Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 02-20-2013, 02:42 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlueNorwegian View Post
5-11 190 by the senior bowl numbers. He's awesome. He was awesome all week at the senior bowl, and he played great all season long. His team left him on an island, and he barely gave up plays, let alone TDs. His only "flaw" is ball skills, but my point to that is how are you going to make plays on the ball when the opposing team don't even pass your way.

I think he will be a great NFL CB. He has the mindset, the pedigree and the physical skills to play CB at a high level in the NFL.
Logan Ryan in the 2nd then for more value.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 03:27 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

and Brown isn't even in the ballpark in terms of potential as ML has. ML is a sick back who got hurt. I think of someone like Willis McGahee dropping because his knee got owned against OSU.

Think of it as an investment opportunity. Not sure this upcoming season but for the following season. Wilson-Lattimore combo is deadly. In fact, IF Lattimore gets to 100%, Wilson would get passed over as a RB to Lattimore. That's how good Lattimore is and can be.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 03:46 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lattimore has 2 ACLs though. Back to back years. Brown had a broken fibula and an achilles tear.

I don't think they're comparable. I love Lattimore, but my thing with injured prospects is it's a huge gamble and it only pays off if they wind up being studs. And we have to question if he can ever be that player again after those ACLs.

It's a gamble. I won't mind it, but i'm not entirely comfortable with it either.
Old 02-20-2013, 03:49 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd give Lattimore a shot for sure. I loved him. If you get him in the 4th or later why not? What are you really going to miss out on? A special teams player? Some guy you cut?
Old 02-20-2013, 03:49 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Traditionally I would have agreed about Lattimore.

However the way Adrian Peterson has returned from his surgery has re-written the books.

Add to that what Lattimore and more importantly James Andrews his doctor have been saying about his amazing recovering, and I am open to see how he stands.

I don't think we would be looking at a RB until the third day of the draft if at all.
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 04:01 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Lattimore has 2 ACLs though. Back to back years. Brown had a broken fibula and an achilles tear.

I don't think they're comparable. I love Lattimore, but my thing with injured prospects is it's a huge gamble and it only pays off if they wind up being studs. And we have to question if he can ever be that player again after those ACLs.

It's a gamble. I won't mind it, but i'm not entirely comfortable with it either.
That's why it becomes a game of how much do you pay for this investment.

3rd?
4th?
5th?

It's a risk, that's what this risk investment is. Winner can get a great back. If you lose out, then it depends on what you paid, and who could you have had. I would trade my mid round developmental OL in a heart back for this guy. Considering our track record with those guys is eh.. I'd do this quickly. 4th rounder I'd run and hand the card in. If we fail ah well. We tried. If we hit, then it's a big time hit!
Old 02-20-2013, 08:08 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would probably argue that RB isn't that much of a need, we certainly have bigger priorities.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:56 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Logan Ryan in the 2nd then for more value.
I like him as well. Reminds me of Antoine Winfield. Possibly even a better version of Winfield.

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 04:48 AM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Dwight Freeney reportedly would love to play for NYG

from Kffl,com

Quote:
Free-agent DE Dwight Freeney (Colts) grew up as a fan of the New York Giants and would like to play for them. "Playing in New York would be attractive...playing for them would be a dream," Freeney said.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/NFL?page=2#ixzz2LWdDCuzH
I would be quite happy with Freeney if he came at a reasonable price. He still has value as a situational pass rusher, which is what we need behind JPP. Plus Freeney would add decent veteran leadership to our Dline, he has always been a classy guy.
Old 02-21-2013, 08:36 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We might as well keep Osi.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-21-2013, 09:29 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

*shrug* not if he's gunna sign for cheaper.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:30 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
We might as well keep Osi.
Maybe. It all depends who has a more realistic view of themselves and their worth. Osi can be a bit of a diva. He clearly wants another big pay day.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:36 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well. Dwight is another one of my aunt's clients. He's a really cool guy. He was my little bro's favorite player and got him a signed Syracuse jersey for him. Just a humble brag story. If he signed for cheap I don't see anything against it. He'd spark our pass rush and can be a leader and groom a rookie.

I'm biased as a big Dwight fan, but for cheap, it'd be great.

He also has a loft apartment in NYC. #scottyinsideinfo
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:00 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I'd take Freeney but I don't think he's coming for cheap. Osi and him will probably get very similar contracts.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-21-2013, 02:35 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Chris Snee has reportedly had hip surgery this week

Last edited by Big_Pete : 02-21-2013 at 02:47 PM.
Old 02-21-2013, 03:35 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Pete View Post
Chris Snee has reportedly had hip surgery this week
I read 6-8 months recovery time. It was not smart to play at the pro bowl. Use that time to get the surgery done.
Old 02-21-2013, 03:36 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
I read 6-8 months recovery time. It was not smart to play at the pro bowl. Use that time to get the surgery done.
PUP time. See you week 7.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 03:54 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I like Snee and really hope he rebounds and can get healthy, although at the very least with that kind of recovery time, he is going to miss a lot of preseason and isn't a certainty to be healthy be the start of the season.

Considering he has such a large contract and a player option after the season, it there a chance Snee be done in NY?

If Snee had of had the surgery right after the season, he would have likely made training camp; that would be a completely different outlook for the team. Was Snee trying to soak up what may be his final Pro Bowl?
Old 02-21-2013, 04:10 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
I like Snee and really hope he rebounds and can get healthy, although at the very least with that kind of recovery time, he is going to miss a lot of preseason and isn't a certainty to be healthy be the start of the season.

Considering he has such a large contract and a player option after the season, it there a chance Snee be done in NY?

If Snee had of had the surgery right after the season, he would have likely made training camp; that would be a completely different outlook for the team. Was Snee trying to soak up what may be his final Pro Bowl?
I thought that was the case with Snee. So many players skip if they are hurt. Some after a tough playoff loss, skip saying they are injured. I thought it was selfish that he played in it if he knew he would need surgery.

So currently, we have no LT until we re-sign Beatty. Same with Boothe. Baas is a china doll, Snee is hurt, and may not be 100% come the reason, and no RT.

That's freaking cool! That certainly needs to be rectified. Snee better not be terrible this year!
Old 02-21-2013, 04:12 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
PUP time. See you week 7.
No! come back! seeya week 1! Say it!

I still can't believe the fool played in the pro bowl hurt out of all things. And he played like a turnstile! Sit out if you're hurt!
Old 02-21-2013, 04:20 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I thought that was the case with Snee. So many players skip if they are hurt. Some after a tough playoff loss, skip saying they are injured. I thought it was selfish that he played in it if he knew he would need surgery.

So currently, we have no LT until we re-sign Beatty. Same with Boothe. Baas is a china doll, Snee is hurt, and may not be 100% come the reason, and no RT.

That's freaking cool! That certainly needs to be rectified. Snee better not be terrible this year!
Alot will hinge on what happens with Beatty and that will depend on how much teams are prepared to spend.

I do think DJ Fluker is a very strong option at #19.
There are reports that we are quietly very high on him.

Depending on how the draft unfolds, I could see us drafting a second Oline as well.
Old 02-21-2013, 04:23 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
No! come back! seeya week 1! Say it!

I still can't believe the fool played in the pro bowl hurt out of all things. And he played like a turnstile! Sit out if you're hurt!
Didn't Snee play a significant proportion of last season with this injury as well?

I can understand the tough guy mentality and wanting to put the team first, but the pro bowl was a luxury. I can only hope that his prognosis is less than the 6-8 months being suggested.
Old 02-21-2013, 04:23 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Alot will hinge on what happens with Beatty and that will depend on how much teams are prepared to spend.

I do think DJ Fluker is a very strong option at #19.
There are reports that we are quietly very high on him.

Depending on how the draft unfolds, I could see us drafting a second Oline as well.
I like Beatty just internally annoyed at how he will be 28 years old, never started a full year AND now will command a huge contract! I mean WTF!? I am not really thrilled with our OL situation as a whole. Eli is in his prime and we really need to get this thing at a high level so we can do the things we need to do to be successful.
Old 02-21-2013, 04:32 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I like Beatty just internally annoyed at how he will be 28 years old, never started a full year AND now will command a huge contract! I mean WTF!? I am not really thrilled with our OL situation as a whole. Eli is in his prime and we really need to get this thing at a high level so we can do the things we need to do to be successful.
That is the issue, we have a definite window with Eli. I hope he plays as long as his brother, Brady etc; but we need to maximise our opporunities that we have right now.

I suspect that Oline isn't as dire as people think, we do have some young talent developing in the system and we don't always do the popular option.
Moves under Coughlin that I was very skeptical about were signing O'Hara, moving Diehl to LT to replace Petitgout and starting Boothe. they all turned out ok with solid performances.

I think we have to trust in Reese and the coaching staff, I think we have perhaps the best line coach in Flahrety, he is very under rated and doesn't get the recognition he deserves.

With that said, we have invested significant resources at times in the line, drafting Snee and Beatty in the second round plus the FA signing of McKenzie; when we do invest significantly, we usually do it very well.
Old 02-21-2013, 04:33 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually wouldn't mind if we cut Snee at all. Fortunately Snee was intelligent and married the coaches daughter.