Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 02-21-2013, 09:40 AM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
To be fair, his playoff passer rating is just as high as Tom Brady's. Amazing how a better defense, O line, and Adam Vinatieri bailing his QB out is the difference between "all-time clutch" and "choker."

We're about to have another Manning/Brady thread. I want to kill NFLDC with fire.

Also, A-Rod choking in the playoffs is a myth. .864 career playoff OPS. One year does not a career make.

Narratives like "so and so sucks in the playofs" are just terrible because once you say them enough, people start to believe them no matter what the truth is.

Umm, check ARod's playoff stats again, such as AVG w/ RISP, strikeouts, things like that. Not sure what your 'one year does not a career make' line was supposed to mean as that makes my argument more than it makes yours, 2009 was the only year ARod did anything in the playoffs, granted he crushed it that year, he was horrific every other year. Why his OPS is that high is likely because he had 3 series' to inflate his stats in 09 while the other years he was mostly one and done and only had 20 or so hitless at bats to deflate the numbers. Just my guess.

Also, Brady has been awful in the playoffs since 04 as well so I'm not sure what that argument does for you either.
Robcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:45 AM    (permalink
findthedr
Rookie

findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 1 of the safties was a bad call

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
why? It was on national TV in a playoff like atmosphere. Why doesn't it say much about him as a prospect?
intentional grounding for a safety was a bad call. The DL stuck his foot out and tripped him and the player he threw to was an eligible receiver. A double fail.
Since I cant post links:
youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=rE0PesHUFi4

9:51 mark of this video. can see #91 of syracuse stick out his right leg and trip Smith.
i.imgur.com/OVoVV.jpg

He threw at #13 who was an eligible reciever.
findthedr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:14 AM    (permalink
Grambles
Rookie

Grambles hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

If Geno has an iffy combine showing (not anticipating this) and Patterson blows it up then the chiefs first pick could surprise some people. Regardless of what some of you think the Chiefs need some help at WR even if bowe is retained. Baldwin so far is a bust, breaston is gone, DMC could be a little more productive under reid but his size limits him, Wylie still has some potential in the slot but we saw almost nothing of him last year and he could be a turd as well.

Now wether they take him #1 overall or manage to find a trade partner in the top 10 and then take him there, i'm not sure. Some of you may laugh at this however I could definitely see this as a possibility. As for QB in that scenario they could go a number of different ways such as trading a 3rd for Foles, or say if one of the top 4 QBs falls into the 2nd we could find our guy there (glennon, barkley, wilson, geno won't make it out of the first). Perhaps Bray in the 3rd? and sign a Vet. Idk

Then with our next pic in the 3rd we could go CB (Poyer, Ryan, Amerson possibly) or maybe DT/DE pending who drops.
Grambles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:21 AM    (permalink
Byrd430
Veteran

Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Been thinking about this for the past several days...

If Geno's combine doesn't impress and...say...teams fall in love with Glennon's arm --- Any chance Glennon goes #1 overall?

Thanks BoneKrusher! The Sig King!
Byrd430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:24 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrd430 View Post

If Geno's combine doesn't impress and...say...teams fall in love with Glennon's arm --- Any chance Glennon goes #1 overall?
I'd be surprised if Glennon went anywhere near #1.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:51 AM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Let's see, none.
Black Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:06 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Glennon had his shot at the Senior Bowl so it is very doubtful that he can now shoot up draft boards. What is even more interesting is 'what if no QB stands out after their pro day and all the GM's realize that none are going to be great as a pro'?
Old 02-21-2013, 02:11 PM    (permalink
bitonti
DraftBathroom.com
Veteran

bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by findthedr View Post
intentional grounding for a safety was a bad call. The DL stuck his foot out and tripped him and the player he threw to was an eligible receiver. A double fail.
Since I cant post links:
youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=rE0PesHUFi4

9:51 mark of this video. can see #91 of syracuse stick out his right leg and trip Smith.
i.imgur.com/OVoVV.jpg

He threw at #13 who was an eligible reciever.
this is an interesting first post. It could also be argued that the guard was holding #91, which is why he went tripping. I can see the case that it was a bad call but the general point is if you watch this video, he really doesn't look like the #1 overall pick.

Why Me? The Bob Lamonta Story

bitonti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 02:26 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know it's early (hell the Combine hasn't even taken place yet) but I don't get some of this talk about different guys going #1 overall.

I really think Geno is the pick at this point, but if not him then it's going to be one of the linemen.

I don't think Patterson is in play. Yes he has upside but he is extremely raw and top 10 is probably his ceiling in the draft.

If you are looking for a darkhorse pick at #1 I would go with Eric Fisher but even then a lot needs to go his way. Firstly, the Chiefs need to either fill the QB position through FA or a trade, secondly Fisher needs to blow up the combine and thirdly the Chiefs fill some holes on the defensive line while also letting Albert go

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 02:52 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Andy Reid was recently interviewed at Indy on the NFLN saying that KC has two QBs he likes and can win with. Also Reid commented everything is still in the evaluation stage on prospects for the Chiefs and how much he really wants to get Geno face to face and 'look him in the eyes', to see if they have a connection(I guess) and determine if he's going to be receptive to his coaching.

It bugs me that the draft analysts on NFLN keep repeating that NONE of these QBs are first rounders.

I'd bet at least two of them go in the first, if not three(Smith/Barkley/Glennon).

Last edited by FUNBUNCHER : 02-21-2013 at 02:56 PM.
FUNBUNCHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 03:41 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why is Tyler Wilson not mentioned with these quarterbacks? I think he'd be one of the two that Reid likes.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 04:11 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Why is Tyler Wilson not mentioned with these quarterbacks? I think he'd be one of the two that Reid likes.

No, Reid was saying there were two QBs on the Chiefs roster he feels he can win with.
Old 02-21-2013, 04:29 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
Andy Reid was recently interviewed at Indy on the NFLN saying that KC has two QBs he likes and can win with. Also Reid commented everything is still in the evaluation stage on prospects for the Chiefs and how much he really wants to get Geno face to face and 'look him in the eyes', to see if they have a connection(I guess) and determine if he's going to be receptive to his coaching.

It bugs me that the draft analysts on NFLN keep repeating that NONE of these QBs are first rounders.

I'd bet at least two of them go in the first, if not three(Smith/Barkley/Glennon).
I hope that's just speak cause if not I just got literally sick
Old 02-21-2013, 04:31 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
He doesn't get mentioned for a lot of reasons. I think the main reasons are that he was captain checkdown at the Senior Bowl and he's not going to have a long NFL career. The guy has already had 3 concussions.
Old 02-21-2013, 04:31 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
No, Reid was saying there were two QBs on the Chiefs roster he feels he can win with.
That sounds better than saying "These guys are garbage. This would have been a playoff team if Pioli had found a competent QB."
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 04:39 PM    (permalink
findthedr
Rookie

findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
this is an interesting first post. It could also be argued that the guard was holding #91, which is why he went tripping.
agree that #79 held. There was holding and tripping. There was not intentional grounding, however, since the ball was thrown to an eligible reciever (#13). The intentional grounding call in the end-zone resulted in a safety. Missed calls and bad calls on the play.

Quote:
I can see the case that it was a bad call but the general point is if you watch this video, he really doesn't look like the #1 overall pick.
There was blizzard conditions. You dont want your qb chucking the ball around in that type of situation. Even then Smith threw 2TDs and had over 200yrds. The difference in the game was the fact that Syracuse was able to rush for a season high 376yrds while WVU had 103.
findthedr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 04:47 PM    (permalink
TheMatriculator
Veteran

TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
That sounds better than saying "These guys are garbage. This would have been a playoff team if Pioli had found a competent QB."
It's time for combine...let the lies begin.

I don't actually mind being lied to even if they are obvious lies like this (Bill Walsh and Vince Lombardi couldn't win with last year's version of Matt Cassel much less Brady Quinn and Ricki Stanzi). It's just part of the game. What I mind is the nitwits that believe them.
TheMatriculator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 06:55 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
I hope that's just speak cause if not I just got literally sick
Pioli was sitting 2 feet away from him, so I wouldn't be too worried about that. Probably just throwing the guy a bone.

Still though, that interview had me coming away thinking Joeckel. I don't know if Geno Smith is good enough to win Reid over. It's not that crazy to draft Joeckel. A LT that will probably be better than a super expensive Albert locked into a low cap number for ~5 years isn't as good as a good QB, but it's better than using the pick on a QB you don't think has a shot to be a difference maker. I would just get Foles or find a stop gap. It's annoying for Chiefs fans to basically do the Cassel thing again after they finally have themselves in position to grab any QB they want, but I just don't think you can waste the pick on Geno.

*Opinion subject to change after more review of Geno tape.
Old 02-21-2013, 07:07 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiFan24 View Post
Pioli was sitting 2 feet away from him, so I wouldn't be too worried about that. Probably just throwing the guy a bone.

Still though, that interview had me coming away thinking Joeckel. I don't know if Geno Smith is good enough to win Reid over. It's not that crazy to draft Joeckel. A LT that will probably be better than a super expensive Albert locked into a low cap number for ~5 years isn't as good as a good QB, but it's better than using the pick on a QB you don't think has a shot to be a difference maker. I would just get Foles or find a stop gap. It's annoying for Chiefs fans to basically do the Cassel thing again after they finally have themselves in position to grab any QB they want, but I just don't think you can waste the pick on Geno.

*Opinion subject to change after more review of Geno tape.
Why will Joeckel "probably" be better than Albert? I've seen people say that a lot, but give no reason for it. Albert gave up one sack last year. He's given up 5 sacks over the last two years. That kind of production is hard to come by, but apparently Joeckel is already better than Albert.

Old 02-21-2013, 07:11 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Poor vidae... you must be so tired of this thread. I'm tired of it and I only peek in once in a while.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:13 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I've asked this question about 50 times and no one has answered it, yet people still come in and say "well Joeckel will prob be better than Albert herp derp" without giving any reason.

It can be a tad annoying but it isn't that bad. I find it more funny than annoying now.

Old 02-21-2013, 07:26 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm sure Joeckel will be a pretty good LT, but I'd be sort of annoyed if my team had the top pick and they used it on him. Especially if they already had a good LT.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:27 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I've asked this question about 50 times and no one has answered it, yet people still come in and say "well Joeckel will prob be better than Albert herp derp" without giving any reason.

It can be a tad annoying but it isn't that bad. I find it more funny than annoying now.
I don't remember saying herp derp. It's called scouting dude. I might not be good at it, but if you're gonna demand scientific reasoning for my opinion on a prospect, you probably shouldn't be on an NFL draft board.

And yeah, Albert is good. He's also what, 28? I'll take the 21 year old going forward. Odds are that he has a lot more good football in his future.

Not to mention, the financial aspect/years of team control is the important reason Joeckel > Albert in this line of thinking. I don't love the idea of investing heavily in a LT, but if you're gonna do it, I'd rather use the #1 pick on one in a year with no QB than hand a giant contract to a LT that will be 29 next season. Speaking on the Bears behalf, I wouldn't want to give Albert that contract.
Old 02-21-2013, 07:29 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post

So if you're the Chiefs you're getting a guy that's 7 years younger and will be getting paid a lot less money. I'm sure moves have been made for less reasons than that.

I'm with D-Unit in wondering what you're going to do with your life after the draft. You might have to take up a few hobbies.
Babylon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:32 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiFan24 View Post
I don't remember saying herp derp. It's called scouting dude. I might not be good at it, but if you're gonna demand scientific reasoning for my opinion on a prospect, you probably shouldn't be on an NFL draft board.
Scientific reasoning? People ask for reasons all the time. If you're not prepared to back up what you say then you probably shouldn't say it.

You think Joeckel will be better than Albert. Why? It really is that simple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
So if you're the Chiefs you're getting a guy that's 7 years younger and will be getting paid a lot less money. I'm sure moves have been made for less reasons than that.

I'm with D-Unit in wondering what you're going to do with your life after the draft. You might have to take up a few hobbies.
It's essentially sidestepping instead of upgrading your team. If you think Joeckel will be better than Albert, why? How much better? Money could be a consideration, so I'll buy that for the purposes of this conversation. Age too, I guess, but you don't let proven LTs walk for ONLY those reasons.

And my hobby is arguing over the internet. I'll find another fight somewhere.

Last edited by vidae : 02-21-2013 at 07:36 PM.