Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Best Team Over The Next 3 Years
N 9 20.00%
Dodgers 5 11.11%
Kings 1 2.22%
Brees 5 11.11%
Transformers 14 31.11%
Mighty's 2 4.44%
Cocks 2 4.44%
Seamen 4 8.89%
MJRP 1 2.22%
Studmuffins 2 4.44%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-18-2013, 11:52 AM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
It doesn't bother me at all, I did this for fun. There's no way to determine who truly wins and who loses. In 3 years, I think my team will be the best. But there's no way to tell that except in 3 years if we decide to revisit the thread.
You don't care much you say, but you continue to whine and condescend other people's opinions because they didn't choose your team. If you did it for fun, stop acting so butthurt.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 12:45 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't believe I'm whining. I like my team more than others. Big deal. I think everyone's team, including my own, have weaknesses, some more than others.

I think N's team is the best team besides my own. Big deal.

I have my own opinion and can disagree with what you and others think. Big deal.
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 05:36 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Internetzz.. big deal

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 08:52 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The team with Aaron Rodgers would have to be terrible to not get my vote. It looks pretty good. Transformers looks great but I need to see more than half a season from Russell Wilson.

Also, no offense to whoever drafted the Stud Muffins....but that team finishes last.

Last edited by ChiFan24 : 02-19-2013 at 08:57 PM.
ChiFan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:06 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiFan24 View Post
The team with Aaron Rodgers would have to be terrible to not get my vote. It looks pretty good. Transformers looks great but I need to see more than half a season from Russell Wilson.

Also, no offense to whoever drafted the Stud Muffins....but that team finishes last.
I drafted for them. This year was not as good as my team last year. Last year I had the strategy of offense, offense, and more offense. This year, I had no strategy and it shows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:09 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiFan24 View Post

x2. Obviously I started with who had the best QB's to get a feel, but I was looking to see who had Aaron Rodgers and honestly if you give him a good team around him he should win. I had Transformers slightly behind, not by much at all. They get major points for the best WR and TE in the game on the same team with Marshawn Lynch, that's more then enough for Russel Wilson.

The Rodgers team would have had to drop the ball for me, and I find it hard to see them losing when he is throwing to Brandon Marshall and Hakeem Nicks and we saw what Kyle Rudolph does with a good TE. Plus I love that secondary, Haden and Antonio Cromartie playing press man with Byrd as the deep floater to clean up any deep passes? All makes sense. I almost lost it with putting Nick Fairley as a 3-4 DE, but fortunately they could put Vernon Gholston there and still score just as much. But Clay Mathews should give them 1 impact defender up front.

Those were my top 2 teams, but nobody could cover Brandon Marshall this year and they had no #2 WR or TE, or offensive line, he would dominate every game and we saw Nicks during the Giants playoff run, that's all Rodgers needed for me to vote for him but the secondary was the kicker. Just my take.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:32 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I saw Aaron Rodgers and voted accordingly.
Old 02-20-2013, 02:49 PM    (permalink
robert pancake gallery
Veteran

robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i stopped when i saw peyton manning and adrian peterson on the same team

robert pancake gallery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 03:14 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert pancake gallery View Post
i stopped when i saw peyton manning and adrian peterson on the same team

Not to nitpick, but in a fantasy draft by a few teams, not sure how 2 people would make you stop. Every team has at least 2 really good players someplace but if you didn't read....

Quote:
Old 02-20-2013, 03:23 PM    (permalink
robert pancake gallery
Veteran

robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Not to nitpick, but in a fantasy draft by a few teams, not sure how 2 people would make you stop. Every team has at least 2 really good players someplace but if you didn't read....
this is literally the least consequential thread on the entire internet; anyways, adrian peterson and peyton manning aren't just two players, they were my two MVPs last season. if you are looking for some long drawn out objective analysis of this completely arbitrary fantasy draft then i'm sorry i disappointed you.

Last edited by robert pancake gallery : 02-20-2013 at 03:28 PM.
robert pancake gallery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 03:43 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert pancake gallery View Post
this is literally the least consequential thread on the entire internet; anyways, adrian peterson and peyton manning aren't just two players, they were my two MVPs last season. if you are looking for some long drawn out objective analysis of this completely arbitrary fantasy draft then i'm sorry i disappointed you.
Umad? Lol. I just pointed out 2 players doesn't really do much when a handful of teams are picking the best players in the league.

Quote:
Old 02-20-2013, 04:39 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let's do another one. These are good.

I voted Seamen because I like their D. After a second look Transformers are stacked and have Jesus at QB.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:02 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Transformers's Guide to scoring on every drive:

1) Line up Gronk and Megatron to the same side.
2) Have Megatron run a go, Gronk run a post.
3) Throw to whoever the safety doesn't commit to.

Repeat until TD.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:07 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Icon

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was lazy and just picked the best team name. Give me the SEAMEN!!!!!!
Old 02-21-2013, 01:09 AM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The fact that Geno Atkins is not on any team means that all of these teams lose. How does no one draft Atkins?
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 01:14 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Holy ****. Good catch.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 01:31 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

deep took him but his team isnt listed for whatever reason

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:57 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
I don't think people are really thinking this out very well. Will some of these players even be close to themselves in 3 years? I don't think a few will.

Oh you mean like Chris Johnson?

Quote:
Then there's so many players that haven't proven anything in the nfl that I think people are overrating due to them being good prospects.
Like Kendall Wright?

It's always funny when these happens there is always "that guy", we'll your him.

Quote:
Old 02-21-2013, 10:08 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Oh you mean like Chris Johnson?

Like Kendall Wright?

It's always funny when these happens there is always "that guy", we'll your him.
Yeah, I misunderstood the rules on that one. Either way, it's a passing league now and RBs won't play a huge role in my offense. With that said, Chris Johnson is just as likely to be producing in 3 years as other RBs

As for Kendall Wright, he's my 3rd WR with 2 legit starters in front of him. Kendall Wright produced decent as a rookie starting out of position, 600+ yds and 4tds is decent numbers for a rookie WR.

If you want those two selection, I suggest you take a long hard look at the other teams first, because those two are small issues compared to some
Old 02-21-2013, 10:18 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Yeah, I misunderstood the rules on that one. Either way, it's a passing league now and RBs won't play a huge role in my offense. With that said, Chris Johnson is just as likely to be producing in 3 years as other RBs

As for Kendall Wright, he's my 3rd WR with 2 legit starters in front of him. Kendall Wright produced decent as a rookie starting out of position, 600+ yds and 4tds is decent numbers for a rookie WR.

If you want those two selection, I suggest you take a long hard look at the other teams first, because those two are small issues compared to some
No, trust me we all get it now. Your team has no flaws, everyone else does, we obviously don't understand the rules because we aren't voting for you.

Quote:
Old 02-21-2013, 10:25 AM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good luck keeping rg3, gresham, and jennings healthy. And good luck covering the deep ball with those safeties. And cj2k hasn't been good in awhile.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:59 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
No, trust me we all get it now. Your team has no flaws, everyone else does, we obviously don't understand the rules because we aren't voting for you.
I understand people don't want to vote for me that's fine, and I've already said my team has flaws just like every other team.

What's your point?
Old 02-21-2013, 11:02 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
Good luck keeping rg3, gresham, and jennings healthy. And good luck covering the deep ball with those safeties. And cj2k hasn't been good in awhile.
Rg3 will be fine with my o-line. Gresham and Jennings injury problems are overstated.

Goldson is fine against the deep ball, Landry has played out of position for years at FS and no one will have enough time to throw deep with my pass rush.

Thanks
Old 02-21-2013, 03:12 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Rg3 will be fine with my o-line. Gresham and Jennings injury problems are overstated.

Goldson is fine against the deep ball, Landry has played out of position for years at FS and no one will have enough time to throw deep with my pass rush.

Thanks
no he's not.. thanks

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 03:15 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
no he's not.. thanks
I think we already had a thread about him, go talk about him there. Thanks