Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-21-2013, 03:28 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Calvin Johnson Sets NFL Receiving Record

With 2 broken fingers and concussion symptoms towards end of year...

Sweet baby jesus - This guy is going to be the GOAT in the end.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 03:31 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

eh a professional athlete should be able to play with a couple broken fingers
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 03:34 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
eh a professional athlete should be able to play with a couple broken fingers
professional athlete is pretty vague, but a 90 mph fast ball coming from staffod to those fingers isnt something to just brush off as business as usual if they are broken, that can be a real *****. Calvin and Dez were in beast most at the end of the year with busted up fingers...nice to see

And yes, calvin will be the GOAT when its said and done. Out of GT he was an incredible prospect, he produced big with ****** QBs, but with a good QB he has taken his game to another level
Old 02-21-2013, 03:54 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
professional athlete is pretty vague, but a 90 mph fast ball coming from staffod to those fingers isnt something to just brush off as business as usual if they are broken, that can be a real *****. Calvin and Dez were in beast most at the end of the year with busted up fingers...nice to see

And yes, calvin will be the GOAT when its said and done. Out of GT he was an incredible prospect, he produced big with ****** QBs, but with a good QB he has taken his game to another level
agreed - catching heaters from stafford isn't exactly the easiest with 2 broken fingers....

and yes, DEZ was beasting it as well by the end of the year.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
Old 02-21-2013, 03:55 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

AD had a hernia.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 03:57 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
AD had a hernia.
AD is also a robot so disqualified.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 02-21-2013, 03:59 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

And to also as a CJ/Stafford Owner in fantasy - i watched an abnormally high rate of lions games (for a bills fan)...

And i dont care what he says - CJ played through a concussion those 1-2 games...he was knocked out and then shaking his head a ton during the game that it happened but kept playing....possibly stupid on his part for future but still a beast.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 02-21-2013, 04:44 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Beasting it is having your finger cut off to still play, sorry but playing with broken fingers does not qualify in my book.
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 06:44 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
Beasting it is having your finger cut off to still play, sorry but playing with broken fingers does not qualify in my book.

not much else there is to say to that.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:21 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is actually fairly common. Its only being advertised bc of the accomplishment, but WRs play with broken fingers all the time.
Old 02-21-2013, 07:25 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
This is actually fairly common. Its only being advertised bc of the accomplishment, but WRs play with broken fingers all the time.
I would say dislocations are more common than broken fingers.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 02-21-2013, 07:35 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A lot of players play with injuries. We all know megatron is a freak. So it's not surprising.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:02 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This pic made my day. lol.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:29 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Didn't make playoffs, madden curse.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:34 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Look at highlights and note the coverage he was facing while playing with injuries....

literally teams stopped disguising it by week 8...numerous times i saw 2 cbs lined up across from him and the safety 10-15 yds back...

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 02-21-2013, 08:40 PM    (permalink
Prime Time
Rookie

Prime Time could make a wolverine purr.Prime Time could make a wolverine purr.Prime Time could make a wolverine purr.Prime Time could make a wolverine purr.Prime Time could make a wolverine purr.Prime Time could make a wolverine purr.Prime Time could make a wolverine purr.Prime Time could make a wolverine purr.

Not trying to take anything away from Calvin, but let's be real here.. He got most of his yards in garbage time when the Lions were getting destroyed every game and had to pass. If Jerry Rice wasn't on such a great team that blew teams out midway through the 3rd quarter, I bet you his stats would be padded way more but they weren't, because your not going to keep passing when your up by a lot. So congrats to him and all but lets ease up on the G.O.A.T talk..

Prime Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:23 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime Time View Post
Not trying to take anything away from Calvin, but let's be real here.. He got most of his yards in garbage time when the Lions were getting destroyed every game and had to pass. If Jerry Rice wasn't on such a great team that blew teams out midway through the 3rd quarter, I bet you his stats would be padded way more but they weren't, because your not going to keep passing when your up by a lot. So congrats to him and all but lets ease up on the G.O.A.T talk..
I respect the fact that you had to back your boy/team. But you know deep down, it is only matter of time barring health.

Also keep in mind I said "in the end". Not currently.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:

Last edited by BallerT1215 : 02-21-2013 at 09:25 PM.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:33 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime Time View Post
I agree. We all know Don Hutson is the G.O.A.T.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:39 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
I agree. We all know Don Hutson is the G.O.A.T.
Now we all know Andre Reed is 1B. right behind Jerry Rice and......

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 02-21-2013, 09:48 PM    (permalink
Prime Time
Rookie

Prime Time could make a wolverine purr.Prime Time could make a wolverine purr.Prime Time could make a wolverine purr.Prime Time could make a wolverine purr.Prime Time could make a wolverine purr.Prime Time could make a wolverine purr.Prime Time could make a wolverine purr.Prime Time could make a wolverine purr.

Lol now that I re-read my post I do sound kind of bitter tho but honestly, we all know Calvin will go down as one of the best receivers to ever play the game also. He is a freak and if anybody deserves the record it's him. I am happy for the guy I just wish he had done it while the Lions were constantly winning or something idk..

Prime Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 02:40 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Calvin getting yards in garbage time is a myth, unless you use a very liberal definition of "garbage time." Only 166 of his yardage was accumulated with the Lions down two touchdowns or more.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 02:52 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
I respect the fact that you had to back your boy/team. But you know deep down, it is only matter of time barring health.

Also keep in mind I said "in the end". Not currently.
As a 49ers fan I'm pretty confident in Jerry Rice's resume and accolades standing the test of time, and that's with all of the rule changes giving offenses more leverage than in Rice's day and the amount of times Detroit throws the ball every year. If Calvin Johnson is going to even sniff at that crown, the Lions better start becoming a dominant force and winning Super Bowls and Stafford better start playing like Joe Montana or Steve Young. I don't see it happening. Rice was a Hall of Fame player in the best situation possible.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Last edited by Ness : 02-22-2013 at 02:54 PM.
Ness is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 06:22 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So Calvin can't be better if he doesn't play on a dynasty? He's only 30 yards off of Rice at equal stages in their careers and he has more catches compared to what Rice had. Now the only thing hurting him is TDs. If he doesn't eclipse the big time records it will probably be due to the fact that he won't have a 19 season career.

Duke Blue Devils
2010 National Champions!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs

Last edited by JRTPlaya21 : 02-22-2013 at 07:05 PM.
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 08:06 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTPlaya21 View Post
So Calvin can't be better if he doesn't play on a dynasty? He's only 30 yards off of Rice at equal stages in their careers and he has more catches compared to what Rice had. Now the only thing hurting him is TDs. If he doesn't eclipse the big time records it will probably be due to the fact that he won't have a 19 season career.
Depends what you believe entails as being the G.O.A.T. I wouldn't say Terry Bradshaw is arguably the greatest quarterback of all time due playing on a dynasty. I think Rice has a combination of being a great player while also being successful as a consistent winner (the results of being with a great team for years and years). I'm not talking about just in terms of ability. There have been a couple of receivers I thought were better than Rice from a physical standpoint in terms of what they can do. I'm talking about everything put together. Rice playing on the 49ers during their run of dominance only makes Calvin surpassing his resume all the more insurmountable. I think Calvin is already hurt by the era he plays in to a degree if we're talking about just numbers due to the offensive leverage teams have compared to the past with rules + safety awareness emphasized by the NFL. Of course that isn't to say that he couldn't do what he's doing now if he was in Rice's place at the time Rice played. But the same could be said about a lot of players had they had Rice's opportunity.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Last edited by Ness : 02-22-2013 at 10:04 PM.
Ness is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 09:55 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
AD is also a robot so disqualified.
And Calvin is Megatron, so also disqualified.