Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 02-15-2013, 02:30 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Andy Reid drafts mediocre guys like Foles so he can dupe other teams into spending their high picks on them. He isn't going to waste his when he needs a QB.

I'm not the biggest fan of Smith, but Foles? Come on man.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 04:41 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
The Eagles said it would take a "major" deal to move Foles, and he isn't worth a major deal, so I doubt anything happens. Giving up anything more than a 4th or 5th for him would piss me off.
Would you expect the Eagles to take a different stance at this point? It's all posturing on their part to try and get a high return on a player who is no longer an asset to them.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 04:44 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The Eagles said it would take a "major" deal to move Foles, and he isn't worth a major deal, so I doubt anything happens. Giving up anything more than a 4th or 5th for him would piss me off.
and rightfully so. I'd be surprised if the Eagles could much more than a 4th for him, its not like he blew people away. He didn't look anywhere near as good as Kolb did a few years back. Heck, I don't even know if he looked as good as A.J. Feeley all those years ago.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 12:30 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Since trolling vidae is really the only reason I come to this forum I figured I'd make an appearance for this little ditty from his teams faithful GM:

Chiefs GM John Dorsey says there is no "clear-cut guy" at quarterback that has separated himself as a first-round pick.
"There is no quarterback where personnel guys can definitely say, 'He's a first-round pick,'" Dorsey said. "There were so many inconsistencies in the collective group. There was not one guy that stood up and said, 'I'm the guy in the position this year.' There really wasn't one clear-cut guy." Geno Smith is widely regarded as the top quarterback, but there are others who think Matt Barkley, Mike Glennon, Ryan Nassib, or Tyler Wilson is that guy. The Kansas City Star says the Chiefs are more likely to draft a signal caller at the back of the draft than with the No. 1 overall pick, if they even take a quarterback at all.

Have fun with Alex Smith buddy
Robcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 12:36 PM    (permalink
TheMatriculator
Veteran

TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robcards View Post
Since trolling vidae is really the only reason I come to this forum I figured I'd make an appearance for this little ditty from his teams faithful GM:

Chiefs GM John Dorsey says there is no "clear-cut guy" at quarterback that has separated himself as a first-round pick.
"There is no quarterback where personnel guys can definitely say, 'He's a first-round pick,'" Dorsey said. "There were so many inconsistencies in the collective group. There was not one guy that stood up and said, 'I'm the guy in the position this year.' There really wasn't one clear-cut guy." Geno Smith is widely regarded as the top quarterback, but there are others who think Matt Barkley, Mike Glennon, Ryan Nassib, or Tyler Wilson is that guy. The Kansas City Star says the Chiefs are more likely to draft a signal caller at the back of the draft than with the No. 1 overall pick, if they even take a quarterback at all.

Have fun with Alex Smith buddy
Anyone who believes anything that a GM says about the draft at this time of year is a fool and that includes Adam Teicher of the Kansas City Star.
TheMatriculator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 01:31 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You troll me? I've never considered you a troll, nor have I ever really cared about anything you had to say.

Looks like you have no reason to come back here now. :)

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 01:32 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I do hope KC gets Alex Smith, would be a step in the right direction for the Raiders :)

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 01:33 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderz4Life View Post
I do hope KC gets Alex Smith, would be a step in the right direction for the Raiders :)
Bro, you'd still be the Raiders, and you'd still have Carson Palmer. :(

Old 02-17-2013, 01:54 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatriculator View Post
Anyone who believes anything that a GM says about the draft at this time of year is a fool and that includes Adam Teicher of the Kansas City Star.
When they have the #1 pick... it changes things.

The GM with the #1 pick should be talking about how great the draft is and how much they are enjoying the process, to both generate fan interest and interest from others around the league (for a possible trade).
Old 02-17-2013, 01:58 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

There is a very good chance that the Chiefs don't draft a QB #1. I'm not denying that. I still think it would be a mistake, but I'm not paid a lot of money to make those decisions either.

They're going to do what they feel is best for the team going forward, and I'll try my best to get on board with that.

Unless they let Albert walk just to draft Joeckel. That would piss me off something fierce.

Old 02-17-2013, 02:17 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the **** is a robcards?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 02:23 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
the **** is a robcards?
Some dip who thinks he trolls me or something. I dunno.

Old 02-17-2013, 03:13 PM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thought I might share this quote from the GM of the Chiefs. He doesn't say there's no QB who is clear cut to be the first round pick, he says "There is no quarterback where personnel guys can definitely say, ‘He’s a first-round pick,’" Potentially no QB worth taking in the first round. That just makes it seem like an even longer shot for the Chiefs taking a QB with the first overall pick.
Old 02-17-2013, 04:01 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcn92 View Post
Thought I might share this quote from the GM of the Chiefs. He doesn't say there's no QB who is clear cut to be the first round pick, he says "There is no quarterback where personnel guys can definitely say, Hes a first-round pick," Potentially no QB worth taking in the first round. That just makes it seem like an even longer shot for the Chiefs taking a QB with the first overall pick.
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 02-17-2013, 04:30 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Excellent use of Pokemon for this situation, Scotty.
Old 02-17-2013, 06:32 PM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If it's a smoke screen than that would mean they don't intend on using the first overall pick on a QB and trading down. You don't really need to use a smoke screen with the first pick unless you plan on trading that pick or using that pick and then trading back into the first round.
Old 02-17-2013, 06:51 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Smokescreens just means you're hiding your true intentions.
Dorsey wants some gullible GM to believe the Chiefs either aren't interested in taking a QB 1/1, or are willing to trade down.

If the Chiefs have more than one QB graded out roughly the same, they probably are open to dealing but not too far down.

I think the Chiefs would trade somewhere down in the top 4 picks to a team that's set on drafting a player other than Geno Smith.

Geno Smith may not be the top overall selection in some people's evaluations, but who else looks like a first player taken type prospect??
Old 02-17-2013, 07:13 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
There is a very good chance that the Chiefs don't draft a QB #1. I'm not denying that. I still think it would be a mistake, but I'm not paid a lot of money to make those decisions either.
You're not denying that? Every post you've made since like week 3 has been denying that.
Old 02-17-2013, 07:14 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Quote:
You troll me? I've never considered you a troll, nor have I ever really cared about anything you had to say.

Looks like you have no reason to come back here now. :)
It doesn't matter if you care, all that matters is that you respond, and that you make ridiculous claims about a team you're allegedly a fan of =)
Old 02-17-2013, 07:20 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcn92 View Post
If it's a smoke screen than that would mean they don't intend on using the first overall pick on a QB and trading down. You don't really need to use a smoke screen with the first pick unless you plan on trading that pick or using that pick and then trading back into the first round.
except, you know, trying to see if teams want to trade up and stuff. you know, that whole little diddly
Quote:
Old 02-17-2013, 08:42 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They can't very well say "OMG THESE QBS KICK ASS!" Then everyone would be like "yeah, so why aren't you taking one instead of trying to to move back?"

Guessing the plan is to pick Geno unless someone is crazy in love with Star or Joeckel and decides to give them what Shanny gave up for RGIII. Not gonna happen, but they have to try with silly smokescreens like that.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:46 PM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
They can't very well say "OMG THESE QBS KICK ASS!" Then everyone would be like "yeah, so why aren't you taking one instead of trying to to move back?"

Probably just trying to trade back one spot with Jacksonville in the hopes that Jacksonville chooses to roll with Gabbert and pick Star/JJ. Then KC would still get Geno and an extra pick or two.
Why would Jacksonville want #1? The chances of Kansas City taking who the Jaguars want is pretty slim. No reason for them to give up a pick.
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:00 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is the interesting quote:
Quote:
“There are too many technical flaws, scheme flaws. There are so many different variables that there are a lot of people all over the place on naming the top four or five guys and who those guys would be.”
He's calling out Smith right there pretty obviously. Maybe it's a 'show me something this week' nudge or an honest (and I'd argue astute) observation.

I'd be surprised if they went with one of these QBs at No. 1. I actually think it's more likely to be Barkley or Wilson if they do go QB than Smith. I think if this is a smokescreen it's more likely a smokescreen for No. 34.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:03 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cordarrelle Patterson anyone?

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.
adschofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:06 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mufasa View Post
Why would Jacksonville want #1? The chances of Kansas City taking who the Jaguars want is pretty slim. No reason for them to give up a pick.
Like I said, not going to happen, but they have to try. Just like the Ravens offering Flacco 10 per year last offseason.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote