Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 01-04-2012, 03:23 AM    (permalink
DBNYDP
Veteran

DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Tavon Austin, WR, WVU

So I met this guy earlier this year and I had no clue who he was, he introduced himself and we talked for a bit, and he seemed like a good kid so I looked him up and I was amazed.

He's a playmaker who is incredibly elusive and has top end speed/acceleration/vision . I haven't really heard of him on here and I just got reminded of him the other day so what are your thoughts?

For those who haven't seen him here are some videos -->

Last edited by DBNYDP : 01-04-2012 at 03:27 AM.
DBNYDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 09:16 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tavon has been killing it tonight.
Old 01-04-2012, 09:55 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, we damn sure know Clemson can't do a thing to stop him. Looks like he well could catch on as a slot guy in the NFL.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 11:40 PM    (permalink
ellsy82
Veteran

ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
Tavon has been killing it tonight.
Any lingering worries about that car accident he was in? Specifically the neck injury?

He's certainly been unstoppable tonight.
"He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant." I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there." Elway's take on Lambert
ellsy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 12:49 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He has a shot to be a Desean Jackson/Antonio Brown type player in this league. He might be more agile than both and was deadly on sweeps last night. He's simply electric the more he gets the ball in his hands.

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 01:19 PM    (permalink
DBNYDP
Veteran

DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One of the things I love about him is that you can totally tell he was a running back in high school. He runs like a running back after the catch or on a sweep, he keeps his body low to the ground so even if you can catch up to him it is really hard to take him down. Also he has pretty great vision which is why he had so much success on sweeps last night even when WVU wasn't really doing a great job getting out there to block.
Old 01-05-2012, 01:26 PM    (permalink
BoneKrusher
DC GFX Team
Pro Bowler

BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 703SKINS202 View Post
He has a shot to be a Desean Jackson/Antonio Brown type player in this league. He might be more agile than both and was deadly on sweeps last night. He's simply electric the more he gets the ball in his hands.
yeah, he kicks ass.
Old 01-05-2012, 01:35 PM    (permalink
StickSkills
Veteran

StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I remembered following him when he was being recruited and thought he looked pretty good. Didn't watch him at WVU, but heard from friends that go there that he's a great player for them.
StickSkills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 01:39 PM    (permalink
DBNYDP
Veteran

Thoughts on stock? Before the game I saw a solid 3rd round pick.

Right now though I think he's going in the second. If he comes out not only will he have this amazing bowl game which will be fresh in our minds, but I have a feeling he is going to light up the combine. I think we're talking about close to 4.3 speed. I feel like I remember reading that he was timed at something ridiculous as 4.28 in one of the offseasons, I'll try to find it but needless to say I think he is going to be one of the top speedsters at the combine.
Old 12-30-2012, 09:23 PM    (permalink
DBNYDP
Veteran

Bump!
Had a pretty great year, and showed a lot of versatility towards the end of the year. Bowl game was less than stellar but conditions certainly affected that. I don't think he's a number one receiver but he definitely looks like he is a number one weapon for a team. Compares well to Percy Harvin for me, I'd take him anywhere past 20.
Old 12-30-2012, 09:26 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's becoming a New England Patriot. We've all just come to accept this at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 11:14 PM    (permalink
fishspinners
Rookie

fishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

No doubt Austin will be a playmaker in the NFL. If he is around when Denver picks, he might be a rookie of the year contender.
fishspinners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 03:11 AM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want the Bucs to draft this guy so bad. Him, Vjax, Williams and Martin.
bigbuc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:28 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know everyone's in love with him, but I really hope the Bears pass on him. I'd take a chance in round four, but I overwhelmingly smell a bust. I think someone's going to pull the trigger in the second round and get burned badly. One of my least-wanted "names" in the draft.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:39 PM    (permalink
fatso
Rookie

fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love Tavon, and I'd love it if he somehow went to the niners at 31. He'd be perfect on the screens and reverses we had Manningham doing.
fatso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:40 PM    (permalink
rawdawg
Veteran

rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
I know everyone's in love with him, but I really hope the Bears pass on him. I'd take a chance in round four, but I overwhelmingly smell a bust. I think someone's going to pull the trigger in the second round and get burned badly. One of my least-wanted "names" in the draft.
He needs to go to the right situation. It's hard to imagine the Bears being that situation because I've never seen anything resembling a good Bears offense. But Trestman is supposedly a genius, so if he can't use him maybe nobody can.

That being said, I don't take him at 20. If you can get a trade down and get him very late 1st while picking up a pick (don't have a 3rd), then fine. But I don't like picking a WR top 25 unless I think he can be the X or Z receiver. I'd rather wait a round and get Wheaton or a couple and get Goodwin or Stills.
rawdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 02:23 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think he is going to be a monster at the next level. He not only has speed but is extremely quick in and out of his breaks and is going to give NFL CB's nightmares. He's a Desean Jackson clone and will have that type of impact. If he lasts till round 2 which is very questionable IMO, the only reason will be his size which cost Jackson, round 1 in his draft year.
Old 02-27-2013, 03:32 AM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
I think he is going to be a monster at the next level. He not only has speed but is extremely quick in and out of his breaks and is going to give NFL CB's nightmares. He's a Desean Jackson clone and will have that type of impact. If he lasts till round 2 which is very questionable IMO, the only reason will be his size which cost Jackson, round 1 in his draft year.
I agree. I think he is the best receiver in this draft and will make an immediate impact wherever he goes. I don't see CB's being able to keep up with him. He has the speed and quickness, but also has great vision and field awareness. And, maybe most importantly, that intuitive "knack" for getting open and making big plays. While his size suggests that he may be limited to the slot, I think the opposite is true...I think he can excel at whatever he is asked to do. In the interview I saw, I came away very impressed with the way he carried himself. I think he is very humble and has always heard the size criticisms, but just chooses to defy the odds and let his play speak for itself. He has become my #1 choice for the Rams at #22.
stlouisfan37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:38 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kid can flat-out play.
He's no bust waiting to happen.

Good early thread here DBNYDP!
Old 02-27-2013, 08:56 AM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlouisfan37 View Post
I agree. I think he is the best receiver in this draft and will make an immediate impact wherever he goes. I don't see CB's being able to keep up with him. He has the speed and quickness, but also has great vision and field awareness. And, maybe most importantly, that intuitive "knack" for getting open and making big plays. While his size suggests that he may be limited to the slot, I think the opposite is true...I think he can excel at whatever he is asked to do. In the interview I saw, I came away very impressed with the way he carried himself. I think he is very humble and has always heard the size criticisms, but just chooses to defy the odds and let his play speak for itself. He has become my #1 choice for the Rams at #22.
He is great, but slow down on being the best WR in the draft. He is still a slot receiver, not an outside receiver. What he can do is incredible, but ultimately, still limited. He's not winning a jump ball against A. Cromartie for example.
Black Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:03 AM    (permalink
AcheTen (Thumper)
Veteran

AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bolt View Post
He is great, but slow down on being the best WR in the draft. He is still a slot receiver, not an outside receiver. What he can do is incredible, but ultimately, still limited. He's not winning a jump ball against A. Cromartie for example.
He doesn't have to win too many jump balls if he beats them downfield with his speed.

This guy is going to do exactly what DeSean Jackson and Mike Wallace have done in the past: beat everyone with long speed and demand double coverage downfield and open up the middle of the field for everyone else.
AcheTen (Thumper) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:14 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Slot receivers can be just as important, or more, than the wide deep threats.
Look at Boldin & Torrey Smith. Smith is the stretcher, Boldin works between the numbers... Boldin came up huge.

Obviously Wes Welker had done okay for himself, as has Percy Harvin.
Greg Jennings works mostly from the slot, with Jordy Nelson being the big stretcher.

How many games do you see where the jump ball is the critical play in the game?

It's easier to take away a deep threat with a safety over the top than it is to stop a super quick guy working in space.
Old 02-27-2013, 07:02 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I get what you are saying. Let me re-phrase what I meant to say.

I think he is the most polished receiver. His routes are crisp and he has well-developed skills. He has excellent hands. He will make plays from day 1. I think he is the most game-ready receiver in this draft, and will be more productive from the start than any other receiver in this draft.

Cordarrelle Patterson is widely considered to have everything to be the next Julio Jones. But he is not a polished route runner and has trouble catching the ball.

Robert Woods made everything look very easy at the Combine, but he doesn't have the explosion or speed to become more than a very good possession receiver. I see him becoming a Marques Colston type of player at the next level.

I totally agree with the comparisons to Desean Jackson. Jackson rarely, if ever, has to fight over a jump ball because he has already juked the corner by 5 yards when the ball arrives. And I don't see Austin only playing one position. I see his OC (whoever it ends up being) using him in different looks and formations to create mismatches.
stlouisfan37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:24 PM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

he can also play a little running back; had 344 yds vs oklahoma this year

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxzPryPMB74

cred 2 BoneKrusher
kwilk103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:29 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm curious to know what people who have seen both of them think of Stedman Bailey in relation to Tavon.