Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > NFC East Division Forum

NFC East Division Forum Discuss the NFC East

Old 02-11-2013, 12:06 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
So what are your thoughts on the arrival to Kelly to Philadelphia? They just restructured Vick's contract. Do you like that move?

Interesting, Eagles resign Vick for 1 year. I guess maybe to see how he'll perform in the new offense.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher

Last edited by D-Unit : 02-11-2013 at 03:50 PM.
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:31 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
Interesting, Eagles resign Vick for 1 year. I guess maybe to see how he'll perform in the new offense.
I think Vick might have his best season ever if Kelly's offense works in the NFL.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:35 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think Vick might have his best season ever if Kelly's offense works in the NFL.
I think he'll have his worse. His 2 primary issues that ruined him last year? Fumbling and durability. How would a Chip Kelly offense that is predicated on a mobile QB running the ball more work better to fix those two issues? It's a disaster waiting to happen, more fumbles and more injuries, but I really hope they do intend on using him just to see it play out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:46 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I think he'll have his worse. His 2 primary issues that ruined him last year? Fumbling and durability. How would a Chip Kelly offense that is predicated on a mobile QB running the ball more work better to fix those two issues? It's a disaster waiting to happen, more fumbles and more injuries, but I really hope they do intend on using him just to see it play out.
Just cause I think it's a very QB friendly offense. You don't have to be a great QB to have great stats in that offense. My guess... Vick will be used like Darron Thomas was. Which was more as a passer than runner.
Old 02-11-2013, 02:46 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Really? I think Vick might lose the job in camp to either a rookie or Foles. He STRUGGLES with pressure and makes poor snap decisions against zone blitzes. Even if Chip puts him in a "Vince Young" offense (one-read) he's going to play 50 snaps before getting destroyed by injuries.

Granted Chip's offense might be able to prevent the opposition from blitzing but then is the Eagle's offensive line capable of winning 5v4's consistently? I just can't see Vick being overly successful without having an elite offensive line.

I don't see Vick being healthy enough to run the one-read and scramble offense which coincidentally is the only one I see him capable succeeding in without an elite offensive line.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:48 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
Really? I think Vick might lose the job in camp to either a rookie or Foles. He STRUGGLES with pressure and makes poor snap decisions against zone blitzes. Even if Chip puts him in a "Vince Young" offense (one-read) he's going to play 50 snaps before getting destroyed by injuries.

Granted Chip's offense might be able to prevent the opposition from blitzing but then is the Eagle's offensive line capable of winning 5v4's consistently? I just can't see Vick being overly successful without having an elite offensive line.

I don't see Vick being healthy enough to run the one-read and scramble offense which coincidentally is the only one I see him capable succeeding in without an elite offensive line.
Well their first pick will likely be Luke Joeckel and I'm sure more OL help will be on the way.

I did try to say that I think Vick will be successful IF Kelly's offense works. I really don't know if it will work in the NFL. He could easily wash out like Spurrier did. Which in that case, Vick obviously wouldn't have a good season. The Eagles OL was worse than ours last year. Vick is good with a good OL.

Last edited by D-Unit : 02-11-2013 at 02:50 PM.
Old 02-11-2013, 02:49 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
2010 would be hard to top but I agree he could be a nightmare in Kelly's system if he stays healthy. Philly was easily the best fit for Kelly to bring his offense to the NFL.
Old 02-11-2013, 03:01 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post

Up-tempo offenses typically slow down defenses and keep them on their heels. Their offense won't be like what we saw Washington ran this year that exposed RG3 to a lot of hits, it'll be more screen based and designed to widen the field with getting the ball out quick. And they have one of the more dynamic open field skill position groups in the league.
Old 02-11-2013, 03:18 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Default NFC East's newest rival: Chip Kelly

So what are your thoughts on the arrival to Kelly to Philadelphia? They just restructured Vick's contract. Do you like that move?
Old 02-20-2013, 03:59 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the Vick situation in Chip Kelly's offense is very intriguing.

On one hand, Vick's running ability and athleticsim really fits well, there is a real potential for Vick to post big numbers.

On the other hand, it will also expose Vick to the potential of taking more hits and Vick has had durability issues in the past.
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 05:49 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

3 games in, any new thoughts on the Eagles?

Some of their formations are incredible, I have to admit. They look so innovative and creative.