Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-19-2013, 10:09 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Putting aside his "bust status", OT Jason Smith earned a +4.6 @PFF run block grade and allowed just 1 sack this season in 265 snaps. #Jets
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:26 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Putting aside his "bust status", OT Jason Smith earned a +4.6 @PFF run block grade and allowed just 1 sack this season in 265 snaps. #Jets
He's a right tackle, and we're set there. I have a decent question about the right tackle position though. Since we saw Barclay play well at right tackle and our running game improved so if we experiment with Bulaga on the left side and he doesn't work there, do we let him walk after the 2014 season instead of giving him a contract extension?

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:08 PM    (permalink
Pack_Attack_4
Rookie

Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.

What about Derick Sherod u guys think he will get a chance to play LT for us?
Pack_Attack_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:10 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pack_Attack_4 View Post
What about Derick Sherod u guys think he will get a chance to play LT for us?
He'll get a shot for sure...I think Newhouse, Bulaga and Sherrod should battle it out for the left side and may the best man win

Old 02-20-2013, 04:40 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How would Connor Barwin or Louis Delmas look in a Packer uniform?
What about TE Jared Cook?

These are 3 guys I would love to see added to the Packers.
Old 02-20-2013, 05:06 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm basically an idiot, but at the time I wanted Connor Barwin over Clay.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 06:35 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
I'm basically an idiot, but at the time I wanted Connor Barwin over Clay.
It's funny, a lot of people did!
A lot of people also, IIRC, wanted Aaron Maybin.
Old 02-21-2013, 05:13 PM    (permalink
Pack_Attack_4
Rookie

Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.

Quote:
How would Connor Barwin or Louis Delmas look in a Packer uniform?
What about TE Jared Cook?

These are 3 guys I would love to see added to the Packers.
Cook reminds me of Finly too much, Delmas i would like if healthy, and Barwin i would love to have him and Clay plus Perry would give us 3 guys that can get after the passer.
Old 02-21-2013, 05:49 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pack_Attack_4 View Post
Cook reminds me of Finly too much, Delmas i would like if healthy, and Barwin i would love to have him and Clay plus Perry would give us 3 guys that can get after the passer.
What do you mean Cook reminds you of Finley too much?
You mean in terms of size? Speed?
Or reminds you of Finley's moodiness?

I think Cook is a better version of Finley and can be had for less $ than Finley gets.

(Even with my username)
Old 02-22-2013, 11:43 AM    (permalink
Pack_Attack_4
Rookie

Quote:
What do you mean Cook reminds you of Finley too much?
You mean in terms of size? Speed?
Or reminds you of Finley's moodiness?

I think Cook is a better version of Finley and can be had for less $ than Finley gets.

(Even with my username)
Hes a recving TE just like Finley so i dont see the need of spending money on a guy when we have one just like him allready.
Old 02-22-2013, 06:52 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chris Canty will meet with da Packers and Jags according to PFT. Hmm I know we were interested a few years back...

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 10:08 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Finley is expected back now.

Old 02-23-2013, 01:31 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Finley is expected back now.

I'm glad which many of you may think is odd. He can be so good. He drops a lot yes but I remember hearing Jordy drops as many if not more. You just don't hear about that because its Jordy. All I want is him to just shut up and ball. But I'm not sure if he can handle being quite. He is still very young so I hold out hope he will mature.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
Old 02-23-2013, 03:51 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Te'o said during his presser today that he met with the Packers

RB Monte Ball has also spoken with GB

USC WR Robert Woods is expected to meet with GB during the combine as well
Old 02-24-2013, 07:44 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Jerel Worthy.

He obviously provided less than we hoped for last year, for a borderline 1st rd prospect.
Then he finished his season on Dec 30 with the dreaded ACL tear.
Andrew Quarless tore his on Dec 4 the year before and missed all of the next year.

Adrian Peterson 2012 aside, this injury usually means a player doesn't bounce back and resemble his pre-ACL play for 2 seasons.
In Worthy's case, that pre-ACL play was negligible.

Anyone think that this guy will ever become a + force for us on the DL?

I was wondering why so many mocks have us taking a DL high again, but I'm beginning to see the light that Worthy might never give us anything good despite being a high pick.
At least he wasn't the 1st round pick like Harrell was.
Old 02-24-2013, 07:49 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Worthy had a motor that ran hot and cold in college, he got to Green Bay and displayed a lack of discipline on the football field, and now needs to be dedicated to rehabbing from a serious knee injury. Let's talk about him again around this time next year. If he's in shape and at the facilities trying to get better, but if he's ballooning then I'll continue my skepticism of him.

Old 02-24-2013, 04:55 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Packers are contemplating whether or not to franchise tag Jennings

Old 02-24-2013, 07:42 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Packers are contemplating whether or not to franchise tag Jennings
I don't see the sense unless they think a long-term deal can be worked out eventually. There is good depth on the roster at WR and while there aren't a lot of premiere talents in this draft there seem to be quite a few that would be good fits in this offense that will be available in rounds two or three.

I think franchising him with no intent in negotiating a long-term contract is only going to create a distraction. I say make your best offer for a new contract and let him test the market. There is always the chance that he won't like what he finds when he hits the market and comes back to the situation he knows instead of gambling on a new team.
Old 02-24-2013, 09:21 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

I'd be shocked if he was back.
If Thompson gives him anywhere near what those terms are that he is asking for, I will be very disappointed.
And I love Jennings.

But what TimmG said, I agree with..... we haev plenty of young talent at WR in the trio of Cobb, Jordy & Jones. And I like what I see in Ross and Boykin.

IMO, that big chunk of $ needs to go to upgrade the defense first & foremost, and the OL second.
Kicker third. Save money there and upgrade, younger.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:00 AM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

Dude give Worthy a break... the guy is a rookie and your already calling him a bust. You have got to be kidding me. I mean he wasn't spectacular or anything but I did see things I liked at times.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
Old 02-25-2013, 01:31 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Cullen Jenkins was cut earlier today...any chance we see him in green and gold again?

Old 02-25-2013, 01:35 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't mind that at all, depending on the cost of course. I'm hoping it happens, especially with Worthy likely out for much of this upcoming season after surgery

I seriously am starting to think that the Packers may cut Finley, Tag Jennings and then take a TE at some point in the draft. REmember to, they should have Quarless back for this season and back in 2011 he was showing a lot of promise(and was becoming very good at blocking)
Old 02-25-2013, 05:01 PM    (permalink
EvilMonkey
Veteran

EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Cullen Jenkins was cut earlier today...any chance we see him in green and gold again?
Depending on cost, but I'd love to give him a shot and hope he still has enough left in the tank. Losing him was huge
Old 02-27-2013, 02:39 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilMonkey View Post
Depending on cost, but I'd love to give him a shot and hope he still has enough left in the tank. Losing him was huge
Yes it was.

I hear Chris Canty is seen to be a liklier option for us than Jenkins. I'd take either, whoever is cheaper.

What are we going to do with Finley & Hawk?

I'd like to extend Finley and lower his cap # this year.
Hawk, seems we're tied by thad bad contract, but if anyone would be willing to let us redo it, shift some money around, I think he might be. Ted has been loyal to him.

We could draft a kicker in Rd 5, 6, or 7 and save $2 million +, and get a better kicker.
The kid from Florida sounds like a big upgrade.
Old 02-27-2013, 07:31 PM    (permalink
Pack_Attack_4
Rookie

Jonny Jolly just got reinstated think we give him another shot?