Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-19-2013, 01:56 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Phil Loadholt.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 03:00 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
Phil Loadholt.
I suspect Phil's going to be UNDERpaid. He was fantastic this season & isn't a "name."

Last edited by Monomach : 02-19-2013 at 04:00 AM.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:02 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Really? Let's see what I said before some big games in the gameday threads in the 49ers forum. We'll start with the most recent. The Super Bowl.

Yeah, definitely picked them to lose.

How about against Atlanta. Let's see.

Looks like I picked them to lose again. How about Green Bay?

Need I go on? I think it's quite clear at this point that this rhetoric of me picking the 49ers to lose in EVERY single big game this season is only real in the confines of your skull. Usually I never make concrete selections for the 49ers either way. Even if I do it's usually not associated with a losing connotation. More along the lines of me hoping that the team does their jobs well so they have a chance to win whatever game.
Yeah please win implying that you had no confidence in them. You never actually believed they would win either of the first two playoff games you basically just quoted. You picked them to lose the first time against GB, against Seattle the first time, against NE, probably more than that that I can't remember off the top of my head.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:07 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
Yeah please win implying that you had no confidence in them. You never actually believed they would win either of the first two playoff games you basically just quoted. You picked them to lose the first time against GB, against Seattle the first time, against NE, probably more than that that I can't remember off the top of my head.
You're making me feel really bad for Ness. I'm gonna rep him just because he's earned my respect by having to continually read crazy interpretations of innocuous things he's said without flipping out.

Last edited by Monomach : 02-19-2013 at 04:09 AM.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:15 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Um...Alex Smith is not a good quarterback.
When did I say he was?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:36 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
Oh alright we'll leave it to you to decide what I meant/believed with the words I said. Are you a detective?

Seems like you've made your decision on the matter regardless of what I say or regardless of what I did say in the past. The evidence is right in front of you. Not sure why I need to convince you anyways. Like I mentioned more than a few times, believe what you want. Maybe if I acted like a gung-ho moron regarding the 49ers assuming that they couldn't possibly lose any game ever that would "verify" my fandom in your eyes. Do you want a weekly Joe Namath guarantee? If a Bengals fan doesn't have confidence in their team winning EVERY single big game does that make them any less of a fan? Meh, whatever. Doesn't matter as your original lie about me picking the 49ers to lose in EVERY big game was false and I just proved it. You lost. Your outlandish propositions and the terrible reasoning and mincing of words from my statements that has followed them to try and justify your strawman viewpoint has been amusing at the very least. I was trying to help you, but I'll let you continue living in ignorance. Case closed.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Last edited by Ness : 02-19-2013 at 04:50 AM.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:42 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
You're making me feel really bad for Ness. I'm gonna rep him just because he's earned my respect by having to continually read crazy interpretations of innocuous things he's said without flipping out.
Appreciate it. And I agree with that "other" statement you mentioned via rep boost.

Quote:
Old 02-19-2013, 06:15 AM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Paul Kruger has a good chance of being overpaid. Don't get me wrong, he is a good pass rusher, but I'm not sure he is a top level consistent passrusher. One of these teams with open cap space and a lacking pass rush might think he is the answer and they might be disappointed. I could also see him continuing to develop and being a really good piece going forward. Love that jump move he does sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:59 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
When did I say he was?
You said he shouldn't be upset with Alex Smith considering how successful he was. I'm pointing out that Alex Smith is not a good quarterback, and he has every right to be critical of him bc of that.
Old 02-19-2013, 02:47 PM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cary Williams. If he gets more than the 5 mill a year he reportedly turned down from the Ravens last year, some GM will end up with egg on his face. Guy just isnīt very good.
Old 02-19-2013, 02:49 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

edit delete

Last edited by Menardo75 : 02-19-2013 at 04:33 PM.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 05:14 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Hopefully Goldson comes back.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 02-20-2013 at 05:55 AM.
Old 02-21-2013, 10:06 PM    (permalink
Prime Time
Rookie

Prime Time could make a wolverine purr.Prime Time could make a wolverine purr.Prime Time could make a wolverine purr.Prime Time could make a wolverine purr.Prime Time could make a wolverine purr.Prime Time could make a wolverine purr.Prime Time could make a wolverine purr.Prime Time could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Hopefully Goldson comes back.

Yup, he sure is overrated.

Prime Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:27 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, bc a highlight clip of his interceptions is proof that he's not.

It's gonna be a long offseason.
Old 02-21-2013, 10:38 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jake Long. Hate to say it, and it might very well be us, but he's not the elite LT he once was. Unfortunately.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:00 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:

Well who the hell was touting him as the next Ed Reed or Steve Atwater anyways? I know he made first team All Pro this past season, but...I still don't think a lot of people even know who he is.

Quote:
Old 02-21-2013, 11:03 PM    (permalink
Prime Time
Rookie

Prime Time could make a wolverine purr.Prime Time could make a wolverine purr.Prime Time could make a wolverine purr.Prime Time could make a wolverine purr.Prime Time could make a wolverine purr.Prime Time could make a wolverine purr.Prime Time could make a wolverine purr.Prime Time could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:

Last I checked, a highlight reel of players making big plays was a good thing. But how is he overrated though honestly I just don't get why so many people feel this way? Does he get beat deep once in a while? Sure, but what safety doesn't? Just look at his numbers since he's become a full-time starter. This guy is always on the highlight reel, and it's not just about his interceptions. He also causes a lot of fumbles and gets a ton of deflections as well. Oh yeah, and he strikes fear into receivers but we have already been over that (Colston, Hernandez, etc). The only two safeties I would probably replace him with RIGHT NOW, if I was in fantasy land would be either Earl Thomas or Eric Berry.

Old 02-21-2013, 11:03 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Well who the hell was touting him as the next Ed Reed or Steve Atwater anyways? I know he made first team All Pro this past season, but...I still don't think a lot of people even know who he is.
He's overrated in the sense that he's gonna command elite safety money and he's not an elite safety. I understand that this is how FA works and 99% of FAs are overpaid, but he's overpaid with the premise that he IS an elite safety, when he's not.

He's a good safety. But he's very replaceable.
Old 02-21-2013, 11:04 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Depends what you rate him as. I would say he's a top 5 FS, very good player overall. Great player worth Brandon Carr money, no.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:06 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime Time View Post
Last I checked, a highlight reel of players making big plays was a good thing. But how is he overrated though honestly I just don't get why so many people feel this way? Does he get beat deep once in a while? Sure, but what safety doesn't? Just look at his numbers since he's become a full-time starter. This guy is always on the highlight reel, and it's not just about his interceptions. He also causes a lot of fumbles and gets a ton of deflections as well. Oh yeah, and he strikes fear into receivers but we have already been over that (Colston, Hernandez, etc). The only two safeties I would probably replace him with RIGHT NOW, if I was in fantasy land would be either Earl Thomas or Eric Berry.
He gambles too much, plays out of position often. As a FS, I want my FS to be able to defend the slot. He can't do that. And he greatly benefits from that SF front 7. The entire SF secondary does.

That SF secondary isn't very good. But its masked by all the Cover 2 they play, and how their front 7 is able to generate so much pressure. But when the pressure isn't getting there that secondary is very mediocre.
Old 02-21-2013, 11:38 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
He's overrated in the sense that he's gonna command elite safety money and he's not an elite safety. I understand that this is how FA works and 99% of FAs are overpaid, but he's overpaid with the premise that he IS an elite safety, when he's not.

He's a good safety. But he's very replaceable.
Well, the market is the market. Goldson can't change that. I don't think he's a fraud in terms of what he does. Goldson showed flashes of potential before Harbaugh came along.

Good safety play in the NFL is really at a premium. Goldson is one of the better options at his position.

Quote:
Old 02-21-2013, 11:38 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime Time View Post
Yup, he sure is overrated.
This is why 49ers fans get so much crap.
Old 02-21-2013, 11:41 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
He gambles too much, plays out of position often. As a FS, I want my FS to be able to defend the slot. He can't do that. And he greatly benefits from that SF front 7. The entire SF secondary does.

That SF secondary isn't very good. But its masked by all the Cover 2 they play, and how their front 7 is able to generate so much pressure. But when the pressure isn't getting there that secondary is very mediocre.
Goldson has benefited a lot from his gambling ways though. And he didn't give up a pass more than 20 yards this past season. He was pretty good against the deep ball except for one blunder in the playoff game against the Falcons where he crept up to the line and let Jones run right past him for an easy touchdown. I don't know how many first downs he gave up this season. He needs to improve on a lot of the intermediate routes...I think this was his issue last season too. But he wasn't getting abused the last two years and rarely targeted. That was Whitner. At least in 2012.

The entire secondary does benefit from the front seven. At the same time they're also good players. Steve Young benefited from playing with Jerry Rice and vice versa. Both were good players in their own right though. In a passing league where teams are constantly spreading out defenses and playing up tempo with leverage in terms of the ruling, a lot of secondaries are going to seem average if the front seven isn't doing their job.

And they don't play that much Cover 2 from what I recall. Especially the corners. Brown and Culliver play off the line a good amount of the time.

As far as the 49ers are concerned, I don't see us breaking the bank for Goldson. He and his agent will probably demand a king's ransom, and I think he has earned his money to be paid as one of the top players at his position. At the same time the 49ers probably won't invest a good amount of their capital in a safety. That isn't to say that Goldson doesn't deserve a pay raise. It's just that the safety position as a whole, in my opinion, asks for more than what the position contributes to the team. Maybe. We'll either just franchise him or at worst he'll walk. If he were to leave I still believe he can be an upgrade to any team and be a decent option for them. He's a good player. Not great, but good.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 02-21-2013 at 11:57 PM.
Old 02-22-2013, 12:13 AM    (permalink
Prime Time
Rookie

Quote:

I understand where your coming from as far as coverage goes but he makes up for what he lacks in coverage in the slot through his tackling and deep ball hawking skills.. One can argue that they would rather have a safety who is a sure tackler over his coverage skills, after all isn't that what our cornerbacks are for? I still feel that it all depends on what you want in your safety and that's just your honest opinion, can't argue with that. As far as the front seven goes, yes we all know they get all the credit but there has to be something to say about the fact that our secondary still generates tons of turnovers in the air.. Not trying to go back to last year but our turnover differential was ridiculous in 2011..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiFan24 View Post
This is why 49ers fans get so much crap.
Lulz, I seen this one coming.. To be honest I've been on this board since 2007 and I would never post on this forum because I just never have the time before.. Anyway, I love to just browse through the forums and read everyone's insight because I feel like you guys are all great educated fans, but over the years I've seen some of the dumbest arguments come against niners fans.. I mean I get it there are a lot of homers on here and stuff but I feel like every team has fans like this and I for one am usually critical of my team and don't consider myself one of those fans. I'm new to posting here but I guess I'll try to keep the homerism to a minimum. Cheers bro

Old 02-22-2013, 09:46 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The 9er hate around here started like five months ago. It isn't like its run rampant around these parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote