Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-18-2013, 12:05 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shupp View Post
You can move to Carimi to FB if you want, doesn't change the fact that Aldon throws him to the ground every play like he's a rag doll.
The fact remains that Gabe Carimi is a very fine guard. Aldon Smith has nothing to do with that, because Aldon Smith has never played in a game in which Gabe Carimi played at the guard position. If you want to play the "name a team's busts" game, you're going to have to pick actual busts. You're arguing against something no one ever said.

Stop doing it wrong. It's not hard. We had Jerry Angelo forever. We have plenty of actual busts.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 12:11 AM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiFan24 View Post
Alex Smith sucks.
This was somehow relevant though? lol

Carimi was the 1st sucky Bear that came to mind for a response that's all...

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya:The lack of ignorance in this thread is alarming.
Shupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 12:11 AM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I started a monster.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 12:14 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
This was somehow relevant though? lol

Carimi was the 1st sucky Bear that came to mind for a response that's all...
I never mentioned Alex Smith.
Old 02-18-2013, 12:20 AM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
I never mentioned Alex Smith.
Then you shouldn't have responded

Quote:
Old 02-18-2013, 12:55 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Quote:
Then you shouldn't have responded
Why? your post wasn't about Alex Smith, either.

Live by your own arbitrary rules, kiddo.
Old 02-18-2013, 01:01 AM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Quote:
Why? your post wasn't about Alex Smith, either.

Live by your own arbitrary rules, kiddo.
Duma$$ I just said Carimi was in response to the Alex Smith comment. It's like talking to a F****** wall. Don't hop onto a response that is towards someone else and then complain that it isn't relevant to you.

Quote:
Old 02-18-2013, 01:04 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Quote:
Duma$$ I just said Carimi was in response to the Alex Smith comment. It's like talking to a F****** wall.
Yeah, well...You replying to a post about Alex Smith with Gabe Carimi makes a good deal less sense than me replying to a post about Gabe Carimi with some more Gabe Carimi, does it not?

I think what you mean is that you like to imagine speaking to a wall. The two of you would get along famously, because it'd just sit there and accept every silly thing you said without correcting you.
Old 02-18-2013, 01:15 AM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Quote:
The fact remains that Gabe Carimi is a very fine guard. You're arguing against something no one ever said.
You're too stupid to see that the Alex Smith comment was a random niner attack by a Bear fan so it makes perfect sense to respond with criticism of a crappy Bear player (wasn't hard to chose one, there were plenty on the menu).

Aldon Smith personally changed Carimi's position from Tackle to Guard after he embarrassed and abused him in front of the entire country. In fact your entire crappy team was abused and embarrassed by us. Carimi isn't good enough to play tackle, the position he was drafted in the 1st round to play. He is a bust.

Quote:
Old 02-18-2013, 01:18 AM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Quote:
Yeah, well...You replying to a post about Alex Smith with Gabe Carimi makes a good deal less sense than me replying to a post about Gabe Carimi with some more Gabe Carimi, does it not?

I think what you mean is that you like to imagine speaking to a wall. The two of you would get along famously, because it'd just sit there and accept every silly thing you said without correcting you.
You're obviously bitter that your team sucks and was destroyed by SF last year. Instead of the "Windy" city, maybe they should rename it the "Whiny" city.

Quote:
Old 02-18-2013, 01:32 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Quote:
You're too stupid to see that the Alex Smith comment was a random niner attack by a Bear fan
No, I'm not too stupid to see that. I did see that. I just don't care. Why should I?

Quote:
so it makes perfect sense to respond with criticism of a crappy Bear player (wasn't hard to chose one, there were plenty on the menu).
Yeah, and I responded by also talking about the EXACT SAME player that you yourself brought up in the conversation. You don't get to claim that I'm off-topic for doing that.

Also..."Oooh my team is better than your team! My dad can beat up your dad! My weiner is bigger than yours!"

Quote:
Aldon Smith personally changed Carimi's position from Tackle to Guard after he embarrassed and abused him in front of the entire country.
No, not really. Despite being one of the best run blockers in the league, Carimi was bad at pass pro as a tackle all season. Tice had talked about benching him before Aldon Smith ever looked at film on him.

Quote:
In fact your entire crappy team was abused and embarrassed by us.
Yeah, and your team got curbstomped by Joe Flacco. So what? What's that got to do with whether Gabe Carimi is a bust or a bad player or whatever?

Quote:
Carimi isn't good enough to play tackle, the position he was drafted in the 1st round to play.
We don't know that. He's started 14 games at tackle. That's less than a season. Little early to go accusing the guy of being too bad to play his original position, isn't it? If he's a bust, 3/4 of all first round picks over the last two seasons are already busts.

Quote:
He is a bust.
...and yet so far, he looks quite good at guard and it's only his second year in the league. Please tell us more about how getting a guy who's good at guard at #29 overall is a bust..especially when most draftniks said that he'd be a better guard than tackle.

Last edited by Monomach : 02-18-2013 at 01:35 AM.
Old 02-18-2013, 02:01 AM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone that knows anything knows this thread has been all about Alex Smith all along; I just put it into words that many others were struggling to find. Now I won't waste another second of my valuable time talking about crappy backup QB's.

As for the OP....Jermon Bushrod and Cliff Avril are the two that come to mind immediately. Looking down Monomach's list, I actually think there are plenty of good buys. I still like what guys like Laron Landry and DRC can bring to a defense, as shaky as they have been early in their careers.
Old 02-18-2013, 02:34 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Probably because the perception of what you tried to push earlier wasn't true. Goldson is actually my favorite player on defense. Surprise.
Coming from you that's like saying one piece of **** stinks less than the other.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:15 AM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
Coming from you that's like saying one piece of **** stinks less than the other.
Are you saying certain pieces of **** don't stink less than others? Because I can prove that theory wrong in 12 hours or less
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:42 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Right because I've made my feelings clear on Goldson being a piece of ****.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 08:53 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

shupp doesn't understand the alex smith jokes and then got his undies in a bunch.

never change NFL section, never change
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:40 AM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
Feel free to talk about another player then. I guess it's much easier to complain how active 49ers fans are on the board (positive or negative) instead of actually bring content to the table.
Well done. This is what I end up screaming around here when these debates inevitably end up this way.

Someone makes a statement that says "Goldson is overrated". Then they follow it up with "Dude was exposed in coverage in the playoffs, ALL DAY. Green Bay, Atlanta, and Baltimore all tore him up." Which simply isn't true. Then he again states "This guy makes big hits, but wow, was he exposed in coverage." No one cares to point out how wrong this guy is though. It's ok to pull **** out of your ass around here, as long as it is against anything 49ers related.

49ers fans come along and basically say while he cannot be considered great in coverage, he is no way as terrible as some are making him sound. Cue "49ers homer card" and we're off and running. Since, you know, we can't fairly grade our own players on these boards because of our blind homerism disease.

But then, well respected posters, like Fenikz and Matthew Jones come along and make some pretty good statements as to why Goldson is not as bad in coverage as others are making him out to be and those comments get swept under the rug for the most part... right?

I'll finish with this. I like Goldson. I think he is a very good safety. I hope we keep him. He can be a liability in coverage, but he can make big plays in other ways. After while, I'll try and get to some of the other players mentioned in this thread and if I know close to anything about them... I'll give my opinion.
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:29 AM    (permalink
crossroads
Rookie

crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by farfromforgotten View Post
Well done. This is what I end up screaming around here when these debates inevitably end up this way.

Someone makes a statement that says "Goldson is overrated". Then they follow it up with "Dude was exposed in coverage in the playoffs, ALL DAY. Green Bay, Atlanta, and Baltimore all tore him up." Which simply isn't true. Then he again states "This guy makes big hits, but wow, was he exposed in coverage." No one cares to point out how wrong this guy is though. It's ok to pull **** out of your ass around here, as long as it is against anything 49ers related.

49ers fans come along and basically say while he cannot be considered great in coverage, he is no way as terrible as some are making him sound. Cue "49ers homer card" and we're off and running. Since, you know, we can't fairly grade our own players on these boards because of our blind homerism disease.

But then, well respected posters, like Fenikz and Matthew Jones come along and make some pretty good statements as to why Goldson is not as bad in coverage as others are making him out to be and those comments get swept under the rug for the most part... right?

I'll finish with this. I like Goldson. I think he is a very good safety. I hope we keep him. He can be a liability in coverage, but he can make big plays in other ways. After while, I'll try and get to some of the other players mentioned in this thread and if I know close to anything about them... I'll give my opinion.
As someone who hasn't posted in this thread but has read through it all, I have to say this seems like an odd take on what happened. From what I read it seemed like a debate on the level of Goldson's play, with several people from multiple fan bases on either side of the debate. The first person to say anything about 49ers fans was Phylsac.
crossroads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:50 AM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossroads View Post
As someone who hasn't posted in this thread but has read through it all, I have to say this seems like an odd take on what happened. From what I read it seemed like a debate on the level of Goldson's play, with several people from multiple fan bases on either side of the debate. The first person to say anything about 49ers fans was Phylsac.
Eh, perhaps I jumped the gun a little on this one. I haven't slept much in 3 days and I guess I'm just used to going into a defensive stance really quickly around here anymore. My bad. I'm getting back in bed now.
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:40 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossroads View Post
Except it wasn't just a discussion based upon the facts of Goldson's play. Complete fallacies about his play were being made.

I did mention "49ers' fans" first. However it was in direct response to this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabscuttle View Post
This thread makes me grateful that Vernon Davis is not a free agent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
this whole thread just makes me

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
I think people may be confusing Goldson with Whitner who got abused in the Super Bowl
Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
Nah. It's just 49ers' fans being homers again. Goldson actually does get beat deep alot. He actually does give up alot of big plays.

Who wants to talk about Vernon Davis? He should be the highest paid player in the NFL.

There guys. You win.
They even changed the name of the thread.
Old 02-18-2013, 03:43 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Right because I've made my feelings clear on Goldson being a piece of ****.
You probably have.
Old 02-18-2013, 03:45 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You probably have.
Like I said in the other thread, believe what you want...regardless of what the actual reality of the situation dictates.

Quote:
Old 02-18-2013, 03:47 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by farfromforgotten View Post

This. Fantastic post.

Quote:
Old 02-18-2013, 03:54 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Quote:
Like I said in the other thread, believe what you want...regardless of what the actual reality of the situation dictates.
The reality is you trash the Niners and all their players every chance you get?
Old 02-18-2013, 04:04 PM    (permalink
NotMyJob
Rookie

NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

why can't you guys ***** and whine via PM?