Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Where will Alex Smith be next season
Buffalo 5 4.63%
Cleveland 10 9.26%
Kansas City 47 43.52%
Jacksonville 6 5.56%
Arizona 25 23.15%
NY Jets 10 9.26%
Other: Who 5 4.63%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-27-2013, 05:11 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
More accurate how? 58.9% vs 59.3% career complete percentage. Whoopidy doo?

More mobile? Both are mobile.

Smarter how? Did you offer them the same riddle or something?

Can take more of a beating? If missing more games means take more of a beating, sure.

Soooooo, you were saying?
-Again, he's become considerably more accurate over the last year and a half. Cassel remains the same.

-Smith is more mobile, hence why I said he is more mobile

-So? He still takes more hits than Cassel does, and doesn't shy away from people the same way Cassel does

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Oh, you're right. He didn't miss it due to injury, he missed it to JT O'Sullivan beating him out in camp. I saw the 0 Games Played and assumed.

I'm not sure that is any better though.
He's had stupid coaches and stupid offensive coordinators.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:12 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Oh, you're right. He didn't miss it due to injury, he missed it to JT O'Sullivan beating him out in camp. I saw the 0 Games Played and assumed.

I'm not sure that is any better though.

edit: Wait, he did miss the entire 2008 season due to the shoulder injury, didn't he?
I caught myself, so you now look lame.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 02-27-2013, 05:13 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
He's more accurate, more mobile, smarter and can take more of a beating. Anything else?
More accurate by barely 1%, thats a wash. More mobile, debatable. Smarter, also debatable. Anything else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:14 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
-Again, he's become considerably more accurate over the last year and a half. Cassel remains the same.

-Smith is more mobile, hence why I said he is more mobile

-So? He still takes more hits than Cassel does, and doesn't shy away from people the same way Cassel does

He's had stupid coaches and stupid offensive coordinators.
It's already been stated that his accuracy led to 14 more completed passes for the entire year. The difference in accuracy is so minute it doesn't even count.

Ditto for mobility. They're practically the same.

So the best you can come up with is he's slightly more accurate and mobile to a point where the difference is negligible, and that somehow justifies trading the 34th pick in the draft for him?

That's the best you can come up with?
Old 02-27-2013, 05:15 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So again, I ask the question.

Show me a legitimate difference.

Look, I might be a dick, and I might be snotty with my argument, but at least my argument is the same. I think they both suck. So I'm sticking to the same principles on judging both of them.

But if you feel Smith is a good qb, then please show me why Cassel isn't either since they pretty much have had identical careers.

You can't tell me Smith is good and Cassel isn't, and not provide any irrefutable evidence as to why. Show it to me.

If you can show it to me, I'll accept the trade. Until then, I'm going to mock this trade.
Because Cassell, or any fucktard QB can do this on a regular basis.

At the time of Smith's concussion, in Smith's previous eight quarters of football, he had completed 32 of 35 passes for 385 yards with 5 touchdowns and 1 interception.

That's right, in that stretch he had more touchdown passes than incompletions.

In his last full game before the injury, Smith had completed 18 of 19 passes in a rout against the Arizona Cardinals.

So, that's "horrible"? Or is the schit he did in his early seasons more important than what he had developed into?

As for the "TREMENDOUS VALUE" of the 34th pick.
http://www.draftcountdown.com/features/Value-Chart.php

It's only worth 560 points.
Alex Smith was taken with the 1st overall pick, which is where the Chiefs were rumored (by some here) to be taking Geno Smith. That pick is valued at 3,000 points.

If you add in a 3rd round pick next year to SF, it's another 190 points if they finish around .500. So that is about equal to the 24th overall pick.

I don't personally like Andy Reid, but I think that's a fair value for a QB like Smith, who is a lot better now than he was 8 years ago when he was taken #1 overall.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:16 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
It's already been stated that his accuracy led to 14 more completed passes for the entire year. The difference in accuracy is so minute it doesn't even count.

Ditto for mobility. They're practically the same.

So the best you can come up with is he's slightly more accurate and mobile to a point where the difference is negligible, and that somehow justifies trading the 34th pick in the draft for him?

That's the best you can come up with?
You realize he was the most accurate passer in the NFL this year, right? I forgot this year doesn't count, apparently.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 02-27-2013, 05:17 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
smarter and can take more of a beating. Anything else?
Cassel is one of the toughest QBs in the NFL. Even people that hate Cassel will acknowledge that. And when the Chiefs were operating at their highest level, Cassel was calling the plays in a hurry up offense.
Old 02-27-2013, 05:17 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It is honestly mind blowing that this many people are defending Alex Smith, haha.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:18 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It is honestly mind blowing that this many people are defending Alex Smith, haha.
Many of us feel the same way about your defense of Geno Smith when it comes/came to the 1st overall pick.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:18 PM    (permalink
ViperVisor
Pro Bowler

ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
And secondly, you can't just look at the numbers and assume Smith is any good, which is a concept that's pretty foreign to you. Smith doesn't throw it deep, he doesn't throw it outside the hash marks. He's been an awful qb for 80% of his long career. His own damn coach tried to replace him numerous times and the second he had a chance to, he did.
THROWS OF 20-PLUS YARDS IN 2011 (includes playoff games)
(From Pro Football Focus)
AARON RODGERS, Packers (16 games): 129.1 QB rating
33 of 66, 1,264 yards, 14 TD, 1 INT
MATT SCHAUB, Texans (10 games): 125.3
14 of 37, 499 yards, 5 TD, 0 INT
TONY ROMO, Cowboys (16 games): 123.8
32 of 61, 1,166 yards, 13 TD, 2 INT
ALEX SMITH, 49ers (18 games): 111.4
21 of 51, 723 yards, 6 TD, 2 INT
MATTHEW STAFFORD, Lions (17 games): 107.8
34 of 83, 1,187, 12 TD, 4 INT
DREW BREES, Saints (18 games): 107.3
44 of 86, 1,187 yards, 20 TD, 6 INT
ELI MANNING, Giants (20 games): 103.2
49 of 123, 1,675 yards, 15 TD, 7 INT
CAM NEWTON, Panthers (16 games): 92.6
33 of 89, 1,149 yards, 7 TD, 4 INT
PHILIP RIVERS, Chargers (16 games): 91.4
28 of 75 935 yards, 12 TD, 6 INT
TOM BRADY, Patriots (19 games): 87.7
23 of 73, 746 yards, 10 TD, 4 INT
JOE FLACCO, Ravens (18 games): 81.8
25 of 88, 816 yards, 8 TD, 3 INT

BEN ROETHLISBERGER, Steelers (16 games): 77.5
24 of 75, 818 yards, 7 TD, 5 INT
MICHAEL VICK, Eagles (13 games): 77.2
24 of 58, 769 yards, 3 TD, 4 INT
JAY CUTLER, Bears (10 games): 77.0
14 of 37, 425 yards, 2 TD, 2 INT
MATTRYAN, Falcons (17 games): 69.3
16 of 63, 518 yards, 4 TD, 2 INT

Quote:
With the best defense in the league and a top 3 running game.
The 2011 49ers were 1 spot behind the Colts in yards per rush in 2011. 19th.

The 2011 49ers sucked in short yardage and the redzone on the ground. Those failures on offense went beyond Alex Smith.

Last edited by ViperVisor : 02-27-2013 at 05:41 PM.
ViperVisor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:19 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Because Cassell, or any fucktard QB can do this on a regular basis.

At the time of Smith's concussion, in Smith's previous eight quarters of football, he had completed 32 of 35 passes for 385 yards with 5 touchdowns and 1 interception.

That's right, in that stretch he had more touchdown passes than incompletions.

In his last full game before the injury, Smith had completed 18 of 19 passes in a rout against the Arizona Cardinals.

So, that's "horrible"? Or is the schit he did in his early seasons more important than what he had developed into?

As for the "TREMENDOUS VALUE" of the 34th pick.
http://www.draftcountdown.com/features/Value-Chart.php

It's only worth 560 points.
Alex Smith was taken with the 1st overall pick, which is where the Chiefs were rumored (by some here) to be taking Geno Smith. That pick is valued at 3,000 points.

If you add in a 3rd round pick next year to SF, it's another 190 points if they finish around .500. So that is about equal to the 24th overall pick.

I don't personally like Andy Reid, but I think that's a fair value for a QB like Smith, who is a lot better now than he was 8 years ago when he was taken #1 overall.
So now we're reducing ourselves to comparing 8 quarters to 8 quarters?

Really?

And ok genius, if he was that good for those last 8 quarters, THEN WHY DID THEY BENCH HIM?

Holy ****, why is this such a difficult concept for you Smith lovers to understand?

He just came from playing the best football of his career, and was instantly benched for the rest of the season after his backup played 1 GOOD GAME.

Are you that dumb that you can't read btw the lines and figure out that Harbaugh knew he sucked? Why would he bench a guy for the rest of the season when he was dominating so much?
Old 02-27-2013, 05:20 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Many of us feel the same way about your defense of Geno Smith when it comes/came to the 1st overall pick.
Says the guy who just mocked Geno to the Chiefs #1 in his most recent mock draft?

I never once said Geno was the best player in this draft, just that he made the most sense to the Chiefs based on where they were picking and their current needs. If you still want to refute that, go ahead, but you'll still be wrong. Or at least would have been before this trade.

Old 02-27-2013, 05:20 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
So now we're reducing ourselves to comparing 8 quarters to 8 quarters?

Really?

And ok genius, if he was that good for those last 8 quarters, THEN WHY DID THEY BENCH HIM?

Holy ****, why is this such a difficult concept for you Smith lovers to understand?

He just came from playing the best football of his career, and was instantly benched for the rest of the season after his backup played 1 GOOD GAME.

Are you that dumb that you can't read btw the lines and figure out that Harbaugh knew he sucked? Why would he bench a guy for the rest of the season when he was dominating so much?
WHY WOULD MARTY BENCH GANNON AFTER HE LEAD THE CHIEFS TO THE PLAYOFFS? Again, things like this happen. It isn't the be all end all evaluation of a player.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 02-27-2013, 05:21 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
You realize he was the most accurate passer in the NFL this year, right? I forgot this year doesn't count, apparently.
You realize you can't compare statistics from an 8 game season to a 16 game season right?
Old 02-27-2013, 05:21 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Imma laugh when Alex is blowing chunks.

J-mike....never stop plz.

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:22 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Says the guy who just mocked Geno to the Chiefs #1 in his most recent mock draft?

I never once said Geno was the best player in this draft, just that he made the most sense to the Chiefs based on where they were picking and their current needs. If you still want to refute that, go ahead, but you'll still be wrong. Or at least would have been before this trade.
When I do a mock I don't do what I think a team should do, I mock on what I think they will do.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:22 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperVisor View Post
THROWS OF 20-PLUS YARDS IN 2011 (includes playoff games)
(From Pro Football Focus)
AARON RODGERS, Packers (16 games): 129.1 QB rating
33 of 66, 1,264 yards, 14 TD, 1 INT
MATT SCHAUB, Texans (10 games): 125.3
14 of 37, 499 yards, 5 TD, 0 INT
TONY ROMO, Cowboys (16 games): 123.8
32 of 61, 1,166 yards, 13 TD, 2 INT
ALEX SMITH, 49ers (18 games): 111.4
21 of 51, 723 yards, 6 TD, 2 INT

MATTHEW STAFFORD, Lions (17 games): 107.8
34 of 83, 1,187, 12 TD, 4 INT
DREW BREES, Saints (18 games): 107.3
44 of 86, 1,187 yards, 20 TD, 6 INT
ELI MANNING, Giants (20 games): 103.2
49 of 123, 1,675 yards, 15 TD, 7 INT
CAM NEWTON, Panthers (16 games): 92.6
33 of 89, 1,149 yards, 7 TD, 4 INT
PHILIP RIVERS, Chargers (16 games): 91.4
28 of 75 935 yards, 12 TD, 6 INT
TOM BRADY, Patriots (19 games): 87.7
23 of 73, 746 yards, 10 TD, 4 INT
JOE FLACCO, Ravens (18 games): 81.8
25 of 88, 816 yards, 8 TD, 3 INT

BEN ROETHLISBERGER, Steelers (16 games): 77.5
24 of 75, 818 yards, 7 TD, 5 INT
MICHAEL VICK, Eagles (13 games): 77.2
24 of 58, 769 yards, 3 TD, 4 INT
JAY CUTLER, Bears (10 games): 77.0
14 of 37, 425 yards, 2 TD, 2 INT
MATTRYAN, Falcons (17 games): 69.3
16 of 63, 518 yards, 4 TD, 2 INT
Wait, they say it's easy to do that because the OL was so great, and he had Randy Moss at WR.

Quote:
LMAO
Quote:
They say ANYONE could have done that behind that 49er Offensive Line and great defense.
And he still sucked a few years ago right, LOL.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:24 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
You realize you can't compare statistics from an 8 game season to a 16 game season right?
It was 9 basically, and it's still a legit way of showing how much his accuracy has improved.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 02-27-2013, 05:25 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
WHY WOULD MARTY BENCH GANNON AFTER HE LEAD THE CHIEFS TO THE PLAYOFFS? Again, things like this happen. It isn't the be all end all evaluation of a player.
Rich Gannon was a free agent too. People should stop acting like the price tag for this trade doesn't come into play.

No one would be the least bit upset if the Chiefs signed Alex Smith as a FA. No one. The problem is when you give up multiple premium picks for a guy that just isn't that good to begin with.

Old 02-27-2013, 05:25 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
So let's evaluate his worth to his team using logic here shall we?

Old regime hates him. Benches him. Plays David Carr and Troy Smith over him.

New regime in Harbaugh comes in.

Harbaugh then proceeds to draft a qb in the 2nd round to replace him.

In the offseason after Smith had success, Harbaugh actively tried replacing him with another qb. They did not immediately give Smith a contract.

Smith then proceeds to see if there is any interest in him in the open market. Nobody wants to touch him with a 10 foot pole.

He's left coming back to SF after their attempts of replacing him failed, and he signs a deal to stay, but it's a team friendly deal that they can move on from if need be, which already shows their own concerns about him as a player.

He then proceeds to play. The second he's hurt, he's benched and replaced.

They then proceed to trade him in the offseason.

If his own team and coaching staff essentially just smeared **** on him for the past 2 years, why would anyone else want him? Don't they know what he is better than anyone on the outside?
Old 02-27-2013, 05:28 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Mediocrity is where the quarterback position is now in the NFL.

Philadelphia, Minnesota, Tampa Bay, Arizona, St. Louis, Buffalo, Miami, New York Jets, Kansas City (looking prior to trade), Oakland, San Diego, Cleveland, Jacksonville and Tennessee all have experienced mediocrity or worse at the quarterback position. Miami has the youth in Tannehill but he has a ton of developing to do yet. A 2nd round pick for a QB who is mediocre to slightly above is the going rate in the league today.
And the combined super bowl rings from those team over the past decade (or more) is how many?

Oh, that's right, 0.

So the Chiefs can settle with a mediocre QB because it's ok! the rest of the league is doing it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:28 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderz4Life View Post
Imma laugh when Alex is blowing chunks.

J-mike....never stop plz.
do you laugh when carson palmer "blows chunks"?

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:32 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

When we point out Smith's shortcomings, he has a laundry list of reasons why that happened.

When he succeeds, we point out that he needed an insanely talented team around him and a great coaching staff for it to happen.

The same exact thing happened with Matt Cassel. Yet it's not the same circumstance?

See that's my point. If you want to say Smith is a good qb, that's fine. You can justify it with whatever reasons you state. I will disagree, but again, it's an opinion of mine, not a fact.

But you cannot turn around and state all those reasons, but then not use those same reasons to justify Cassel.

BC it's the same exact reasons. Cassel did well when he was under the same circumstances as Smith. When both were under harsh conditions they both sucked.

And neither outperformed the other at their peak to a point to justify that one is clearly superior to the other. I can make arguments to show Cassel at his peak is better than Smith.

So again, if you feel Smith is good, THAT'S FINE. But please show me why he's good and Cassel is bad? Bc your argument for Smith is essentially the same argument for Cassel.

Don't you see how hypocritical you are being? That's the point.
Old 02-27-2013, 05:34 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
do you laugh when carson palmer "blows chunks"?
I do actually.

I love your little 4th grade comeback

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:34 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ok bbd alex smith=matt cassell. satisfied?

#chiefsin2013

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote