spree <333

You know you're a boss when you put a spinning rim on your sneakers.
Old 02-14-2013, 05:32 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

D'Antoni is **** and a terrible coach. He can tongue punch by fart box.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote