Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy

Fantasy Fantasy Sports and Forum Mocks

Old 12-24-2012, 03:02 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaka View Post
I won by .74... I had Charles on the bench and BJE starting... I went against Dez Bryant.... I think its safe to say I lucked into being the fantasy champion of my league.

A wins a win... but god damn was that by the slimmest of margins. Thanks everyone for all the help and input throughout the year could not have done it without you guys.
I had to go against Dez and Charles while starting negative point Amendola.

Hooray for Arian!
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 10:41 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My game recap. The only thing I love about yahoo.

Quote:
Bert Macklin F.B.I. Gets Thrilling Upset over my meat owes me $

Bert Macklin F.B.I. got 29.66 points from Matt Ryan and 22.00 from the San Diego Chargers Defense to slip by my meat owes me $ 125.26 - 124.84. They came into the matchup as a 17.19-point underdog. The tiny 0.42-point playoff win was the second-smallest difference over all matchups this season. Bert Macklin F.B.I. has been coming up strong regularly after winning their last four matchups in a row. Bert Macklin F.B.I. gets revenge for their last matchup with my meat owes me $ (a Week 12 loss: 122.74 - 93.32), and their head-to-head record improves to 2-1.

Bert Macklin F.B.I. Smooth Moves

Added the San Diego Chargers Defense, which exceeded their scoring projection by a matchup-leading 113.0%.

Matt Ryan ranked fifth in the league in scoring this week with 29.66 points. It was also the third-highest score of any player on Bert Macklin F.B.I. this season.

Calvin Johnson ranked third in the league in scoring among WRs this week with 20.50 points.

Alfred Morris had 16.80 points, the sixth-highest score among RBs in the league this week.

Bert Macklin F.B.I. saw the majority of their starters (5 of 9) beat their projected point total.

my meat owes me $ Regret Tracker

Mike Wallace was last in the matchup in scoring, finishing below his projection for the ninth time this season with 1.20 points against a projected 10.90.

A.J. Green has now failed to reach his projection for five straight games. This week he scored 9.60 points versus a projected 13.52.

6 of the 9 starters scored less than their projected points.

With 1.30 points versus a projected 10.31, Aaron Hernandez scored only 12.6% of his projected point total.

my meat owes me $ saw all three of their WR starters fail to reach their projections.

What If

If Bert Macklin F.B.I. played my meat owes me $ every week, they would be 9-7 this season.

Bert Macklin F.B.I. would have beaten six other teams besides my meat owes me $ this week.

Bert Macklin F.B.I. would have defeated my meat owes me $ 117.30 - 111.44 had they played each other last week.

Bert Macklin F.B.I. would be 8-5 if they played the same schedule as my meat owes me $.

If Bert Macklin F.B.I. had played every team in the league each week, they would be 91-49.

my meat owes me $ would not have lost to any other team in the league besides Bert Macklin F.B.I. this week.

my meat owes me $ would be 9-4 if they played the same schedule as Bert Macklin F.B.I.

If they played every team every week, my meat owes me $ would be 89-51.
Game Notes

Bert Macklin F.B.I. has had five wins this year where their opponent beat their average score.

All six of the losses for my meat owes me $ this season have come when their opponent scores higher than their season average.

This matchup featured the two highest-scoring teams in the league this week.
Bert Macklin F.B.I. won again and is on a four-game winning streak, currently the longest in the league.

my meat owes me $ scored 124.84 points and lost. It is the third-highest losing score in the league this season.

The margin of victory of 0.42 points was the smallest in the league this week.

my meat owes me $ could not extend their seven-game win streak.

The best group of RBs in the league this week was on my meat owes me $, which got 33.70 points from the position.

Last edited by Bert Macklin : 12-25-2012 at 10:45 AM.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 03:34 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Congrats to the winners!

Condolences to the rest.

4 leagues: 3 playoff berths; 2 championship games; 1 title.

Runner up in my highest buy-in, which sucks b/c I still haven't won that one in 6 years. The difference in payout is a whopping grand, with 1st place taking ~1400 and 2nd only 400. Still nice, but gdammit I want to win that league.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 03:39 PM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm still going. Week 17 Championship. What's up with Trent Richardson and AJ Green? Richardson hurt his ankle last week and the Bengals have their spot wrapped up. Are either going to play, what can I expect out of them?

EDIT: I guess Foster too for that matter, but it sounds like he's a lock to play

Last edited by Mufasa : 12-27-2012 at 03:42 PM.
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 03:42 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Won my big money league! Back to back championships, getting an early start on the dynasty!

Is it too early for keeper talk? I've gotta decide on 4 of these lovelies for next year (keep in mind, QBs are at a premium as you can start three, so most teams keep two)

QB Matthew Stafford
QB Colin Kaepernick
QB Joe Flacco
RB Ray Rice
RB CJ Spiller
RB Alfred Morris
WR AJ Green

I'm leaning towards Stafford, Kaepernick, Rice and Green, but it's going to break my heart to cut Spiller.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 03:51 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mufasa View Post
I'm still going. Week 17 Championship. What's up with Trent Richardson and AJ Green? Richardson hurt his ankle last week and the Bengals have their spot wrapped up. Are either going to play, what can I expect out of them?

EDIT: I guess Foster too for that matter, but it sounds like he's a lock to play
It's a crap shoot, which is why you need to get your league to stop this nonsense! Even when guys play you are at risk of them being pulled at the half or anywhere else throughout a game. It's just a horrible case of unncessary anxiety.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Won my big money league! Back to back championships, getting an early start on the dynasty!

Is it too early for keeper talk? I've gotta decide on 4 of these lovelies for next year (keep in mind, QBs are at a premium as you can start three, so most teams keep two)

QB Matthew Stafford
QB Colin Kaepernick
QB Joe Flacco
RB Ray Rice
RB CJ Spiller
RB Alfred Morris
WR AJ Green

I'm leaning towards Stafford, Kaepernick, Rice and Green, but it's going to break my heart to cut Spiller.
Stafford and Kap have to be keepers as young QBs in dynasty. I think it's clear at this point that Flacco has a limited upside. Even with the playcalling running through him and improved targets (Torrey and Pitta) he is not consistent enough to rely on. Unless you think QBs are valuable enough that you can flip him for something good, I'd let him go. (Assuming, of course, you can't trade him prior to cut-down.)

Spiller / Green / Rice would be the 3 to go with the QBs. Given the age and mileage, I'd even consider Morris over Rice, since nobody in Baltimore seems to want to feed the best player on their squad.

EDIT: Obviously, there's solid trade bait for you w/whichever RB you don't keep, possibly even packaged up w/Flacco.

Old 12-27-2012, 06:33 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

QB Matthew Stafford
QB Colin Kaepernick
QB Joe Flacco
RB Ray Rice
RB CJ Spiller
RB Alfred Morris
WR AJ Green

Wow, that's what I call an embarrassment of riches. I think you've got the right guys, but wow does that suck that you have to let C.J. and Alf go.

Flacco blows.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 08:40 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:

QB Matthew Stafford
QB Colin Kaepernick
QB Joe Flacco
RB Ray Rice
RB CJ Spiller
RB Alfred Morris
WR AJ Green

Misread that . . . 4 only, eh?

There's no way I'd cut Spiller. He has a very old Fred in his way but two years w/two injuries at his age should put him out of the RBBC and into the RB2 spot. As much as I love AJ Green, he's not a better keep unless it's ppr. Spiller is a candidate to be a top 5 RB every year with the sick numbers of the best RB in FF in any give season over the next 5 years.

Old 12-28-2012, 09:36 PM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1 RB/WR and 2 WRs

AJ Green: Baltimore
Brian Hartline: New England
Justin Blackmon: Tennessee
Antonio Brown: Cleveland
Torrey Smith: Cincinnati
Rashard Mendenhall: Cleveland
Montario Hardesty: Pittsburgh
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:56 AM    (permalink
TheRubberDuck45
Rookie

TheRubberDuck45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheRubberDuck45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheRubberDuck45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheRubberDuck45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheRubberDuck45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheRubberDuck45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheRubberDuck45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheRubberDuck45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheRubberDuck45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheRubberDuck45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheRubberDuck45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Up by 30 in the week 2 of the championship. My QB choices look awful...

Stafford vs Chicago
Freeman @ ATL
Henne @ TENN
TheRubberDuck45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 11:57 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Grant or David Wilson quick!!!
Old 02-28-2013, 08:59 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let's get some keeper discussion happening in here. The deadline for keepers in my money league is fast approaching. I've gotta decide on which four of these five to keep:

QB Colin Kaepernick
QB Matt Stafford
RB Ray Rice
RB CJ Spiller
WR AJ Green

Sigh. Such hard decisions.
Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
Old 02-28-2013, 09:01 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Let's get some keeper discussion happening in here. The deadline for keepers in my money league is fast approaching. I've gotta decide on which four of these five to keep:

QB Colin Kaepernick
QB Matt Stafford
RB Ray Rice
RB CJ Spiller
WR AJ Green

Sigh. Such hard decisions.
Is this the mutliple QB league?

Old 02-28-2013, 09:05 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
Is this the mutliple QB league?
Yeye. I'm pretty much locked in to keeping Kaepernick and Stafford, which is fine because they're both fringe Top 10 players at their position. Ideally, I'd like to keep AJ Green because I know the rest of the league is really high on him and he'll be taken long before my pick in the redraft (Back to back league champ, WHAT! So much victory cash). Choosing between Rice and Spiller is tough though, because the former has Bernard Pierce breathing down his neck and the upside on the latter is just wild, but he's not nearly as consistent as Rice. Spiller would most definitely have the best chance of falling to my pick, but it looks bleak any way you slice it.
Quote:
Old 02-28-2013, 09:13 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Rice being cut was my thought, too. I agree it is a tough call but I'd look long term and keep Spiller - especially if there's no cap on how long you keep players. His talent is huge, his big play ability is tremendous (and far better than Rice) and he has a 30-something backfield mate where Rice has a young buck. Add to that the increase reliance on Flacco and over all high mileage on Rice compared to Spiller and it makes Rice the (very difficult) cut.

Any ability to trade? Maybe move up in the draft w/Rice and some kind of pick swap?

Old 02-28-2013, 09:22 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Rice being cut was my thought, too. I agree it is a tough call but I'd look long term and keep Spiller - especially if there's no cap on how long you keep players. His talent is huge, his big play ability is tremendous (and far better than Rice) and he has a 30-something backfield mate where Rice has a young buck. Add to that the increase reliance on Flacco and over all high mileage on Rice compared to Spiller and it makes Rice the (very difficult) cut.

Any ability to trade? Maybe move up in the draft w/Rice and some kind of pick swap?
I'm thinking of it. I already traded Joe Flacco for an extra second rounder and Alfred Morris for an extra third, so I've got five picks in the top three rounds as it is. I'm thinking at some point, people are going to stop letting me stockpile picks and make me cut someone.
Quote:
Old 02-28-2013, 09:32 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
I'm thinking of it. I already traded Joe Flacco for an extra second rounder and Alfred Morris for an extra third, so I've got five picks in the top three rounds as it is. I'm thinking at some point, people are going to stop letting me stockpile picks and make me cut someone.
If they're smart. Otherwise they're all playing for second place . . . again.

Rice + a 3rd (or 2nd, depending on where it falls) for a 1st? If you've got a few extra already it might be best to push for quality over quantity. (Which is not to say that extra 2nd/3rd round picks aren't good quality!)

Old 03-21-2013, 04:53 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

does anyone think Amendola can put up Welker numbers for the Pats? I really want to take a risk on him in my keeper league but I'm not sure if he's worth it
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 07:03 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
does anyone think Amendola can put up Welker numbers for the Pats? I really want to take a risk on him in my keeper league but I'm not sure if he's worth it
He should have the opportunity and i think he has the skillset, so yes. There is certainly greater concern for injury with his histiry the past few years. Mostly i would say it depends on your other options as keepers. Also on scoring but i assume you would only be asking if its ppr.

Old 03-21-2013, 07:41 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He should have the opportunity and i think he has the skillset, so yes. There is certainly greater concern for injury with his histiry the past few years. Mostly i would say it depends on your other options as keepers. Also on scoring but i assume you would only be asking if its ppr.
yeah, PPR. welker consistently a top 3-5 receiver in our league. my keeper choices right now are schaub, lynch, peterson, harvin, marshall, t. smith. i'm hoping to move schaub and smith to move up in the draft and replace schaub with amendola

which brings me to another question - how do you value Torrey Smith as THE guy for the Ravens now
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:55 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
yeah, PPR. welker consistently a top 3-5 receiver in our league. my keeper choices right now are schaub, lynch, peterson, harvin, marshall, t. smith. i'm hoping to move schaub and smith to move up in the draft and replace schaub with amendola

which brings me to another question - how do you value Torrey Smith as THE guy for the Ravens now
So you can keep 5?

Schaub blew away all expectations last year but I'm still not big on him as a keeper. Obviously, with that many potential keepers, it may be a case of CYA by keeping him, though. I loved Torrey last year but he did not live up to my expectations. With that said, I'm still on board 100% with him heading into this season as a top WR2 with upside that can easily land him in top 5 overall. That value is diminished a little in PPR but I still think he'll improve in year 3. I would absolutely keep him.

I'd be pretty happy with the 5 guys you have at RB & WR as keepers, to be honest. There's no way I'd keep Schaub over any of them. I do like the idea of shopping Schaub +1 for a draft pick move. Clearly, that +1 needs to be WR b/c there's no way you're moving Peterson or Lynch. Personally, I'd put Harvin, Smith, Amendola, and Schaub on the block and sell whichever WR nets the best return. I like all 3 of those guys but each has their own drawback - new situation with more mouths to feed / inconsistency / injury, respectively.

Old 04-02-2013, 05:49 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have a Dynasty league trade proposal and was hoping to get some thoughts from you all. Here is my squad:

QBs Kaep, Bradford, Tannehill, Foles
RBs Charles, Murray, Miller, Hillman, McGahee
WRs Dem Thomas, Decker, Jordyzzz, Gordon, Alexander
TEs Gresham, Housler

It's a 12 team, PPR league, start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 FLEX, K, D.

I have finished in 3rd and 4th place the last two years. Through trades, I hold the 1st and 2nd overall picks in the rookie draft. This is a weaker draft class, so I don't mind trading them away. As of right now I'd probably being targeted the 2 RBs that end up in the best situations, hopefully that will be Lacy and Bernard I guess. I don't need WR help.

In the trade I'd be giving up the 1st and 2nd draft picks, Murray, and Gresham. In return I'd recieve Ray Rice, Bernard Pierce, Bilal Powell, and Kyle Rudolph.

My thinking is that by adding Rice I could make a run for the championship over the next couple of seasons. He's still only 26, but does have a lot of wear on the tires. I'd get what hopefully will be his eventual replacement in Pierce. I don't expect much from Powell, he's just a throw in. I think Rudolph will be an eventual top 5 TE in the league.

Murray is young, but injury prone. The two draft picks do seem like a lot to give up, but you never really know with rookie picks, at least not this year. There is no Luck, RG3, or Richardson sitting at the top of the draft. I like Gresham alright, but view Rudolph as an upgrade.

Thoughts?
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 07:18 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Ppr increases rices value but that is still way too rich for my liking. Thats three young rbs for rice and a te upgrade. No thanks. Especially since we dont know where the rbs will land.

One pick instead of two maybe. Or shop murray and gresham for a te upgrade. Do you know how the draft will go as far as rookie tes? Could you get a te with a second? I think the value could be at te - especially if a rookie te lands in a good spot.

Old 04-02-2013, 08:12 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ppr increases rices value but that is still way too rich for my liking. Thats three young rbs for rice and a te upgrade. No thanks. Especially since we dont know where the rbs will land.

One pick instead of two maybe. Or shop murray and gresham for a te upgrade. Do you know how the draft will go as far as rookie tes? Could you get a te with a second? I think the value could be at te - especially if a rookie te lands in a good spot.
Yeah, it is potentially 3 young RB's, but Rice is proven and the others will not be. That's what is making me consider it. I think I'm weakest at RB. Charles and Murray both have a history of injury. If (when for Murray) one of them goes down... then I'm in trouble. Unless Miller or Hillman have bigger roles this year.

I guess it should become clear that at least 1 or 2 RBs should have a starting role or at least see a lot of action once the NFL draft comes and goes. A big part of Dynasty is staying young and RB is, ultimately, a young mans game.

I do also hold the 13th overall rookie pick. If I keep the picks, the plan is to go RB, RB 1 and 2 and then TE at 13. That might be the better play.

Thanks for the fast reply, Elvis.
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 09:05 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Having the two top RBs as insurance for Murray's inevitable injury and Charles possible injury (or ineffectiveness for a mediocre team) is the way to look at it. Trading away both of those picks and Murray still leaves you vulnerable to the potential injury/ineffectiveness of Charles. Rice is definitely up there in miles and already has the threat of lost touches with Pierce looking so strong. Despite the concerns with Murray/Charles, they have very little competition for touches.

Get younger and deeper. Being able to do that with the first two selections is too good to pass up.

At the very least, keep one pick and that deal looks far more palatable.