Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 02-25-2013, 11:41 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
after seeing how he measured out at the combine, xavier rhodes immediately popped up in my mind as our pick in the 1st(if he's there).
Yeah, I'm considering mocking Rhodes as a safety.
Old 02-26-2013, 01:33 AM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
Yeah, I'm considering mocking Rhodes as a safety.
I'm on board with that. I liked Elam because Whitner is going to need to be replaced fairly soon and I think Elam can play both safety positions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya:The lack of ignorance in this thread is alarming.
Shupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:39 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shupp View Post
I'm on board with that. I liked Elam because Whitner is going to need to be replaced fairly soon and I think Elam can play both safety positions.
Absolutely loved Amerson as a safety, as well, but his time will keep him at corner.
Old 02-26-2013, 10:24 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
after seeing how he measured out at the combine, xavier rhodes immediately popped up in my mind as our pick in the 1st(if he's there).
I want to see him in drills. At his height, his fluidity in his hips is a concern. Also want to see how quickly he accelerates.

Have to admit, as much as I ragged on Mathieu, I was impressed with him this morning. He was still as stiff as I remembered, but he ran well and his ball skills are exceptional. Still looks way too small though and wouldn't touch him in the draft. Alford and Aaron Hester also impressed me. Loved that Alford measured in at 5'10 too. Disappointed in Banks. Wasnt as fast as I was expecting.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 02-26-2013 at 05:46 PM.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:41 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
Absolutely loved Amerson as a safety, as well, but his time will keep him at corner.
He really regressed this past season though. Great size and athleticism but his 2011 and 2012 tape is like night and day. When he played UVA, he was awful....and I mean awful. And I saw a couple of other games this year when he wasnt great. I really dont know what to make of Amerson at this point.
Old 02-26-2013, 11:19 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rhodes ran a 4.41. Can we kiss that idea goodbye?

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:23 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Rhodes ran a 4.41. Can we kiss that idea goodbye?
Nah, everyone knew he would run well. But with him hurting his hamstring, he can't do the drills, which was the real concern...his hips and short-area quickness.

**EDIT**

He did do the CB drills and did look stiff with his change of direction.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 02-26-2013 at 12:07 PM.
Old 02-26-2013, 12:15 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

I tell who has impressed me is Darius Slay. Kid looked smooth as silk in the DB drills and has the hips and ball skills to be a good CB at the next level. Will have to go back and try and find some of his games and see what I missed.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 02-26-2013 at 05:44 PM.
Old 02-26-2013, 04:31 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've read rumors that the Eagles, Saints, and Packers have all shown some interest in RJF.

I want him back but i wouldn't be surprised if he got paid this offseason. It would be dumb on RJF's part to not at least test the market and see how much he can make. He'd get a starting gig and likely more money than he would receive here.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 05:42 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
I've read rumors that the Eagles, Saints, and Packers have all shown some interest in RJF.

I want him back but i wouldn't be surprised if he got paid this offseason. It would be dumb on RJF's part to not at least test the market and see how much he can make. He'd get a starting gig and likely more money than he would receive here.
I don't know about a starting gig. I think the most he could command is around 3 mil a year. I think we could defintely match that If we chose. And all those teams you mentioned have huge salary cap issues and ala lot of work to do before they can worry about acquiring RJF. But I don't see a team bring him in as a starter and paying him starter's money. Like I said before, I think he'll get a developmental type of 2-3 year deal and have to earn a starting spot in TC if he leaves. Most teams see him as a either a 3-4 DE or a rotational UT in a even front. At least with us, he has a chance to be a starter in the base set because he can play NT in our system.
Old 02-27-2013, 04:32 AM    (permalink
edgrenade
Veteran

edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So after seeing these guys at the Senior Bowl and the Combine, who do we all like?
Old 02-27-2013, 05:49 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgrenade View Post
So after seeing these guys at the Senior Bowl and the Combine, who do we all like?
I haven't watched a single minute of either, but I get this feeling they take Elam or Vaccaro in the first. They took Jenkins in the first, so someone that is on the fringe of the 1st-2nd wouldn't shock me.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:34 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

The thing with addressing safety...

1. If Goldson returns, safety isn't a need.
2. The safety position in this draft is without an "elite" prospect but is tremendously deep, at least 3 rounds.
Old 02-27-2013, 11:13 AM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
@JayGlazer
49ers have completed a trade with the Chiefs for Alex Smith, tho can't be official til March 12. Chiefs really made a commitment to Smith

@timkawakami
An NFL source says that the framework of the deal is that the 49ers will get a No. 2 pick this year and a similar pick in the 2014 draft.
If true, would be awesome to land a 2nd for Smith, especially considering how high KC's pick is in round 2. It puts SF in a nice position if they want to move up into the top 15 of round 1.
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:15 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I haven't watched a single minute of either, but I get this feeling they take Elam or Vaccaro in the first. They took Jenkins in the first, so someone that is on the fringe of the 1st-2nd wouldn't shock me.
I like Sweaaringer alot. Built like a tank but can move. Looked very fluid in the DB drills and his game tape is impressive. I'm not big on Elam. Just not impressed. Looks solid but just something missing I can't put my finger on. Vaccaro won't make to 31. I wish he would, but he's really the only 1st round safety. My favorites are Vaccaro, Swearinger, Aaron Hester, Eric Reid and Eric Wolff. I like Amerson as a FS at the next level but a lot of red flags with his game. And I'm not sure he's the type of tackler you want at FS. Lacks the physicalness from what I've seen to be effective in the box. But has the range, speed and athleticism to be a nice coverage safety. Just hard to gauge him because his play was so up and down.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 02-27-2013 at 11:29 AM.
Old 02-27-2013, 11:26 AM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

@timkawakami: An NFL source says that the framework of the deal is that the 49ers will get a No. 2 pick this year and a similar pick in the 2014 draft.

Time for Dan to back peddle. I guess trading Alex might have been worthwhile after all!!!! #34 overall!!!! All hail Baalke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya:The lack of ignorance in this thread is alarming.
Shupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:32 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If this trade is true, so long, Alex Smith. And thanks for all the fish.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:33 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post

If true, would be awesome to land a 2nd for Smith, especially considering how high KC's pick is in round 2. It puts SF in a nice position if they want to move up into the top 15 of round 1.
I'll believe it when the deal is final. If they actually got two 2nd rounders for Alex, that's the steal of the century and I stand corrected. Sounds a little too good to be true though.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 02-27-2013 at 11:41 AM.
Old 02-27-2013, 11:45 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hell yea pile on those picks for sf! We need more play makers.

I wasn't sure if we was getting any picks for this year draft. I thought it was all next year. Be nice to have a high second round! Poor KC is gonna over pay .
Old 02-27-2013, 12:27 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the 2nd Rounder alone this year is great value for Alex. A mid-rounder next year on top is excellent.

Gives the Niners more ammo to trade up into the first and target a player they desire or the opportunity to receive great value in the early 2nd with 1st round talent that may fall out of the round.

This was best case scenario with what I though they'd get and it's supposedly happening. All hail Baalke is right when this goes through!

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:34 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rumor has it yall could use these acquired picks to go after Revis. Any credibility there?
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 01:18 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In regards to the Alex Smith trade with KC.....until its official, its just nothing more than rumors and speculation. I would be shocked if Reid gives up his 34th overall draft pick for Smith. Forget the second draft pick. The 34th overall draft pick alone would be a steal for us but at the same time, I'll believe it when I see it.

As for me backpeddling....if it happens, well, I'll be damned but at the same time, a lot can change in the next 13 days. I personally think that its more hype and style than substance to this so called done deal but thats just me.

As for Revis...dont see it happening. Revis is way too much money, would require a good amount of value in return plus he would have to sign an extension which wont happen if he wants $20m a season or so. Also, he cant be franchised in 2014 and is coming off a torn ACL. Personally, I would stay away unless its just for one year. Revis would get $6m this year including roster/signing/reporting bonuses which would be worth the risk but at the same time, there's no guarantee that the team would have the cap room to keep him past 2013. It could be like a Deion Sanders one year thing and thats it.

49ers cant put $20m a year into Revis when they have Kaepernick, Hunter, Crabtree, Iupati, A. Davis, Aldon Smith, Culliver, Brown and Whitner as UFA's in 2014 or 2015.

One year rental? Possible....longer? I dont see it happening but then again, if KC trades away their 34th overall draft pick to us for Smith, I guess that anything can happen. Just have to wait and see.

One thing is for sure. Team is going to be super stacked which makes me even more pissed off that we lost in the Super Bowl. Oh well, guess this team had to lose in a Super Bowl eventually.

And while it would probably cost too much to do, I would prefer trading up for Milliner as opposed to trading for Revis.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 01:21 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
In regards to the Alex Smith trade with KC.....until its official, its just nothing more than rumors and speculation. I would be shocked if Reid gives up his 34th overall draft pick for Smith. Forget the second draft pick. The 34th overall draft pick alone would be a steal for us but at the same time, I'll believe it when I see it.
This isn't your typical run of the mill rumor. The only thing preventing the "official" label is the start date of free agency. Everything is pretty much set in place. Smith is going to Kansas City for the 34th overall pick.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 02:49 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness
This isn't your typical run of the mill rumor. The only thing preventing the "official" label is the start date of free agency. Everything is pretty much set in place. Smith is going to Kansas City for the 34th overall pick.
Still remains to be seen. Around this time of the year, nothing can be believed until it happens.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 03:06 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh Dan. Just be happy. Trade rapeage is fun when you're the raper.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote