Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 02-09-2013, 03:52 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole View Post
Lane Kiffin and class never belong in the same sentence.
Well he wanted out of his contract. Kiffin and Haden let him out of it, and did it without making someone pay to get him out of it. That is a class act, would it be classier if we started allowing kids into school who can't spell their own name?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 04:05 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Well he wanted out of his contract. Kiffin and Haden let him out of it, and did it without making someone pay to get him out of it. That is a class act, would it be classier if we started allowing kids into school who can't spell their own name?
Yeah i am sure USC has a team full of Rhodes Scholars.
MassNole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 04:17 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah i am sure USC has a team full of Rhodes Scholars.
Myron Rolle is canceled out by the Cromartie's of the FSU football world, and the 50+ special admits you give per year to football players who have 6 kids and speak like 49erNation85.

But yes, you need to be able to spell to get in to USC and play football.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...n=ncaaf,196189

Nothing screams academic prestige like have students that can't even read Green Eggs and Ham.

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 02-09-2013, 06:36 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Myron Rolle is canceled out by the Cromartie's of the FSU football world, and the 50+ special admits you give per year to football players who have 6 kids and speak like 49erNation85.

But yes, you need to be able to spell to get in to USC and play football.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...n=ncaaf,196189

Nothing screams academic prestige like have students that can't even read Green Eggs and Ham.
Well I'll take 12-2 and a Top 10 finish over 7-6 any day of the week.
Old 02-09-2013, 06:43 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Well I'll take 12-2 and a Top 10 finish over 7-6 any day of the week.
You'd think a Noles fan would realize that powerhouses have down era's much like you guys went through for some time until just recently. But yeah, keep priding yourself on being an elementary school and continue to talk like you've been on the top of CFB for the last decade.

I like Jimbo, but jesus...SC has been better than FSU for quite some time now.

Quote:
Old 02-09-2013, 07:27 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

Quote:
You'd think a Noles fan would realize that powerhouses have down era's much like you guys went through for some time until just recently. But yeah, keep priding yourself on being an elementary school and continue to talk like you've been on the top of CFB for the last decade.

I like Jimbo, but jesus...SC has been better than FSU for quite some time now.
Since Jimbo took over FSU is 31-10, USC is 25-13. How is that better for some time?
Old 02-09-2013, 07:48 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

USC has been better for the last 10 years or so overall. FSU is currently better last year, but it's not like they are consistently a top 10 team.

Also Cam Cameron at LSU is funny to me. He probably will do well at the college level though. If Greg Mattison can stick he can too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:14 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Since Jimbo took over FSU is 31-10, USC is 25-13. How is that better for some time?
Is this really a ******* question? Are you that oblivious to the fact that prior to to Pete leaving this was arguably one of the most dominant programs the sport has seen? While FSU was sittin there chillin in the Pre Season top 10 only to go 6-6.

To back up your claim of not being better for some time you go back a whopping 3 years? Comical.

Quote:
Old 02-09-2013, 09:06 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sorry, but that sounds like spin to me as well. If he wanted out of his contract why didn't they fire him last year? Why didn't they fire him right after the NFL season when the Rams started looking to add to their coaching staff? Why did they need to fire him at all? What is stopping USC from saying "go to the NFL, we won't enforce the buyout"?
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:39 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
Sorry, but that sounds like spin to me as well. If he wanted out of his contract why didn't they fire him last year? Why didn't they fire him right after the NFL season when the Rams started looking to add to their coaching staff? Why did they need to fire him at all? What is stopping USC from saying "go to the NFL, we won't enforce the buyout"?
His USC denials reminds me of the way JoePa fans are still denying that he knew about Sandusky. Cognitive dissonance.

Tressel fans are the same way. I guess every fan base has their "true believers".
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 10:07 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

I hate Kiffin man, I'm just telling you guys what our insiders and beat writers have been told. If its bull ****, thats what it is...but thats what we have heard thus far. So yes, continue telling me I'm trying to defend the coach I want as far away from Troy as possible.

Quote:
Old 02-10-2013, 07:20 AM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Is this really a ******* question? Are you that oblivious to the fact that prior to to Pete leaving this was arguably one of the most dominant programs the sport has seen? While FSU was sittin there chillin in the Pre Season top 10 only to go 6-6.

To back up your claim of not being better for some time you go back a whopping 3 years? Comical.
Pete Carroll is gone and 3 years is the time each coach has been at their respective schools. If anything the talent left from Carroll makes Kiffin's performance that much more pathetic. He is easily the worst BCS coach in the country.
Old 02-13-2013, 03:33 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

FSU hired former 49ers and UCLA OC Mike Johnson as the new QB Coach. Every offensive hire Fisher has made this year has been a former OC at the BCS and/or NFL level.

Mike Johnson - OC at SF, UCLA
Randy Sanders - OC at Tennessee, Kentucky
Billy Napier - OC at Clemson

Not too shabby.
Old 02-13-2013, 03:40 PM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I'm sig quoting this. I actually laughed out loud.
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:18 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Darrell Wilson leaves Iowa to come to Rutgers as DB Coach.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:30 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So Kennedy still out of a job
Old 02-15-2013, 12:18 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 03:17 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Darrell Wilson leaves Iowa to come to Rutgers as DB Coach.
He will be a great recruiter for you guys. He was out guy that brought in some East coast talent, did a great job of finding some unheralded talent for us.

As far as a DB coach, he should be ok but remains to be seen. He was a great LB coach for us, took over DBs in 2012 and we were ehhhh.

On that note, we just hired Bobby Kennedy as our WR coach and Jim Reid to "work with the defense" whatever that means.

Kennedy was Greg Davis's WR coach at Texas (yayyyyyyy....) and Reid just got fired as DC of Virginia.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 06:56 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
He will be a great recruiter for you guys. He was out guy that brought in some East coast talent, did a great job of finding some unheralded talent for us.

As far as a DB coach, he should be ok but remains to be seen. He was a great LB coach for us, took over DBs in 2012 and we were ehhhh.

On that note, we just hired Bobby Kennedy as our WR coach and Jim Reid to "work with the defense" whatever that means.

Kennedy was Greg Davis's WR coach at Texas (yayyyyyyy....) and Reid just got fired as DC of Virginia.
Yeah I'm very excited about the hire. He used to work here for 1 year but now he should really help us in South Jersey and Maryland.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 02:34 PM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Michigan State offensive coordinator Dan Roushar has left to become the running backs coach of the New Orleans Saints per Rivals.com. Roushar and Sean Payton worked together when Payton was at Illinois. Roushar had been with Dantonio since he was at Cincinnati. Wonder who Dantonio will look to for his new offensive coordinator.
Old 02-17-2013, 05:06 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

USC is interested in Pat Hill as their Offensive Coordinator/O line coach. Bama is also interested in him as an O-Line coach.

If SC gives him play calling duties it would help out, and he is from Southern California.

Quote:
Old 02-18-2013, 10:28 AM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
USC is interested in Pat Hill as their Offensive Coordinator/O line coach. Bama is also interested in him as an O-Line coach.

If SC gives him play calling duties it would help out, and he is from Southern California.
That would be a phenomenal hire for either Bama or USC.
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 01:47 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Probably doesn't surprise most but, to date, only one former Paterno staffer has found another job in coaching, Kermit Buggs (ST coordinator/RBs at UConn after spending last year as a DC at Lock Haven).

While I'm not surprised, there are a few that deserve coaching jobs again. Tom Bradley, in particular, does not deserve to be exiled into the media, even though he appears to really like it. I hope he decides to return to coaching someday and that someone will be willing to take him in.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 02:21 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Well Pat Hill to USC looks a little better now. Bama has signed Mario Cristobal to be their O Line coach. He was at Miami for what? 2 months?

Quote:
Old 02-19-2013, 07:40 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Basically. Pretty sketch move by him. Need to get a real QB or WR coach in here now.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote