Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy > Fantasy Baseball

Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2013, 10:01 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
so a minimum of 3 & max of 6 prospects can be on your roster?
No, let me clarify — There are no rules for prospects. You can draft a team completely devoid of them if you'd like.

However, I strongly discourage any team from having too few or too many at season's end. This is a dynasty league, so they're valuable. But I don't want anyone strictly playing the long game and punting contention for this season.
Old 02-15-2013, 05:02 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1.1 Jurickson Profar

:)

Old 02-15-2013, 03:55 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm really hoping you guys all like to discuss and make trades. My one hesitation with having such big rosters and so many keepers is that rosters will be stagnant. It'd be great if everyone liked to wheel and deal a bit and be bold at times.
Old 02-15-2013, 03:59 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm always dealing you won't have to worry about that.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-15-2013, 04:01 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I'm always dealing you won't have to worry about that.
Right. I know I can count on you, but I'd really like to see people be pro-active about initiating trades. It's the only thing that makes a league like this fun. Gotta be invested in the shape of your roster.
Old 02-15-2013, 04:11 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've got a trade addiction in my other dynasty league, so I'll always be looking to make deals
Old 02-15-2013, 04:19 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think I'll be more likely to trade with the larger rosters and prospects. However I hate making trades early on. I trust my drafting too much, to a fault.

Last edited by Jughead10 : 02-15-2013 at 04:21 PM.
Old 02-15-2013, 04:24 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Draft pick trading will be allowed, but trading already selected players will not be until it's over.

I think it's too messy to keep track of otherwise.
Old 02-15-2013, 04:45 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

is there going to be a trade deadline?

nvm it's on the settings page

not that it's likely but what would happen if you failed to pitch 1000 innings

Last edited by fenikz : 02-15-2013 at 05:01 PM.
Old 02-15-2013, 04:49 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
is there going to be a trade deadline?
There will be, yes. But it's currently set at Sept. 6th, so that is a pretty small window of exclusion.

Also, 3 votes will be required to veto a trade. I think that's a good policy. I don't want to be too restrictive, but I do think the league as a whole has a right to reject certain unfair trades.

Last edited by Xiomera : 02-15-2013 at 04:52 PM.
Old 02-15-2013, 07:53 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I think I'll be more likely to trade with the larger rosters and prospects. However I hate making trades early on. I trust my drafting too much, to a fault.
Same here. I always wait at least a month and a half.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-15-2013, 08:30 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love to trade... So there is no worries for me on that front.
Old 02-17-2013, 10:28 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Draft order will be posted Monday. Have to nail down one more potential settings change with GF (who is M.I.A. today) before we're into draft mode.

Sorry for the delay.
Old 02-18-2013, 09:27 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I never do well in this randomize draft orders. I'll be picking 7th probably
Old 02-18-2013, 12:39 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For the phone list: 906-361-0590
Old 02-18-2013, 04:43 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Still missing a few numbers for draft alerts.

Is anyone opposed to receiving text reminders? It won't, obviously, be for every pick.

There will not be a clock for this draft assuming everything runs pretty smoothly. I've been in drafts of this non-live format with most of you before with good success. However, if the same person begins to make a habit of holding up the draft for 3-4 hours every time, we'll re-assess. We have plenty of time to finish the draft, but at the same time, it's still best if it doesn't take us 3 weeks to get through it.

I would appreciate it if you guys can help me out with alerting other people when they're on the clock if you don't see them as being on the forums. Even simply sending a PM to whoever follows your pick is helpful.

Last edited by Xiomera : 02-18-2013 at 04:49 PM.
Old 02-18-2013, 04:51 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Also, I'm not certain where a few of you guys live, geographically. Is anyone here not in the Eastern or Central time zone? I don't want to text someone earlier or later than I should.
Old 02-18-2013, 04:55 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Also, I'm not certain where a few of you guys live, geographically. Is anyone here not in the Eastern or Central time zone? I don't want to text someone earlier or later than I should.
908-601-0579
eastern time zone.
Old 02-18-2013, 05:00 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

I'm in CA. Anything before 10 AM EST is probably too early on my end, but that's about it
Old 02-18-2013, 05:05 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
I'm in CA. Anything before 10 AM EST is probably too early on my end, but that's about it
Gotcha. Yeah, I won't be doing any early morning texting, haha.

Everyone can always leave short 3-5 player lists with someone else if they know they won't be around to pick for a while.

I'm still waiting on GF to confirm something with me before the draft order is unveiled. It'll be tonight though.
Old 02-18-2013, 05:22 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Draft rule: No more than five players with rookie eligibility (prospects) can be selected by one team.

This rule may be amended later, but in the early stages of the league we'll go with that rule. I don't think it makes sense to draft more than five anyways.
Old 02-18-2013, 05:24 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eastern Time Zone, here. Still no baby yet, so count on a delay, but after that I'll have 2 weeks off and texts are fine by me for any pick.
Old 02-18-2013, 05:29 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Please note:

The league originally had K/9 as a stat category, but we've changed it back to just K for pitchers.

Final categories:
R, HR, RBI, SB, OBP
W, SV, K, ERA, WHIP
Old 02-18-2013, 05:37 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Exclamation Draft Order

The moment you have probably been anticipating ... Good luck to all.

Draft order:

Old 02-18-2013, 05:40 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

Huzzah! When are we officially starting this draft? Obligatory: Tim Brady, motha *******.

Last edited by mqtirishfan : 02-18-2013 at 05:44 PM.
Closed Thread