Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-12-2013, 01:37 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
I was more calling Scotty douche-ish for A) having a hook up buddy who he refers to as dumb (because, what does that make you?), B) having a hook up buddy who he is willing to dump at a moments notice if a better girl comes along, and C) making it seem like the girl was an issue because she wanted something more but he wanted to just be a hook up buddy (while at the same time being someone who wants something more with someone ELSE). Does anyone not see the irony and douchery in it?
To address these points...

A) I don't really see the problem with him thinking she isn't intellectually stimulating. He's physically attracted to her, but doesn't connect with her mentally, thus being in a purely physical relationship (hookup buddy). It doesn't mean he has no respect for her, he just doesn't connect with her on an intellectual level like you would want from a girlfriend. Most of us have met a girl or two like this (it goes the same for girls meeting guys too).

B) Isn't this kind of the point of a "no strings attached" hookup buddy? You both have agreed that its purely physical and there should be no emotional attachment. Thus if one person wants to move on to other things that should not be an issue. If they have established that this is purely a hookup buddy situation, this shouldn't be something out of the blue.

C) This is where the problem may be. If he senses that she may be getting emotionally attached he either needs to talk to her about it and straighten things out or just cut the line all together in order to avoid further drama and her getting hurt. That's where a bit of respect comes in and if you put you hooking up with her over the fact that she's getting hurt then that is douchey (not saying Scotty is doing this, but just hypothetically).

Last edited by pierce2walker : 02-12-2013 at 01:52 PM.
pierce2walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 02:19 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierce2walker View Post
To address these points...

A) I don't really see the problem with him thinking she isn't intellectually stimulating. He's physically attracted to her, but doesn't connect with her mentally, thus being in a purely physical relationship (hookup buddy). It doesn't mean he has no respect for her, he just doesn't connect with her on an intellectual level like you would want from a girlfriend. Most of us have met a girl or two like this (it goes the same for girls meeting guys too).

B) Isn't this kind of the point of a "no strings attached" hookup buddy? You both have agreed that its purely physical and there should be no emotional attachment. Thus if one person wants to move on to other things that should not be an issue. If they have established that this is purely a hookup buddy situation, this shouldn't be something out of the blue.

C) This is where the problem may be. If he senses that she may be getting emotionally attached he either needs to talk to her about it and straighten things out or just cut the line all together in order to avoid further drama and her getting hurt. That's where a bit of respect comes in and if you put you hooking up with her over the fact that she's getting hurt then that is douchey (not saying Scotty is doing this, but just hypothetically).
Pretty much all of this. I'm sorry we don't connect intellectually. I know I'm not some super genius, but when most of my jokes just go over her head, I know we're not a match. I'm not leading her on, and with me doing nothing with her on V-day, she pretty much knows it's a purely physical relationship.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 02:29 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is just upsetting all the times scotty turned me down for a purely physical relationship. I was gonna wear my Brian Leonard jersey and everything

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 03:06 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
Pretty much all of this. I'm sorry we don't connect intellectually. I know I'm not some super genius, but when most of my jokes just go over her head, I know we're not a match. I'm not leading her on, and with me doing nothing with her on V-day, she pretty much knows it's a purely physical relationship.
That's fine. I'm not calling you a douche personally. I'm saying that the general situations infers douchiness to it.
Old 02-12-2013, 04:42 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's the part you get flak for, the hell is douchie with enjoying being with someone physical even though you don't enjoy each other mentally?

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 04:50 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm going to side with Forenci on this one. I've never been one for purely physical relationships. It's less douche-bagish if he has actually talked with the girl and they mutaully agreed it was nothing more than sex. But even then, I see it as a big waste of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 05:19 PM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

FBGM

/Thread
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 05:26 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
That's the part you get flak for, the hell is douchie with enjoying being with someone physical even though you don't enjoy each other mentally?
It's the contradictory nature of it. I'm not insulting just the "hook up" buddy nature of it. If two consenting people want to be hook up buddies, fine, go ahead. It's the extenuating circumstances that he posted along with it that make it douchey.
Old 02-12-2013, 05:28 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Forenci's such a ******.
Old 02-12-2013, 05:29 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Forenci's such a ******.
Well thanks for the once again productive input.
Old 02-12-2013, 05:39 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Screams of someone who's been with one girl.
Old 02-12-2013, 05:57 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Screams of someone who's been with one girl.
Cool story bro?
Old 02-16-2013, 05:24 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

so what's the deal with texting after you met someone? I met a girl the other night and while hungover the next day, texted her. That went well, I guess. that was yesterday. We didn't text much but it was whatever. Later that night, she met a mutual friend and told her that she's interested. I mean, I've met the girl once and was pretty drunk but we hit it off pretty well. I'm not at school for the weekend to hang either. Thoughts on not texting her til tomorrow night or Monday?
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 02-16-2013, 05:35 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

who cares, if you are into her text her.
Old 02-16-2013, 05:40 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
who cares, if you are into her text her.
i mean, I agree, but it's still the feeling each other out stage.

Plus, girls can be "lyke OMG he texted me again already, s0o0o desperate"

because they're the worst.

I also REALLY need to find out if she's just as cute sober as she was when I was drunk. that's probably a key
Quote:
Old 02-16-2013, 06:34 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If a girl is that awful, you want nothing to do with her other than butthole pleasures. Text her tonight and at some point see what she's doing next week once your back.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 02-16-2013, 08:03 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
If a girl is that awful, you want nothing to do with her other than butthole pleasures. Text her tonight and at some point see what she's doing next week once your back.
Yeah this. Girls sort themselves out. Just be yourself and don't worry about the games. If that's not enough for them then they aren't worth your time...except for butthole pleasures.
Old 02-16-2013, 08:09 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
i mean, I agree, but it's still the feeling each other out stage.

Plus, girls can be "lyke OMG he texted me again already, s0o0o desperate"

because they're the worst.

I also REALLY need to find out if she's just as cute sober as she was when I was drunk. that's probably a key
or if you play it right, she will think want her attention and she will give it to you
Old 02-16-2013, 08:48 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

I have a girlfriend so I'm not looking, but since I've graduated from college I have realized how awesome of a place college is to pick up chicks. I understand the obvious reasons, like plenty of chicks, lots of parties, all that stuff, but another awesome element of college is that all these chicks you come across are at least semi-intelligent and will likely do something decent with their life.

When I go out with my buddies to the bars so many of the decent looking girls are unbearable to talk to and have nothing going for them outside of looks. No good chat, no career aspirations, no interesting hobbies...etc. They could be fine for a single hookup, but nothing outside of that. I guess it took me getting out of college to realize how many dumb bitches are out there.
Old 02-16-2013, 08:54 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well it depends what your college experience is. I have to keep a 3.7 or I have to drop out and I go to a private chrsitian school so I don't have too many parties I go to. And honestly I don't want to date a girl that is partying all the time.

What I want is vastly different from the majority though it seems.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 11:40 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCAChainGang View Post
Well it depends what your college experience is. I have to keep a 3.7 or I have to drop out and I go to a private chrsitian school so I don't have too many parties I go to. And honestly I don't want to date a girl that is partying all the time.

What I want is vastly different from the majority though it seems.
Well there are all kinds of girls in college. Not just party girls. My point was that college is a great place to meet girls who are usually pretty intelligent and are going somewhere in life.
Old 02-17-2013, 12:52 AM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What is your guys opinion on taking a **** where you eat? The food is really good but I really want to take a **** in this particular location...
Old 02-17-2013, 01:12 AM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbears13 View Post
What is your guys opinion on taking a **** where you eat? The food is really good but I really want to take a **** in this particular location...
Housemate? Co-worker?
Old 02-17-2013, 04:02 AM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierce2walker View Post
Housemate? Co-worker?
Working on a school project together.
Old 02-17-2013, 08:46 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Then definitely take that ****, unless you're being literal, then that's too kinky, even for me.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote: