Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-13-2013, 04:33 AM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
You guys getting a new quarterback I don't know about?
This year Bradford will have a completion % around 62%, 4100 yards, 26 TDs and 11 interceptions, and a passer rating around 88. Breakout year.
stlouisfan37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:14 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just find it hilarious that Bradford having a 88 passer rating would be him breaking out.
Old 02-13-2013, 09:38 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
Yeah, no kidding. That's the type of hit that makes parents not let their kids play football.
Screw all those knee injuries, his was one of the worst I have ever seen. He was a few inches from getting paralyzed, I'd take my last check and call it a day if it were me, try and start a business or position coach somewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 10:32 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
I just find it hilarious that Bradford having a 88 passer rating would be him breaking out.
If he put up those numbers that would be a big increase in production that nears his talent level. But let's see the Rams fix that OL and give him some weapons before we start expecting that offense to do anything but **** itself.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 01:42 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Tits have offered Chris Canty a contract. George Wilson is visiting today and is also expected to get an offer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 04:20 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

giants signed K David Buehler.

so there's that.

Strongest kicking duo evar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 04:26 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want the Packers to sign Jason Jones and Ahmad Bradshaw, but I know they're not going to sign anybody.
WCH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 05:48 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
I want the Packers to sign Jason Jones and Ahmad Bradshaw, but I know they're not going to sign anybody.
Chris Ivory, maybe. That'd be a smart signing.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 08:29 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Happy to hear this:

Quote:

Free agent Johnny Knox has decided to retire from football, telling the Chicago Sun-Times he's "moving on and going forward."

It's a sad end to a once promising career. According to the Sun-Times, Knox is still walking with a limp 14 months after his spinal fusion operation, and "struggles to sit or stand" comfortably. "I was centimeters away from being paralyzed, so just sitting here and talking, I’m appreciative of that," Knox said Wednesday. "Just the hard work that I had to put in. Just to be able to stay in and do everything in my daily life that I used to do." Only 26 years old, the former fifth-round pick ends his career with 133 catches for 2,214 yards and 12 touchdowns over 45 games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 10:32 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's the right call. A back injury did me in. I have no idea how anyone who suffered an injury of his nature could even fathom coming back to the sport. Back injuries are crippling. It's the kiss of death to your career.

It's more important to walk than play football. I'm glad he made the right choice.
Old 02-14-2013, 10:35 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Apparently the Chiefs offered a contract to Chris Canty, but so did the Titans. He's weighing his options.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 03:06 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Washington Redskins announced today that they have signed nose tackle Ron Brace. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Brace (6-3, 330) was originally selected by the New England Patriots in the second round (No. 40 overall) of the 2009 NFL Draft. He has appeared in 39 career regular season games with seven starts. For his career, STATS, LLC credits him with 39 tackles (24 solo) and one forced fumble. He was released by the Patriots on Dec. 29, 2012.

Brace played collegiately at Boston College from 2004-08, starting 40 of the 49 career games in which he appeared. He recorded 85 tackles (50 solo), including 23 tackles for loss and 5.5 sacks during his Eagle career and earned All-ACC second team honors following his senior season in 2008.

Im happy with the signing. Supposedly a high character guy and hopefully moving back to NT will be a better fit for him.
Old 02-14-2013, 03:15 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eagles ink Dennis Dixon.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 03:16 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So apparently Rob Ryan wants Anthony Spencer in Nawlins. I am not happy because this dude will want money :/
Old 02-14-2013, 03:29 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiG View Post
The Washington Redskins announced today that they have signed nose tackle Ron Brace. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Brace (6-3, 330) was originally selected by the New England Patriots in the second round (No. 40 overall) of the 2009 NFL Draft. He has appeared in 39 career regular season games with seven starts. For his career, STATS, LLC credits him with 39 tackles (24 solo) and one forced fumble. He was released by the Patriots on Dec. 29, 2012.

Brace played collegiately at Boston College from 2004-08, starting 40 of the 49 career games in which he appeared. He recorded 85 tackles (50 solo), including 23 tackles for loss and 5.5 sacks during his Eagle career and earned All-ACC second team honors following his senior season in 2008.

Im happy with the signing. Supposedly a high character guy and hopefully moving back to NT will be a better fit for him.
I thought Cofield was doing fine at NT?
Old 02-14-2013, 03:30 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I thought Cofield was doing fine at NT?
He's doing great. They didn't sign Brace to start...
Old 02-14-2013, 03:32 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiG View Post
He's doing great. They didn't sign Brace to start...
Gotcha. It's good depth. I miss Cofield. He's so durable and reliable. Not the greatest player in the world but he was so reliable.
Old 02-14-2013, 03:36 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Eagles ink Dennis Dixon.
Dennis Dixon has two Super Bowl rings. All he does is win.
Old 02-14-2013, 03:37 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Gotcha. It's good depth. I miss Cofield. He's so durable and reliable. Not the greatest player in the world but he was so reliable.
Not to mention the best sack dance ever especially with Tuck doing his magic fingers.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 03:38 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I actually like Dixon. I still have hope for him. Not saying he's gonna be good but he has value in this league as a backup/situational qb with a creative coach.
Old 02-14-2013, 03:39 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I was laughing so hard when I saw that. Good times.

Except for Jay Cutler. He didn't have a good time that night.

What's funny is that was from like 2010 and the Bears still didn't address their OL.
Old 02-14-2013, 03:41 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

What's funny is that was from like 2010 and the Bears still didn't address their OL.
I still crack up every time I see that. It's a perfect gif.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 03:47 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ron ******* Brace.

This 2009 draft can go to hell. Except Vollmer.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 03:52 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

That game can suck a dick. Poor guy got sacked 9 times in one half. Forced us to start Todd Collins the next week in what was the worst passing game ever. Four QBs combined to go:

22-51, 91 yards, 0 TDs, 7 INTs, 8 sacks, 1.78 ypa, and a 10.9 rating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 03:56 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
That game can suck a dick. Poor guy got sacked 9 times in one half. Forced us to start Todd Collins the next week in what was the worst passing game ever. Four QBs combined to go:

22-51, 91 yards, 0 TDs, 7 INTs, 8 sacks, 1.78 ypa, and a 10.9 rating.
I remember him getting up after the 3rd or 4th sack and stumbling toward the wrong sideline for a while. It was pretty obvious that he was concussed long before he got pulled. ******* O line.