Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-25-2013, 04:59 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Ramses Barden

His Rep said the giants are interested in bringing him back, but they will let him test the market first.

Am I the only one that would be pretty excited to add him to your teams WR depth?

I know he has very little tape to go off of and apparently was in Coughlin's doghouse a bunch, but his 1 big shot at starting he went off on National TV this past season. Caught every pass thrown his way.

Just seeing some thoughts on Ramses?

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:07 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Been beating the drum for the Bears to add him to compete for #2/3 with Alshon Jeffery. One of 'em has to pan out across from Marshall.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:07 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, I've watched him a ton as a Giants fan. He has a lot of natural talent, but never showed it consistently enough with our team. He is a bit brittle, as he is always struggling with injuries. And he comes up small in games, compared to practices and training camp, where he always gets talked up.

I wouldn't outright exclude the possibility of him drastically improving on another team, but I have my doubts about it.

To me, it almost seems like he doesn't have the necessary passion for the game, and the mindset of wanting to become better. Intelligence is not an issue, he's a smart guy. Neither is talent, he has a lot of natural ability. So I think his problem is motivation. I don't think he has a passion for the game, and that, in turn, brings him to not give 100 percent in practice, in games, in the offseason, playing injured, and so on.

And that's a big problem in the NFL, because without the passion, It's much much harder to be a productive player.

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:41 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For a fair price, I'd love to see him playing for us, and not destroying our secondary.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:43 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
For a fair price, I'd love to see him playing for us, and not destroying our secondary.
Agreed on the fair price for him. Would love for him to be competing with a rookie WR opposite of Stevie Johnson.

And also - just to be fair - alot of WR's destroyed your secondary this past season. : )

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
Old 02-25-2013, 06:05 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the Giants are severely underestimating the interest Ramses Barden would draw from other teams around the league.

I'm fairly certain if the SKins weren't so cash strapped, Barden would be wearing burgundy and gold in 2013.
Old 02-25-2013, 06:21 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Giants don't want him back bc we have Randle. Braden can't separate. And he's always hurt. He had a ton of chances to prove himself but kept landing in the doghouse for some reason. I did feel he produced when on the field but something behind the scenes that we don't know about always kept him off the field.

Decent possession WR. Seemed a bit immature. Loved to show his muscles for the camera. But he produced. Maybe a change of scenery will help him.
Old 02-25-2013, 06:24 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
The Giants don't want him back bc we have Randle. Braden can't separate. And he's always hurt. He had a ton of chances to prove himself but kept landing in the doghouse for some reason. I did feel he produced when on the field but something behind the scenes that we don't know about always kept him off the field.

Decent possession WR. Seemed a bit immature. Loved to show his muscles for the camera. But he produced. Maybe a change of scenery will help him.
He can show his muscles after first down catches for the Bears. Marshall and Jeffery on the outside, Barden working against linebackers across the middle maybe? YES PLS.
Old 02-25-2013, 06:25 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
He can show his muscles after first down catches for the Bears. Marshall and Jeffery on the outside, Barden working against linebackers across the middle maybe? YES PLS.
That's the slowest WR core in NFL history. I wouldn't even put safeties on the field. Just defend 20 yards.
Old 02-25-2013, 06:36 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
Agreed on the fair price for him. Would love for him to be competing with a rookie WR opposite of Stevie Johnson.

And also - just to be fair - alot of WR's destroyed your secondary this past season. : )

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 06:42 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Quote:
That's the slowest WR core in NFL history. I wouldn't even put safeties on the field. Just defend 20 yards.
You're underestimating the speed of Marshall (4.52) and Jeffery (4.47). Everyone does. Seems like people assume they're slow just because they're big.
Old 02-25-2013, 06:50 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
You're underestimating the speed of Marshall (4.52) and Jeffery (4.47). Everyone does. Seems like people assume they're slow just because they're big.
Braden wouldn't play with them though. He'd back them up. He's not a slot guy. Not a prototypical one at least.
Old 02-25-2013, 06:55 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Quote:
Braden wouldn't play with them though. He'd back them up. He's not a slot guy. Not a prototypical one at least.
I don't think Cutler would bother throwing passes to a prototypical one, anyway. He's always chosen to throw to the biggest guy on the field. When he didn't have and bigger guys, he bitched to the media that he wanted some. He needs a big slot target like an Anquan Boldin or a Colston. I want us to try to make Barden that. He may not have Boldin's ridiculous hands and toughness, but I'm sure he can beat the coverage of most linebackers. Works for the Saints.
Old 02-25-2013, 07:23 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
I don't think Cutler would bother throwing passes to a prototypical one, anyway. He's always chosen to throw to the biggest guy on the field. When he didn't have and bigger guys, he bitched to the media that he wanted some. He needs a big slot target like an Anquan Boldin or a Colston. I want us to try to make Barden that. He may not have Boldin's ridiculous hands and toughness, but I'm sure he can beat the coverage of most linebackers. Works for the Saints.
I can see that. It really depends on your coach's system though. That's gonna dictate what your offense looks like. If he wants a shifty small guy in the slot Barden isn't gonna see any snaps there.
Old 02-25-2013, 07:31 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's 27 - been in the league for 4 years and hasn't done **** - why does he have his own thread?
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 07:31 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Quote:
I can see that. It really depends on your coach's system though. That's gonna dictate what your offense looks like. If he wants a shifty small guy in the slot Barden isn't gonna see any snaps there.
What's maddening is that no one knows right now. Trestman hasn't even finished his playbook. He says it's going to be west coast based, but will incorporate things that have happened in the NFL since he's been gone. He didn't go into detail about which things other than to offhandedly mention TEs.
Old 02-25-2013, 07:37 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
He's 27 - been in the league for 4 years and hasn't done **** - why does he have his own thread?
Because he is 6'6 @ 224lbs, is only 27, and when he started his 1 game this year he put up 9 for 128 on 10 targets. And then right back in the doghouse behind their prized early pick, Reuben Randle.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 02-26-2013, 08:32 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Loved this dude at Cal Poly. He was just fed catches in college.

6'6" receivers are the best receivers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:38 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
Loved this dude at Cal Poly. He was just fed catches in college.

6'6" receivers are the best receivers.
The BEST KIND.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 02-28-2013, 10:46 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

he's. so. bad.

it's hilarious. there was SO MUCH HYPE after the panthers game. I got yelled at by so many posters when I tried to quell it. Then he couldn't separate.

And he's dumb. See OPI vs Eagles

He also is ALWAYS on the bike.

he's just not good. BUT 6'6zzzZZzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 12:02 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I also think that our offense didn't do him any favors. Having to think about making all of the adjustments made him even slower than he already is in his cuts. If he could stay healthy for a team like the Chargers who liked to just toss the ball up for Receivers to go and grab, he could be a good receiver, but I've given up on him making good on all of that raw talent he has.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 11:15 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
he's. so. bad.

it's hilarious. there was SO MUCH HYPE after the panthers game. I got yelled at by so many posters when I tried to quell it. Then he couldn't separate.

And he's dumb. See OPI vs Eagles

He also is ALWAYS on the bike.

he's just not good. BUT 6'6zzzZZzzz
this, this, and more this.

He randomly decided to look good just so we didnt cut him it seemed like.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 03:22 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN View Post
this, this, and more this.

He randomly decided to look good just so we didnt cut him it seemed like.
I still think a big part of Barden's problems in NYC were both injuries and not being a good fit for the Giants option route passing game.

A guy that big with those physical tools typically would have a role in most offenses. Coughlin had no use for him.
It's not like he's a knucklehead, I don't think. But it seemed like the Giants soured on Barden early.

Maybe we never hear from Barden again once he leaves the Giants, but I would definitely not be surprised if he resurrects his career someplace else in 2013, not unlike Jimmy Smith once he left the Cowboys.
Old 03-04-2013, 06:15 AM    (permalink
Guru
Rookie

Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honestly I doubt the Giants bring him back. The've drafted masterfully at the WR position including Nicks, Cruz, Randle, and Jernigan that they can focus on other positions. Barden could start for a few teams but not the Giants imho. They also have Hixon so their WR corps is relatively young an I expect them to take a WR in the draft. I guess slapping a 2nd round tender might be an option but I see him going to a club like the Jets, Raiders, Dolphins, San Diego, etc, as an upside signing much like Josh Morgan was for the skins but I doubt he gets that type of contract.
Guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:26 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
I still think a big part of Barden's problems in NYC were both injuries and not being a good fit for the Giants option route passing game.

A guy that big with those physical tools typically would have a role in most offenses. Coughlin had no use for him.
It's not like he's a knucklehead, I don't think. But it seemed like the Giants soured on Barden early.

Maybe we never hear from Barden again once he leaves the Giants, but I would definitely not be surprised if he resurrects his career someplace else in 2013, not unlike Jimmy Smith once he left the Cowboys.
See, I remember you were one of his biggest defenders after his panthers game explosion, but Barden just never showed the desire to play, oftinjured and just can't play. You're blaming the Giants on this one which just isn't the case
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote