Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 02-16-2013, 10:21 AM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
Here is my latest Titans mock offseason.

The Titans reportedly have 19.5 million in cap space for 2013. This includes free agents Bironas, Cook, Velasco, Reynaud, Marks etc. Please note all numbers are made for "easy math", salaries are estimated at being slightly frontloaded.
Running Total (Start 19.5)
Resign K Rob Bironas, 4yr/13m Spent $2.75m 16.75M
Resign C/G Fernando Velasco 1yr/2m Spent $2.0m 14.75M
Resign C/G Kevin Matthews 1yr/1m Spent $1m 13.75M
Resign RB/RS Darius Reynaud 3yr/4.5m Spent $1m 12.75M
Franchise TE Jared Cook 1yr/6m Spent $6m 6.75M
Restructure QB Matt Hasselbeck Saving $4M 10.75M
Cut C/G Eugene Amano Saving $4M 14.75M
Cut S Jordan Babineaux Saving $1.50m 16.25M
Cut WR Lavelle Hawkins Saving $2m 18.25M
All other FA's walk

FA
Sign
OG Andy Levitre 5yr 31m Cost 2.75M 15.5M
SS LaRon Landry 4yr 22m Cost 3M 12.5M
DT Glenn Dorsey 2yr 6m Cost 1.5M 11M

The rest allocated to the rookies, who are: (projected 3rd, 5th and 7th round compensatory picks)

1) DE Ezekiel Ansah 6'6" 270 BYU - After addressing the O-Line, Safety position and adding depth at DT, the Titans take a bit of a risk adding one of the more dynamic pass rushers in the draft.
2) C/G Barrett Jones 6'5" 302 Alabama - The Titans choose the versatile Jones over Warford to provide depth at both Center and Guard this season and replace either Hutch or Velasco next season if they cannot come to a reasonable contract extension with him.
3) RB Joseph Randle 6" 202 Oklahoma State - Despite larger, more durable backs being available the Titans choose the more rounded runner in Joseph Randle. He's got great hands, and great speed with decent power.
3) S Philip Thomas 6'1" 215 Fresno State - The titans grab a safety despite signing Landry, he will add depth right away and contribute on special teams
4) OT Luke Marquardt 6'9" 322 Azusa Pacific - The largest OT in the draft is also one of the more athletic. A former TE will remind many of Jared Veldheer a few years ago.
5) WR Chris Harper 6'1" 232 Kansas State - A well built-powerful WR will remind many of Anquan Boldin. Very physical and fights for the ball.
5) DE Devin Taylor 6'8" 267 South Carolina - After getting a pass rusher in the first, the Titans come back and get another to add depth. He's definitely raw and a project, but worth the selection here.
7) LB Kenny Tate 6'4" 240 Maryland - A once promising Safety prospect, he was moved to LB. He has the coverage ability and the physicality of a linebacker, a good project at this selection.
7) DT TJ Barnes 6'7" 345 GT - The Titans go size and depth on their last selection. If they can develop him great, if not it's low risk
I think this would be a pretty good offseason for us, and this draft would address many of our needs. Just some notes about the free-agency stuff:

1. You're absolutely right that we'll try to re-sign Velasco, Matthews, Bironas, and probably Reynaud. I think we'll also try to re-sign Zac Diles and Deuce Lutui as well. Both those guys played OK for us last year, both offer some versatility, and both offer us depth at positions (LB & OL) where we were really decimated by injuries last season. Plus, they'll both be cheap. As long as they aren't starting for us, they'll be OK.

2. It's looking more and more like the Bills are going to make a real play to keep Jairus Byrd and Andy Levitre. They're certainly making the cap cuts necessary to make a play by getting rid of folks like George Wilson, Nick Barnett, Terrance McGee, Donald Jones, etc. And they also look as if they might actually use their 1st Rounder on something other than a QB, which would save them $$$ too, as they just announced an open competition between Ryan Fitzpatrick and Tavaris Jackson for the starting gig next season. (I still think they draft a QB at some point.) Of course, this doesn't factor in the interest that Levitre will get from other teams. Basically...the more time that passes, the more pessimistic I'm getting about us actually winning the Levitre sweepstakes.

3. I wouldn't mind the Landry signing -- though he brings a lot of health concerns with him and he's apparently terrible in coverage. Another guy to think about that might actually make more sense for us is the aforementioned former Bills safety, George Wilson. He's a little old, but he's been extremely productive the past few seasons; and he's familiar with both Jerry Gray and Gregg Williams. Plus, Wilson visited Nashville a couple days ago and apparently left with really positive feelings about the team, the coaches, and the city. (I think someone said that he has family in the Nashville area.) Anyway...he might be a more likely signing for us than Landry.
MicktheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 11:18 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. I definitely think resigning Zac Diles and Duece Lutui. I had us resigning Velasco to start at center and eventually signing Andy Levitre to start at RG. We also resigned Matthews to provide depth on the interior line, and keep in mind we still have Mitch Petrus at OG, Kasey Studdard is also under contract at OG, plus we got a swing player in Mike Otto. I think Deuce might simply be odd man out.

2. The Bills definitely could resign Levitre, but the Bills as an organization, have generally decided to let their O-Lineman go in free agency and hope for the best. They have several positions on the team they could address and from what I've seen the Bills haven't been in contact with Levitre about an extension. Levitre himself has said he is going to test the market and go to the highest bidder. If Levitre isn't signed in FA, we could sign OG Brandon Moore (who's a little older but still a top RG in the league). We could also save that $2.75M against the cap this season and try to go after a DE or simply not use the money and go into the draft and spend a 2nd,3rd or 4th on a starting RG

3. I'm a bigger fan of Landry than most, but I think a lot of people have been down on him for reason he really couldn't control. For the Redskins, he was moved to FS after Sean Taylors death and stayed there until the 2010 season. In 2010 he injured his achilles and chose not to have surgery, instead choosing an alternative treatment. The next year his Achilles ending up failing him again and he chose to have surgery to repair it. The time he was considered a "liability in pass coverage" was when he was playing FS and actually covering WRs, when he was moved back to his natural position of SS he has been much better IMO because he is covering backs and TE's. The Jets played him at FS last season, again out of position.
The reason I chose LaRon Landry is because Gregg Williams was the defensive coordinator and Jerry Gray was DB Coach when Landry was drafted. Williams only coached him one season, but Gray coached him for 3 seasons.
Jerry Gray does have some familiarity with George Wilson from 04-05 with the Bills, but no history with Gregg Williams. Personally, I'd be fine with either. But have always been a fan of Landry and think his physicality would help transform this defense and he's 3 1/2 years younger, I think paired with a ball-hawking FS like Griffin would be his best case scenario.
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 02:47 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Dorsey could be an awesome addition. He obviously has all the talent and was plugged into a system that doesn't fit his skill set at all in KC (and even then he wasn't bad). I think a move to an even front could really do wonders for him and could tap out that talent that got him drafted so highly.
Old 02-16-2013, 04:15 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierce2walker View Post
I think Dorsey could be an awesome addition. He obviously has all the talent and was plugged into a system that doesn't fit his skill set at all in KC (and even then he wasn't bad). I think a move to an even front could really do wonders for him and could tap out that talent that got him drafted so highly.
I think he, or Sedrick Ellis are real possibilities if they want reasonable contracts.

Like you mentioned, Glenn Dorsey was completely out of position for most of his career in KC. He's only 27, and still played decent enough as a 3-4 DE in my opinion to get a chance as a 4-3 DT.

Ellis had his best season ever in his 2nd year with Gregg Williams. He'll be more highly sought after than Dorsey, but still may come at a fairly reasonable price.

Heck, I'd honestly be fine if we grabbed both of them if they came at a decent price. Dorsey is 6'1" 297 and perfect under tackle 3 technique player, Ellis is 6'1" 307 and is just a very similar player to Jurrell Casey. I think he would be the perfect compliment to Casey. Mike Martin can play either position and we could start him opposite of Casey, with Ellis rotating in for Casey and Dorsey in for Martin. Klug could rotate for either and I'd also like to practice him at DE just in case we get thin there. It'd be good to have a swing player and he played some DE at Iowa
Old 02-16-2013, 04:34 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the value that Dorsey could come at intrigues me the most. He can play UT, which we need and has the potential to be great when put into the right system. At worst, he would be a solid rotational guy. I'd much rather spend the money to bring in Dorsey than to re-sign Marks.
Old 02-16-2013, 04:45 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

I agree. I think we could get him on a shorter low-risk contract. Either way, I know I don't want Marks
Old 02-16-2013, 05:06 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Veteran

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I mentioned Dorsey a few months ago to TH in a private message about possible offseason acquisitions. I'm glad to see other people on board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 05:43 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alex View Post
I mentioned Dorsey a few months ago to TH in a private message about possible offseason acquisitions. I'm glad to see other people on board.
I just can't see any harm in it. Best case scenario you get a pro bowl caliber player, worst case you get a solid rotational player to get our starters some breathers.

Ideally, I'd love to address the grab a starting Guard, backup DT, starting SS and maybe even a backup DE and go into the draft with that.

Then we could go and take players to build our team for the future. We could even look at a TE like Travis Kelce if he's there in the 3rd, but right now I think that's a luxury we can't afford
Old 02-16-2013, 05:54 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

An intriguing defensive tackle free agent to me is Ricky Jean-Francois. He's been a back-up for the 49ers, but I think he has serious potential to rush the passer from the UT position in a 4-3. Good size and he's still young, plus he would come at a very reasonable price.
Old 02-16-2013, 06:10 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was just browsing through Scott's rankings earlier today when I happened to notice Marsalis Teague listed as his #63 out of 64 rated corners. Which made me think.....this dude at #64, Rashaan Melvin from Northern Illinois. How ****ing bad is he?! Let's hope he doesn't end up on the Tits, for all our sake.
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 06:13 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit Bull #53 View Post
I was just browsing through Scott's rankings earlier today when I happened to notice Marsalis Teague listed as his #63 out of 64 rated corners. Which made me think.....this dude at #64, Rashaan Melvin from Northern Illinois. How ****ing bad is he?! Let's hope he doesn't end up on the Tits, for all our sake.
I'm not sure, but he's got good size at 6'2" lol
Old 02-16-2013, 06:16 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm going to assume this was an error and Teague should be sitting at his rightful place of #64.
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 06:24 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone that brings in Teague for camps should just throw him out there at slot receiver.
Old 02-16-2013, 08:30 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

If we are looking to go DT in round 1, this could be an excellent year to do so. Star, Floyd, and Richardson all look like they could be top 10 values and potential studs and in all likeliness 1 or 2 of them should be sitting there at 10.
Old 02-16-2013, 09:10 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Yeah, I just don't like the thought of taking a DT at 10 unless we have to because we have Casey and Martin, which is a great young tandem. It just seems like a little too much of a luxury.

Ansah has been growing on me lately. Depending on how free agency works out, i think that would make the biggest impact on the team
Old 02-21-2013, 03:26 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

I'm starting to feel like there's a good chance Star will be available when we pick at 10.
Old 02-21-2013, 10:49 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So if Munch is to be believed, we are looking for another rb. Is Ringer a FA? He mentioned when Lendale was paired up with CJ. I wonder if power is the main thing they are looking for? Not that Lenwhale was a super power back, but they used him like that many times.

I still would like to see what the backup FB we have could do (forgot his name), but anyone have thoughts on this yeas bruisers?
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:54 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Ringer is a FA, and so is Quinn Johnson. I also think they might cut Jamie Harper.

I'd love to see us use a 3rd or 4th round pick on a guy to complement CJ. And it wouldn't necessarily have to be some burly guy. We just need a guy who is no nonsense between the tackles. A guy that will keep his legs churning and will keep his shoulders low on short yardage plays.

My man crush is on Stepfan Taylor and I'd be ecstatic if we grabbed him in the 3rd or 4th.

A couple of other guys that would pair well with CJ IMO are Zac Stacy and Johnathan Franklin.

I wouldn't even mind if we used our 3rd rounder on Marcus Lattimore if he were still on the board.
Old 02-22-2013, 10:52 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

We signed George Wilson today. It's a good move, I just hope this doesn't make us complacent at the position. Would love to still add a SS fairly early in the draft.
Old 02-22-2013, 10:59 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

what's you guys' LB situation like these days? Like would Khaseem round 2 to you guys be good and welcomed? I mean i'd pretty much be a titans fan if that happened. Just thinking, how would you feel and he be as a fit in your defense?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:01 AM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
We signed George Wilson today. It's a good move, I just hope this doesn't make us complacent at the position. Would love to still add a SS fairly early in the draft.
I agree that this is a good move. The Wilson signing addresses an obvious DEF need for this year, allows us more flexibility in the draft, and doesn't kill our cap either (2 year/$4 mil deal).

Yes...Wilson is old (age 32) and he's not the long-term solution at SS. But he's certainly an improvement over Babs, RoJohnson, and Aflava. He's supposedly a very good tackler and a decent cover-guy too -- which should allow Griffin to play exclusively at his more natural FS position rather than having to switch back and forth between positions. Wilson's a stop-gap but a good stop-gap. Plus, he's a model citizen with good leadership qualities.

I still think we address Safety in this draft -- probably in the 3rd-5th range. I'd like to get Elam, Reid, or Vacarro in the 2nd Round; but I think they'll all be gone by that point unfortunately.

Last edited by MicktheGreat : 02-22-2013 at 11:05 AM.
Old 02-22-2013, 11:03 AM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
what's you guys' LB situation like these days? Like would Khaseem round 2 to you guys be good and welcomed? I mean i'd pretty much be a titans fan if that happened. Just thinking, how would you feel and he be as a fit in your defense?
Our LB core is the strength of our team right now. Both OLBs Akeem Ayers and Zach Brown played really well last year; and MLB Colin McCarthy is good when he's healthy (which is the problem). I wouldn't be surprised if we brought in a FA to challenge McCarthy, if the coaching staff doesn't believe that he can be the full-time guy. But I'd be absolutely shocked if we drafted a LB before the late rounds (i.e. rounds 5-7).
Old 02-22-2013, 11:16 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicktheGreat View Post
Our LB core is the strength of our team right now. Both OLBs Akeem Ayers and Zach Brown played really well last year; and MLB Colin McCarthy is good when he's healthy (which is the problem). I wouldn't be surprised if we brought in a FA to challenge McCarthy, if the coaching staff doesn't believe that he can be the full-time guy. But I'd be absolutely shocked if we drafted a LB before the late rounds (i.e. rounds 5-7).
oh wow good to know and hear. I'm glad to here Ayers is playing well. I was somewhat a fan of his in college but skeptical to how he'd translate into the pros. Glad to here he's doing well for you guys
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:47 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
So if Munch is to be believed, we are looking for another rb. Is Ringer a FA? He mentioned when Lendale was paired up with CJ. I wonder if power is the main thing they are looking for? Not that Lenwhale was a super power back, but they used him like that many times.

I still would like to see what the backup FB we have could do (forgot his name), but anyone have thoughts on this yeas bruisers?
Ringer is a FA, and Sylvester Croom has said he was a compliment to CJ back there as well. Now days, I don't think a RB can have a lot of the same qualities as a back and still be considered a compliment, just some one to take away a few snaps now and then.

I've got to wonder first off, if two veterans, Shonn Greene or Rashard Mendenhall would come at a fair price, I think both have something to prove, but I'm not sure they would be willing to play backup.

In the draft, I like a lot of RBs in the middle rounds this year. I haven't really scouted them yet except watching there actual games because I tend to scout positions the Titans really need more, and then go from there. With that said, Joseph Randle is one of the my favorite backs in this class. He reminds me somewhat of Fred Jackson, just a complete RB that can do it all, I think he may be there in the 3rd.

I like Eddie Lacy, but am not willing to spend the 2nd round pick on him that you'd likely need.

I also really enjoy a few more guys, Montee Ball is just a beast, as is Stepfan Taylor. You've got Marcus Lattimore, but if he can't play this season I don't know if we will risk that.

Then you've got the two players that may be the best pure compliments to CJ in my opinion, those two players are Christine Michael and Le'Veon Bell. Le'Veon Bell is one of my favorite in the class.

And if we felt comfortable waiting, Knile Davis, Rex Burkhead, Michael Ford, Lonnie Pryor and Spencer Ware could all be steals late but also could not contribute at all.

To me, CJ hasn't really declined any. It's just not he's running the ball every down, where before White would take many of the ones that were only going to go 2-4 yards.
Old 02-22-2013, 11:49 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
Good move at a more than fair contract of 2yr/4m.

I'd still like a SS somewhere around the 3rd or 4th, but if the value isn't there I feel no pressure to do so.