Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 02-15-2013, 04:02 PM    (permalink
weasel
Rookie

weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default The honey badger is under-sized and Gunther wants big corners.

I think he would be a big pick-up but I think they may start to draft for their system with the new guy Xanders in the fold.
I think they go with Uber sized maulers on the OL and bigger corners. To kick that off maybe they sign a guy like Greg Toler who is 6' and 190" at CB and a guy like Rhinehart G Buffalo who is 6'5" 321.
Then, maybe draft
Eric Fischer 6'7" 312 lbs. LT currently 6th
Tank Carradine 6'5" 265 lbs. DE currently ranked 96th probably due to injury
Phillip Thomas 6' 215 lbs. S currently 66th
Da'Rick Rogers 6'2" 206 lbs. WR currently 77th
That my friends would be Toler and Thomas who are both 6'0 and close to 215 lbs for more size in the secondary. That would be an impact DE when he recovers from his injury but a reasonable investment. And two mega-sized behemoths for the OL.

Last edited by weasel : 02-16-2013 at 06:44 PM. Reason: updated weight for Thomas
weasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 11:59 AM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think you can rule Rogers out for us. He may not be that bad, he may have matured or whatever else, but after Titus, I don't think we take another troubled WR so quickly. I'd gamble on him in most cases, but I think its a poor fit here.

I love the idea of Toler, good call. He's not anything special, but he'd be a good fit for what we need. For the reasons you say, I think we grab Millner in the first unless we truly rank a DE as a top 5 prospect. I"m not sure we do as of right now. Werner needs to blow up the combine.
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 06:39 PM    (permalink
weasel
Rookie

weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default On Milliner

I really like Milliner and he fits our scheme. My problem with Milliner isn't really a problem with him, it's that I really want to build the OL and Fischer and Rieff as bookends with Sims and a guy like Rinehart as explained. Dom gives us one more year to develop or draft a center. OL done. And if we don't get Fischer, I think they go DE. That's just me.
Old 02-16-2013, 07:21 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Our lives would be easier if we knew Delmas or George Wilson were going to sign with us and whether or not Houston would be back. I'd rather have Houston than Milliner and drafting Fisher now means we aren't having to reach for olinemen next year.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 08:29 PM    (permalink
weasel
Rookie

I'm feeling you there. I like Fischer. If we sign one guard and I am not looking for a headliner, I'm thinking Rinehart who is 6'5" 331 lbs, next year we replace Dom. Young line completely rebuilt.

Last edited by weasel : 02-16-2013 at 08:31 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 02-17-2013, 12:26 AM    (permalink
Triumphdog
Rookie

Triumphdog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Triumphdog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Triumphdog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Triumphdog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Triumphdog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Triumphdog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Triumphdog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Triumphdog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Triumphdog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Triumphdog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Triumphdog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I suppose the combine will tell us alot we need to know...

Last edited by Triumphdog : 02-17-2013 at 12:37 AM.
Triumphdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 08:55 AM    (permalink
weasel
Rookie

Well, the free agent period starting Mar. 12 will tell us a lot more...
Old 02-19-2013, 01:22 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1st - Eric Fisher, OT - CMU or Chance Warmack, OG - Bama
2nd - Matt Elam, S - Florida
3rd - William Gholston, DE - MSU
Old 02-19-2013, 07:10 PM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

WOuldn't be horrible, though Gholston isn't a great scheme fit probably.
Old 02-19-2013, 10:11 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
1st - Eric Fisher, OT - CMU or Chance Warmack, OG - Bama
2nd - Matt Elam, S - Florida
3rd - William Gholston, DE - MSU
I really like it Scotty but I suspect Gholston will blow them away at the Combine and likely go round 2.
Old 02-20-2013, 01:00 PM    (permalink
Maybe This Year Mayhew
Veteran

Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by weasel View Post
Well, the free agent period starting Mar. 12 will tell us a lot more...
Agreed way easier to predict the draft after free agency. But last year Reiff dropping and Broyles was pretty surprising.

I'm hoping for Houston, Delmas, Durant, Jackson and Sammie Lee Hill back. Avril, CW, Levy, Gosder walks. The first 3 are the most important back. If they missed on the first 3 they need an adequate equal replacement for any of them.

I also hope they can get a cheaper speed guy like Devery Henderson.
Maybe This Year Mayhew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:25 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So...pre-combine...what are we looking for?

1. Dee Milliner's 40 time and 20 shuttle. (4.5 and sub 4.1 would look nice)
2. Bjeorn's Ht, Wt, etc (6'4" 255lbs+ and fluid 3 cone, 28 bench, 10' broad)
3. Eric Fisher's athleticism compared to Joeckel and his bench around 30.
4. Damontre Moore's 250lbs weight, 20 shuttle, 35+ vert, 30 bench, fluid in cone drill.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 02-21-2013, 09:43 AM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dee Milliner has a torn labrum. He is still doing everything at the combine except the benchpress.

I don't see this hurting his stock since doctors say he will be fine after surgery. Do you guys see this making him slip at all?
Old 02-21-2013, 09:55 AM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

Nah I doubt he slips. He has to run well though.

I'm very curious about Bjoern's all around numbers, especially short area quickness stuff. I'd like to see Mingo run a great 40 at 245-250 and I'm very curious what Vaccaro and Rhodes run.
Old 02-21-2013, 10:26 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

I think he should be alright. He's too close to being Morris Claiborne and not enough Patrick Peterson of a prospect to really deserve top 5 talk. (I know, Claiborne went at #6) His value is around 8-14 with picks before 10 being a reach. His bigger problem is that Xavier Rhodes and Trufant are better values at later picks.

As for the combine, he has to show some kind of elite attribute. Explosiveness by doing some 42 inch vertical leap or fluid hips in 3 cone and elite change of direction time in 20 shuttle. Its not that teams are looking for reasons not to draft him, we just need to have an excuse to take him. Right now, I'd rather have Houston, Grimes, or even Old Man Trufant and develop our own youngsters.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 02-21-2013, 12:35 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maybe This Year Mayhew View Post
Agreed way easier to predict the draft after free agency. But last year Reiff dropping and Broyles was pretty surprising.

I'm hoping for Houston, Delmas, Durant, Jackson and Sammie Lee Hill back. Avril, CW, Levy, Gosder walks. The first 3 are the most important back. If they missed on the first 3 they need an adequate equal replacement for any of them.

I also hope they can get a cheaper speed guy like Devery Henderson.
I could be dead wrong but I doubt they let that many walk. Signing other team's FA's is far more expensive than resigning your own especially when they are coming off a bad season. I think Detroit will make every attempt to sign as many of their FA's as possible, otherwise the roster will end up even poorer in quality.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:46 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we see Delmas go due to his knee. which puts safety a high priority in round 2.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 09:39 AM    (permalink
weasel
Rookie

Default Delmas and the safety position

It becomes an exercise in futility until we know what the Lions do in FA. Signing Wilson and Delmas might be the plan making safety less of a priority in the draft, however, if we go safety I would like to get Phillip Thomas who has the ball hawking skills we need. He's a playmaker with the only hole in his game being staying a little high when he makes open field tackles. If we can coach him up he could become the Troy Polamalu of this class.
Old 02-22-2013, 10:35 AM    (permalink
Maybe This Year Mayhew
Veteran

Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
I could be dead wrong but I doubt they let that many walk. Signing other team's FA's is far more expensive than resigning your own especially when they are coming off a bad season. I think Detroit will make every attempt to sign as many of their FA's as possible, otherwise the roster will end up even poorer in quality.
Mayhew said he wanted 9 guys back. He met with Staffords agent for a new deal and meeting with Avril today
Old 02-22-2013, 11:57 AM    (permalink
weasel
Rookie

Default Wilson's off the table. He just signed with the Titans

I think that says we will re-sign Delmas.
Old 02-22-2013, 01:07 PM    (permalink
Maybe This Year Mayhew
Veteran

Saw a report today doctors are still looking at Delmas knees. He better come cheap with those knee problems. And Calvin had 3 broken fingers wrapped but no big deal
Old 02-22-2013, 01:54 PM    (permalink
weasel
Rookie

Have to think they would give Goldson some money to play for us. Fits the mold, he's a leader and he's a safety we need to play the deep secondary with some thump. He's healthier than Delmas.
Old 02-22-2013, 03:51 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Burleson resigned

Prowler's Newb Guide

Last edited by Prowler : 02-22-2013 at 04:13 PM.
Old 02-22-2013, 03:56 PM    (permalink
Maybe This Year Mayhew
Veteran

Burleson and Raiola took pay cuts. KVB and Peterman gone. Stafford extension coming. We are going to have some room. Heck cut Robiskie, Tyrell Johnson and Mike Thomas for 2.9 million in room too.
Old 02-22-2013, 04:51 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

So far...Eric Fisher matches Joeckel with 27 bench reps. Chance didn't participate. Schwenke had 31. Travis Frederick with a headscratching 21, and Jonathan Cooper with 35. Nothing on Barrett Jones yet.

Also, lol @ Khaled Holmes with 13 reps. No wonder Star destroyed him in prime time. Tough not to label him as weak. How do you not visit the gym and work on that in the offseason? It was his biggest weakness and criticism.

Prowler's Newb Guide

Last edited by Prowler : 02-22-2013 at 04:55 PM.