Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who will win the NBA Championship in 2013?
Miami Heat 15 26.79%
Miami Heat 3 5.36%
Miami Heat 31 55.36%
Miami Heat 6 10.71%
Miami Heat 1 1.79%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-20-2013, 02:03 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderz4Life View Post
I don't think I've hated a Laker as much as I hate Dwight.
"Dwight is our future," Kupchak said. "He deserves to have his name on the wall and a statue in front of Staples at some point in time."
Old 02-20-2013, 02:04 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Not sure how bringing a monster rebounder to put next to the guy whose only redeemable skill right now is rebounding, improves your team, but hey whatevs.
It helps the rebounding even more, and Dre is more than just rebounds. That is Reggie Evans, who is pretty damn awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeDan17 View Post
GS and NO in "more than exploratory talks" regarding Eric Gordon for klay Thompson.

Trading a really good shooter for a dude that's only played more than 60 games twice in five years that's also on a max contract?

Not sure what the rest of the deal would be though. I think NO gets away with robbery there.
Klay Thompson isn't a really good shooter, this is one of the most confusing things I see.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:11 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still wouldn't consider Gordon much of an upgrade given his contract.

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:13 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierce2walker View Post
"Dwight is our future," Kupchak said. "He deserves to have his name on the wall and a statue in front of Staples at some point in time."
This was a disaster waiting to happen, Pringles was just more fuel to the fire.

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:13 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
It helps the rebounding even more, and Dre is more than just rebounds. That is Reggie Evans, who is pretty damn awesome.

Klay Thompson isn't a really good shooter, this is one of the most confusing things I see.
What else can Drummond do right now at an NBA level? Man defense? lol. He's extremely raw, honestly i'd just keep Monroe since he can play away from the paint around the elbow and just let Drummond do his thing down low. Whatever that becomes.

And Klay Thompson shot pretty damn well for a rookie last year. His splits have taken a dip this year though.
Old 02-20-2013, 02:15 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I keep pronouncing Drummond as Drew-mónd, idk why.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Old 02-20-2013, 02:17 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's because he sucks.
Old 02-20-2013, 02:19 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What else can Drummond do right now at an NBA level? Man defense? lol. He's extremely raw, honestly i'd just keep Monroe since he can play away from the paint around the elbow and just let Drummond do his thing down low. Whatever that becomes.

And Klay Thompson shot pretty damn well for a rookie last year. His splits have taken a dip this year though.
He's an excellent shotblocker, and he sucks up rebounds extremely well. Plus, even if he's not a great overall offensive package right now, he's smart enough on offense to maintain some degree of efficiency. Minus his free throw shooting. And he's a raw 19 year old, **** happens.

And meh, he shot OKAY for a rookie but that was his ONLY skill. He doesn't get to the line at all, he's not a good passer or rebounder, and he doesn't make a dent on defense. When that is all you can do, you better be a way better shooter than he actually is. He's a worse version of Kyle Korver with double the shot outtake.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 02-20-2013, 02:20 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That's because he sucks.
I know you're just trolling Brodeur but I will not stand for any anti Drummond talk. You're gonna die.

WMD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:21 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Quote:
That's because he sucks.
Is that why? Here I thought it was just the frijolero in me coming out.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 02-20-2013, 02:49 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
He's an excellent shotblocker, and he sucks up rebounds extremely well. Plus, even if he's not a great overall offensive package right now, he's smart enough on offense to maintain some degree of efficiency. Minus his free throw shooting. And he's a raw 19 year old, **** happens.

And meh, he shot OKAY for a rookie but that was his ONLY skill. He doesn't get to the line at all, he's not a good passer or rebounder, and he doesn't make a dent on defense. When that is all you can do, you better be a way better shooter than he actually is. He's a worse version of Kyle Korver with double the shot outtake.
I said aside from rebounding, you can't talk about rebounding after i already mentioned it. That's how i know you're reaching. I think he's gonna shape up to be a stud on defense, not sure about offense though. He's got a hell of an uphill battle to be decent at anything in that area. I'm not sure how much natural basketball ability and skill he can learn, regardless of how young he is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
I know you're just trolling Brodeur but I will not stand for any anti Drummond talk. You're gonna die.
Good luck with that. You'll be dead before you even try.
Old 02-20-2013, 02:50 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
Well he grew up in New York. He has been brainwashed (By piles of cash) to the right side.

I hope we play the Knicks, because it is seeming more and more likely Rose is not coming back and that means the Bulls won't win a championship. Giving New York it's playoff pink slip will be a nice door prize.
Whether he comes back or not, I guarantee we beat the Bulls this year in the playoffs (barring any unforeseen injury) and I'm putting my posting ability in this thread on the line if they lose.

YOU'RE GOING DOWN!
Old 02-20-2013, 02:59 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Drummond's ceiling is probably Tyson Chandler, which is really good. His floor is definitely lower than that (although higher than most other thanted young players because a hyper athletic center that plays good d is quite rare) due to the ft issues and the defensive leader he would need to become, but the potential is clearly there for him to be a top 15-20 player in the NBA.
Old 02-20-2013, 03:00 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Don't see why he can't be a top 10 player in the NBA, his rookie season is basically Dwight Howard with better per minute numbers and less overall minutes (well minus the horrid FT shooting). By the way, if the Suns actually do Gortat/Tucker for Lamb/Perkins/a late first...

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 02-20-2013, 03:07 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't get why it's so hard for athletic big men to succeed in the NBA. Like if you're 6 10" + and athletic, why can't you succeed? I don't get it. All you have to do is try, and youll be good. Just try.

Like seriously if youre 6 10" and athletic you should be a 10 and 10 player in the league if you just give a ****. That's all it takes. Just try and you can be 10 and 10.

Now if you learn how to like dribble a basketball you might be 16 and 10. Work on a hook shot 20 and 10.

It seriously baffles me how there's such a dirth of big men when all you have to really do is try.
Old 02-20-2013, 03:35 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Decided to do my own personal all-time rankings per position. Here are my PG rankings.

Video Games - Anime - Comics - Cosplay - etc

A site dedicated to giving support and exposure to female
geeks and gamers, while also providing a community for
people of all genders to hang out and discuss their
favorite nerd past-times without needing to worry about or
deal with the prejudice and mistreatment that's so common online.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 03:38 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Isiah Thomas is too high, Paul/Kidd are too low. Fair enough list otherwise.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 02-20-2013, 04:07 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There are so many great SGs in this draft class. If my Wolves don't get one of them I'm going to commit Sudoku.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 04:18 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually don't think this draft is shaping up to be as bad overall as everyone originally thought.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 04:33 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
I actually don't think this draft is shaping up to be as bad overall as everyone originally thought.
Ben McLemore, Marcus Smart, Oladipo, Shabazz... Seriously part of me hopes we just tank it and end up with a prime spot.

Odds are we'll pick 8th and end up with some 6'7 210 lb Wed Johnson clone.
Old 02-20-2013, 04:47 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Would you two be mad if you ended with a 3/4 tweener in Tony Mitchell?

Old 02-20-2013, 04:49 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes.

Any of the guys vikes named would be great. Or I'd be fine with Zeller or Len if we let Pek walk.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 04:55 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

Rubio paired with The Home 'Dipo sounds pretty sweet.

I'm a really big Len fan, he and Kyrie could run a nice pick n pop

Old 02-20-2013, 05:31 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeDan17 View Post
Would you two be mad if you ended with a 3/4 tweener in Tony Mitchell?
#!%)#$@%@$#%()$@#
Old 02-20-2013, 05:56 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Draft talk depresses me. Knowing the Knicks won't have a draft pick until 2035.

#KnicksIn2035