Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 02-22-2013, 02:57 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

On the DT front it seems like Sharrif Floyd is gaining a ton of momentum
Old 02-22-2013, 03:05 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm just not a fan of DT #10 unless we address all other first round needs via FA
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 03:29 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it'll end up being a moot point by draft time. Sounds like Munchak and the front office are gonna try really hard to bring Sen'Derrick Marks back, which would make drafting a DT at any point in the draft pointless.

Not sure how I feel on that one.
Old 02-22-2013, 04:18 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
I think it'll end up being a moot point by draft time. Sounds like Munchak and the front office are gonna try really hard to bring Sen'Derrick Marks back, which would make drafting a DT at any point in the draft pointless.

Boo! Hopefully someone else overpays, not us!
Old 02-22-2013, 04:18 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm torn on the DT stuff. Its definitely not our top need, but there's no doubting that we need playmakers up front and it looks like there could possibly be 3 DTs with top 10 grades. I'm not a fan of going OG at 10, so the only other major option is DE. Ansah has a lot of potential, but he is also extremely raw so he comes with big time risk. Is it worth it to take a risk on a guy like Ansah if there's a DT with a top 5 grade sitting there? Not to say DT's aren't risky, but it could be a matter of BPA. Casey is good and Martin looks like he can be solid-good, but neither is a stud by any means.

Last edited by pierce2walker : 02-22-2013 at 04:21 PM.
pierce2walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 04:29 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

I'm undecided on that as well. I say we try to sign all major needs and then address the draft when it comes.

Maybe someone will want to trade up with us. I still like Kenny Vaccaro, but #10 seems a little high and I don't know if S is a major need right now.

I think depth at DE is one of the biggest needs, but I really like Cornelius Carradine in round 2.

There's a lot of talent at DT and OG in FA, and I think Casey and Martin are a great young duo so again depth is needed.
Old 02-22-2013, 04:34 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

I think the tough part about our roster is that we have a lot of solid young players at most positions, but only a couple guys who you say "I want this guy to start there the next 5+ years". The only position where we blatantly need starters is on the interior OL. I think we need difference makers regardless of position, which is why I'm all for BPA at 10 and maybe even the 2nd. We can fill depth in the middle rounds as well as FA.
Old 02-22-2013, 06:26 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

So they sound really enthused about getting Marks back? Did I miss all his good plays last year? lol I'd be fine with him coming off the bench, but the more I think about it, a playmaker in the middle would be ideal. I just remember a dominant Fat Al and wish we could get something like that again.

We may have signed a bust DE. We played Marks over Martin who looked better imo. We got some other teams trash to play DL. We took too long to line up Ayers at DE. Does the current administration know how to get a dominant DL back?
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 06:40 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
So they sound really enthused about getting Marks back? Did I miss all his good plays last year? lol I'd be fine with him coming off the bench, but the more I think about it, a playmaker in the middle would be ideal. I just remember a dominant Fat Al and wish we could get something like that again.

We may have signed a bust DE. We played Marks over Martin who looked better imo. We got some other teams trash to play DL. We took too long to line up Ayers at DE. Does the current administration know how to get a dominant DL back?
I like Wimbley, I think he had likely trained to be a OLB again and wasn't really built on strength to play DE. I expect a better season from him this season.

As for Marks, I thought he looked better last season, but are we seriously going to pay the guy what he probably wants when we could get better, more veteran guys at the same price?

This sounds to me like another Craig Stevens, Lavelle Hawkins deal where we overpay for a mediocre player
Old 02-22-2013, 06:47 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd vastly prefer any of Floyd, Lotulelei, or Richardson over Marks. Maybe that's just me. Two of those probably won't be available at ten, though.
Old 02-22-2013, 06:49 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I'd vastly prefer any of Floyd, Lotulelei, or Richardson over Marks. Maybe that's just me. Two of those probably won't be available at ten, though.
Same here, if thats the case I would gladly use my first rounder on one to see Marks walk.

I don't know what we'd pay Marks, but I would guess it'd be close to 4 times what our next highest DT gets paid
Old 02-22-2013, 06:52 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm holding out hope for Star.
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 06:55 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of Marks' production at the price tag he will demand. There could be really good value for DT at 10, so I would be happy with that because we need playmakers, period. If we are convinced a DT that's available at 10 will be a stud I say take him.
Old 02-22-2013, 07:03 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit Bull #53 View Post
I'm holding out hope for Star.
I actually am also. I like Floyd and Richardson, but I feel like some of Star's fall is because he's been ranked as a top 5 guy (arguably #1) in this draft so long that he's just been nitpicked at. Floyd and Richardson are the hot name, late riser guys who haven't had 1+ years to be scrutinized. That's not a knock on those guys, more a factor that has worked against Star.
Old 02-22-2013, 07:04 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

I like Star best, I'm a Richardson fan. I haven't watched enough of Floyd to get a real good opinion on him yet
Old 02-22-2013, 07:20 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've said before that I think Richardson is a great schematic fit for us, I just think Star's sheer size and physical tools are far too intriguing.
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 08:33 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Richardson reminds me a lot of Darnell Dockett. Nonstop motor, extreme athleticism from that position (although Docketts been 34 end now).

Star is just so strong I think pairing him next to our DEs will free them and our other DT up.

Casey and Martin are good fits for NT in the 43 system, so I think Richardson would be the best fit. But like you said Pit, Star's size and tools could enhance everyone on our D
Old 02-22-2013, 08:48 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

Yeah, I agree with both of you that Richardson's athleticism and ability to penetrate as a 43 UT fits better with the team, but Star just has the physical ability to be an absolute monster. If he lives up to his potential that's a guy you want no matter what system you run.

As of right now, Star hasn't shown as many flashes as a pass rusher, but he definitely has the tools to do it. He's really quick for a guy his size and obviously has that great strength. He lacks some moves, but you'd hope a staff can help him improve in that area.

I'd be happy with either Richardson or Floyd as they could each be great players for us, but I drool over the thought of Star in that 2-tone blue.

Last edited by pierce2walker : 02-22-2013 at 08:54 PM.
pierce2walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:38 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My DT rankings go:

1) Star Lotulelei
2) Sheldon Richardson
3) Shariff Floyd
4) Jonathan Hankins
5) Sylvester Williams
6) Kawann Short
7) Brandon Williams
8) Jessie Williams
9) John Jenkins

And I have Star, Richardson, and Floyd ranked ahead of pretty much every DE. I have Werner and Ansah as the only comparable talents. A healthy Carradine would be right behind them though. There are some DE's that I just do not like. I'm not high on DaMontre Moore (He's my 5th DE, behind Werner, Ansah, Tank, and Jordan), but I absolutely hate Barkevious Mingo. Mingo is a 2nd RD'er as far as I'm concerned.

So I'm 100% for drafting a DT, especially compared to re-signing Marks or another FA. I don't think we need depth. We have two solid starters in Casey and Martin, and a good situational DT in Klug. But I'd prefer to add an impact player in the 1st RD, and I think DT is the spot to do it.

I'd be okay with Ansah in the 1st, but we need about 2-3 bodies to add at DE. Morgan and Wimbley are both good DE's, and that especially showed when looking at their stats on passing situations. They can get after the QB. We just have no one behind them. Like, at all. I'd love to bring in a vet in FA, and then draft two DE's to develop. Tank Carradine in the 3rd (if he lasts that long) and then Quanterus Smith in the 5th would be stellar.

I like the George Wilson signing, but his age doesn't rule out a SS at some point. We may pass on the S value in the 2nd RD now in favor of drafting a rawer player later, since now we can develop him behind Wilson. Maybe look at Swearinger or Cyprien in the 4th RD.

Take an OG/C with our 2nd RD pick, and then with our possible 3rd RD comp. pick, take either another OG/C or a RB.

Sooo...

1st RD: Star/Richardson/Floyd
2nd RD: Kyle Long/Travis Frederick/Barrett Jones
3rd RD: Carradine
3rd RD: Brian Winters/Marcus Lattimore
4th RD: Swearinger/Cyprien
5th RD: Smith

Cookie should be the wild card. If he doesn't come back, then there are some good TE's in the 2nd and 3rd RD's.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 12:09 AM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

Instead of re-signing Marks I'd rather use that money to get a solid DE and then pick DT at 10. It just makes more sense in terms of draft value because like TH I have Star/Floyd/Richardson ahead of the DE's
Old 02-23-2013, 12:17 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

I think Ansah has moved to my #1 DE, I really like Moore but I'm starting to worry about his ability to put on weight and how that will translate to the NFL in a 43 D. I like Werner also, but he seemed to rely so much on just running past the guy, I don't see a top 10 pick there as much as I want to. I like his motor, I like his ability, but I don't see a top 10 pick.
Old 02-23-2013, 12:28 AM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

I'm just really not a fan of the DE's at the top of the draft. I like Ansah and Werner the best, but Werner doesn't really amaze me and Ansah is just so damn risky because he's based all on potential. On the other hand, there are multiple DT's that are very impressive.
Old 02-23-2013, 12:33 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Maybe we could go Star/Richardson round 1, Carradine Rd 2, JJ Wilcox Rd 3, B.Winters Rd 3, Le'Veon Bell Rd 4
Old 02-23-2013, 12:36 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
Sooo...

1st RD: Star/Richardson/Floyd
2nd RD: Kyle Long/Travis Frederick/Barrett Jones
3rd RD: Carradine
3rd RD: Brian Winters/Marcus Lattimore
4th RD: Swearinger/Cyprien
5th RD: Smith

Cookie should be the wild card. If he doesn't come back, then there are some good TE's in the 2nd and 3rd RD's.
Personally, I think Carradine will be long gone by the 3rd. I think when all is said and done he will be a late first to mid 2nd. Swearinger and Cyprien are the same, I think Cyprien will be early 2nd to late 2nd and Swearing late 2nd to mid 3rd
Old 02-23-2013, 12:58 AM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

If we go DT in the 1st I'd like to address DE, S, OG, and maybe CB in rounds 2-4. The order in which we pick them I'd just base off of what has the best value at that particular pick.