Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 02-25-2013, 10:51 AM    (permalink
AcheTen (Thumper)
Veteran

AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper)
Default Class of 2013 - Most Likely to Bust?

Who do you think will be a top-20 pick with the highest BUST potential?

Restrict this to top-20 prospects - players with a high likelihood of being selected top-20.

My #1 choice is Ezekiel Ansah. Some team will reach for him based on his athletic potential, but his complete lack of production in college scares me as a huge red flag.

I predict that years from now we will look back on Ansah as the #1 draft bust of this class after some team takes him in the top-20 or even top-10.

What about you?
AcheTen (Thumper) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:46 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Guys I've seen predicted to go in the top 20 that I think will bust:

Sam Montgomery
Tavon Austin
Manti Te'o
Matt Barkley
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:50 AM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Barkevious Mingo. For the exact same (Almost word for word) reasons you think Ansah will bust.
Old 02-25-2013, 11:56 AM    (permalink
bruschis4all
Veteran

bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

JoHnathan Hankins. Can't show up for combine in shape.
bruschis4all is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:01 PM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Really, you didn't get it off your chest enough in the other threads, you had to start a thread for it?
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:02 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nevermind, top 20 picks only.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:03 PM    (permalink
AcheTen (Thumper)
Veteran

AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastradamus View Post
Really, you didn't get it off your chest enough in the other threads, you had to start a thread for it?
I need something I can bump in a few years when this guy does nothing in the NFL.
AcheTen (Thumper) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:22 PM    (permalink
SOnMyChest
Rookie

SOnMyChest is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SOnMyChest is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SOnMyChest is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SOnMyChest is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SOnMyChest is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SOnMyChest is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SOnMyChest is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SOnMyChest is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SOnMyChest is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SOnMyChest is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SOnMyChest is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dion Jordan just because a large part of his attractiveness as a prospect is his ability to move in space. A large consensus of people agree that he needs to add about 20 pounds. If he adds 20lbs of fat he's going to lose his ability to move, so he needs to 20lbs of muscle which can reasonably be done in 2-3 years. But the reason he is under weight right now is because he can't lift due to his shoulder, he is having surgery this week.

His shoulder will need to heal and rehab before he can lift the way he needs to, which just adds to the already 2-3 year processes to get the finished product. I have to wonder how many teams will be willing to bet on Jordan to overcome a shoulder injury to gain 20 lbs of muscle with a 1st round pick. I can see him panning out but I can def see a window for him to become a bust
SOnMyChest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:44 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow you didn't make this threat in order to rant about Ansah for the 8 millionth time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
I need something I can bump in a few years when this guy does nothing in the NFL.
So even if Ansah does bust, you want to be that guy who dug up with Collin Kaepernick thread and graded everyone's post...?

Last edited by pierce2walker : 02-25-2013 at 01:54 PM.
pierce2walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:54 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ansah and Glennon for sure.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:55 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Despite the OP being who he is, I do find this interesting.

Assuming Montgomery is picked high, he'll bust. Slow, dumb, and lazy. No thanks.

I think Bjoern Werner will be a disappointment. Just a solid starter while he's young and then a good backup. I'm not sure he'll be a "bust".

If Shariff Floyd goes top 5 I think he will bust. I think he will be a solid NFL player but not top 5 worthy at all.

Margus Hunt in the 1st is also a bad idea.

And yes, if Johnathan Hankins is still considered a 1st rounder, I think he'll bust. I see him as a second day pick.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:58 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

QBs
Ansah
Ogletree
Floyd
Ertz
Sylvester Williams

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 02:06 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tyler Wilson- He won't do anything worth a dang in the NFL.

Geno Smith- He may start a while but he'll be average.

Alec Ogletree- Anybody who gets a DUI right before the combine just screams of a guy who will be in trouble his entire career.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 02:20 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mike Glennon if some team goes top 20 on him, I feel bad for those fans.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 02:55 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Really depends on what team he goes to, but I could see Sheldon Richardson being a bust. I think he's one of those players that needs to constantly be pushed, won't take it upon himself to get better.

Hell of a player, I just question his desire to be the best.
holt_bruce81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 02:55 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I don't have a second wasted post here, I'll go Mingo. I just don't see much worth liking, at least first round wise, when it comes to him.

Sig by Matthew Jones

Last edited by Cigaro : 02-25-2013 at 03:07 PM.
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 03:05 PM    (permalink
bitonti
DraftBathroom.com
Veteran

bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunTzu_22 View Post
Barkevious Mingo. For the exact same (Almost word for word) reasons you think Ansah will bust.
Ansah has no production. Mingo at has some production.

Why Me? The Bob Lamonta Story

bitonti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 04:45 PM    (permalink
PossibleCabbage
Pro Bowler

PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd put DaMontre Moore up there. He's a guy with no real flaws, but no real exceptional qualities. If he gets drafted high, it'll be be cause of his college stat-sheet but I think he'll do about as well in the NFL as Everette Brown did.

I don't like pass rushers who are no better than "slightly above average" at anything.
PossibleCabbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:02 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOnMyChest View Post
Dion Jordan just because a large part of his attractiveness as a prospect is his ability to move in space. A large consensus of people agree that he needs to add about 20 pounds. If he adds 20lbs of fat he's going to lose his ability to move, so he needs to 20lbs of muscle which can reasonably be done in 2-3 years. But the reason he is under weight right now is because he can't lift due to his shoulder, he is having surgery this week.

His shoulder will need to heal and rehab before he can lift the way he needs to, which just adds to the already 2-3 year processes to get the finished product. I have to wonder how many teams will be willing to bet on Jordan to overcome a shoulder injury to gain 20 lbs of muscle with a 1st round pick. I can see him panning out but I can def see a window for him to become a bust
I had questions about Dion Jordan too. He may have played below 230# for the Ducks, but unlike Aaron Maybin Jordan has solid muscular legs, not the toothpicks Maybin ran around on. Jordan just needs to get his upper body bigger.
Oregon didn't really let Jordan rush the passer all that much, but I think if he's turned loose off the edge in the NFL he's going to be a perennial double digit sack guy.
Old 02-25-2013, 05:05 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
I'd put DaMontre Moore up there. He's a guy with no real flaws, but no real exceptional qualities. If he gets drafted high, it'll be be cause of his college stat-sheet but I think he'll do about as well in the NFL as Everette Brown did.

I don't like pass rushers who are no better than "slightly above average" at anything.
Hurts for me to admit that on Everette Brown, but very nice comparison possibility.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:08 PM    (permalink
underscore
Veteran

underscore is so money.underscore is so money.underscore is so money.underscore is so money.underscore is so money.underscore is so money.underscore is so money.underscore is so money.underscore is so money.underscore is so money.underscore is so money.

Geno Smith
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:29 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Geno Smith, Damontre Moore, Jarvis Jones, Dion Jordan, Barkevious Mingo, Sam Montgomery.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 06:13 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I see no way Jordan busts, he has a real shot to be one of the stars of the draft. He isn't just fast, he has terrific movement skills that you cannot teach. He'll add weight after his shoulder surgery but he'll be efective right out of the gate as a 3-4 OLB.

I'd say Moore and any of the QB's and likely Te'o as well. I have my concerns about the rawness of Ansah but he does have a high ceiling for a team that is patient.
Old 02-26-2013, 07:42 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't have a ton of outright busts, but I could see a lot of these players just becoming solid guys instead of stars. Not one elite player in the draft.

The QBs are nothing more than above average across the board. Right now I don't see a probable franchise QB in this draft.

I could easily see Ansah bust completely, but he has some real potential and fans want to be first to love the next best thing. I could see him taking time to learn the nuances of the game and to just learn football.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 04:29 AM    (permalink
edgrenade
Veteran

edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just don't think Jordan is an ideal fit for the 3-4. As a Niner fan, he just screams Manny Lawson to me.

Maybe his best fit is for a team like the Bengals who like to play those big Sam guys. And just like Lawson, he could become a solid player, just not an elite guy like he is pegged.