Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-17-2013, 04:49 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

here's my 5 step plan for the Suns :)

1. Trade Marcin Gortat & Jared Dudley for Josh Smith
2. Draft Shabazz Muhammad/Ben McLemore
3. Re-sign Josh Smith
4. Sign Dwight Howard
5. #PhoenixSuns2014

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 06:01 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post

3. Re-sign Josh Smith
4. Sign Dwight Howard
5. #PhoenixSuns2014
That would be a ******* steal for the Hawks.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 06:22 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

what do you think would be an even trade?

Gortat/Beasley?

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 07:07 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
I cannot wait for Kyrie to sign with Miami in a few years. I'm going to laugh to the point of tears.

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)

Last edited by BuckeyeDan17 : 02-18-2013 at 01:05 PM.
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 07:10 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
That would be a ******* steal for the Hawks.
Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if the Hawks end up getting a lot less than people think. He's about to be a FA and it seems like he doesn't want to stay in ATL so the Hawks really don't have much leverage. Plus there's the fact that trade partners are pretty much limited to teams that Smith has interest in, which lowers ATLs leverage that much more.

Last edited by pierce2walker : 02-17-2013 at 07:32 PM.
pierce2walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 07:26 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
what do you think would be an even trade?

Gortat/Beasley?
Gortat I guess is kind of decent for you, although Gortat doesn't take nearly the amount of ridiculously dumb shots. Beasley for anyone is a bad idea.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 02-17-2013, 10:07 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lebron's streak is over. he's shooting 7-15 with only 18 points.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 04:29 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

3. Re-sign Josh Smith
4. Sign Dwight Howard
5. #PhoenixSuns2014
Your plan doesn't include Oladipo so it fails.

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 05:28 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wish I could sit in on one of the production meetings for All-Star Saturday. How do you come up with Nick Cannon, Fall Out Boy, and those judges? Its all a joke now anyway, but it got so pathetic that they were giving out 50s for just completing a dunk.

I still can't get over how Nick Cannon is still actively employed.
Old 02-18-2013, 08:54 AM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
I still can't get over how Nick Cannon is still actively employed.
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:03 AM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

RIP Dr. Jerry Buss :(

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 12:26 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Reported yesterday the 76ers would still be in the hunt for JSmoove. I would be all for trading Bynum for JSmoove. Let the Hawks try to resign him.
Old 02-18-2013, 12:35 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachsaints52 View Post
Reported yesterday the 76ers would still be in the hunt for JSmoove. I would be all for trading Bynum for JSmoove. Let the Hawks try to resign him.
Doubt they would do that. I'd guess that they'd rather keep their options open for a run at Dwight.
Old 02-18-2013, 12:36 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cavs turned down a Hawks offer which would have sent Smith over. Not sure about details but I'm sure it would have involved Thompson or Waiters.

whatever

Old 02-18-2013, 12:40 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeDan17 View Post
Cavs turned down a Hawks offer which would have sent Smith over. Not sure about details but I'm sure it would have involved Thompson or Waiters.

whatever
I would have definitely done that if it was Waiters. Dude is going to be a hellacious chucker his entire career.
Old 02-18-2013, 01:52 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
I would have definitely done that if it was Waiters. Dude is going to be a hellacious chucker his entire career.
So.....Josh Smith then?

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 02-18-2013, 01:53 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
So.....Josh Smith then?
Well, at least you'd be upgrading to a more efficient chucker that plays vastly better defense.
Old 02-18-2013, 01:58 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

Quote:
He's been playing a lot smarter lately. His early success from behind the arc was actually a curse in disguise. He grew too confident in his jumper and just started jacking **** up. Now he's starting to take his scoring from inside out.

He's slowly making his strides. Not sold though, obviously.

As far as the trade, I just don't see the point. Smith's going to be seeking the the max when his contract is up and there's just no way our FO is going to throw that kind of money at a player like him.

Old 02-18-2013, 02:00 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is Waiters still a rookie? I must have missed the part where he's proven he's going to suck the rest of his career.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 02:03 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Is Waiters still a rookie? I must have missed the part where he's proven he's going to suck the rest of his career.
He'll be okay in the sense that he could easily be a 20 PPG guy. He'll always be, imo anyway, an inefficient volume shooter to get there. He could be a decent 6th man probably.
Old 02-18-2013, 05:43 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm glad to see Kyrie get some shine over the All Star break, he's been making his mark lately and shown up big in some 4th quarters. Where is he ranking right now in terms of a top PG in the league?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 05:47 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I'm glad to see Kyrie get some shine over the All Star break, he's been making his mark lately and shown up big in some 4th quarters. Where is he ranking right now in terms of a top PG in the league?
I have him just outside of the top 5.

1. Chris Paul
2. Derrick Rose
3. Tony Parker
4. Russel Westbrook
5. Rajon Rondo
Old 02-18-2013, 05:52 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I have him just outside of the top 5.

1. Chris Paul
2. Derrick Rose
3. Tony Parker
4. Russel Westbrook
5. Rajon Rondo
I can see that, and with 2 of them injured it makes his play stand out even more right now. Though Kyrie was going at Westbrook in that head to head matchup they had and Westbrook had no clue how to stop him, he stood out to me most in that game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 06:06 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

I'd really like to see him set up more easy baskets for his team mates more often rather than just going all-out iso ball (although his iso numbers are flat out excellent this year). To counter that though, he doesn't have any consistent shooters around him right now at all, AND Byron Scott has been on record saying that he has requested Irving to take on more of a scoring role because frankly, it's necessary for us to be somewhat competitive in games.

I definitely can't put him in the top 5 yet, but he's schooled some of the elite ones in head-to-head games.

He has a ways to go, but he shows so much promise. Dude turns 21 next month.

Last edited by BuckeyeDan17 : 02-18-2013 at 06:19 PM.
Old 02-18-2013, 06:48 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd put Kyrie in the top 5. We're afraid to do it bc he's so young, but he's good enough already that I'm comfortable ranking him ahead of Tony Parker and Rajon Rando.