Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 02-19-2013, 03:43 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh those. Oh yeah definitely. I'm calling it now, we'll get at least 1 stop gap DT that is gonna be a steal. I like this FA DT class a lot.
Old 02-19-2013, 04:48 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm really interested in how much Dorsey will cost. I loved him at LSU. High motor guy. I always feel like he got screwed because KC changed their defense.
Old 02-19-2013, 04:50 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vickerson is the guy I got my eye on. He'll be dirt cheap, and he's effective. He has Jerry Reese special written all over him.

Ditto for Derek Landri. Both won't cost a dime, and together they can be contributing situational players who fill out depth and production to our team.
Old 02-19-2013, 05:35 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im thinking Dorsey, he has been a good run defender in the league so far and our 4-3 will suit him.
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 05:51 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I have a feeling Dorsey is out of our price range. Some team will pay him more than we can afford. Practically every 4-3 team in the league thinks they can make him into a player again so it's not like he's a diamond in the rough that no one knows about.
Old 02-19-2013, 06:54 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

honestly though, if he's not too outrageous, Dorsey could be more than just a stop gap. Him and Linval would be a nice duo inside. Then we could focus on DE, back 7 and OL
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:08 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Agreed. I feel BBD is likely right, but if his contract was outrageous to me he's more than worth bringing in. He's a high motor DT and I love those guys. And it's not like he isn't talented either.
Old 02-19-2013, 07:21 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see Dorsey being hugely expensive, I'd expect he would get relatively a moderate contract. There is going to be a ton of cash thrown around in free agency, but it will go to the big name free agents.

There are alot of decent DT options in free agency

Henry Melton will be too expensive but there are guys like Richard Seymour, Justin Bannan, Ty Warren, Randy Starks, Isaac Sopoage, Aubrayo Franklin, Sammie Lee Hill, Sean Smith, Sen'Derrick Marks, Sedrick Ellis, Roy Miller, Trevor Laws, Amobi Okoye, Jovan Haye, Jason Jones, Alan Branch, Vonnie Holliday, Casey Hampton, Dwan Edwards, Shaun Cody, Desmond Bryant, Terrance Knighton, Corey Williams and Pat Sims

Seriously there are plenty of options this year, plus the draft is loaded with front seven talent.

Last edited by Big_Pete : 02-19-2013 at 07:24 PM.
Old 02-19-2013, 08:41 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Amobi Okoye intrigues me as well. Dude's been in the league 7 years and he's still only 25. I wouldn't mind signing him if he was cheap.
Old 02-20-2013, 02:01 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Scott's latest mock has NYG picking DE Ezekiel Ansah at #19 and LB Arthur Brown at #49.

I think most if us would find that quite a acceptable :)

Last edited by Big_Pete : 02-20-2013 at 02:03 PM.
Old 02-20-2013, 03:08 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I wish man. I see Ziggy going top 10 though.
Old 02-20-2013, 06:38 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I wish man. I see Ziggy going top 10 though.
I am not so sure to be honest that he goes that high.

He is raw and will need time to develop, not alot of teams drafting that high have that luxury, plus there are guys they can impact alot earlier like Werner. Plus there is a lot of very good DTs. Ansah does well on the college level on physical tools alone, but he is going to have a very steep learning curve in the NFL; he is going to need time to develop.

I agree, Scott's mock would be an ideal scenario for NYG
Old 02-21-2013, 11:32 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

With Ziggy not on the board, and Fluker potentially being there, I think the pick might have to be Fluker.

I'm slowly falling in love with Fluker. You can't teach what Fluker is. He's almost like the Ziggy Ansah of OTs.
Old 02-21-2013, 11:33 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

I would like Fluker a lot. He's just so god damn massive it's scary.

I'd probably wet myself if I was a DE playing against him.
Old 02-21-2013, 11:35 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I think he'd definitely solve our RT problem. I wouldn't even mind giving him a chance at LT. Hell, if Cordy Glenn can do it why can't Fluker?

But at the very worst I can see him being a monster OG. It's almost like we can't lose selecting him. Unless he's Ducasse dumb. But I haven't heard that from anyone.
Old 02-21-2013, 11:40 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think he'd definitely solve our RT problem. I wouldn't even mind giving him a chance at LT. Hell, if Cordy Glenn can do it why can't Fluker?

But at the very worst I can see him being a monster OG. It's almost like we can't lose selecting him. Unless he's Ducasse dumb. But I haven't heard that from anyone.
I hear he is down to 339lbs. which shows he is committed to getting into top playing shape. He will be a very solid RT but there is no way he has the feet to play LT. Glenn had the feet for LT just wasn't too committed to getting into shape.

Flucker at 255lbs. was going to have a lot of difficulty against any kind of speed but if he is committed to being in shape, it won't be a problem.

Last edited by Iamcanadian : 02-21-2013 at 12:34 PM.
Iamcanadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:42 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
I hear he is down to 339lbs. which shows he is committed to getting into top playing shape. He will be a very solid RT but there is no way he has the feet to play LT. Glenn had the feet for LT just wasn't too committed to getting into shape.

Flucker at 255lbs. was going to have a lot of difficulty again any kind of speed but if he is committed to being in shape, it won't be a problem.
Maybe those feet get a little quicker at the combine now that he's in shape? It's possible. We gotta see how he moves at the combine.
Old 02-21-2013, 11:43 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:

Yeah, I agree. Plus he just seems like a cool guy. And he's massive. I don't see how he doesn't work out at OG at the very least.
Old 02-21-2013, 01:33 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

I have four players on my draft radar for us in the first

DE Ezekiel Ansah, S Kenny Vaccaro, RT/G DJ Fluker and DT Jesse Williams
Old 02-21-2013, 01:44 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

You all know that I have been big on Fluker for a while

The other guy I really like is Jesse Williams, we is a real chance to break the combine lifting record, and could run sub 5.0
He has great stamina and work ethic, he is a four quarter DT.
He could be limited to bring a 2 gap DT in a four man front, but thus kids a monster.
Old 02-24-2013, 03:37 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Going my Jerry Reese's comments at the combine, Manti Teo will be on the Giants radar. It all depends on what point.

what are your thoughts?

personally I don't mind it at all, I think Teo would be a good fit for us.

Here are some comments from an article from http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/gia...l-consider-teo

Quote:
“Our younger people, our younger scouts can explain it better than I can,” Reese said, when asked about “catfishing” and whether the 66-year-old Coughlin understands it fully. “We’ll bring [Te’o] in, and we’ll let him explain that situation for us. But again, I think there’s people with a lot more issues than this issue.”

“We’re more interested in what kind of football player he is than anything else,” said Reese, who owns the 19th pick in the first round. “These things, I think they get blown out of proportion a little bit. But we’ll investigate it, and we’ll see how it goes.”

The Giants will lean on what their scouts have seen on the field and learned about Te’o, the Heisman Trophy runner-up, who is considered one of the top three linebackers in the draft. The team will also look into social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter when it comes to all of its potential draftees.

“We look at that stuff,” Reese said. “But again, I think you can have too much information. You talk yourself out of good players because of what somebody said on Twitter and what somebody said on Facebook."

When the Giants sit down with prospects at the combine, coaches and team brass interview the player. The position coach will often ask most of the questions, and then the Giants will go through their process of determining what round somebody like Te'o should be taken in.

“We put it all in the hopper,” Reese said. “And we come out with, 'This is what this guy is. This is where we think he should be on our board. Will we take him if he’s at a certain position for us?' Just like everybody else. His situation is no different than it is for anybody else.”

Old 02-24-2013, 03:40 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

here are some comments from NFL scouts on Teo

from http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packe...192799541.html

Quote:
Manti Te'o, ILB, Notre Dame: 6-2, 255.

Compared by one scout to St. Louis MLB James Laurinaitis. "A better version of that," he said. "Not a great athlete. Try-hard. Smart. This was the first year he really got himself in shape. Some of his teammates think he's kind of a phony." The scout made his comment in early December before his bizarre online love relationship was uncovered as a hoax. "He is a tad immature," another scout said last week. "When he comes in the locker room he is going to get abused for about the first month. For a (middle) linebacker you would want him to be more physical and make more plays against the run. He got smoked (against Alabama). He's not explosive but he's got instincts like (Brian) Urlacher."
Old 02-24-2013, 03:48 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do Not Want!!

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 04:54 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What if we moved Fluker to guard, and see if Brewer can play RT. So I guess if we do re-sign Beatty, it would be Beatty-Fluker/Brewer-Baas-Snee-Fluker/Brewer.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 05:20 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No thanks on Teo. There are LBs I like wayyyy better than him. Plus, I think he would be awful with Perry Fewell. I don't think he is fast or quick enough to play good coverage in the NFL even if he is smart enough to understand zone concepts very well.

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote