Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-24-2013, 05:41 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alex Smith will win the starting job of the Chiefs and be the backup next year.

You really think Geno is going to give you a better chance to win?
Old 02-24-2013, 05:45 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post

Considering Alex Smith is trash? Yeah, I'd take 3-4 of the QBs from this draft over Alex Smith right now and not think twice.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 05:46 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Considering Alex Smith is trash? Yeah, I'd take 3-4 of the QBs from this draft over Alex Smith right now and not think twice.
waaaahhht? thats cray. But maybe you see something I don't.
Old 02-24-2013, 05:54 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

...and I don't blame him.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 05:57 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's hard for me to even get mad anymore. I've never seen my team in a Super Bowl and a move like this will just ensure we won't get close over the next few years.

I won't get mad, it'll just be the same thing we've always done, and it won't work. I'd just resign myself to the fact it will never change.

Old 02-24-2013, 06:10 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm sorry Vidae.

:(

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 06:17 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
My source says it's the Chiefs for #34. A condition of the trade was a 4 year extension with 14m guaranteed.
that's incorrect, it's for their 3rd rounder.
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 06:37 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow. That's still a great haul for the Niners. And I wonder where Geno Smith will be going now...
Old 02-24-2013, 06:42 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
Wow. That's still a great haul for the Niners. And I wonder where Geno Smith will be going now...
We don't even know what they are getting how is it great?

Last edited by Splat : 02-24-2013 at 07:00 PM.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 06:48 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
that's incorrect, it's for their 3rd rounder.
Or next year's first?
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 06:50 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
We don't even know what they are getting how is it a great?
True, but at least considering the value. Since he was disgruntled and they already have their QB in place, I just figured they would get less.
Old 02-24-2013, 07:12 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
True, but at least considering the value. Since he was disgruntled and they already have their QB in place, I just figured they would get less.
Again, we don't know what the trade is for, so get less than what?

Old 02-24-2013, 07:14 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I won't get mad, it'll just be the same thing we've always done, and it won't work. I'd just resign myself to the fact it will never change.
DeBerg, Montana, Bono, Grbac... and now Smith? Starting another run of former 49er QB's? Tolzien in 2016?

All joking aside... I still think you guys should take Geno #1 overall, you know that. I like Alex, but I'd be disappointed too if I were in your shoes.
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 09:30 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by farfromforgotten View Post
DeBerg, Montana, Bono, Grbac... and now Smith? Starting another run of former 49er QB's? Tolzien in 2016?

All joking aside... I still think you guys should take Geno #1 overall, you know that. I like Alex, but I'd be disappointed too if I were in your shoes.
Yeah we love 49er QBs for some reason, haha.

And honestly, if the trade was for a 4th or 5th, I wouldn't be disappointed at all. That doesn't mean we wouldn't draft Geno too. But if it's a 2nd or 3rd? Geno is clearly off the table in that scenario, and that is sadbeans.

Old 02-24-2013, 09:34 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

chiefs. wat r u doin? chiefs. stahp
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 09:43 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Please get a third round pick for Alex Smith. That would be awesome.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 09:52 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Again, we don't know what the trade is for, so get less than what?
Okay, HYPOTHETICALLY, if it is for the Chiefs' 3rd round pick, then that would be great. Happy?
Old 02-24-2013, 09:58 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the Chiefs give up a 4th or 5th round pick for Smith (I'm guessing it's a 4th) and end up drafting Geno Smith I don't see how you could be disappointed. You'd have your quarterback to groom for the future and then you'd have Smith who at least wouldn't be as bad as Matt Cassel and could serve as good mentor for Geno or actually give you a chance to win a game just by not throwing it away figuratively speaking.

Quote:
Old 02-24-2013, 10:11 PM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post

It's not about winning next year. It's about preparing for the future. I'd rather have my #1 overall QB playing and gaining experience than sitting on the bench and "developing".
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 10:18 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mufasa View Post
It's not about winning next year. It's about preparing for the future. I'd rather have my #1 overall QB playing and gaining experience than sitting on the bench and "developing".
So would I, if he came in like Luck, or RG3, or Manning(s).

But this isn't any of them, this is a meh Qb, who might be good. Why not improve his chances by coaching him up, knowing he ready to play, before throwing him in.

Each situation is different. Hey I could be wrong and he could light it up in training camp. If he wins against a mediocre Qb, I wouldn't be upset. If he wins against Brady Quinn, whats that really prove?
Old 02-24-2013, 11:45 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
If the Chiefs give up a 4th or 5th round pick for Smith (I'm guessing it's a 4th) and end up drafting Geno Smith I don't see how you could be disappointed. You'd have your quarterback to groom for the future and then you'd have Smith who at least wouldn't be as bad as Matt Cassel and could serve as good mentor for Geno or actually give you a chance to win a game just by not throwing it away figuratively speaking.
I'm more than fine with this scenario. I don't mind Geno learning from someone like Alex for half a year/year at all. Alex is familiar with a WCO and Geno needs to learn it.

If we give up a 3rd for him though it's pretty clear that they have no intention of using the 1st overall pick to draft a QB. And that is what upsets me.

As a backup/teacher for a young QB, Smith is fine. So is Foles.

I don't want either of those guys as the long term answer in KC though.

Old 02-25-2013, 12:07 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

I wouldn't use a second year player like Foles as a teacher...maybe a backup. But the amount they are charging for him is ridiculous.

I don't think they are the long term answers. What depth does KC have? can they get anyone decent in FA to compete with the guy you are drafting? If this was like elite talent guys then i would agree super dumb move, but its not.

I hope they didnt' give up more than a 4th and conditional 6th next year.
Old 02-25-2013, 12:22 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

NFL.com’s Albert Breer reported a high-ranking San Francisco 49ers source says he’s not aware of a deal being done.

Oh Albert Breer, please be right you magnificent bastard.

Old 02-25-2013, 12:23 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Andy Reid has done alot of damage with QBs less talented than Alex Smith.
Old 02-25-2013, 12:25 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
Andy Reid has done alot of damage with QBs less talented than Alex Smith.
I'm sure Andy will find a way to succeed in the AFC West with or without Alex Smith. I'm glad he didn't go to Arizona.

Quote: