Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-28-2013, 10:36 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Milliner is the clear favourite right now unless he gets drafted before our pick,

Jarvis will need a doctor's thumbs up to get consideration and if he gets a thumbs up, he could go #1 overall to KC.

Mayhew isn't going to draft Ansah, it is just too much of a risk for a guy who isn't totally secure in his job.

Werner, according to Mayock is a 25-35 prospect and was getting over hyped by draftniks.

I absolutely love Warmack but to pay an OG top 5 money will put our pay scale totally out of wack, so I don't think we will draft him as high as #5.

I also love Jordan but I'm not sold that he fits a 4-3 scheme, he'll be drafted as an OLB in either scheme but seems to suit a 3-4 far better than a 4-3.

This drafted is loaded with top 10 LT's and depending on what Mayhew thinks of Backus, will decide if we go in that direction.

The decision will likely rest on 2 questions, 1) how much has Backus left in the tank? Because Mayhew will not expose Stafford to injury. Mayhew knows that as long as Stafford remains healthy, Detroit has a good shot as a playoff contender which means his job is secure and there is no way he will put that at risk.
2) Milliner looks like the guy if Backus can go effectively for one more year but will he be available when it is our pick?

I think if we go Milliner or Joeckel/Fisher, it will turnout to be an excellent draft for Detroit and really set up this team for the next decade. So, I'm a happy camper as long as Mayhew doesn't screw it up. In this deep draft, round 2 and 3 will also produce starters and we get to pick pretty high in those rounds.