Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-25-2013, 12:37 AM    (permalink
DcmRulz
Pro Bowler

DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seems like KC did unofficially get Alex Smith in a trade, but can't be official until March 12, the first day of the new league year. so 2-3 weeks of suspense looming.

Hackenberg vs Morris vs Browne!
DcmRulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:50 AM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DcmRulz View Post
Seems like KC did unofficially get Alex Smith in a trade, but can't be official until March 12, the first day of the new league year. so 2-3 weeks of suspense looming.
the news will leak out in no time

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:34 AM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
Okay, HYPOTHETICALLY, if it is for the Chiefs' 3rd round pick, then that would be great. Happy?
SF would be happy with that

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya:The lack of ignorance in this thread is alarming.
Shupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 02:09 AM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not sure how I feel about this alleged trade.

On one hand, his significant salary (about 9 mill/yr) probably means either Albert or Bowe have to go...In which case, they'll probably let Albert go and take Joeckel. And while I like Joeckel, I'm not sure yet if he's a legit upgrade over Albert.

But on the other hand, Alex Smith was starting to show some real improvement the past two years...Only 10 INTs in the past two seasons (26 games) and he had a 70% completion percentage in the ten games he played last season.

At any rate, if the rumors prove to be true, Albert's a goner for sure, and Bowe will either be tagged or resigned - hopefully the latter.

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.
adschofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 07:56 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Trading for Alex Smith, letting Albert go/drafting Joeckel, and re-signing Bowe means that with the 1st overall pick the Chiefs are in the exact same position as they were the last few years.

It literally does not improve the team. And when you have the #1 pick and you don't improve your team you failed in spectacular fashion.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:46 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Poor Chief fans. That is horrible news for them. Why go forward when you can stay the same right Chiefs?

No one in life will succeed if they're afraid of failure. Not drafting a qb is being afraid to fail with them.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:13 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...or-alex-smith/

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:15 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
Andy Reid has done alot of damage with QBs less talented than Alex Smith.
Has he? When? He was Brett Favre's QB coach. I don't think Smith is betetr than Favre. Then he had McNabb for all those years. Smith isn't better than McNabb. When Vick came in, the team was average. I'm not seeing the damage Reid did with lesser QBs?

Do you mean when Feely and Detmer played pretty well? That was for a short period of time on a team that went to the NFCCG the previous year. Not an entire season with a 2-win team. The Chiefs aren't goign to do diddly poo with Smith. Will they be better than 2-14. Of course because Smith is better than Cassel/Quinn and Reid is a better coach than Crennel. But 6-8 wins will be the ceiling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin. One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one. Awesome. Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks.
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:24 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
Has he? When? He was Brett Favre's QB coach. I don't think Smith is betetr than Favre. Then he had McNabb for all those years. Smith isn't better than McNabb. When Vick came in, the team was average. I'm not seeing the damage Reid did with lesser QBs?

Do you mean when Feely and Detmer played pretty well? That was for a short period of time on a team that went to the NFCCG the previous year. Not an entire season with a 2-win team. The Chiefs aren't goign to do diddly poo with Smith. Will they be better than 2-14. Of course because Smith is better than Cassel/Quinn and Reid is a better coach than Crennel. But 6-8 wins will be the ceiling.
He got better production out of many of his QBs than they got elsewhere. He has always been deemed a QB guru.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:27 AM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not positive, but it seems like most of these guy are only good for a few games (Detmer, Feely, Kolb, even Vick). When there's more film on them operating Reid's system, these guys seem to struggle.

I think that McNabb was just a very good QB who was traded at the right time.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:47 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
Andy Reid has done alot of damage with QBs less talented than Alex Smith.
With much more talented teams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:04 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
With much more talented teams.
The thing about Kansas City is the roster isn't devoid of talent. If they had a QB (A real one, not Alex Smith), I don't see any way they aren't immediately the second most talented team in that division with an outside shot at giving Denver a run for their money. They've got playmakers at key offensive positions, they've got a very solid defensive core (most of whom are locked into long term contracts at this point, I believe)...They're a true QB away from competing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:13 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
The thing about Kansas City is the roster isn't devoid of talent. If they had a QB (A real one, not Alex Smith), I don't see any way they aren't immediately the second most talented team in that division with an outside shot at giving Denver a run for their money. They've got playmakers at key offensive positions, they've got a very solid defensive core (most of whom are locked into long term contracts at this point, I believe)...They're a true QB away from competing.
We said this last year as well, and they ended up with the #1 pick in the draft. Bowe is leaving I believe (actually I havent heard anything about that in awhile but last I knew he was gone), which leaves them with Baldwin as their #1? Charles is an upgrade from Gore, and I won't pretend I really know how that offensive line is because I didn't really watch a single full KC game last year. My point was less about the chiefs sucking, and more of that Smith is going from a team loaded with talent on offense to a very pedestrian offense. I just don't see how Reid will be expected to do better with him at QB then he did at philly when he had Garcia or Kolb filling in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:31 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
They have no D line, one receiver, and only one outside corner. That's still a bit of a problem.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:39 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
They have no D line, one receiver, and only one outside corner. That's still a bit of a problem.
I'm not saying they're stacked, I'm saying it's a talented team who can compete with a competent QB. Assuming Bowe stays to work with Reid, you have Bowe, Charles, a young and talented offensive line, and guys like Johnson, Hali, Flowers and Berry to anchor your D. It's an awesome time to need a CB, both in the draft and in FA (Nnamdi, DRC, Sean Smith come to mind as available FA's at the position), and there are playmakers littered throughout the second/third round this year.

Again, KC isn't the most talented team in the league but they're a whole hell of a lot better off than the Browns, Jaguars, Raiders or hell, even the NYJ.
Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
Old 02-25-2013, 11:39 AM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-Pro

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:53 AM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Poor Chief fans. That is horrible news for them. Why go forward when you can stay the same right Chiefs?

No one in life will succeed if they're afraid of failure. Not drafting a qb is being afraid to fail with them.
This is indirectly good for Giants fans though.

If they plan on taking Joeckel and letting Albert go, that means Beatty's price probably goes way down since Beatty would be the 4th best OT on the market after Long, Clady and Albert.

Sorry Chiefs fans!

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:00 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Which is sad considering the resources they have put into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:02 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dontari Poe is a stud bitches.
Old 02-25-2013, 12:05 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Has he shown that?

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:06 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
It's funny, because you'd think a 4-3 defensive line of Tyson Jackson (RE), Dontari Poe (NT), Glenn Dorsey (UT), Tamba Hali (RE) would be awesome. Sigh.
Quote:
Old 02-25-2013, 12:08 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
Has he shown that?
Stud might be a bit much but from mid season on he had really good season.

Last edited by Splat : 02-25-2013 at 12:16 PM.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:35 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaka View Post
This is indirectly good for Giants fans though.

If they plan on taking Joeckel and letting Albert go, that means Beatty's price probably goes way down since Beatty would be the 4th best OT on the market after Long, Clady and Albert.

Sorry Chiefs fans!
Broncos already said Clady's getting franchised and everyone knows that Jake Long was a merely average tackle last year. Beatty's still the #2 LT on the market if Albert's available.

Sorry, Giants fans.
Old 02-25-2013, 12:44 PM    (permalink
TheMatriculator
Veteran

TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's what John Dorsey had to say about Dontari Poe last week.
Quote:
I have never seen a player of his size and his strength do some of the athletic things that hes done. If you really watch him as he has developed and progressed in the 2012 season, I think he started slow. He was just beginning to get an understanding of how he was to make the transition from college to the pros. If you really watch the later part of the film, you saw a player that had some unique traits that are going to show. Hes got a lot of room to be a really good player for years to come in the National Football League. Hes a big man.
http://www.kansascity.com/2013/02/22...#storylink=cpy
TheMatriculator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:49 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

The Eagles cut Cullen Jenkins. I'll be psyched if he's affordable enough for the Bears to bring into the DT rotation.