Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 02-18-2013, 01:46 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
here's whats gonna happen:

Bowe gets resigned. Albert signs with the Bears or Rams.

Geno looks good but not great at Indy, moments of greatness, moments of crap. (like his college career)

Andy trades for Foles (a conditional 3 that becomes a 2 based on triggers)

Albert will be more expensive than Joeckel, who goes one.

the Chiefs can look for Geno (or whoever) at the flip flop early rd 2.

I come back to this thread for an I told you so in early May.
They will tag Albert if they have to. I don't see them tagging Bowe again. They either work out a deal or he walks.
Old 02-18-2013, 01:49 PM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Nick Foles is better than all those guys and he's perfect for Andy's offense. No one throws that little dink to the RB better. He's really accurate in short passing... some would call him captain checkdown, but he has the ability to make all the throws. this time next year Chiefs fans will love him.
Foles kind of reminds me of Cassel actually. Not in that backup QB traded blah blah blah type of way, but in the similar crappy QB type of way
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 01:50 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Nick Foles is better than all those guys and he's perfect for Andy's offense. No one throws that little dink to the RB better. He's really accurate in short passing... some would call him captain checkdown, but he has the ability to make all the throws. this time next year Chiefs fans will love him.
Why? Was he traded to KC and I just missed it?

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 01:50 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Everyone has been projected #1 overall, so why not Ansah too?
I think some of the internet scouting community have sort of ignored the possibility, but Ansah has freakish measurables, prototypical size for a pass rusher, and generally good tools while still having tremendous upside.

People mocking him outside of the top 20 are straight up delusional. Plenty of people claimed he was the best player at the senior bowl, in spite of the fact that a top 10 OT in Eric Fisher was present, which should tell you that he has special talent.

After seeing what JPP and Chandler Jones have been able to do, some GM will finally stop letting those kinds of guys out of the top 10.

It would be interesting to see how the Chiefs would handle having 3 premiere pass rushers (admittedly, this is why it doesn't make sense). But as far as the overall prospect grade combined with the overall positional importance, Ansah has to be one of the top 5 prospect in this draft.
Old 02-18-2013, 01:51 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Geno looks good but not great at Indy, moments of greatness, moments of crap. (like his college career)

I wouldn't be surprised if you were wrong about every single one of these predictions. You're way off base with pretty much everything else you say, so why not this?

Now I think Bowe walks, we re-sign Albert long term, Geno lights it up at the combine, goes #1, and Foles is an Eagle long term.

Old 02-18-2013, 01:52 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
It would be interesting to see how the Chiefs would handle having 3 premiere pass rushers (admittedly, this is why it doesn't make sense). But as far as the overall prospect grade combined with the overall positional importance, Ansah has to be one of the top 5 prospect in this draft.
That's my only problem with a Jarvis Jones or an Ansah. There is no place for him to play. Do you really use the 1st overall pick on a situation rusher? Maybe he rushes from inside, but even then, he's a situational guy. That seems like a huge waste of this opportunity.

Old 02-18-2013, 01:54 PM    (permalink
bitonti
DraftBathroom.com
Veteran

bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
They will tag Albert if they have to. .
the tag for linemen is 10.7 for 1 year. That's half of the total guarunteed money for whoever goes #1. Albert will cost more than Joeckel and don't rule out the Chargers or Cardinals. All these teams are desperate for LT.

Why Me? The Bob Lamonta Story

bitonti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 01:56 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
the tag for linemen is 10.7 for 1 year. That's half of the total guarunteed money for whoever goes #1. Albert will cost more than Joeckel and don't rule out the Chargers or Cardinals. All these teams are desperate for LT.
Stop harping on the cost. Who cares? You get what you pay for. You pay Albert and you get a very good left tackle, that you drafted and developed, and who wants to stay in KC.

The Chiefs have cap space. You use it to lock up your homegrown players that have proven worthy of that big contract. You don't let them walk just to draft their replacement.

Old 02-18-2013, 01:58 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

PLEASE just stop with all the shoving Joeckel down our throats.He makes absolutely NO sense for KC
Old 02-18-2013, 02:00 PM    (permalink
bitonti
DraftBathroom.com
Veteran

bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ansah got 4 career sacks that guy will never go 1 overall. He would have to have the best combine ever. the candidates are Joeckel, Jones and Star.

Old 02-18-2013, 02:01 PM    (permalink
bitonti
DraftBathroom.com
Veteran

if it's not Joekel it's Star or Jones. Geno's name is on the late 1, early rd 2 list.

You guys should listen to your new GM billy zane. He's a cool guy.

Old 02-18-2013, 02:01 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
PLEASE just stop with all the shoving Joeckel down our throats.He makes absolutely NO sense for KC
He's best player available and you currently don't have a LT under contract. He makes a lot more sense than pretty much anyone else you could take there. I'd be irate if I were a chiefs fan and they reached for a QB 1, I'd be irate as a Jets fan and the Jets took the 1st QB at 9 in this draft.
Robcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 02:06 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This thread makes me want to kill myself.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 02:15 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Warmack would make sense if they can find a way to move down 8-9 picks.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 02:15 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robcards View Post
He's best player available and you currently don't have a LT under contract. He makes a lot more sense than pretty much anyone else you could take there. I'd be irate if I were a chiefs fan and they reached for a QB 1, I'd be irate as a Jets fan and the Jets took the 1st QB at 9 in this draft.
I'd rather use the 1st pick on Star then waste it on Joeckel
Old 02-18-2013, 02:16 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
This thread makes me want to kill myself.
Likewise. You can sum all of this up in one page. Then you get interest debate for maybe one more and that is all you need. At least until free agency starts.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 02:17 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witten4HOF View Post
Warmack would make sense if they can find a way to move down 8-9 picks.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 02:24 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the Chiefs let Albert walk and draft Joeckel they have improved nothing.
Old 02-18-2013, 02:24 PM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCAChainGang View Post
The problem is there will be no suitor to take the #1 pick.
Oh I agree. I'm just saying that's the only way you can justify a Patterson pick.
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 02:26 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
I'd rather use the 1st pick on Star then waste it on Joeckel
Chiefs have more NTs on the roster than LTs, don't see how Joeckel would be a waste and Star isn't a waste. Moving Star or Poe to 5-tech would be the ultimate waste of a pick IMO
Old 02-18-2013, 02:37 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My prediction if they re-sign Albert:

- Sign or trade for Alex Smith, Nick Foles, or Matt Flynn AND/OR Draft a QB in the late first on a trade-up, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, or 5th.
- Take Patterson, Floyd, Jones, Star, Milliner, Vaccaro, Rhodes, Banks, Mingo, Richardson, Warmack, Lacy, Eifert, Ertz, or Hopkins at either No. 1 or on a trade-down.

I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that we see an unprecedented trade down all the way out of the top 10 (or even 5), given the unusual and unprecedented circumstances of this situation.

Last edited by gpngc : 02-18-2013 at 02:40 PM.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 02:47 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

At least 20 players have been linked to the Chiefs at #1. It's hilarious to me at this point.

Old 02-18-2013, 02:56 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
My prediction if they re-sign Albert:

- Sign or trade for Alex Smith, Nick Foles, or Matt Flynn AND/OR Draft a QB in the late first on a trade-up, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, or 5th.
- Take Patterson, Floyd, Jones, Star, Milliner, Vaccaro, Rhodes, Banks, Mingo, Richardson, Warmack, Lacy, Eifert, Ertz, or Hopkins at either No. 1 or on a trade-down.

I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that we see an unprecedented trade down all the way out of the top 10 (or even 5), given the unusual and unprecedented circumstances of this situation.
lol you have to be trolling. Ertz Eifert Lacy or Hopkins at #1? Wowee
Old 02-18-2013, 02:57 PM    (permalink
KaneMarko
Veteran

KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The Chiefs ALREADY have checkdown QBs on the roster. If that's the type of QB they want, one that's always going to play it safe and live on screens, checkdowns and underneath routes, then they should probably just save everyone a lot of time and just stick with Matt Cassel and Brady Quinn. 2 QBs NOTORIOUS for only really being semi-effective in the short passing game.

The Chiefs need a QB that they can open up the field with. They cannot do that with the QBs on the roster. And if Foles cannot do that then they really need to look someplace else.
KaneMarko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 02:59 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneMarko View Post
The Chiefs ALREADY have checkdown QBs on the roster. If that's the type of QB they want, one that's always going to play it safe and live on screens, checkdowns and underneath routes, then they should probably just save everyone a lot of time and just stick with Matt Cassel and Brady Quinn. 2 QBs NOTORIOUS for only really being semi-effective in the short passing game.

The Chiefs need a QB that they can open up the field with. They cannot do that with the QBs on the roster. And if Foles cannot do that then they really need to look someplace else.
You clearly have no clue about Nick Foles' skillset at all. Watch some of his tape and tell me he's a checkdown QB. He has an absolute cannon and has solid accuracy on downfield throws. There are definitely flaws in his game, no question, but calling him a checkdown QB is like calling RGIII a pocket passer.