Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Sun rises in the East
Mid Draft Season Mock pt II *Combine*
sup. updated 3/11
1. Kansas City Chiefs – Luke Joeckel* /OT/ Texas A&M:
With the franchising of Albert, release of Winston, efforts to resign their defensive lineman, and Reid's track record of investing big on the offensive line..it all points to an OT with the Chiefs pick. Alberts played on the right side before and can do so again. NFL comp. Joe Thomas
*previous Shariff Floyd, Star Lotulelei
2. Jacksonville Jaguars – Eric Fisher /OT/Central Michigan:
Monroe is a fine LT but the Jags are lacking almost everywhere else upfront. They could move Monroe to the right side and shift Bradfield inside, turning a weakness into a strength. Fisher was so dominant in Mobile, he might have actually lowered Joeckel’s stock by looking like a comparable option at LT. NFL comp Joe Staley
*previous Luke Joeckel
3. Oakland Raiders – Shariff Floyd* /DT/ Florida:
Moves like an athletic DE and has the power of a plugging DT. Regarded as a sure top ten pick heading into the combine with Mayock and a few others thinking top 5. Tragic background that makes you root for him no matter what. NFL Comp. Darnell Dockett
*previous Sheldon Richardson, Bjoern Werner
4. Philadelphia Eagles – Lane Johnson /OT/ Oklahoma:
One of the biggest risers out of senior week and he impressed at the combine as expected. Now regarded as having higher upside then either Fisher or Joeckel. Kelly’s also explained that sacks are the kryptonite to his offense.
*previous Eric Fisher, Luke Joeckel
5. Detroit Lions - Sheldon Richardson* /DE/ Missouri:
Richardson is like a LB trapped in a DT’s body. Huge motor, surprising power, along with his mobility, could make him a top 5 pick. Doesn't fit the usual mold of a wide 9 DE but he gets up field and shoots gaps better then any other guy in this class. Played at 285 during the season before bulking up pre draft. NFL Comp. Justin Smith
*previous Dee Milliner
6. Cleveland Browns – Dion Jordan /OLB-DE/ Oregon:
Jarvis Jones is the perfect scheme fit but I think Lombardi/Banner won’t take the risk. Jordan’s got a similar skill set to previous busts like Jarvis Moss-Aaron Maybin, but I think his experience and ability in space separates him. It’s also remarkable that he put up such a solid season while playing half of it with that torn labrum. Had he stayed healthy, he'd have even more buzz. NFL comp. Julian Peterson (with 4 more inches)
7. Arizona Cardinals - Geno Smith /QB/ West Virginia
Didn't especially shine in positional workouts but came across very well in interviews reportedly. Also spoke of his reluctance to run, saying he was the facilitator of the offense and didn't want to selfishly take it over. If true, is that a flag? Idk, but I'd prefer a guy who wants to take over games. The Cards just need to pull the trigger, though. I'm impressed with Smith's toughness, improvisation and arm talent and given his noted work ethic it's worth the risk. NFL comp. Mark Brunnell
8. Buffalo Bills – Jarvis Jones* /OLB/ Georgia:
Right now I'm buying his story at the combine and feel like he'll pass enough team's med checks to not drop too far. I think the issue though for decision makers is not so much whether he can play with the condition, it's should he be playing. But it's his life. Obviously Jones is all in and wants to be drafted high but the next temp paralysis after an awkward hit might change his family’s mind, especially once their financially set. NFL comp. Chad Brown
*previous Damontre Moore
9. New York Jets - Chance Warmack /OG/ Alabama:
Ryan has one more season to show some kind of legitimate turn around or he’s out. Warmack is pro ready and helps Ryan immediately get back to his brand of football. Key word with this choice is "safe". Even if a rookie pass rusher taken here gets 10 sacks next season, if the offense plays as bad as it was, there still picking top 5 and Ryan's out. Top priority should be to fix the offense. NFL Comp. Will Shields
10. Tennessee Titans - Jonathan Cooper /OG/ North Carolina:
Ranked higher then Warmack on some teams' boards because he's the better athlete. With the signing of Wilson, you can take Vaccaro out of the equation at #10. NFL Comp. Jahri Evans
11. San Deigo Chargers – Dee Milliner*/CB/ Alabama:
Blazed his 40 at Indy then stumbled through his positional workout. Still, he's the top ranked CB, but I don't see a top ten guy in Milliner. But, who knows, Gilmore went there last year. Chargers have to look here with Jammer, Cason, UFAs. NFL Comp. Terrell Thomas
*previous Lane Johnson
12. Miami Dolphins – Bjoern Werner* /DE-OLB/ Florida State:
Hallo. Everything I've read suggests Werner is not as highly rated as everyone thinks. But at his size, he still explodes off the ball and shows the ability to stand up. If the Dolphins make good on landing a couple offensive side stars in FA, they'll look to add talent to the defensive side in the draft. NFL comp. Jason Babin
*previous Tyler Eifert
13. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Star Lotulelei /DT/ Utah:
Stock is in flux until his heart situation is cleared. Despite the redirection that it's dehydration/rapid weight loss, it doesn't look good. I've dropped him some but it's possible he's out all together. NFL comp. Haloti Ngata
*previous Dee Milliner
14. Carolina Panthers – Cordarrelle Patterson*/WR/Tennessee:
Incredible open field runner for a taller guy. Extremely raw but his upside is in the HOF area. NFL Comp. Josh Cribbs (with better lateral quickness & long speed.)
15. New Orleans Saints – Ezekiel Ansah /OLB-DE/ BYU:
Dominated the senior game after seemingly overthinking during the practices. His combine performance should highlight his monster upside and convince that he can be lined up almost anywhere. NFL Comp. Justin Tuck
*previous Bjoern Werner, Jarvis Jones
16. St. Louis Rams - Tavon Austin /WR-RB/ West Virginia:
Draft's most explosive prospect. With Amendola not likely to return, the Rams need to find Bradford a new go to guy. NFL comp. (taller) Darren Sproles
*previous Ezekiel Ansah
17. Pittsburgh Steelers - Keenan Allen* /WR/ California:
Allen’s worth a top ten pick imo. His stock might take a hit if he recovers slowly from his late season knee injury and Patterson/Austin blaze. NFL Comp. Javon Walker
18. Dallas Cowboys - Kenny Vaccaro /S/ Texas:
The tatted one is regarded by many as the top S in the draft. McShay recently gushed he's talented enough to play some CB. But he underwhelmed at the combine. NFL Comp. Michael Huff
*previous Damontre Moore, Jon Cooper
19. New York Giants – Barkevious Mingo*/OLB/ LSU:
I was set to give the Giants Olgetree here until his latest red flag. Mingo’s the freak athlete in need of a lot of polish. I think he could play Kiwanuka's position and they could give Kiwi more time at DE. Also figuring the Giants franchise Beatty. NFL comp. Mathias Kiwanuka
20. Chicago Bears – Tyler Eifert /TE/ Notre Dame:
"Eifert is underrated and I think his stock will soar as the draft gets closer-starting with the combine." -Check. Shined as expected but I've actually lowered him in this mock because of the positional needs of teams picking higher and the depth at TE in this draft. NFL Comp. Jason Witten
*previous Lane Johnson
21. Cincinnati Bengals - DaMontre Moore* /DE/ Texas A&M:
Similar to Werner, it seems his stock is not as high as expected. But incredibly productive in his first season playing with his hand down inside a tougher conference and still very young. NFL comp. Willie McGinest
*previous Kenny Vaccaro, Matt Elam
22. St. Louis Rams - Matt Elam*/S /Florida:
As little as he is, if he declares he could rise in this class. Pound for pound, one of the most physical defenders in the draft. NFL Comp. Dante Whitner
*previous Larry Warford
23.Minnesota Vikings - DeAndre Hopkins* /WR/ Clemson:
Hopkins is loved by some but I’m not quite as high on him but he’s got great ball skills, quickness and the mindset of a #1 WR. NFL comp. Nate Burleson
24 Indianapolis Colts - D.J. Fluker* /OT-OG/Alabama:
Good coaching and D.J.'s a pro bowler.
25. Minnesota Vikings (SEA) – Datone Jones /DE-DT/ UCLA:
Already had Jones as a 2nd rounder before Mobile where he crushed it. Any team, running a 34 or 43, in need of more pass rush should find it hard to pass him up. NFL Comp. Cameron Jordan
26. TRADE Buffalo Bills (GB) - E.J. Manuel /QB/ Florida State:
E.J.’s got great size, arm and running ability but doesn't utilize it all well. He’s passive and shrinks in the big moments. But with the success of recent running QBs, it’ll push up his stock. I think Marrone could target him to sit behind Fitz for a season and see if he can develop another Kaepernick. NFL Comp. Tarvares Jackson
*previous Matt Barkley
27. Houston Texans – Jesse Williams /NT/ Alabama:
Not yet getting enough recognition. Williams should become a beast of an interior lineman in the NFL-able to play in any scheme. NFL Comp. Antonio Garay
28. Denver Broncos - Larry Warford /OG/ Kentucky:
Looked like a first round guy in Mobile..on the field, not the weigh in. NFL Comp. Andre Smith
*previous Eddie Lacy
29. New England Patriots - Robert Woods* /WR/ USC:
Painfully clear watching the Patriots playoff loss that Welker is finished with this team and the WRs are lacking. Woods is now the forgotten guy with Lee breaking out. What I like most is his toughness. Concerns about his nagging foot injury could cause him to slip. NFL comp. Santonio Holmes
*previous Tavon Austin
30. Atlanta Falcons – Alex Okafor /DE/ Texas:
Okafor was the best Texas defender imo and was one of the best defensive players at Mobile. NFL Comp. Andre Carter
*previous Corey Lemonier
31. San Francisco 49ers – Jonathan Cyprien /S/ FIU:
A sleeper that really opened up eyes at Mobile. He looked like a CB in drills at 6'1 209. NFL Comp Morgan Burnett
*previous Eric Reid
32. Baltimore Ravens - Arthur Brown /LB/ Kansas St:
Checked back on ND games for Te'o after that horrid bowl game and compared him with Brown and Minter (vs Miami, Oregon, & A&M). Got to say now that Brown is possibly the best ILB prospect of the three. Undersized but doesn't play like it. He can thump inside while also looking great in space. He’s got it all but his size might be looked at as a liability. Sound familiar? NFL Comp. Jon Beason
1. Jacksonville Jaguars – Xavier Rhodes /CB-S/ Florida State:
Rhodes has the size and tackling ability to play safety if needed. NFL comp. Gary Baxter
*previous Kawaan Short
2. San Francisco 49ers (KC) – Terrance Williams /WR/ Baylor:
Wiiliams has size and speed but it's his quick feet that I think will make him a great pro. Sort of a sleeper that’s going to end up a steal. NFL comp. Torrey Smith
3. TRADE New York Jets (PHI) – Desmond Trufant /CB/Washington:
Revis is dealt to Philly for the Eagles 13' 2nd and a conditional 14' 2nd. Trufant came out of senior week being called a first round pick and followed it up with a solid combine. Brash man press corner that's a cheap but talented replacement for DR. NFL Comp. Courtland Finnegan
*previous Xavier Rhodes
4. Detroit Lions - Eric Reid* /S/LSU:
Reid’s stock is not up right now but with a good combine showing, he should start getting that buzz going again. NFL comp. William Moore
*previous Xavier Rhodes, Johnthan Banks
5. Cincinnati Bengals (OAK) – Jordan Poyer /CB/ Oregon State:
Poyer was one of the best CBs at senior week practices. NFL Comp. Cary Williams
6. Arizona Cardinals – Travis Frederick* /OC-OG/ Wisconsin:
Huge run blocker should upgrade the interior immediately.
7. Cleveland Browns (supp) - Josh Gordon /WR/ Baylor:
Supplemental pick Flash has been the Browns best WR this season. That's good and bad. NFL comp. Vincent Jackson
8. New York Jets - Ryan Nassib /QB/ Syracuse:
Nassib didn’t stand out at senior week practices but the word is teams are still high on him. The Jets need serious competition for Sanchez and Nassib has the skill set to take his job away in camp. NFL Comp. Andy Dalton
9. Tennessee Titans – Justin Hunter* /WR/Tennessee:
Possible deep & red zone threat if he comes back fully from his knee injury. NFL comp. Malcolm Floyd
*previous Brian Schwenke
10. TRADE Green Bay Packers (BUF)– Brian Schwenke /OC/ California:
Mayock gushed about him all senior week. NFL Comp. Ryan Kalil
*previous Dante Jones
11. Miami Dolphins – Jamar Taylor /CB/ Boise State:
Solid competitor showed much better then expected athletic ability at the combine. NFL Comp.
*previous Desmond Trufant
12. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Tank Carradine /DE/ Florida St:
Potential first rounder before late season ACL. Lions probably have to move back up to get him.
*previous Kawaan Short, David Amerson, Jon Cyprien
13. Carolina Panthers – Sylvester Williams /DT/ UNC:
Looks a little like Geno Atkins..every few snaps.
*previous Quinton Patton
14. New Orleans Saints – forfeited:
15. TRADE Detroit Lions (SD) – Giovanni Bernard* /RB/ North Carolina:
Not as fast as the big runs would indicate and has some durability concerns, but can make something out of nothing with impressive natural running skills. Top ranked back. NFL Comp. Ahmad Bradshaw
*previous Terrance Williams
16. St Louis Rams – Menelik Watson /OT/ Florida State:
Extremely raw but a tremendous talent for the position. With the coaching on the Rams he's a pro bowler eventually.
*previous Khaseem Greene
17. Dallas Cowboys - Kyle Long /OG/ Oregon:
Ultra athletic project with some off field issues but a solid lineage.
*previous Corey Lemonier
18. Pittsburgh Steelers – Kevin Minter* /LB/ LSU:
Not flashy but Minter looks like a very solid pro ILB. Instinctive and physical and strong enough to work in a 34.
*previous Manti Teo
19. New York Giants – Alec Ogletree* /LB/ Georgia:
I didn't really recognize how much of a freak athlete Ogletree was until I watched the all star skills contest and saw him demonstrate quicker feet then Robert Woods. Fills the stat sheet on a talented Georgia D but is still pretty raw and has character flags. Check that now-major red flags. NFL Comp. Boss Bailey
*previous Kevin Minter
20. Chicago Bears – Terron Armstead /OT/ Arkansas Pine-Bluff:
Held his own at post season all star practices at LT and OG, then blew up the combine.
21. Washington Redskins – David Amerson*/S/NC State:
First rounder as a junior and a late round guy as a senior. He’ll fair better as a safety.
*previous Eric Reid, Phillip Thomas
22. Minnesota Vikings – Quinton Patton /WR/ Louisiana Tech:
Not fast but great feet and stop and start ability with solid size and catches everything. NFL Comp. Donald Driver
*previous Sly Williams
23. Cincinnati Bengals – Khassem Greene /OLB/ Rutgers:
Former safety who's become a dominant defender and arguably the top OLB in the draft.
*previous Gerald Hodges
24. Miami Dolphins (IND) – Justin Pugh /OT/ Syracuse:
Knocked for his measurables at Mobile but looked like one of the best OTs there. NFL Comp. Eric Steinbach
*previous Kyle Long
25. Green Bay Packers – Eddie Lacy*/RB/ Alabama:
Superbly talented but also playing behind a phenomenal line. Still his feet, agility and speed at 220+ is special. And he comes with a ready made catch phrase. NFL Comp. Steven Jackson
*previous Gio Bernard
26. Seattle Seahawks - Zach Ertz* /TE/ Stanford:
Ertz doesn't look as good a prospect to me as Fleener, who went high 2nd last year but underperformed as a rookie. NFL Comp Coby Fleener
*previous Mene Watson
27. Houston Texans – Manti Te'o /LB/ Notre Dame:
Imo, it’s becoming clearer that Teo’s role in the most bizarre pre draft controversy ever was of a gullible nice guy, rather then an unstable certified weirdo. But I think he’ll drop none the less. NFL comp. Rey Mauluga
*previous Justin Hunter
28. Denver Broncos – Le'Veon Bell* /RB/ Michigan State:
Bell is possibly the most slept on prospect right now. Mired on a terrible college offense, he’ll end up a steal in the NFL. Eddie George
*previous Barrett Jones
29. New England Patriots – Kawaan Short /DT/ Purdue:
When his motors on, Short’s a top 20 guy. He could drop because of inconsistency but he'll probably generate buzz though senior week and the combine. NFL Comp. Shaun Rogers
*previous Brandon Williams, Johnthan Hankins
30. Atlanta Falcons – Gavin Escobar* /TE/ San Diego St
Big athletic TE who blocks and moves extremely well for his size. NFL Comp. Dennis Pitta
31. San Francisco 49ers – Markus Wheaton /WR/ Arizona State:
Wiry strong and lightening quick, Wheaton will outperform his draft position. NFL Comp. Mike Wallace
32. Baltimore Ravens – Corey Lemonier* /DE-OLB/ Auburn:
Lemonier has been one of the most consistent rushers in the country for awhile, and only fell off the second half of his senior season. NFL Comp. Shawn Merriman
1. Kansas City Chiefs – Matt Barkley /QB/ USC:
Ought to go higher but his skill set is not the trend. It's always possible he kills at his pro day but the delaying is looking very suspicious. NFL comp. Chad Pennington
*previous Johnthan Banks, Logan Ryan
2. Jacksonville Jaguars – Matt Scott /QB/ Aizona:
He's rising and the Jags could target him after hiring his college position coach.
*previous Matt Barkley, Brian Winters
3. Detroit Lions – Jonathan Franklin /RB/ UCLA:
Franklin looked great senior week but will always be undersized.
4. Oakland Raiders – Brandon Williams /DT/ Missouri Southern State:
After his performance senior week, he's rising. NFL Comp. Phil Taylor
*previous John Hankins
5. Philadelphia Eagles – John Jenkins /DT/ Georgia:
Bust potential for sure but you can't coach up size + motor. Jenkins gets blown off the ball too often for a guy of his size but massive DTs who can move and hustle are rare commodities-I guess. NFL comp. Shaun Smith
6. Cleveland Browns - Duke Williams /S/ Nevada:
Browns have a great big hole at FS. Williams actually reminds me a little of Brian Dawkins.
7. Arizona Cardinals – Christian Michael /RB/ Texas A&M:
Eye pooping testing but major character issues.
*previous Leveon Bell
8. Tennessee Titans – Cornelius Washington /DE/ Georgia:
Forgettable college production but really impressing in pre draft evals.
*previous David Quessenberry
9. TRADE Green Bay Packers (BUF) – Jordan Mills /OT/ Louisiana Tech:
Mills was a late add senior week played very well by all accounts.
10. New York Jets - Jamie Collins /OLB-DE/ Southern Miss:
Raw all around but has impressive athleticism and can get into the backfield.
*previous David Bass
11. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Logan Ryan* /CB/ Rutgers:
Under the radar guy having a strong season on a great defense. Size, ball skills-needs to show well in the post season to rise. NFL Comp. Leon Hall
*previous Markus Wheaton
12. San Francisco 49ers (CAR) – Margus Hunt /DE/ SMU:
Still will shine at the combine but looked like an enormous project at senior week practices.
*previous J.J. Wilcox, Dion Sims
13. New Orleans Saints – Mike Glennon /QB/ NC State:
Chase Daniel is a FA and might want to compete for a start somewhere else. Brees is now paid and gets the most out of his talent but at 34, a solid back up is a must. I was initially impressed how Glennon had come along this past season...then I took a look at him vs Virginia and it all fell apart-ditto his bowl game. Might pick up big numbers in the right offense but will probably never shake the tendency to make unforced mistakes. Buyer beware. Most damning thing being talked about him is that he might not be a leader. NFL Comp. Derek Anderson
14. San Diego Chargers – David Quessenberry /OG-OT/ San Jose State:
One of the best lineman at Mobile. Helped himself as much as anyone senior week. Great quickness and agility into the second level and nasty attitude but needs to get stronger.
*previous Terron Armstead
15. Miami Dolphins – Vance McDonald /TE/ Rice:
Impressed everyone in Mobile with his size and athleticism but is still a big project.
*previous Marquis Goodwin
16. St. Louis Rams – Chris Harper /WR/ Kansas State:
Bigger WR that showed impressive speed and above average route running senior week. NFL Comp. Chris Chambers
*previous Jordan Mills
17. Pittsburgh Steelers – Johnthan Banks /CB/ Mississippi St:
Stock now depends on how well he looks in Indianapolis. NFL Comp. Shawntae Spencer
*previous Robert Alford
18. Dallas Cowboys – Barrett Jones /OC-OG/ Alabama:
Instantly upgrades the interior. NFL Comp. Max Unger
*previous Tyler Bray
19. New York Giants – Brennan Williams /OT/UNC:
Coming back from injury, if everything works out, could wind up a steal.
*previous Leon McFadden
20. Miami Dolphins (CHI) – Brian Winters /OG/ Kent State:
Rough around the edges but a monster run blocker with the athletic ability to also become a sound pass blocker.
*previous Justin Pugh
21. Minnesota Vikings – Sio Moore /LB/ UConn:
A guy I’ve liked all season deservedly starting to generate buzz after a good showing at both the shrine and Mobile.
*previous Kiko Alonso, Chris Harper
22. Cincinnati Bengals - Tyler Bray* /QB/ Tennessee:
Gradkowski?... No. Bray’s got a Cutler/Stafford caliber arm but seemingly the intangibles of Matt Leinart. NFL Comp. Ryan Mallett
*previous Joseph Randle
23. Washington Redskins – Blidi Wreh-Wilson /CB/ UConn:
Mixed views on Blidi but with his size/speed he could see the 3rd round.
NFL Comp Corey Webster
*previous Nickell Roby
24. Indianapolis Colts - Jonathan Hankins* /DE/ Ohio State:
First round talent but questionable motor and poor game tape plus the quality defensive line depth in this draft should have his stock dropping. NFL Comp. Shaun Rogers
25. Seattle Seahawks – Xavier Gooden /LB/ Missouri:
Undersized blazer creating some buzz but I seem to remember him losing it a couple seasons back and throwing a punch at a guy he couldn’t get to the ground that he was trying to tackle?
*previous Margus Hunt
26. TRADE Cleveland Browns (GB) - Tyler Wilson /QB/ Arkansas:
Wilson’s small hands and the beating he took as a senior are looking like deal breakers for his stock. The team that eventually drafts him is going to get a big steal. NFL comp. Matt Hasselbeck
*previous Jordan Reed
27. Houston Texans – Stedman Bailey*/WR/ West Virginia:
High on Bailey since last year when I thought he physically abused Mo Claiborne at the los and out quicked him in the open field. He's underrated due to his big play teammate and should go higher. NFL Comp. Doug Baldwin
*previous David Amerson
28. Denver Broncos - Dwayne Gratz /CB/ UConn:
Opened eyes with his testing at the combine following a solid showing at senior week practices where he really looked better then Wreh-Wilson.
*previous B.W. Webb
29. New England Patriots – Tyrann Mathieu* /CB/ LSU:
Someone’s going to take the chance in the mid rounds. All he has to do in NE is his do his job;
30. Atlanta Falcons – Kevin Reddick /ILB/ North Carolina:
Solid but unspectacular inside LB does a little bit of everything.
*previous Sio Moore, Tank Carradine
31. San Francisco 49ers - Robert Alford /CB/ Southeast Louisiana:
Alford lived up to the buzz senior week. NFL Comp.
32. Baltimore Ravens - Marquis Goodwin /WR/ Texas:
Track guy showed well and looked like the top deep threat in Mobile.
*previous J.J. Wilcox
1. Jacksonville Jaguars – Marc Anthony /CB/California:
Big corner who’s been defending solid talents Marvin Jones and Keenan Allen the past 2 yrs at practice. Quicker then fast type with the length and physicality to be a great press corner.
2. Kansas City Chiefs – Da'Rick Rogers* /WR/ Tenn. Tech:
Should probably stay another year but circumstances might have him declaring. NFL Comp. Kenny Britt
*previous Cobi Hamilton
3. Oakland Raiders – Leon McFadden /CB/ San Diego State:
Impressed senior week but must run well to maintain a lofty draft stock. NFL Comp. Leonard Johnson
*previous Alvin Bailey
4. Philadelphia Eagles – Shamarko Thomas /S/ Syracuse:
Created a lot of buzz in Indy even with a faceplant..
*previous Jamie Collins, Jamar Taylor
5. Minnesota Vikings (DET)– Akeem Spence* /DT/ Illinois:
Built like a fire hydrant and could learn to be effective 43 nose.
*previous Xavier Gooden
6. Arizona Cardinals – Sam Montgomery* /DE-OLB/ LSU:
So much for telling the truth in interviews. LSU coaches criticism adds to concerns over character along with average junior season. NFL comp. (taller) Brandon Graham
*previous John Simon
7. TRADE Green Bay Packers (CLE) – J.J. Wilcox /S/ Georgia Southern:
Showed size/speed and skills to mold senior week gaining the praise of analysts. Also a good KR.
*previous Margus Hunt, Jordan Reed
8. Buffalo Bills – Ace Sanders*/WR/South Carolina:
Lightening quick jump-starter for any offense and sts. A Lance Moore type for the wide open offense Marrone is looking to install. NFL Comp. Devin Hester
9. New York Jets – DJ Swearinger /S/ South Carolina:
Regarded as a high round pick in some places. NFL Comp. Glover Quinn
*previous Baccari Rambo
10. Tennessee Titans – Stephan Taylor /RB/ Stanford:
Solid all-around RB didn’t disappoint senior week.
*previous Monte Ball
11. Carolina Panthers – Dallas Thomas /OG-OT/ Tennessee:
Versatile and athletic helps out inside and outside.
12. New Orleans Saints – Oday Aboushi /OT/ Virginia:
I'm hearing the Saints will let Bushrod walk. Aboushi had a rough senior week but played well for Virginia this past season.
13. San Diego Chargers – Darius Slay /CB/ Mississippi St.:
Stock is rising but i'm not all in yet. NFL Comp. Derek Cox
*previous Kevin Reddick
14. Miami Dolphins – Gerald Hodges /OLB/ Penn State:
A guy really flying under the radar that is extremely athletic and showed some ability at the Shrine to play inside or outside.
*previous Stephan Taylor
15. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Nickel Roby* /CB/ USC:
Small man to man tough guy. NFL Comp. Brent Grimes
*previous Travis Kelce
16. St. Louis Rams – Alvin Bailey* /OG/ Arkansas :
Athletic big man didn't get a chance to show anything at the combine.
*previous Shawn Williams
17. Dallas Cowboys – Montee Ball /RB/ Wisconsin:
Ball's had some off field issues that look to be dropping his stock. Counting on Murray to make it through 16 game is just wishful thinking.
*previous John Franklin
18. Pittsburgh Steelers – Denard Robinson /RB/ Michigan:
Didn't excite at senior week practices but showed more toughness arriving with an injury. I think his best position will be RB. He's what the Steelers hoped they were getting with Chris Rainey. NFL Comp Percy Harvin
19. New York Giants – B.W. Webb /CB/ William & Mary:
Small school guy singled out by many for his impressive play at senior week practices.
*previous Brennen Williams
20. Chicago Bears – Earl Watford /OG/ James Madison:
I thought he had a very good positional workout at Indy.
*previous David Bahktari
21. Cincinnati Bengals - Andre Ellington /RB/ Clemson:
Homerun hitting complement. NFL Comp.
*previous Tyler Bray
22. Washington Redskins - Xavier Nixon /OT/ Florida:
Mostly held his own at senior week practices. Helps on the right side.
*previous Andre Ellington
23. Minnesota Vikings – Hugh Thornton /OG-OT/ Illinois:
Hulking OG that could develop into a solid starter.
*previous Tyrann Mathieu
24. Indianapolis Colts - John Simon /OLB-DE/ Ohio State:
He'll drop because he's an inbetweener but he's one of those potential mid round steals.
*previous Stansly Maponga
25. Green Bay Packers – Kiko Alonso /LB/ Oregon :
If he can convince teams his off field antics are entirely behind him, he could go here or higher with his talent.
*previous Shamarko Thomas, Cooper Taylor
26. Seattle Seahawks – Montori Hughes /DT/ Tenn-Martin:
Talented enough to go higher but has some character issues.
*previous DaRick Rogers
27. Houston Texans – Jordan Reed* /TE/ Florida:
Might start creating buzz after the combine. An underrated guy that would be a steal in the 4th. NFL Comp. Aaron Hernandez
*previous Travis Kelce
28. Denver Broncos – Baccari Rambo /S/ Georgia:
Has all the athletic ability but needs good coaching to be a quality starter.
*previous Melvin White
29. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (NE) – Dion Sims* /TE/ Michigan St:
A bear of a blocker but with great hands and potential in the passing game. NFL Comp. Marcedes Lewis
*previous Will Campbell
30. Atlanta Falcons – Brandon Jenkins* /DE/ FSU:
Highly rated pre injury and could be a steal for whoever takes a chance.
*previous Keith Pough
31. San Francisco 49ers – Dustin Hopkins /K/ FSU:
Big enough need to go here early.
*previous Brandon Jenkins
32. Baltimore Ravens - Phillip Thomas /S/ Fresno St:
Created a lot of buzz early but I don't think he goes as high as expected.
*previous Tavares King
1. Kansas City Chiefs – Garrett Gilkey /OG-OT/ Chaldron St:
Showed pretty well at senior week practices.
2. Jacksonville Jaguars – Tavarres King /WR/ Georgia:
Playmaker with a knack for route running showed very well at senior week practices. NFL Comp. Chad Johnson
3. Philadelphia Eagles – David Bass /OLB/ Missouri Western State:
The defensive star of the Shrine week practices might have a big combine.
*previous Earl Wolff
4. Detroit Lions – DeVonte Holloman /LB/ South Carolina:
Showed well at shrine practices.
5. Seattle Seahawks (OAK)– Onterio McCalebb /KR-RB/ Auburn:
Blazer that can be an upgrade in the return game.
6. TRADE Green Bay Packers (CLE) - Trevardo Williams /OLB/ UConn:
Gets hung up on blockers too much but has a top notch burst and speed around the corner.
7. Arizona Cardinals – Reid Fragel /OT/ Ohio State:
Backs up Massie.
8. New York Jets - Zeke Motta /S/ Notre Dame:
Mid round type that ends up contributing more then expected.
9. Tennessee Titans – Omoregie Uzzi /OG/ Georgia Tech:
Athletic run blocker that needs development as a pass protector.
10. Buffalo Bills - Jon Bostic /ILB/ Florida:
Inside thumper ran faster then he looks on tape. Great value in the 5th.
*previous Mike Mauti
11. New Orleans Saints – Will Davis /CB/ Utah St:
Followed up a rough senior week with a solid combine.
12. San Diego Chargers – Cobi Hamilton /WR/ Arkansas:
Huge fan of Hamilton. He's been unstoppable for the Razorbacks this season and has no weaknesses to his game-except all those he showed senior week;/ NFL Comp. Denarius Moore
13. Miami Dolphins – Shawn Williams /S/ Georgia:
Testing well will really help his status and solidify him as a mid round guy. Mixed reviews senior week but held his own.
14. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Ryan Swope /WR/ Texas A&M:
Slot WR from day 1. Should go higher but he's got a concussion history.
15. Carolina Panthers – Bennie Logan* /DT/ LSU:
LSU underclassman sale.
*previous Micah Hyde
16. St. Louis Rams – Travis Kelce /TE/ Cincinnati:
A possible 2nd round pick if not for the nagging injuries and character concerns.
17. Pittsburgh Steelers – Stansly Maponga /DE-OLB/ TCU:
Slept on tweener is a good bet to out perform his draft position.
18. Dallas Cowboys – Jordan Hill /DT/ Penn State:
Kiffen could use a pure 3 tech DT.
19. New York Giants – Joseph Randle* /RB/ Oklahoma St.:
Quietly stepped up his game in the absence of Weeden and Blackmon. A complete back who should go higher then this. If he continues to get stronger as a pro, he'll be a pro bowl back. NFL comp. DaMarco Murray
20. Chicago Bears – Josh Boyce /WR/ TCU:
I guy I've been liking all season but thought his speed would make him a late round pick. After blazing at Indy his stock is def up. Poor man's Anquan Boldin
21. Washington Redskins – Steve Williams /CB/ California:
Blazing run at Indianapolis has put him on the map.
22. Minnesota Vikings - Landry Jones /QB/ Oklahoma:
Up and down college career but has enough natural throwing talent to push Ponder.
*previous Jon Bostic
J23. Cincinnati Bengals - Quinn Sharp /K/ FSU:
Solid kicker and punter.
24. San Francisco 49ers - Michael Williams /TE/ Alabama:
He's like an extra OT with soft hands.
25. Seattle Seahawks – Nick Becton /OT/ Virginia Tech:
Insurance for the right side.
26. Green Bay Packers – William Ghoulston /DE/ Michigan State:
Prototypical looking 34 DE but just doesn't do enough.
27. Houston Texans – Tanner Hawkinson /OT/ Kansas:
Competition for the right side.
28. Denver Broncos - Aaron Dobson /WR/ Marshall:
Size/speed project in the mold of the Broncos' Thomas and Decker.
29. Washington Redskins – Levine Toilolo* /TE/ Stanford:
Fred Davis is probably headed elsewhere.
30. Atlanta Falcons – Mike Gillislee /RB/ Florida:
Does everything well and has looked good in post season evals but is still under the radar.
31. San Francisco 49ers - Earl Wolff /S/ NC State:
Unheralded SS that showed off at the combine.
*previous William Campbell
32. Baltimore Ravens - Mario Benavides /OC/ Louisville:
Depth and insurance at OC.
..yes, this sig is a little embarrassing right now
Originally Posted by borg9
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Originally Posted by DBess
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Last edited by Brown Leader : 03-12-2013 at 12:37 AM.