Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts A Place to Post and Discuss Your Own Mock Drafts

Old 02-18-2013, 08:51 PM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

than*

;)

God damn it.

No offense, but your Raiders draft sucks.
Abaddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 01:38 PM    (permalink
eliasrapp98
Rookie

eliasrapp98 eliasrapp98 eliasrapp98 eliasrapp98 eliasrapp98 eliasrapp98 eliasrapp98 eliasrapp98 eliasrapp98 eliasrapp98 eliasrapp98

Updated 3-4 Eagles:

1. NT
2. Safety
3. Cornerback
4. Tackle
5. Guard
6. QB
7. 3-4 DE
8. TE
9. Big WR
10. Punter
eliasrapp98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:31 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm going to go ahead and just repeat myself from a mock draft thread because I felt this sums up the Raiders current needs.

When it comes to the defensive front 7 right now the Raiders have two distinctly different needs. These are not the only needs in the front 7; I am simply attempting to differentiate the two.

1) Outside pass rushers (4-3 DE/3-4 OLB)
2) Gap-controlling interior defensive linemen (3-4 NT/4-3 DT/3-4 DE)

Floyd can project to a 3-4 DE, but he is a single gap penetrator and he struggles at controlling the line of scrimmage. And yet he still doesn't get to the QB very well.

The Raiders are much better served getting someone who is versatile enough to play DE/OLB and provide a pass rush while also addressing the need to get at least 1 (maybe 3) player(s) who can actually control the line of scrimmage.

Because of the bevy of needs all over the roster due to 1) numerous players in free agency, 2) cap hell, and 3) players just playing poorly at their positions, the best option for the Raiders is a trade down to pick up more assets.

In order:
1) Trade down*
2) Pass-rusher or gap-controller
3) See above
4) CB
5) MLB
6) RT
7) CB
8) OG

The difficult problem is how urgent so many of these needs are--like all of them. None of these are luxuries. The Raiders have maybe 2 starters under contract in the front 7 right now (Burris/Houston). So they clearly need to address that repeatedly (like Crow would address Kate Upton repeatedly). They have no starting corners under contract, however RM comes from the philosophy of building from the inside out so likely addressing lines first. They have a black hole at RT that absolutely killed the Raiders as much as the ZBS did last year. And they need probably 2 new OGs.

After these urgent needs are taken care of, the Raiders could use a #1 WR, a TE to replace Brandon Myers if he leaves, a RBotF and a QBotF.

Raider fans am I missing anything?

*Caveat: I know most mock drafters aren't comfortable with projecting trades.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:26 PM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
I'm going to go ahead and just repeat myself from a mock draft thread because I felt this sums up the Raiders current needs.

When it comes to the defensive front 7 right now the Raiders have two distinctly different needs. These are not the only needs in the front 7; I am simply attempting to differentiate the two.

1) Outside pass rushers (4-3 DE/3-4 OLB)
2) Gap-controlling interior defensive linemen (3-4 NT/4-3 DT/3-4 DE)

Floyd can project to a 3-4 DE, but he is a single gap penetrator and he struggles at controlling the line of scrimmage. And yet he still doesn't get to the QB very well.

The Raiders are much better served getting someone who is versatile enough to play DE/OLB and provide a pass rush while also addressing the need to get at least 1 (maybe 3) player(s) who can actually control the line of scrimmage.

Because of the bevy of needs all over the roster due to 1) numerous players in free agency, 2) cap hell, and 3) players just playing poorly at their positions, the best option for the Raiders is a trade down to pick up more assets.

In order:
1) Trade down*
2) Pass-rusher or gap-controller
3) See above
4) CB
5) MLB
6) RT
7) CB
8) OG

The difficult problem is how urgent so many of these needs are--like all of them. None of these are luxuries. The Raiders have maybe 2 starters under contract in the front 7 right now (Burris/Houston). So they clearly need to address that repeatedly (like Crow would address Kate Upton repeatedly). They have no starting corners under contract, however RM comes from the philosophy of building from the inside out so likely addressing lines first. They have a black hole at RT that absolutely killed the Raiders as much as the ZBS did last year. And they need probably 2 new OGs.

After these urgent needs are taken care of, the Raiders could use a #1 WR, a TE to replace Brandon Myers if he leaves, a RBotF and a QBotF.

Raider fans am I missing anything?

*Caveat: I know most mock drafters aren't comfortable with projecting trades.
Co-signed.

God damn it.

No offense, but your Raiders draft sucks.
Abaddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 04:35 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Titans

1) DE - Hate to say it, but I think Wimbly will be a bust FA. Morgan is solid, but not an elite pass rusher. We have no depth either.

2) DT - Casey and Martin should be a good starting duo, but I want a playmaker. When Haynesworth was dominant, he made the whole defense better. We need pressure from inside and out.

3) OG - Not sure if Hutchinson comes back, but we need one good starter regardless. I think we will resign Valesco to be the starting C.

4) S - We signed Wilson presumably to start opposite Griffin. He got a 2 year deal and he is 32. We have no depth.

5) CB - We have no playmaker, just some solid guys. We have two guys who could maybe come off the bench and do something, but they are really just measurables guys at this point. Although I think our defensive fix starts up front, I can see going CB high depending on who's available on D.

6) RB - Kinda iffy on this one as I want to see a guy we have, Collin Mooney, play as a compliment to CJ. He's a big boy, hard runner from his college days. He has played FB and RB. I like his potential, but we may need to replace 2 RB's this offseason, so this could be looked at as a need.

7) WR - Who knows how long Britt has as a Titan. Wright will be penciled in as a starter for awhile, but maybe we need another Britt-like playmaker on the roster.
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 11:35 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dallas:

1. Safety

I really want to put RT or interior OL here and would have no problem with the team spending our 1st to address either, but releasing Sensabaugh has thrown a wrench into this for me. We cannot go into the season with Church coming off an achilles injury and either Matt Johnson/Danny McCray as our plan A at the safety positions. That's a disaster waiting to happen, and as we stand we have the worst Safety situation in the league heading into the off-season. MUST be addressed.

2. C/OG

We re-signed Costa and have Mack and Livings under contract for a few more seaons, so unlike Safety we at least have some insurance policy at the interior OL. But that's not to say we should consider ourselves "set" at the positions. We need to bring in at least 1 guy, whether it's C or OG, to challenge for the job... and preferably it's an upgrade in talent.

3. OT

Free was our worst lineman last season and I don't expect him to return, but luckily we have a possible replacement already on the roster in Jeremy Parnell. But, he's a little bit of an unknown and we could use someone to challenge for the job as insurance policy. Also, it's important in today's league to have a quality swing Tackle off the bench.

4. RB

This is a bigger need than it should be because of the question marks surrounding DeMarco Murray and his ability to stay on the field. He fell in the draft due to durability concerns, and while he's great when healthy, those durability concerns have stayed with him in the NFL. With Felix likely done in Dallas we have the opportunity to bring in another back, but it can't be a "compliment" back... we need to almost plan like Murray isn't on the team. Luckily, starting quality backs can be found after Round 1 and all the way through the middle rounds.

5. OLB

Carter and Lee are entrenched into 2 LB spots, but what are we doing about the 3rd? We've been drafting 3-4 LBs for years and unfortunately guys like Albright and Wilbur are odd fits in this new scheme. Sims or Connor might be an option as a stopgap, but neither are longterm answers at Sam and if we have the opportunity to grab a legitimate starter we need to pull the trigger.

6. DE

Even if Spencer stays for this season, his future is up in the air and we don't have legitimate options to replace him. Crawford lacks the athleticism and quick-twitch ability to be an effective edge rusher, he'll likely slide inside in the new scheme. Outside of Ware and Spencer who are the edge rushers under contract?? It's a critical position in this new D that requires quality depth.

7. DT

A rotation of Ratliff, Hatcher, Crawford and Lissemore is pretty solid but both starters are on the wrong side of 30 and neither would be confused with pro-bowl talent. We're OK there if we don't address it this off-season, but if an opportunity arises where we can land a blue chip 3-tech we need to think long and hard about it.

8. WR

When Dez and Miles are healthy they are a fantastic duo on the outside and Harris can hold his own in the slot. The problem, Miles is hamstung too often and when he goes down we don't really have another WR on the roster who can win consistently opposite Dez on the outside. He also has not lived up to the contract extension and we would be wise to start grooming an eventual replacement. Even if Miles is healthy, he's someone who can slide into the slot leaving another opportunity for an outside WR to step in and make plays. We could use another WR with the height/weight/speed combination of a Dez or Miles.
Old 03-06-2013, 01:24 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For Miami:

1. WR - Moves down the list if Mike Wallace is signed.

2. CB - Sean Smith is a FA and isn't expected back.

3. OT - Jake Long is very questionable to return, and injuries have cost him effectiveness the last couple of years. Jon Martin was very pedestrian at RT last year.

4. TE - Fasano is uncertain to be brought back, but even if he is, we need a better pass-catching option that can stretch the seams and make plays downfield.

5. DE - The defensive line is set as far as starters go, but depth could be an issue with only Olivier Vernon as a legit option off the bench.

6. FS - If Chris Clemons is let go, this position could move up a couple spots. We have some decent in-house options to replace him but nothing spectacular.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 12:40 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let Levitre walk.

Let Rinehart walk.

I think it is time to start giving Buffalo an OG at #8 or for sure 2nd rnd.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 02:51 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Updated Bears needs, in order:

1- MLB (just give us Arthur Brown, people)
2- CB
3- LG
4- SLB
5- C
6- DE
7- WR

Last edited by Monomach : 03-29-2013 at 03:10 PM.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 12:30 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Packers:

ILB
RB
3-4 DE
S
OT
WR

There's no logical order to put them in because TT does whatever the **** he wants draft day.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 10:43 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can we make it known the Titans have Jurrell Casey, Mike Martin, Karl Klug and Sammie Lee Hill at DT
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 06:06 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think that we're taking a guard in the 1st or 2nd. Here's why:
  • Buddy Nix has never taken a lineman this high, let alone a guard
  • Buddy Nix has said that he's confident in the guys that we have on the roster to fill in at guard
  • Guards just don't go #8 overall

I've seen so many mock drafts with Cooper and Warmack at #8 and it just baffles me. I'd bet anything that we don't take either one of at that pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 09:51 PM    (permalink
MrSmith88
Rookie

MrSmith88 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.MrSmith88 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.MrSmith88 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.MrSmith88 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.MrSmith88 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.MrSmith88 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.MrSmith88 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.MrSmith88 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.MrSmith88 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.MrSmith88 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.MrSmith88 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
Vikings:
1. QB
2. LT (or just OL in general)
3. DB (S and CB)
4. DL (DE or DT)
5. LB
What happened to Kahlil??
MrSmith88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 07:26 PM    (permalink
cajunrevenge
Rookie

cajunrevenge hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Saints - Just going to do likely first round picks since most mock drafts wont go farther than that for a while and because there are 2 main positions the Saints would/should target with the first round pick.

1- OT - Charles Brown is mediocre a best and has been injury prone previously as a backup. He is a free agent after the season and is nothing more than a stop gap. The RT Zack Strief has played very well but is also a free agent to be. He is a decent RT but nothing special. Terron Armstead drafted last year could take one spot but when you have a QB like Brees you really would like to have a top notch LT. The only thing that can hold this offense down is letting the other team get pressure on Brees. First round tackle high priority.

2- 3-4 OLB - Parys Haralson has done a solid job opposite Junior Gallete who is a beast. He is another free agent to be who the better he plays the less likely he is to be back because of lack of cap space. Adding another top notch pass rusher could take the defense from very good to elite. Should be high priority for round 1 pick.
cajunrevenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 08:09 PM    (permalink
BobTheCowboysTroll
Rookie

BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll

Dallas

1. QB
2. Safety
3. OG
4. DE
5. OLB
6. RB
7. DT
8. T
9. WR
10. TE
11. CB
12 C
BobTheCowboysTroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 11:36 PM    (permalink
twiz
Veteran

twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Erased....

Last edited by twiz : 05-04-2014 at 03:30 AM.
twiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 11:56 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jets:

RB - Ivory hasn't looked good, and while Powell has been producing he has been getting really lucky with some big holes. Not a high priority but they should keep an eye out.
WR - Holmes is likely gone after this year and while Hill has been progressing nicely and is penciled in as the #1 WR for 2014, and Kerley is a legitimate #3 and slot WR, the Jets will have literally nothing aside from those two. Maybe not round 1, but possibly a day 2 pick.
TE - I'm not sold on Cumberland, while he does flash some solid play, its far too inconsistent. Depending on where the Jets pick, ASF and Ebron should be on their radar.
OG - Winters is the only 2014 Jets guard currently on the roster. However this is a position that is typically easy to find in free agency, they may settle for a 1 yr contract stopgap again like they did with Colon this year.
OT - If they don't re-sign Austin Howard, RT instantly becomes a huge need.
CB - Alright I can admit when I'm wrong and Kyle Wilson has been regressing and likely not long for the team. Cromartie and Milliner are locked in at #1 and #2 though so maybe a mid-round pick.
S - Dawan Landry was only a stop-gap, but Antonio Allen has been playing really well and showing promise so this isn't as huge of a need as it looks like on paper.
Old 10-20-2013, 01:00 PM    (permalink
Unbiased
Pro Bowler

Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jaguars:

1. a team
Old 10-20-2013, 01:34 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In no particular order:

New England Patriots:

"F" TE (Michael Hoomanawanui [FA])

RG (Dan Connolly, Marcus Cannon)

DT/NT (Vince Wilfork, Tommy Kelly, Armond Armstead)

LC (Aqib Talib [FA], Logan Ryan)

SS (Steve Gregory, Duron Harmon, Tavon Wilson)
Old 10-20-2013, 09:44 PM    (permalink
WT01
Rookie

WT01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WT01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WT01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WT01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WT01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WT01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WT01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WT01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WT01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WT01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WT01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seahawks:

DE: Michael Bennett is a free agent after the season and his success might lead to too big of a contract for the Seahawks to agree to. Red Bryant and Chris Clemons are both expensive and both could end up being cap casualties.

RT: Breno Giacomini is a free agent after the season and has never been very good. They've tried playing rookie Michael Bowie at the spot during Giacomini's injury but he hasn't played all that well either

G: The Seahawks' normal starting LG, Paul McQuistan, is also a free agent after the season and isn't very good. Former first rounder James Carpenter has only been okay so far this season. Starting RG, J.R. Sweezy is also playing poorly though he appears to have the backing of OL coach Tom Cable. Likely that a guard or two will be drafted early next year.

WR: Whether or not Harvin can return to his old form and stay healthy is still an unknown at this point. Sidney Rice is a likely cap casualty as he hasn't justified the money he's due in 2014 and 2015. Golden Tate is a free agent after the season and it's unclear how much the Seahawks will be willing to pay in order to retain him.

DT: Starting 3-tech Tony McDaniel is a free agent after the season, as is his backup Clinton McDonald. Jesse Williams, drafted to provide depth at the spot, was put on IR in the preseason with the lingering knee problems that caused him to fall to the fifth round in the draft.
WT01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 03:41 PM    (permalink
STsACE
Rookie

STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brownies:

1) QB - someone with a quick release, Hoyer most likely won't be ready and we need an upgrade even if Hoyer proves he can come back and play the way he did before he got injured. Finding that Franchise QB this year is very critical with the players we have and the picks we have as well.

2) RT - Schwartz is regressing in his second season. He's gonna get whoever our QB is killed as his pass protection is non-existant.

3) WR - Gordon, love him, but he's one strike away from a year long suspension. Little is inconsistent (QB play maybe for fault), we need someone to push him for the #2 spot. Bess is alright at slot and Benjamin is good for designed plays and STs. If memory serves me right Turner likes the bigger WRs, don't have to be burners, just good hands and routes.

4) LB - OLB, we're pretty set right now with Kruger, Mingo, Sheard and Groves. Jackson and Robertson are okay inside, but we could definately use someone with size and speed to be an enforcer.

5) RB - Someone who is decisive and has a quick burst through the hole. No wander T-Rich was traded as he doesn't have a great burst to hit the hole.

6) DB - Either a ball hawker to pair with Ward or a bigger CB to pair with Haden. Skrine (5'8") has done pretty good, but with the larger WRs in the league, we severely struggle

7) TE - Yeah, we got Cameron, but he's mostly just a receiver. We need a all-around TE, someone who can block as well as catch. Not looking for anyone in the 1st 2 rounds, unless one of the top TEs in this class slide

8) OG - We need some depth. Depth that can also push the existing starters for their jobs as they can't stay healthy

9) FB - Normally you can just find a guy in late rounds or UDFA, but we're using a RB as our FB right now for Pete's sake. Obi does alright but he's better suited as a change of pace back for us not a FB.

Not much needed really as we have some nice skill players and some Franchise players at some key positions; LT, C, DB, OLBs, D-Line, WR (minus any setbacks).

We really need that Franchise QB to make it come together before the key positions get old.
STsACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 04:14 PM    (permalink
twiz
Veteran

twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STsACE View Post
Brownies:

1) QB - someone with a quick release, Hoyer most likely won't be ready and we need an upgrade even if Hoyer proves he can come back and play the way he did before he got injured. Finding that Franchise QB this year is very critical with the players we have and the picks we have as well.

2) RT - Schwartz is regressing in his second season. He's gonna get whoever our QB is killed as his pass protection is non-existant.

3) WR - Gordon, love him, but he's one strike away from a year long suspension. Little is inconsistent (QB play maybe for fault), we need someone to push him for the #2 spot. Bess is alright at slot and Benjamin is good for designed plays and STs. If memory serves me right Turner likes the bigger WRs, don't have to be burners, just good hands and routes.

4) LB - OLB, we're pretty set right now with Kruger, Mingo, Sheard and Groves. Jackson and Robertson are okay inside, but we could definately use someone with size and speed to be an enforcer.

5) RB - Someone who is decisive and has a quick burst through the hole. No wander T-Rich was traded as he doesn't have a great burst to hit the hole.

6) DB - Either a ball hawker to pair with Ward or a bigger CB to pair with Haden. Skrine (5'8") has done pretty good, but with the larger WRs in the league, we severely struggle

7) TE - Yeah, we got Cameron, but he's mostly just a receiver. We need a all-around TE, someone who can block as well as catch. Not looking for anyone in the 1st 2 rounds, unless one of the top TEs in this class slide

8) OG - We need some depth. Depth that can also push the existing starters for their jobs as they can't stay healthy

9) FB - Normally you can just find a guy in late rounds or UDFA, but we're using a RB as our FB right now for Pete's sake. Obi does alright but he's better suited as a change of pace back for us not a FB.

Not much needed really as we have some nice skill players and some Franchise players at some key positions; LT, C, DB, OLBs, D-Line, WR (minus any setbacks).

We really need that Franchise QB to make it come together before the key positions get old.
I think you have the OG spot misunderstood. Greco, Cousins and Lauvao have struggled mightily. We need at least one starter to take over one of the spots, and Schwartz I think has been pretty solid. Not great, but having help next to him at RG would be nice.
twiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 05:05 PM    (permalink
STsACE
Rookie

STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twiz View Post
I think you have the OG spot misunderstood. Greco, Cousins and Lauvao have struggled mightily. We need at least one starter to take over one of the spots, and Schwartz I think has been pretty solid. Not great, but having help next to him at RG would be nice.
I said depth, but also depth that can push what we have for the starting spot, my bad if it came across differently. I just don't feel the need to go for one early in the draft unless there's someone who just blows the rest of the field away.

And I disagree about Schwartz, he's done okay with run blocking, somewhat, but he's struggled mightily against speed rushers in pass protection. Didn't notice it as much with Hoyer as Hoyer slid up into pocket and has a much quicker release than Weeden. He may look less than mediocre due to QB play, but if I recall right, when the 2 RTs were traded to Ravens and Steelers??? earlier this year, our FO called to try to get involved for either of the 2.

For either position though, a steady, capable QB will make both look better.
STsACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 06:48 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1a. Wide Receiver- Smitty's getting old and beginning to drop more passes than usual. LaFell is a decent number two, but nothing more and can't be considered a replacement for Smith. Ginn's played well this season, but similar to LaFell, he can't be expected to more than a slot guy. Another playmaker is crucial, preferably either someone with speed like Watkins to take advantage of Newton's strong arm, or someone big like Evans to compensate for Newton's tendency to throw high.

1b. Offensive line (tackle)- The OL can actually runblock pretty well, but is a huge liability in pass protection. Gross is getting old and all of our right tackles aren't very good, while we could also use at least one, probably two, more interior lineman.

2. Defensive back- Although we're weak in this department, the strength of the front seven has effectively masked this deficiency. We already have a top defense so this position will hopefully be picked only after our offense has been addressed, but we could certainly use a number one corner in addition to safety help.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 03:57 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe a bit early and free agency could be a factor, but I'll give it a try for the Colts:

1. OG - Hugh Thornton is showing some signs, but it's a little early to tell if he is a long-term solution, and even if he is, there is still the other spot.
2. OC - It's no secret that Colts' interior O-Line is among the worst in the NFL. They drafted Khaled Holmes, but again, it's uncertain whether or not he is a long-term solution.
3. DE - Cory Redding is still a good player, but he is already 32 and Colts' other options are all just average platoon guys.
4. WR - Reggie Wayne was still putting up elite numbers before the knee injury. We'll see how a 34-year-old WR will come back. TY Hilton looks like a future stud. Still they could use another talented vertical weapon.
5. OLB - In 3-4 you can never have enough OLBs. Robert Mathis is still going strong at 32 and they drafted Bjorn Werner in the 1st round, but more is needed here imo.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote