Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-22-2013, 10:32 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs View Post
Last time the next gen consoles came out Madden was absolutely brutal. Almost unplayable.
It's like that every time. Every single time.

The sports games are usually stripped down versions of the game the first year. Happened from Genesis/SNES to PS/Saturn/N64, happened with PS/Saturn/N64 to PS2/XBox/Dreamcast (2k games), it happened from PS2/XBox to PS3/360... It's kind of been happening for a long time.
Old 02-23-2013, 09:41 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One can only hope about Madden right. But still stoked about the ps4 though. Will be a fun system.
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 10:02 AM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i have a question. why don't they just make an app that allows users to connect with other users while they're not online. like a messaging app for ps4 users. you could see what games they're playing, messaging friends, chat with friends. could be useful for war games too(clan battles)
Old 02-23-2013, 10:27 AM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Sony wants to be dominant again, I think they have got to create partnerships to create those "flagship games." I think back to when PS2 was out...before it could really go online, and the PS2 was competing with the XBOX even though it did have Live. As I mentioned, PS exclusives like Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, God of War etc...all games were awesome...people still go back and replay them. What have they got now? Uncharted? I'm know there are a few more but that is all I can name off the top of my head.

If Sony wants to get back on top, the key is going to be this cloud gaming and the new games that come out with it. If I can go back and play maybe any PS1-PS3 game from the cloud I would be happy (as long as prices are reasonable!). I think a lot of other people would be happy too. As far as games go, they need those exclusives that EVERYONE wants to play. I.E. Halo/Gears of War...I bought a 360 at one point really for Halo and almost did it again when Halo 4 came out. Playstation needs games like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:05 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearfan View Post
What have they got now? Uncharted? I know there are a few more but that is all I can name off the top of my head.
Uncharted,Heavy Rain,inFAMOUS,Demon's Souls,God of War,Sly,Little Big Planet,Ratchet & Clank,Journey,Beyond:Two Souls,The Last of Us,The Unfinished Swan and Ni No Kuni to name a few.

The PS3 lacked games in the beginning but that isn't the case now.

Last edited by Splat : 02-23-2013 at 11:07 AM.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 01:26 AM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

watch dogs looked pretty sick nasty

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 01:41 AM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Uncharted,Heavy Rain,inFAMOUS,Demon's Souls,God of War,Sly,Little Big Planet,Ratchet & Clank,Journey,Beyond:Two Souls,The Last of Us,The Unfinished Swan and Ni No Kuni to name a few.

The PS3 lacked games in the beginning but that isn't the case now.
The point I was making though is that none of those games help define the console. An example is all of the Halo/Gears of War extras that are sold outside of the game. Tee shirts, figurines etc...How many games has PS3 had that have that type of consumer buy in? Maybe little big planet?

I am a KH die hard, but they have kept that brand alive. The last ps2 game came out 8 years ago, but memorabilia was still being sold 2 years ago. Tee shirts, keychains, blankets...you name it they had it. Maybe some of this was continued on thru the handheld games, but the KH2 stuff was being sold.

It is those types of games that IMO help define a consoles success. The ones that extend beyond the console.

Hopefully PS will have those types of games again. Otherwise, I think that the continuation of the Halo series and GOW series will shape the market towards xbox.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 01:42 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm very disappointed. The PS4 looks pretty weak. The hardware (from what we know thus far) is nothing special. There is no reason this console should be over $400 dollars. Even that is pushing it.

No backwards compatibility (cloud streaming is stupid), looks like a super craptastic game lineup and it even sounds like Sony is waiting to release their full hardware specs because they're admittedly waiting to see what Microsoft does.

I don't really care too much about hardware on consoles, though. When will console makers realize its ALL ABOUT THE GAMES. Make amazing games and you will likely succeed. And don't overprice your console.

If the PS4 or new Xbox are over $400 I will certainly not be buying them.
Old 02-24-2013, 02:06 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
I don't really care too much about hardware on consoles, though. When will console makers realize its ALL ABOUT THE GAMES. Make amazing games and you will likely succeed. And don't overprice your console.
No way man! It's all about social media!
Old 02-24-2013, 02:59 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
No way man! It's all about social media!
Haha, it's so lame. I mean, I enjoy having useful applications on my console. When I'm busy at school, 90% of the time I use my XBOX for stuff like Netflix, TV, ESPN, and non-gaming stuff, whereas when I have time off from school I use it for games almost entirely.

Having apps and such are good, and if that includes social media, whatevs. But trying to base your entire launch of a system based on mostly this is idiotic. Especially when your competitor pretty much dominates that field.
Old 02-24-2013, 09:04 AM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does this touch pad actually light up kinda like phones? Or does it stay black and you just touch it?

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 03:33 AM    (permalink
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Has anything been mentioned about the ability to play used games? I read somewhere that the next gen xbox was rumored to have some sort of software that would constantly be running and connected to the internet to check for a unique registration key in order for the game to work, effectively making games only playable on one console and killing the used game market. Is the PS4 going to have anything like this or will I be able to continue to collect $1 when I trade in games?
Old 02-26-2013, 04:54 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgerbacker View Post
Has anything been mentioned about the ability to play used games? I read somewhere that the next gen xbox was rumored to have some sort of software that would constantly be running and connected to the internet to check for a unique registration key in order for the game to work, effectively making games only playable on one console and killing the used game market. Is the PS4 going to have anything like this or will I be able to continue to collect $1 when I trade in games?
Sony said they're not going to do a game lock like that.

Still not buying one unless this cloud streaming **** is both flawless and free. The lack of backward compatibility is a deal-breaker.
Monomach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:57 AM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Sony said they're not going to do a game lock like that.

Still not buying one unless this cloud streaming **** is both flawless and free. The lack of backward compatibility is a deal-breaker.
When is the last time you played a PS2 game? I don't understand why people think backwards compatibility is a huge deal. If you want it then you already have a PS3. This means you can play the game.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote