Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 02-21-2013, 10:58 PM    (permalink
Spartan4224
Rookie

Spartan4224 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSpartan4224 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSpartan4224 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSpartan4224 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSpartan4224 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSpartan4224 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSpartan4224 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSpartan4224 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSpartan4224 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSpartan4224 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSpartan4224 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
You mean go back to the only game in his career that he did anything? You can point to one game and say he can be like Clowney. I can point to 35 games and say he can't. His game against Georgia was ridiculous, but he's shown nothing else in his career to indicate that he is capable of consistently replicating that performance.
Are you an idiot or just don't know how to read. I said IF he played like he did in the Outback Bowl in the rest of his games Clowney would be compared to him. But he didn't so he's not. I was pointing out his potential not his actual career to this point. Please learn how to read before you argue a point.
Spartan4224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 03:54 PM    (permalink
ndbigdave
Rookie

ndbigdave hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Anytime we try to make "comparisons" people get a bit picky. It wouldnt be far off (for me) to compare him to Dunlap, with admitted differences. Dunlap certainly appeared more explosive, but I see other similarities in play and their situations. Dunlap and Gholston seemed to take a step back in their Jr year, both have red flags of one variety or another, but both have higher-end measurables and at least SOME production to justify looking at them in RD2 (I personally liked Dunlap in RD1 even with the flags).

Ill be curious to read how Gholston does in the interviews, how he measures out and times as I would definitely give a strong look in RD2 with either a 4 or 3 man front.
ndbigdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 06:56 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan4224 View Post
Are you an idiot or just don't know how to read. I said IF he played like he did in the Outback Bowl in the rest of his games Clowney would be compared to him. But he didn't so he's not. I was pointing out his potential not his actual career to this point. Please learn how to read before you argue a point.
The reason I think people really don't like the Clowney comparison, even on potential, is because they were NEVER similar players. Not as collegians or as prep stars.

Gholston has the ability to be a good pro player, but there's really no comparison between him and an athlete like Clowney; his movement skills, awareness/instincts, athleticism, explosiveness and game speed are rare and Gholston just isn't on that level.

The only comparison I see is height and the position they play.

As for the Dunlap comparison, people forget that Dunlap is one of the most athletic DEs in the game and could run a 4.6 at 6'6, 275-280# at Florida.
Dunlap's tag has been underachiever, not lack of ability.

Gholston isn't a super athlete at DE, which is the comparison I see people making when they compare him to players like Clowney and Dunlap.

If Gholston improves his strength and gains about 10# I see a very good 34 DE with the ability to penetrate.
Old 02-22-2013, 11:44 PM    (permalink
bigbenn
Veteran

bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.

I like Gholston. He has the potential to dominate assuming he doesn't get in trouble.
bigbenn is offline   Reply With Quote