Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who will win the NBA Championship in 2013?
Miami Heat 15 26.79%
Miami Heat 3 5.36%
Miami Heat 31 55.36%
Miami Heat 6 10.71%
Miami Heat 1 1.79%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-20-2013, 12:28 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Seeing John Stockton's name made me think of the all White Guy team:

PG: John Stockton
SG: Mark Price?
SF: Bird
PF: Dirk
C: Rik Smit?
I think you have to go Havlicek, Maravich, or the Logo at SG.

Center is tougher, but you could go Bill Walton or go smaller at C with Tom Chambers or Laimbeer.

Probably:
SG: Jerry West
C: Bill Walton

That's a pretty poor defensive team.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 12:28 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

White guy team shooting would be ridiculous
Old 02-20-2013, 12:30 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
I think you have to go Havlicek, Maravich, or the Logo at SG.

Center is tougher, but you could go Bill Walton or go smaller at C with Tom Chambers or Laimbeer.

Probably:
SG: Jerry West
C: Bill Walton

That's a pretty poor defensive team.
If you go with Sabonis at Center and Stockton at PG, that's enough of a defensive foundation to make it work.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 12:33 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
If you go with Sabonis at Center and Stockton at PG, that's enough of a defensive foundation to make it work.
Walton > Sabonis defensively.

They just don't have enough foot speed to guard a dynamic player. You have to try to hide Bird and Dirk somewhere. Stockton and West would be fine but you can't have two guys to hide defensively.

Old 02-20-2013, 12:44 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For the guys going against Shaq, Sabonis, despite already being old and crippled, was the only guy back then who could sort of slow down Shaq in spurts. Along with Vlade. Also being probably two of the best passing big men of all time.

And we all know how much snowflake loves him some passing big men.
Old 02-20-2013, 12:46 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I loved Vlade. That was my boy. His beard screamed Eastern European who drinks a lot.
Old 02-20-2013, 12:51 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My dad loves Vlade, one of his favorite Lakers. I only got to catch the last year or so of his first Laker stint.

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 12:51 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I got more of the James Bond russian villain look from him. But he undoubtedly drank liters and liters of vodka. That is fact.
Old 02-20-2013, 12:54 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually liked the Lakers as my second favorite team growing up (I know, blasphemy). Magic Johnson was the reason why I got into basketball and I'd casually root for the Lakers bc of him.

I'd casually root for the Lakers as my 2nd team all the way up to the Van Excel/Shaq days. Then when they got Kobe I hated him.

It was me being a dumb kid too though. Like bc I rooted for Magic as a 4 year old I felt obligated to stick with the Lakers in some capacity growing up, but then I was like **** the Lakers after awhile.

To be clear, I was a diehard Knicks fan this entire time, but I would casually root for the Lakers when they played bc of Magic.

Always hated the Bulls. Since 91 when they beat Magic and the Lakers.
Old 02-20-2013, 12:57 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It blows Vlade never won a ring. I've always been a Laker die-hard but KG has always been my fave player so I would casually root for the Wolves...now I have to dislike him but only by affiliation. I secretly smiled in my heart when he won his ring even though it was at the Laker's expense.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Old 02-20-2013, 01:01 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Vlade documentary on ESPN made me love him.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:03 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

Quote:
Always hated the Bulls. Since 91 when they beat Magic and the Lakers.

Old 02-20-2013, 01:05 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Trade deadline is in 25 hours.... I bet nothing happens.

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:05 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Don't worry. We're coming for you this year. Get ready.

Once the playoffs start and we have Knicks/Bulls in the divisional, I'm gonna talk so much **** I'm gonna have to oil myself up WWF style before I post in here.
Old 02-20-2013, 01:06 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Trade deadline is in 25 hours.... I bet nothing happens.
Bucks are gonna land Josh Smith

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:07 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

me commie tackle and dg had a mini 4 man all time draft id be down to organize a bigger one if people are interested

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:09 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

Quote:
Don't worry. We're coming for you this year. Get ready.

Once the playoffs start and we have Knicks/Bulls in the divisional, I'm gonna talk so much **** I'm gonna have to oil myself up WWF style before I post in here.
My man Jo has got this:

Old 02-20-2013, 01:10 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Can we do D12 for Horford or something?

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 02-20-2013, 01:10 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
My man Jo has got this:
Jo grew up a Knicks fan btw.

Chandler can handle him.
Old 02-20-2013, 01:11 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
For the guys going against Shaq, Sabonis, despite already being old and crippled, was the only guy back then who could sort of slow down Shaq in spurts. Along with Vlade. Also being probably two of the best passing big men of all time.

And we all know how much snowflake loves him some passing big men.
He was probably the best European big man of all time in terms of the Euro League. He just came over too late, but he was still pretty goddamn good even with no knees.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:12 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
me commie tackle and dg had a mini 4 man all time draft id be down to organize a bigger one if people are interested
I'm in if you end up doing it.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:13 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Howards not leaving without him agreeing to an extension to the receiving team, the lack of trade rumors is crppy

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:15 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
He was probably the best European big man of all time in terms of the Euro League. He just came over too late, but he was still pretty goddamn good even with no knees.
Yeah it definitely would have been nice to see him come over in his prime, which would have coincided with the golden age of big men in the NBA.

I'd love to do an all-time draft but i probably wouldn't have the time for it. Bummer.
Old 02-20-2013, 01:16 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderz4Life View Post
Can we do D12 for Horford or something?
I dont see that happening as hordford is one of only 3 players under contract next year for the hawks. I dont see the hawks doing that and risk losing both Josh Smith and Dwight at the end of the year for nothing.
Old 02-20-2013, 01:19 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Lakers need to get whatever they can for Howard, i don't see how he re-signs there after this pathetic season. Maybe Pau would regain his balls after that.