Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy > NFL Forum Mock > Forum Mock Archive

Old 02-22-2013, 06:30 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
Then how did I go from $15.6 million in cap space to $10.6 million when all I did was sign two ERFA?
Hm, must be a mistake. It should be $14.6 + the $2.2 from your last email. So $16.8. My bad.
Old 02-22-2013, 06:32 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

By the way, just a heads-up: I'm a little bit behind in terms of updating the free agent list right now, because I'm working on all the signings. When I announce the first wave signings on Sunday, I'll post an updated free agent list.
Old 02-22-2013, 06:41 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If anybody wants Carson Palmer I'd be willing to trade him for a 2nd or 3rd possibly

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Winston > Mariota

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 06:43 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
If anybody wants Carson Palmer I'd be willing to trade him for a 2nd or 3rd possibly

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 06:43 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mark Ingram and Chris Ivory are on the trade block as well.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 06:46 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm realizing I know very little about how player contracts work.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 07:00 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulibflower View Post
I'm realizing I know very little about how player contracts work.
Feel free to PM me if you have any questions. I won't pretend to know everything, but I can at least help you figure out how we're determining things in the mock.
Old 02-22-2013, 08:28 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What time are our FA lists due? What time tomorrow?

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 09:20 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
What time are our FA lists due? What time tomorrow?
Sunday at noon.
Old 02-22-2013, 11:04 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
The problem with that is: would you rather take a three-year deal worth $8 million or a one-year deal worth $3 million? In that regard, the total value looks more important.
How much realism will be factored into the years of a contract? Knowing there's no harm in this offseason signing someone to a 8yr/40 deal when you really just want to give them a 4yr/20m deal, but knowing the total value of a contract is the deciding factor?

I just don't want to lose out on some 32 year old because someone gave him a 40m contract worth 5m a year and I was only going to give him a 18m over 3 years.

Will you factor in that most 32 year olds will likely only play until they are 35?
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:21 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also, will you be keeping track to make sure no team goes over the cap in the process of FA
Old 02-23-2013, 07:33 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
How much realism will be factored into the years of a contract? Knowing there's no harm in this offseason signing someone to a 8yr/40 deal when you really just want to give them a 4yr/20m deal, but knowing the total value of a contract is the deciding factor?

I just don't want to lose out on some 32 year old because someone gave him a 40m contract worth 5m a year and I was only going to give him a 18m over 3 years.

Will you factor in that most 32 year olds will likely only play until they are 35?
So far no one's offered anything outrageous like an eight-year deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
Also, will you be keeping track to make sure no team goes over the cap in the process of FA
Yeah, although I wouldn't recommend that people send me offers which would put them way over the cap.
Old 02-23-2013, 10:11 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Just a reminder: please make your FA offers include a minimum offer of $1 million per season. No offers less than that will be accepted. Also, not every player will sign during the first wave!
Old 02-23-2013, 11:49 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

All up-to-date on the offers in so far, so I should be able to start posting free agent destinations early tomorrow afternoon following the 12:00 deadline.
Old 02-23-2013, 12:25 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Has mostly everyone turned it in?
Old 02-23-2013, 12:27 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm finalizing mine right now.

Old 02-23-2013, 12:30 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachsaints52 View Post
Has mostly everyone turned it in?
For the most part. It's hard to tell if some teams aren't going to send theirs in or what though. Some people may not want to make offers.
Old 02-23-2013, 12:32 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I'm finalizing mine right now.
You know Jake Longs available right?

Old 02-23-2013, 12:39 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachsaints52 View Post
You know Jake Longs available right?
I don't get it.

And mine was just sent in.

Old 02-23-2013, 12:49 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Darren McFadden is still in the block...

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Winston > Mariota

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 12:52 PM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll send mine in tonight.

Compliments of TACKLE

Gamertag/PSN: theboywonder44
TheBoyWonder22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 01:02 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just sent mine in.
Old 02-23-2013, 01:03 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Roman Harper is available. Looking for a 6th or 7th rounder.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 05:02 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Still waiting on a few more, but a handful of GMs have let me know that they will be submitting theirs tonight.
Old 02-23-2013, 05:04 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
Still waiting on a few more, but a handful of GMs have let me know that they will be submitting theirs tonight.
Did you get mine for the Titans? Just wanted to make sure