Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 02-27-2013, 11:59 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
yeah sure but he held the job for 4 years. Everyone eventually gets fired in the NFL. Picking Geno at 1 (a player that no one has rated as the top prospect) and throwing him to the wolves is a good way to get fired quicker than 4 years.
No it's not...

Drafting a qb gets you 3 years of time to develop him. Reid will have at least 3 years to rebuild this team regardless of whether he took Geno or not.

Success dictates your staying power. Whether they draft Geno or not, if he doesn't win within 3 years he's probably fired. If he does, he can stay a little longer.

Passing on Geno to take Smith does not buy Reid any more time with the organization.
Old 02-27-2013, 12:00 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it speaks volumes on what they thought of the QB class, Alex Smith will be ok as long as they keep the Oline in tact and continue to add pieces. I said it before I think Jamaal Charles is going to be the key to keeping this offense going regardless of QB.

I think the compensation was a little high, so I expect the Chiefs to try to move the number one overall pick to recoop some of that value. By picking up a second or drafting late in the first they might snatch up EJ Manuel as their developmental QB of the year.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:02 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witten4HOF View Post
I think it speaks volumes on what they thought of the QB class, Alex Smith will be ok as long as they keep the Oline in tact and continue to add pieces. I said it before I think Jamaal Charles is going to be the key to keeping this offense going regardless of QB.

I think the compensation was a little high, so I expect the Chiefs to try to move the number one overall pick to recoop some of that value. By picking up a second or drafting late in the first they might snatch up EJ Manuel as their developmental QB of the year.
Andy Reid had Brian Westbrook and Shady McCoy, and didn't use either of them as much as he should have.

Why is he suddenly gonna use Jamaal Charles?
Old 02-27-2013, 12:05 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Andy Reid had Brian Westbrook and Shady McCoy, and didn't use either of them as much as he should have.

Why is he suddenly gonna use Jamaal Charles?
Jamaal was used just as much as McCoy was last year...Jamaal will get his.

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.
adschofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:05 PM    (permalink
KaneMarko
Veteran

KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
yeah sure but he held the job for 4 years. Everyone eventually gets fired in the NFL. Picking Geno at 1 (a player that no one has rated as the top prospect) and throwing him to the wolves is a good way to get fired quicker than 4 years.
Matt Cassel held the job for 4 years because of Pioli and Pioli only. Pioli went all in on Matt Cassel. Never once bringing in anyone to challenge him for the spot. And minus 2010 when he had an offensive wizard in Charlie Weis calling plays, Matt Cassel has been average at best. Pioli never brought in competition for him. Cassel was Pioli's boy and Pioli did everything he could to keep him in place. And most here in KC knew Cassel wasn't starting material before we hit the 4 year mark. Unfortunately the Pioli thought otherwise.

This isn't about Geno, bitonti. I certainly haven't mentioned anything about definitively taking Geno #1 overall. For me, this is about how this organization goes about doing business with the QB spot. 1987. Do you have any idea why that is significant? I'll tell you. It was THE last year a QB drafted by the Chiefs won a game. Doesn't that mean something, particulary for a franchise who hasn't had a long term starter at QB in forever and hasn't really even tried to draft and develop their own QB since 1983?
KaneMarko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:06 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witten4HOF View Post

I agree, it is quite obvious now just how weak this QB class is, however trading out of the top spot in a draft where where the 8th pick has similar talent to the 25th pick will be almost impossible. This draft is so deep that teams will be very reluctant to give up picks to move up.
Old 02-27-2013, 12:11 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's always been obvious that this QB class was extremely weak at the top. This is not surprising. They never wanted a QB at first overall because there wasn't one worth taking there.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:14 PM    (permalink
bitonti
DraftBathroom.com
Veteran

bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

predicting the draft is not about what you or I would do. I posted in this thread with the agenda of getting the first pick in the draft settled so the mock would stabilize and we could move on to Jacksonville. Im sorry to the KC fans who are disappointed. But don't be mad at me, i'm not Andy Reid. im just trying to make a decent mock draft. Smith at 1 never really made sense.

Why Me? The Bob Lamonta Story

bitonti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:15 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't understand. No QB is worth the 1st pick, but apparently Alex Smith is worth the 34th pick...

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:16 PM    (permalink
bitonti
DraftBathroom.com
Veteran

bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneMarko View Post
This isn't about Geno, bitonti. I certainly haven't mentioned anything about definitively taking Geno #1 overall. For me, this is about how this organization goes about doing business with the QB spot. 1987. Do you have any idea why that is significant? I'll tell you. It was THE last year a QB drafted by the Chiefs won a game. Doesn't that mean something, particulary for a franchise who hasn't had a long term starter at QB in forever and hasn't really even tried to draft and develop their own QB since 1983?
I see this argument and it's a shame for KC fans there wasn't an Andrew Luck in this draft. Maybe next year fellas.

Why Me? The Bob Lamonta Story

bitonti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:18 PM    (permalink
KaneMarko
Veteran

KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
predicting the draft is not about what you or I would do. I posted in this thread with the agenda of getting the first pick in the draft settled so the mock would stabilize and we could move on to Jacksonville. Im sorry to the KC fans who are disappointed. But don't be mad at me, i'm not Andy Reid. im just trying to make a decent mock draft. Smith at 1 never really made sense.
It's easy now. Branden Albert will not be retained. And you can rest easy that Joeckel will be the pick at 1/1.
Old 02-27-2013, 12:20 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Chiefs are going to be the same mediocre team they were last year.

Below average QB? Check.
Same quality at LT? Check.
#1 WR sticking around? Check.

This team is literally no better, and they're going to use the first overall pick on a sidegrade at LT.

Pathetic excuse for a franchise.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:22 PM    (permalink
Leon Sandcastle
Veteran

Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chiefs are dumb. Niners have 14 picks now & could trade for Revis or Harvin or both? DUN DUN DUN!!!

Pencil them in for the Super Bowl.
Leon Sandcastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:22 PM    (permalink
KaneMarko
Veteran

Quote:
I see this argument and it's a shame for KC fans there wasn't an Andrew Luck in this draft. Maybe next year fellas.
The Chiefs will be "better" next year. It's difficult to only win 2 games. So the Chiefs will be "better" next year. The problem is getting the Chiefs to the point where they have a long term starter at the QB position and an annual participant in the playoffs with the chance to move on. Problem is that they'll probably end up with 6-8 wins next year and out of the running for anything good coming out at QB next year. Oh well...the life of a Chiefs fan :(
Old 02-27-2013, 12:23 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon Sandcastle View Post
Chiefs are dumb. Niners have 14 picks now & could trade for Revis or Harvin or both? DUN DUN DUN!!!

Pencil them in for the Super Bowl.
That would be ******* scary.

RIP themaninblack
Old 02-27-2013, 12:23 PM    (permalink
KaneMarko
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post

Below average QB? Check.

This team is literally no better, and they're going to use the first overall pick on a sidegrade at LT.

Pretty much, v. The life of us Chiefs' fans.
Old 02-27-2013, 12:32 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Below average QB? Check.

So you don't think Reid is an upgrade over Crennel??? You don't think Smith is an upgrade over Cassel? I think they have a realistic shot at 8-10 wins.
Old 02-27-2013, 12:35 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

49er won't trade for harvin or Revis. to much big names right there. And its not our MO to go after big name players.
Old 02-27-2013, 12:37 PM    (permalink
KaneMarko
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
So you don't think Reid is an upgrade over Crennel??? You don't think Smith is an upgrade over Cassel? I think they have a realistic shot at 8-10 wins.
Reid is definitely an upgrade over Crennel. Smith and upgrade over Cassel....maybe. But if he is it's not by much, IMO. The Chiefs would be wise, IMO, to still try to draft his eventual replacement in April.
Old 02-27-2013, 12:43 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
Reid is a better coach. Smith is equal to Cassel. 8-10 wins means nothing.

If you're not a Chiefs fan you just don't understand. This team will never be more than mediocre.

Old 02-27-2013, 12:45 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Below average QB? Check.

Had they taken Geno Smith at 1/1 like you wanted them to, none of this would have been different.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:47 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Had they taken Geno Smith at 1/1 like you wanted them to, none of this would have been different.
Except with Geno Smith or whoever they think is the best QB, there is potential for them to be better than mediocre, with Alex Smith they won't be anything more than mediocre.

RIP themaninblack
Old 02-27-2013, 12:47 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneMarko View Post
It's easy now. Branden Albert will not be retained. And you can rest easy that Joeckel will be the pick at 1/1.
Really? Mel just rated Fisher higher than Joeckel.
Black Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:49 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Reid is a better coach. Smith is equal to Cassel. 8-10 wins means nothing.

If you're not a Chiefs fan you just don't understand. This team will never be more than mediocre.
As a Raiders fan, this has to be the first I sympathized with a Cheifs fan (even spelled Cheifs with an "i" ). I know how much you wanted a young signal caller.
Black Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:52 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
You're naive if you really believe this. Clearly there is upside with a young QB in this draft, and clearly Alex Smith has plateaued.