Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-27-2013, 10:35 PM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rich truly getting richer.

Harbaugh is about to build a dynasty in San Fran.

God damn it.

No offense, but your Raiders draft sucks.
Abaddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:39 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As long as we don't give up our first round pick and both seconds I'll be a happy camper. Revis will be a stud in Sf. I can't wait until next season . gonna be bombing !

I would never think Sf would sign big name players.
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:40 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I would never think Sf would sign big name players.
They haven't been. It would be a trade.
Old 02-27-2013, 10:41 PM    (permalink
bam bam
Veteran

bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abaddon View Post
Rich truly getting richer.

Harbaugh is about to build a dynasty in San Fran.
Lets not get ahead of ourselves.
bam bam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:44 PM    (permalink
Xonraider
All-Pro

Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn... that would be immense.
Old 02-27-2013, 10:49 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Heres a question for the board.

Do you put all your chips into one basket to get Revis, who very well could be a one year rental?

OR

Do you put em in a basket for a guy like Jarvis Jones who could possibly slip due to medical concerns on draft day? I feel that a contender is going to look past his worries and take him if they need a pass rusher to get over the top. Both would very intriguing moves.

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:53 PM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bam bam View Post
Lets not get ahead of ourselves.
But I wanna.

God damn it.

Old 02-27-2013, 10:54 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
They haven't been. It would be a trade.
Same difference. We haven't really traded for big name players either really. I just don't wanna lose our 31st,34th and other second round pick this year is all. Again I"m all for it though.
Old 02-27-2013, 10:55 PM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Heres a question for the board.

Do you put all your chips into one basket to get Revis, who very well could be a one year rental?

OR

Do you put em in a basket for a guy like Jarvis Jones who could possibly slip due to medical concerns on draft day? I feel that a contender is going to look past his worries and take him if they need a pass rusher to get over the top. Both would very intriguing moves.
They have the ammunition to do both.

God damn it.

Old 02-27-2013, 10:56 PM    (permalink
Eazy Picks
Veteran

Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreckart View Post
I don't see why they would give up Carlos Rogers in this deal, unless it was needed. There was a "fantasy trade" I read on Twitter, it was something like Revis for the #31, a 3rd, and next years SF 2nd and it seemed reasonable to those guys. I don't know if the Jets would do that, but that's not a terrible trade.

As for drafting someone, taking an Xavier Rhodes maybe? But if they trade for Revis I think they'd move elsewhere than CB, maybe BPA as far as a pass rusher? I don't know really, but it couldn't hurt to get to the QB even as good as the front 7 already is. Possibly if they let DG walk, take Elam from Florida, or a David Amerson? That 4.38 40 looked pretty nice along with his height.
I think capwise, theyd have a hard time keeping rogers and revis on the roster. if they traded for revis, I would think theyd end up cutting rogers so they can resign goldson. And I think Culliver is ready to move past rogers on the depth chart, so thats a lot to play a nickel back. But they should look into bringing in a speedy guy to have in addition to Tarrell Brown for depth.

They have great pass-rushing in Ahmad Brooks and Aldon Smith at OLB, Justin Smith and Ray McDonald are great pass-rushing DEs. But yes, they could look to add depth at DE i agree. Willis and Bowman are also good blitzers at MLB, so I dont think pressure is a big issue. Its the secondary that needs the work. But Id say Revis would address the issue for sure. And if they decide to let Goldson go, they should def draft a rangy FS who excels in coverage.

Last edited by Eazy Picks : 02-27-2013 at 10:58 PM.
Eazy Picks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:10 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abaddon View Post
They have the ammunition to do both.
I feel it would like be one or the other. Idk if they could swing both.

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 02-27-2013, 11:47 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They should hold on to their picks. They need depth. They don't play enough guys on defense.
Old 02-28-2013, 12:02 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

Agree with Scotty. I would rather add more depth in our amount of picks then add talent for only one year deal maybe.
Old 02-28-2013, 12:15 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

They don't need 15 picks.

Quote:
Old 02-28-2013, 12:18 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

oh yes we do need them . don't hate ... we need some wide outs who got speed as in sec speed..
Old 02-28-2013, 12:20 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
They should hold on to their picks. They need depth. They don't play enough guys on defense.
The 49ers have depth. It's just with the scheme Vic Fangio uses, the starters play a good amount of snaps.

With the 15 picks trading is almost a certainty and it would be foolish not to use them as leverage to acquire a player from another team or to move up or down in the draft. Not everyone is going to make the 49ers roster. Perhaps if the franchise was rebuilding it would be a different story.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 12:21 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
oh yes we do need them . don't hate ... we need some wide outs who got speed as in sec speed..
But you've got AJ Jenkins! He's fast in any conference!
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 12:22 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Titus Young is out there..
Old 02-28-2013, 12:23 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

kidding y'all we just need more red zone target wide outs
Old 02-28-2013, 12:25 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
kidding y'all we just need more red zone target wide outs
Mike Williams is out there..
Old 02-28-2013, 12:27 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Mike Williams is out there..
Roy Williams, too!
Old 02-28-2013, 09:44 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I don't know if it's a cap issue one way or the other. I think Baalke knows what he's willing to pay Goldson and if he wants more, he can walk.
Paying Goldson is going to be a mistake. You could easily plug in a guy like Elam with the 31st or 34th pick and not miss a beat. Then you have Iupati and Kaepernick on the horizon as well as Anthony Davis and Donte Whitner. I wouldn't trade all those picks and cap space for Revis, it's a great CB draft anyway. They could get a CB and Safety with both those picks on a cheap contract and be much better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 09:58 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Mort's reporting that the report about the 49ers pursuing Revis is bogus.
Old 02-28-2013, 12:28 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Mort's reporting that the report about the 49ers pursuing Revis is bogus.
go figure. It would cost the 49ers way to much. I would rather hold onto our draft picks. Damn rumors.
Old 03-02-2013, 09:47 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

Reports are coming that 49ers are stilling talking to the Jets about Revis possible trade. Man our defense would be awesome!