Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-18-2013, 04:29 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
Except it wasn't just a discussion based upon the facts of Goldson's play. Complete fallacies about his play were being made.

I did mention "49ers' fans" first. However it was in direct response to this...

They even changed the name of the thread.

Dude get over it, this is pathetic.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 04:40 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
The reality is you trash the Niners and all their players every chance you get?
And I'll continue to repeat what I've several times: believe what you want.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 04:42 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, I'm not as harsh as you guys are on Goldston, I think he's a solid player.

But I don't view him as an All Pro FS. And he's going to command that kind of money, or at least that's the perception of him.
Old 02-18-2013, 04:44 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
And I'll continue to repeat what I've several times: believe what you want.
Why are you the victim of so much 9er fan-on-9er fan crime, Ness?
Monomach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 04:52 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How is Ness being accused of being a Niner hater? How does that make sense?

That's like someone accusing Snowflake of knowing anything about basketball.
Old 02-18-2013, 06:12 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
How is Ness being accused of being a Niner hater? How does that make sense?

That's like someone accusing Snowflake of knowing anything about basketball.
I do see Ness talk down on the niners a lot. While I don't doubt that he is a fan, he is NEVER satisfied.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 06:45 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
I do see Ness talk down on the niners a lot. While I don't doubt that he is a fan, he is NEVER satisfied.
There's nothing wrong with that. He has high expectations, and just saw his team fall short 2 seasons in a row. The only fans who should be satisfied are Ravens fans. The rest of us should want more. Isn't that what this game is all about? We root for our teams to go all the way.

He doesn't talk down on the 49ers. The 49ers fans on this forum are just ridiculous sometimes with their homerism.

We also are picking on them as a fanbase too. Sometimes they don't even say anything wrong and we jump on them for no reason.
Old 02-18-2013, 08:18 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mike Wallace overrated. He is not a complete WR yet he wants to be paid like one. I don't mind paying him, but not what he thinks he is worth.
Old 02-18-2013, 08:53 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The theory here that I've been some massive homer for the 49ers have always been a fabrication that had no basis in reality. I'm much more close to the vest and critical when it comes to my team. And I've gotten some flack from other 49ers fans on this board for it. And that's fine. It is what it is. I will defend certain players like Goldson or Davis when I read some opinions from other fanbases that I don't agree with and/or find ridiculous.

Quote:
Old 02-18-2013, 09:07 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The theory here that I've been some massive homer for the 49ers have always been a fabrication that had no basis in reality. I'm much more close to the vest and critical when it comes to my team. And I've gotten some flack from other 49ers fans on this board for it. And that's fine. It is what it is. I will defend certain players like Goldson or Davis when I read some opinions from other fanbases that I don't agree with and/or find ridiculous.
Weren't you the guy that wrote Shaun Hill was/is a top 15 QB in the NFL.
Old 02-18-2013, 09:18 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
That was abaddon41_80, I believe.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:23 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is someone implying that Hill isn't a top 20 QB?

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:29 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Nope. That's wrong.

Quote:
Old 02-18-2013, 09:44 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I just found it comical when you were nitpicking about Alex Smith playing the best ball of his career earlier this season. The guy was a few Kyle Williams fumbles and a no call on Bradshaws away from the super bowl, and was playing BETTER than that this year and it wasn't good enough.

I know Kaep has proven to be the guy, and will be the guy for a long time...but Alex wasn't giving you guys much to complain about...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:48 PM    (permalink
nikkayeah
Rookie

nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i've seen goldson knock down more deep balls these last 2 seasons than deep balls he's given up
Old 02-18-2013, 09:56 PM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I feel sorry for the poor team who will throw big $$$ towards Sean Smith. Has stone hands, easily abused at times and way too inconstant to relay on to cover an opposing teams top WR on a game to game basis. I've seen him hold his own pretty well again some top WR's at times, then I also see him be completely schooled by a bunch of scrubs. Looking back now, I wish the Dolphins traded Smith to the Colts instead of Davis.

Props to fenikz on the awesome sig
Da-Phins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:24 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
I just found it comical when you were nitpicking about Alex Smith playing the best ball of his career earlier this season. The guy was a few Kyle Williams fumbles and a no call on Bradshaws away from the super bowl, and was playing BETTER than that this year and it wasn't good enough.

I know Kaep has proven to be the guy, and will be the guy for a long time...but Alex wasn't giving you guys much to complain about...
Um...Alex Smith is not a good quarterback.
Old 02-18-2013, 10:47 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

See? I knew this thread was about Alex Smith. You're all two pages late.
Old 02-18-2013, 10:55 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
There's nothing wrong with that. He has high expectations, and just saw his team fall short 2 seasons in a row. The only fans who should be satisfied are Ravens fans. The rest of us should want more. Isn't that what this game is all about? We root for our teams to go all the way.

He doesn't talk down on the 49ers. The 49ers fans on this forum are just ridiculous sometimes with their homerism.

We also are picking on them as a fanbase too. Sometimes they don't even say anything wrong and we jump on them for no reason.
There's nothing wrong with having high expectations. He is worse than that he nitpicks EVERYTHING that they do to the point where if you into the Niner board after a win and din't see the game you would think they lost. It's fine to expect more but at some point you have to be grateful for something. He also picked the Niners to lose in EVERY single big game they were playing in this year.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:06 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
Is someone implying that Hill isn't a top 20 QB?
If Hill is a top 20 QB and Smith is a top 10 QB, does that make Kaep the best qb in the NFL?
Old 02-18-2013, 11:31 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If Hill is a top 20 QB and Smith is a top 10 QB, does that make Kaep the best qb in the NFL?
To some, yes.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:39 PM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just wait until Scott Tolzien gets his chance
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 12:02 AM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ey **** you guys, Kaep is secretly Mandingo, therefore he wins.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 12:25 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:

Well I wasn't a fan of the move to Kaepernick at first.

Quote:
Old 02-19-2013, 12:34 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
There's nothing wrong with having high expectations. He is worse than that he nitpicks EVERYTHING that they do to the point where if you into the Niner board after a win and din't see the game you would think they lost. It's fine to expect more but at some point you have to be grateful for something. He also picked the Niners to lose in EVERY single big game they were playing in this year.
Really? Let's see what I said before some big games in the gameday threads in the 49ers forum. We'll start with the most recent. The Super Bowl.

Quote:
I hope guys all enjoy the game. San Francisco is poppin here. Let's go get a win everyone.
Yeah, definitely picked them to lose.

How about against Atlanta. Let's see.

Quote:
That being said, I'm praying for this team to get pass the barrier and be back in the Super Bowl. I'd like guys such as Vernon Davis, Patrick Willis, and Alex Smith to have a shot at being apart of a Super Bowl team...but most of all I want Frank Gore to have a shot. He has been the heart and soul of this franchise since 2006 and I feel has made the biggest sacrifice to the organization. Harbaugh, Roman, and Fangio need to really come out guns blazing. Please win.
Looks like I picked them to lose again. How about Green Bay?

Quote:
Might as well get this started. I hope this is a good game and the 49ers come out on top. I pray that the 49ers don't just roll over like when the Giants came here in October. If we could just get THIS game and have another chance at just GETTING to the Super Bowl, I'll be so happy. Of the remaining NFC teams left, Green Bay is the team I least want to face. It is what it is though. I think Colin is going to have to have a huge game and rise up like Alex did last year and secure us the win. Maybe Frank Gore will go off. I don't know. Everyone seems to be picking the Packers. Whatever.
Need I go on? I think it's quite clear at this point that this rhetoric of me picking the 49ers to lose in EVERY single big game this season is only real in the confines of your skull. Usually I never make concrete selections for the 49ers either way. Even if I do it's usually not associated with a losing connotation. More along the lines of me hoping that the team does their jobs well so they have a chance to win whatever game.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 02-19-2013 at 12:42 AM.