Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 02-14-2013, 08:41 AM    (permalink
Big Bird
Rookie

Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Branden Smith Interview: One of Draft's Fastest

Interview with Georgia Prospect Branden Smith
Big Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 09:18 PM    (permalink
bigbenn
Veteran

bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.

This is a guy I think will be among the top 5/possibly top 3 fastest DB's with Hawthorne and Green.
bigbenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 10:24 PM    (permalink
Big Bird
Rookie

Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbenn View Post
This is a guy I think will be among the top 5/possibly top 3 fastest DB's with Hawthorne and Green.
It's too bad he didn't get a Combine invite. Smith is long on athletic ability and talent, and is training at one of the top draft training places. Just not sure what the committee wasn't seeing in order to not send him an invite.
Old 02-14-2013, 10:59 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

...ball skills?
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:18 AM    (permalink
bigbenn
Veteran

bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
It's too bad he didn't get a Combine invite. Smith is long on athletic ability and talent, and is training at one of the top draft training places. Just not sure what the committee wasn't seeing in order to not send him an invite.
That's not a surprise for me anymore after they whiffed on Tavon Wilson last year. I was suprised because I calling Wilson a 2nd rounder at worst for a while. Unlike Wilson,, Smith played his projected pro position his final year (Not to say Wilson can't play CB). With his length, tremendous speed/athleticism and coverage ability he's not going to be on the board very long. 2nd round at worst but I wouldn't be surprised with 1st round at all.
bigbenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 01:21 PM    (permalink
Big Bird
Rookie

The article has actually been updated after I talked with Georgia secondary coach Scott Lakatos today. Includes quotes from him now. Had nothing but good things to say about Smith.
Old 02-19-2013, 07:46 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

While he had a solid career and played a lot of football most people expected him to make more of a impact. I auctally think he might make more of a impact on offense in the NFL then defense. As you can see from the run he had his freshman year

incase your to lazy to click on the article
Old 02-19-2013, 12:31 PM    (permalink
Big Bird
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan View Post
While he had a solid career and played a lot of football most people expected him to make more of a impact. I auctally think he might make more of a impact on offense in the NFL then defense. As you can see from the run he had his freshman year
Branden and I talked about his career and he did it wasn't exactly what he expected of himself, but he knows he is capable of more. I know for sure from talking with him and Lakatos that lack of effort or hardwork was never a problem with him. He still has a lot of ability and somebody in the NFL is going to get a contributor.
Old 02-19-2013, 12:58 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
Branden and I talked about his career and he did it wasn't exactly what he expected of himself, but he knows he is capable of more. I know for sure from talking with him and Lakatos that lack of effort or hardwork was never a problem with him. He still has a lot of ability and somebody in the NFL is going to get a contributor.
Most UGA fans are down him bc he was a 5* CB who showed his speed with the long TD run in his 2nd career game. What you said about lack of effort and hardwork says a lot and is always great to hear. When you factor in that with his ability to be a KR/CB and some trick plays on offense he is worth the risk for me in like the 6th round I'm just not sure if he is ever gonna be a starting CB but he has the tools to be.