Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 02-20-2013, 06:23 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Pre Combine Top 32

1. Sheldon Richardson, DT Missouri
2. Chance Warmack, OG Alabama
3. Luke Joeckel, OT Texas A&M
4. Star Lotulelei, DT Utah
5. Eric Fisher, OT Central Michigan
6. Jonathan Cooper, OG UNC
7. Bjoern Werner, DE FSU
8. Dion Jordan, LB Oregon
9. Dee Milliner, CB Alabama
10. Barkevious Mingo, DE LSU
11. Cordarrelle Patterson, WR Tennessee
12. Lane Johnson, OT Oklahoma
13. Sharrif Floyd, DT Florida
14. Ezekiel Ansah, DE BYU
15. Kenny Vaccaro, S Texas
16. Keenan Allen, WR Cal
17. DeAndre Hopkins, WR Clemson
18. Geno Smith, QB WVU
19. Kevin Minter, LB LSU
20. Damontre Moore, DE Texas A&M
21. Manti Te'o, LB Notre Dame
22. Tavon Austin, WR WVU
23. Tank Carradine, DE FSU
24. DJ Fluker, OT Alabama
25. Larry Warford, OG Kentucky
26. Jonathan Cyprien, S FIU
27. Eddie Lacy, RB Alabama
28. Johnthan Banks, CB Mississippi State
29. Desmond Trufant, CB Washington
30. Datone Jones, DE UCLA
31. Jarvis Jones, LB Georgia
32. Robert Woods, WR USC

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Last edited by AntoinCD : 02-20-2013 at 10:53 AM.
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:06 AM    (permalink
AcheTen (Thumper)
Veteran

AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper)

Why is Jarvis Jones so low?
AcheTen (Thumper) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:29 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I posted my Top 32 about a week ago, and we share some similarities. I'm high on Patterson, Mingo or Carradine like you are, but I like the inclusions of Minter, Cyprien and Lacy.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:21 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
Why is Jarvis Jones so low?
I've been on the Jarvis Jones is overrated bandwagon for quite a while. Sure he has very good production but a lot of his sacks have come against guys who will counsellors and car sales men in the next few years, not NFL offensive linemen.

I don't think he is a very fluid athlete and he doesn't possess many pass rush moves. He can win off the snap but if he gets blocked he stays blocked. He does make plays in pursuit but a lot of that is him being caught out of position. All this added in with his injury concerns and I just don't see this top, can't miss prospect that others do

Old 02-20-2013, 09:26 AM    (permalink
bitonti
DraftBathroom.com
Veteran

bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
I've been on the Jarvis Jones is overrated bandwagon for quite a while. Sure he has very good production but a lot of his sacks have come against guys who will counsellors and car sales men in the next few years, not NFL offensive linemen.
just looking at the 2nd half of the season, Jones had 3 sacks against Florida (Xavier Nixon), and 2 sacks against Alabama (Fluker and Kouandjo, both possible 1st rd players). that's premium opposition.

Also 2 sacks against Auburn (Greg Robinson, rs fr who was ranked in top 100 prospects in the nation as a prep) and 2 sacks against Nebraska (Jer. Sirles, moving from RT to LT). less premium but Nebraska and Auburn always put OL in the league.

If we want to discount this player for medical reasons, that's understandable. But his production has been top notch. If he stays another year that's another 8-10 sacks and puts him at 34-36 career... which is about 3rd or 4th all time.

Why Me? The Bob Lamonta Story

bitonti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:31 AM    (permalink
AcheTen (Thumper)
Veteran

AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper)

Quote:
But that's the case with everyone who puts up sack numbers in college.

The fact that most of DeMarcus Ware's 27.5 college sacks at Troy University came against OTs that never went on to sniff an NFL field in their lives didn't invalidate Ware's production. Of course, Ware was an athletic marvel at the combine, and the combination of good college production and elite athleticism made him a slam-dunk first round pass rusher prospect.

As long as Jarvis Jones puts up respectable combine numbers (good 40, good short shuttle, 35"+ vertical), I don't see why he can't be int he same class of prospect as DeMarcus Ware and Von Miller based on the combination of production and athleticism.

Of course, if he bombs the Combine, then you'll have to call into question his production, but he could still be a quality NFL player, because you don't put up 28 sacks and 45.5 TFL in your college career by being a stiff.

Quote:
I don't think he is a very fluid athlete and he doesn't possess many pass rush moves. He can win off the snap but if he gets blocked he stays blocked. He does make plays in pursuit but a lot of that is him being caught out of position. All this added in with his injury concerns and I just don't see this top, can't miss prospect that others do
The medical stuff is definitely a concern. But again, regarding the pass rush moves: you don't put up production like that (28 sacks, 45.5 TFL) without having something exceptional.
AcheTen (Thumper) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:54 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

I don't dislike Jones and think he can become a very good player (health permitting). I just don't see him as a Von Miller-esque prospect that a lot of people do.

I think he will struggle to be a full time pass rusher at the next level. He could turn into a very good blitzer ala Adalius Thomas, but I don't see a consistent pass rusher who needs to be accounted for pre snap every snap.

If he goes to a 34 where the defensive coordinator varies who rushes then he can have some success, but if he's asked to be Demarcus Ware then he will not live up o expectations IMO, and if he's asked to be a LB like Von Miller then his weaknesses will be exploited

Old 02-20-2013, 10:03 AM    (permalink
Big Bird
Rookie

Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
1. Sheldon Richardson, DT Missouri
2. Chance Warmack, OT Alabama
3. Luke Joeckel, OT Texas A&M
4. Star Lotulelei, DT Utah
5. Eric Fisher, OT Central Michigan
I think I love you...
Big Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:53 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
I think I love you...
Ha, you just made me realise I had a typo and had Warmack down as an OT

Old 02-20-2013, 11:43 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What do you dislike about Damontre Moore's game? 20th seems low but I don't necessarily disagree. I am really starting to like Carradine as a prospect so I agree with you ranking him so high.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:22 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
What do you dislike about Damontre Moore's game? 20th seems low but I don't necessarily disagree. I am really starting to like Carradine as a prospect so I agree with you ranking him so high.
The thing I see about Moore is he is good in a lot of facets of the game but I don't see a game changer in any one area. He could be a really good complimentary rusher who gets 7-9 sacks a year and occassionally double digits but I just don't see a premier pass rusher.

I absolutely love Tank. If he had stayed healthy he may have been my number 1 DE

Old 02-20-2013, 01:49 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

IMO, you will realize your error and at some point have Rhodes over Banks/Trufant in the near future.

Also..as mentioned above, Jarvis Jones at #31 is just blasphemy.

Otherwise, nice rankings.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."

Last edited by BallerT1215 : 02-27-2013 at 01:32 PM.
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:56 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hankins needs to be on your list somewhere.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:02 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
IMO, you will realize your error and at some point have Rhodes over Banks/Trufant in the near future.

Also..as mentioned above, Jarvis Jones at #31 is just blasphemy.

Otherwise, nice rankings.
I really like Rhodes but I question his ability to turn and run with quicker WRs. How he runs this week could go a long way to helping or hurting his stock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
Hankins needs to play with some more intensity and then we'll talk

Old 02-20-2013, 02:21 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
In most drafts you have a top 15 or so that are fairly unanimous then about 30 guys who could go anywhere after that. I would think Hankins is in that group. I wouldn't be too upset to see him in Seattle.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 03:42 PM    (permalink
Big Bird
Rookie

Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ha, you just made me realise I had a typo and had Warmack down as an OT
I figured it was just a typo, so I didn't say anything.

I really didn't mind your 6th and 7th ranked players either. I like the majority of it as well, but you nailed the top 5 for me.
Big Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 03:47 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I approve of the Tank Carradine love going on in this thread and echo the sentiments that if he'd stayed healthy, he'd probably be the undisputed #1 DE in this class.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 05:01 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I really like Rhodes but I question his ability to turn and run with quicker WRs. How he runs this week could go a long way to helping or hurting his stock.

Hankins needs to play with some more intensity and then we'll talk
Your sample size is how many games? This sounds like parrotting.
Old 02-21-2013, 06:26 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

Quote:
Your sample size is how many games? This sounds like parrotting.
I really don't get this, I don't have a guy in the top 32 and it's like I'm saying he sucks. I like Rhodes. He is big and physical and when he gets his hands on you it's over, but he has a weakness in his game. DeAndre Hopkins beat him a few times and he got beat deep against Miami. I seen Rhodes get beaten inside and run away from against USF but the ball wasn't thrown that way, it doesn't mean he wasn't beaten.

Rankings are a projection. It's not like FSU's schedule was chock full of NFL caliber WRs. If Rhodes is put on an island with a guy like Desean Jackson or has to cover shiftier guys or anyone who goes in motion to get away from the jam then he may struggle.

Old 02-21-2013, 07:21 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I really don't get this, I don't have a guy in the top 32 and it's like I'm saying he sucks. I like Rhodes. He is big and physical and when he gets his hands on you it's over, but he has a weakness in his game. DeAndre Hopkins beat him a few times and he got beat deep against Miami. I seen Rhodes get beaten inside and run away from against USF but the ball wasn't thrown that way, it doesn't mean he wasn't beaten.

Rankings are a projection. It's not like FSU's schedule was chock full of NFL caliber WRs. If Rhodes is put on an island with a guy like Desean Jackson or has to cover shiftier guys or anyone who goes in motion to get away from the jam then he may struggle.
Your rankings are fine. I was talking about Jonathan Hankins the DT from OSU.
I don't really care if he's on your list, but the effort side of things is not where he's lacking. I think this exchange demonstrated just how limited message board conversations can be :)
Old 02-21-2013, 08:31 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

Quote:
Your rankings are fine. I was talking about Jonathan Hankins the DT from OSU.
I don't really care if he's on your list, but the effort side of things is not where he's lacking. I think this exchange demonstrated just how limited message board conversations can be :)
My apologies whatever way I read that I thought you were talking about Rhodes. Hankins is a bit of an enigma to me. He is a massive guy who has really good feet and can move, however he doesn't jolt offensive linemen with his hands. I don't question his work ethic I question his fire and nastiness on the field. I also think the depth of the defensive tackle class will hurt some of these guys on the fringes

Old 02-21-2013, 09:08 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

Quote:
My apologies whatever way I read that I thought you were talking about Rhodes. Hankins is a bit of an enigma to me. He is a massive guy who has really good feet and can move, however he doesn't jolt offensive linemen with his hands. I don't question his work ethic I question his fire and nastiness on the field. I also think the depth of the defensive tackle class will hurt some of these guys on the fringes
I agree with all of this. I already repped you though :)
Old 02-21-2013, 09:48 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I question all OSU prospects because bleh.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:32 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
In most drafts you have a top 15 or so that are fairly unanimous then about 30 guys who could go anywhere after that. I would think Hankins is in that group. I wouldn't be too upset to see him in Seattle.
I'm hearing that GM's are saying the 20th pick in this year's draft is equal to the guys going top 5, that there is very little separating the top 25 in this year's rankings which is why I feel there will be fewer trades this year.
Old 02-21-2013, 02:51 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
I question all OSU prospects because bleh.
Because you are a moron. :)