Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 02-27-2013, 07:41 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Okay. You got me. I'm pretty sure Raiders will give up their whole draft for him.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:43 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
Okay. You got me. I'm pretty sure Raiders will give up their whole draft for him.
Deal. No takesies-backsies.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:47 PM    (permalink
DcmRulz
Pro Bowler

DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's not like Andy Reid hasn't taken QBs in the first 3 rounds less than a year after signing a Qb to a long term extension. Like last year.

Don't think it will happen in this particular case, but not out of the realm of possibility, especially if the right guy comes along (Landry Jones? Zac Dysert?).

Hackenberg vs Morris!
Starting up the Keeton train again, it's that time of year!

Sleeper QB Freshman: Mason Rudolph
DcmRulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:13 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

in all honesty, if you're a GM and you're taking a job with your job security in mind over winning a championship, you're in the wrong profession. If you're worried about taking a risk because it could cost you your job and would prefer mediocrity and one-and-done playoff appearances for 5-8 years, then you may need to re-think things
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:17 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
in all honesty, if you're a GM and you're taking a job with your job security in mind over winning a championship, you're in the wrong profession. If you're worried about taking a risk because it could cost you your job and would prefer mediocrity and one-and-done playoff appearances for 5-8 years, then you may need to re-think things
haha so laughable...why would anyone be concerned about job security?!?! it's not like these guys have families to support or any of that fun stuff

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:20 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
haha so laughable...why would anyone be concerned about job security?!?! it's not like these guys have families to support or any of that fun stuff
well, first off: they're getting multi-million dollar contracts and have been in the business for a while, so let's not have that obscure our vision.

The goal of running a team is to win a super bowl. In doing so, you have to take risks, if you're not willing to take said risks, you're in the wrong profession.
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 02-27-2013, 08:25 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
well, first off: they're getting multi-million dollar contracts and have been in the business for a while, so let's not have that obscure our vision.

The goal of running a team is to win a super bowl. In doing so, you have to take risks, if you're not willing to take said risks, you're in the wrong profession.
It's easy to say take risks on an internet forum, but if you were a first time GM I'm guessing you wouldn't potentially hitch your wagon and career reputation on a quarterback like Geno Smith.

Old 02-27-2013, 08:35 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
It's easy to say take risks on an internet forum, but if you were a first time GM I'm guessing you wouldn't potentially hitch your wagon and career reputation on a quarterback like Geno Smith.
And it's easy to hate on Geno from the internet too. We really dont know what scouts actually think of Geno or what he'll become.

Also, as a first time GM, i wouldn't give away such a valuable pick for such a mediocre QB. I wish we could have time machines, because I'd bet Dorsey would stay in power longer if he took Geno/didnt trade this pick for Smith than he does now
Quote:
Old 02-27-2013, 08:39 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
And it's easy to hate on Geno from the internet too. We really dont know what scouts actually think of Geno or what he'll become.

Also, as a first time GM, i wouldn't give away such a valuable pick for such a mediocre QB. I wish we could have time machines, because I'd bet Dorsey would stay in power longer if he took Geno/didnt trade this pick for Smith than he does now
Clearly the Chiefs scouts and Andy Reid don't think too highly of Geno, and for the sake of this discussion, that's what's most important.

Old 02-27-2013, 08:55 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Actually, the move that would have provided more job security for Dorsey & Reid would have been to draft Geno. If he fails? People will say, "So what? At least they tried."

If Alex struggles and/or Geno is good, **** is going to hit the fan. Alex basically has to be Drew Brees 2.0 for this to not be an awful trade that potentially gets Reid and Dorsey fired.
Old 02-27-2013, 09:46 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

**** it..Give me Patterson...Only guy with superstar potential in this draft IMO.

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.
adschofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:59 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I is confused bros
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:01 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's gonna be Joeckel. The Chiefs won't be able to trade down.
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:13 PM    (permalink
John Preston
Rookie

John Preston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.John Preston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.John Preston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.John Preston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.John Preston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.John Preston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.John Preston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.John Preston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.John Preston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.John Preston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.John Preston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want to add one more thought before I commit seppuku:

The options weren't Geno Smith or Alex Smith, it's a more diverse group of choices than that.

Let's say that Andy Reid absolutely loathes the QB class this year. Despises it. Then don't take a QB #1. I personally think that would be a mistake, but the option is there.

Why would you trade two premium picks for a guy whose value was so low? He's been benched five separate times, no one wanted him in FA last year, and he was about to be cut.

Reid has the option of punting on a QB choice. He could have signed a one year stopgap and rolled some picks over into 2014 to move up.

Instead, he feels that a 29 year old backup QB is his franchise QB. A QB who wasn't good enough to win with a top 3 defense, excellent running game, and tremendous offensive line.

The Chiefs are going to take Joeckel #1 overall. In essence, Andy Reid and John Dorsey have made this trade:

Luke Joeckel and Alex Smith for 1.1, 2.34, another unknown second day pick in 2014, and Branden Albert.

Would anyone look at that and not find it to be among the worst trades in NFL history?
John Preston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:53 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, obviously I hate that trade and hope Andy backs out before it's official, but it seems like a done deal.

I'm starting the Dee Milliner #1 overall hype train right here. Re-sign Albert instead of taking a tackle.

KC needs an outside corner across from Flowers and the kid looks like a star.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:01 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not so sure about Milliner. How many Alabama corners have moved up to the NFL and been stars?

They can coach DBs down there, that's for damn sure, but I'm not sure about his ability to play in the pros. They're going to throw coverages at him he just isn't familiar with, and I think he'll struggle.

Old 02-27-2013, 11:03 PM    (permalink
TonyGfortheTD
Veteran

TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I absolutely think it will when he has them competing each week in the thick of a playoff race in a weak AFC...
This is the line that get said over and over and I think it's weak.

Denver will be an issue and if San Diego figures out that Rivers needs better protection, the AFC West will get tougher.
Old 02-27-2013, 11:07 PM    (permalink
DcmRulz
Pro Bowler

DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I'm not so sure about Milliner. How many Alabama corners have moved up to the NFL and been stars?

They can coach DBs down there, that's for damn sure, but I'm not sure about his ability to play in the pros. They're going to throw coverages at him he just isn't familiar with, and I think he'll struggle.
The Alabama DB you already have on the team isn't doing so bad, considering his physical limits.

Hackenberg vs Morris!
Starting up the Keeton train again, it's that time of year!

Sleeper QB Freshman: Mason Rudolph
DcmRulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:09 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DcmRulz View Post
The Alabama DB you already have on the team isn't doing so bad, considering his physical limits.
He's not doing that well either. He's mediocre in the return game and he likely is never going to be more than a nickle corner.

Oh, and he was a mid second round pick, not first overall.

Old 02-27-2013, 11:23 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Arenas made a huge leap once he was put on the outside after they cut Routt. Obviously you don't want to rely on him continuing to be a legit #2 corner with such a small sample size. They could have really nice depth at the position if they drafted Milliner with Menzie coming back and Jalil Brown hopefully taking another step up.

OT is such a dumb move. They'll have wasted the 1st and 34th picks if they draft Joeckel. It'd make for one of the most pointless off-seasons in the history of sports.

The only option other than Milliner, imo. Is *gulp* Patterson since I don't like Floyd as a 5-tech in the NFL.
Old 02-27-2013, 11:24 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Preston View Post
I want to add one more thought before I commit seppuku:

The options weren't Geno Smith or Alex Smith, it's a more diverse group of choices than that.

Let's say that Andy Reid absolutely loathes the QB class this year. Despises it. Then don't take a QB #1. I personally think that would be a mistake, but the option is there.

Why would you trade two premium picks for a guy whose value was so low? He's been benched five separate times, no one wanted him in FA last year, and he was about to be cut.

Reid has the option of punting on a QB choice. He could have signed a one year stopgap and rolled some picks over into 2014 to move up.

Instead, he feels that a 29 year old backup QB is his franchise QB. A QB who wasn't good enough to win with a top 3 defense, excellent running game, and tremendous offensive line.

The Chiefs are going to take Joeckel #1 overall. In essence, Andy Reid and John Dorsey have made this trade:

Luke Joeckel and Alex Smith for 1.1, 2.34, another unknown second day pick in 2014, and Branden Albert.

Would anyone look at that and not find it to be among the worst trades in NFL history?
The first bold is absolutely not true. Reports indicated that the Cardinals were in the running and the ultimate price suggests more teams were as well. He was the best QB on the market. They weren't cutting him.

The second bold is something I perhaps agree with. But you'd have to sell to your fan base that Chad Henne or Matt Moore can improve your team. And you'd have to actually be able to lure one of them. That I think would be possible.

The third one is ridiculous. His record as a starter was phenomenal. He was ridiculously impressive in the Saints playoff win. He sucked vs. the same Giants D that shut out Rodgers and Brady during that run! Did they ultimately win the SB? No. But to say "he wasn't good enough to win" is ridiculous.

Andy Reid has consistently gotten the best out of his QBs. If anyone can maximize his potential, it's him. Does he have as good a supporting cast as he did in SF? Probably not. But it's not bad and Charles is probably the best player on either offense...
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:34 PM    (permalink
49ers1984
Rookie

49ers1984 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.49ers1984 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.49ers1984 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.49ers1984 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.49ers1984 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.49ers1984 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.49ers1984 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.49ers1984 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.49ers1984 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.49ers1984 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.49ers1984 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Alex Smith is the very definition of mediocre. No one gets excited for Alex Smith, unless they're delusional.
Alex Smith

2011 17 TD 5 Ints 3144 yards
2012 13 TD 5 Ints (before getting injured)

Not sure how you think that is mediocre. It is funny how people are crapping
on Alex Smith because the Chiefs are not picking who they want them to pick.
49ers1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:36 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Woah, 17 whole TDs and a whopping 3100 yards? That's totally worth two premium draft picks.

Isn't 3100 17/5 the very definition of mediocre in the NFL today?

Old 02-27-2013, 11:37 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Woah, 17 whole TDs and a whopping 3100 yards? That's totally worth two premium draft picks.
Game managers are franchise QBs now, brah!
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:39 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

lol. They already have a guy that can get 27/7 with 3100 with a decent offensive scheme. Better than Smith has ever done. And another season with 21/11 and near 3700yds behind a bad OL. Also better than Smith has ever done.