Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-13-2013, 05:12 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VernonLawson89 View Post
F**K YOU PHILLY!!!

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora
Eagles announce hiring of Tom Gamble from 49ers as VP of personnel. Big move to boost their talent evaluation.
Menardo is my roommate and he feels the same way. Said it is an amazing hire for us. Would assume Roseman is a little uncomfortable right now because Gamble is a GM candidate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 05:54 PM    (permalink
Azhais
Rookie

Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Zod View Post
As expected, Leslie Frazier gets a contract extension...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...kings-contract
I think this was just the Vikings picking up his 2014 option to avoid 2013 being a "lame duck" season, not an actual extension.
Azhais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 05:56 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did Philly hire a DC yet?
Old 02-13-2013, 06:11 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhais View Post
I think this was just the Vikings picking up his 2014 option to avoid 2013 being a "lame duck" season, not an actual extension.
Yeah I guess I should have worded it, "Gets his contract extended" would have been more accurate.

http://www.change.org/petitions/trac...share_petition
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 06:35 PM    (permalink
asdf1223
Veteran

asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Did Philly hire a DC yet?
Yup. Bill Davis is their new DC.
Old 02-17-2013, 09:26 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Michigan State second-year offensive coordinator Dan Roushar is leaving to become running backs coach for the New Orleans Saints, MSU confirmed today. MSU released the following statement from Roushar: “The New Orleans Saints and Michigan State are built on similar models, with a focus on character and people. New Orleans has won a Super Bowl, and over the last five years, the Saints have been one of the winningest organizations in the NFL. I’ve had an opportunity to work for Mark Dantonio – in my opinion, the best college football coach in America – for the last eight years, including the last six seasons at Michigan State. Now, I have an opportunity to work for arguably the best coach in the NFL, in Sean Payton. Professionally, this is an opportunity I simply couldn’t pass up. Now as a running backs coach, I have the chance to learn the interworking of the NFL.
http:// www.freep.com/article/20130216/SPORTS07/130216024/michigan-state-dan-roushar-football-new-orleans-saints?odyssey=nav%7Chead
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:55 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bill Davis has said that the Eagles will not be running a true 3-4 and will run a 4-3 under look similar to what is being ran in Seattle. More of a hybrid defense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 12:49 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lmao, not that I that I think we are scumbags, but given our past season and offseason, I did chuckle at "The New Orleans Saints and Michigan State are built on similar models, with a focus on character and people"
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 05:03 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's an ex-coach:
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:10 AM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
Ive had an opportunity to work for Mark Dantonio in my opinion, the best college football coach in America for the last eight years, including the last six seasons at Michigan State. Now, I have an opportunity to work for arguably the best coach in the NFL, in Sean Payton.
This dude might be an idiot. Beware, Saints fans.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 05:13 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

<---------

Ed Werder ?@Edwerderespn
Rams coach Jeff Fisher says Rob Ryan told him he was leaving to work for Sean Payton by walking in office and dropping keys on his desk
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 05:43 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
<---------

Ed Werder ?@Edwerderespn
Rams coach Jeff Fisher says Rob Ryan told him he was leaving to work for Sean Payton by walking in office and dropping keys on his desk
Strangely believable. I can also see him howling like a wolf as he walked out the door.

Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 03:51 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ravens bringing in Steve Spagnuolo as a senior defensive assistant.
Old 10-01-2013, 05:19 PM    (permalink
Eazy Picks
Veteran

Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

candidates to replace Schiano?
Eazy Picks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 06:20 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If they're smart, they don't get rid of Schiano.

That team is filled with players who are whiners. Left overs from the old regime. Whenever a disciplinarian comes to town after a soft HC he's gonna get a ton of resistance by the players and the media will turn around and use that as ammo to create headlines.

The players play hard for Schiano. They lost close games. Give them a competent qb and they could be 3-1 right now instead of 0-4.

Give Schiano time to mold his team. Ignore the noise by crappy players with attitudes. **** em. They have no future anyway.
Old 10-02-2013, 01:46 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
If they're smart, they don't get rid of Schiano.

That team is filled with players who are whiners. Left overs from the old regime. Whenever a disciplinarian comes to town after a soft HC he's gonna get a ton of resistance by the players and the media will turn around and use that as ammo to create headlines.

The players play hard for Schiano. They lost close games. Give them a competent qb and they could be 3-1 right now instead of 0-4.

Give Schiano time to mold his team. Ignore the noise by crappy players with attitudes. **** em. They have no future anyway.
Believable in a vacuum, but in reality you need to have a united front to win games. When guys like Revis are not on board, and despite the headlines I think it's pretty clear he's not, then the whole ship is in desperate need of a course correction.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 02:23 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There's also the argument to be made that coaches matter most in close games, since that's when major gameday decisions are most critical, and thus Sciano is a large reason why they are 0-4. Ron Rivera also has a god awful record in close games.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 02:25 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

The problem I have is, if he lost the team, why are they playing in close games to begin with?

To me it's clear that they're playing hard for the guy. When your qb is dog ****, you're not gonna win games.

If he lost the team I would imagine them getting blown out every week but all of his losses have been close.
Old 10-02-2013, 02:26 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Also his streak of losses ties directly into the recent trend of abysmal qb play for his team. When Freeman was doing well in the beginning of the season last year his team was doing well.

Once he took a nosedive, it all went downhill from there.
Old 10-02-2013, 02:29 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It seems like a lot of the Schiano defense seems to be coming from New Jersey.
WCH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 02:43 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I've seen Coughlin go through the same witch hunt. When the media hates you, they go to extremes to paint an ugly picture of you.

It's part of the reason why I despise the media. Schiano treats the media like crap and this is their way of pay back.
Old 10-02-2013, 03:20 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think that's a fair point. Schiano took over a ****** team in Tampa. Gruden left the team with no young talent at all, and the guy who took over for him (I seriously can't even remember his name) was obviously in waaaaaay over his head.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 03:21 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How could you forget the infallible Raheem Morris?

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 03:32 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If I recall correctly, the Bucs loved Morris too. Probably because there was very little structure or organization there during his tenure. Heard things about players missing meetings regularly. Seems he cultivated a culture that instilled guys didn't have to work hard during the week. Schiano may have to fall on the sword for those issues. It's not exactly fair, but he's had an entire season to get the players to buy into his way of doing things and it's clearly not working. It's not even heading in the right direction at the moment. May not be his fault, but it's far easier to replace the coaching staff than it is to entirely rebuild your roster.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 08:10 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Is it fair to say that his way isn't working though?

The Bucs play hard every week. The wins aren't there, but they damn sure are trying. They lost all close games, and if their qb wasn't an asshat who partied constantly and had terrible work ethic maybe they'd be 4-0 instead of 0-4 right now.

I think Schiano is getting a bad rap. Especially since he treats the media like crap so their way of getting payback on him is to exaggerate everything he does.

The team is playing hard. That's a start. He's slowly getting rid of the problems on the team. It's a process. The Giant players hated Coughlin for his first 3 years on the team before he won them over.

Any time a team gets soft from the old regime, the new regime needs time to weed out the garbage and build from within. Schiano needs time. It's unfair to blame him for this mess.

Look at Josh Freeman. It's pretty obvious to me that he's been babied and coddled and he's been a terrible teammate for a long time. It's starting to come out now and everyone is acting like he's a victim. Josh Freeman is a turd.

Schiano deserves another year. If he sucks next year fine. But he deserves another year.