Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 02-28-2013, 01:07 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
You're lucky I like you because with this attitude I should come kick your ass.
I could say the same of you, sir.
Old 02-28-2013, 12:07 PM    (permalink
WPG_Giant
Rookie

WPG_Giant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WPG_Giant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WPG_Giant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WPG_Giant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WPG_Giant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WPG_Giant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WPG_Giant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WPG_Giant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WPG_Giant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WPG_Giant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WPG_Giant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Gerald Hodges is a guy that I also is good 3rd round value.

Those are the 2 Penn State guys I like, Hill and Hodges. Hodges has some Bowman in him.
Interesting comparison for Hodges, BBD...while I haven't seen a ton of footage for Hodges, I likened his game more to a Lavonte David-type...thoughts?

Wouldn't mind the G-men going after him in the mid-rounds at all.
WPG_Giant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 12:11 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Pete View Post
call it a hunch, but I am strongly thinking OL Barrett Jones at #49
He's a Center isn't he? Does he have any Guard potential? I can see it as a possibility.

I think Warford is not on our radar, just a hunch of mine. We like athletic guards. I can see Kyle Long potentially on our radar, but his past is a concern and the Giants might not feel comfortable with it.

Cooper is a guy I can see us interested in at 19. There are a lot of OL options in this draft.
Old 02-28-2013, 12:15 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mingo is growing on me as well. He's a guy I need to look into but he's a possibility at 19.
Old 02-28-2013, 12:22 PM    (permalink
WPG_Giant
Rookie

WPG_Giant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WPG_Giant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WPG_Giant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WPG_Giant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WPG_Giant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WPG_Giant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WPG_Giant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WPG_Giant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WPG_Giant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WPG_Giant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WPG_Giant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Personally, I think #49 is a little high for Jones, but I believe he did play T / G / C over the course of his time at 'Bama...

That type of versatility, along with Boothe's ability to swing to center (should he be resigned) could go a long way in deciding Baas' future after next season.

Does seem like a Giants type pick, but is the value there in the second for him?
Old 02-28-2013, 12:24 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Welcome aboard WPG Giant.

I think his stock is rising. He probably won't be there in the 3rd. So if they really like him I can see them taking him in the 2nd.

I also like the C from Wisconsin. I love Wisconsin OLmen in general though. I had the biggest hard on for Konz.
Old 02-28-2013, 01:09 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I'm telling you guys, keep an eye on Jordan Hill. I really like this kid. He was a big time playmaker at the Senior Bowl. And if you watch him vs Wisconsin, which is available on youtube, he was very disruptive.

That's a good OL he went against and he made plays. He won his battles. He's not a guy who is gonna beat double teams in the run game, but that's not his game. He's a penetrator. You can't beat him laterally, you wanna run zone or pull on him he's gonna make plays. In pass pro he's gonna shoot the gap and create pressure.

His only issue is when he gets doubled on a trap. But this guy is very good. He's gonna be there in the 3rd or 4th and I think he's excellent value. I think his floor is Jay Alford.

I'm a big fan. I'm surprised his stock is so low.
Old 02-28-2013, 01:11 PM    (permalink
WPG_Giant
Rookie

BBD,

I agree that there's a chance that Jones is long gone by the Giants 3rd rounder, the question for me becomes is the best value Jones at #49 or potentially another OL prospect (Brian Winters from Kent St?) in the third and fourth rounds? Lots of solid O-line talent this year.

I like the Wisconsin G/C as well (Travis Frederick)...what the hell happened to Ricky Wagner though? Man, was he abused during Senior Bowl week.

Thanks for the welcome, I check out the board often but usually don't post, lots of good convo on here... it must have been longer than I thought since my last chat as it appears the site has re-set my post count to 0!
Old 02-28-2013, 01:20 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

It's a great question. I don't know honestly. I haven't done a lot of OL evaluation yet. I've focused mostly on DL guys.

Still have to get to LBs, and OL.
Old 02-28-2013, 01:35 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

This Terron Armstead guy...where is he projected to go, and how do you guys feel about him?

I haven't done anything hw on him yet but it sounds like he's been a slept on prospect.
Old 02-28-2013, 01:54 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BTW just wanted to thank you guys for paying attention to prospects this year cause I've watched maybe half of the first round guys enough to even have a feel for them. My faith in JR is just so strong that I don't worry about it like I worry about the Knicks, Avs and the German National Team.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 01:55 PM    (permalink
WPG_Giant
Rookie

From what I know / can contribute on Armstead, he first jumped out at the East/West Shrine game.... long arms, overall size, can kick-slide, fast 40 we've seen....more finesse style of game and can struggle with power DE's.

Thought he was more of a late second day/early third day pick, but some draft sites have him sneaking into the second round...
Old 02-28-2013, 01:57 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BBD where do you see Washington goin, any chance we get him round 3 or has he worked his way into round 2?

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 02:01 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

It depends on what Mayock can dig up. My guess is he's a 2nd round guy right now. If he has major character concerns or if any other red flags come up, I think he's a 3rd rounder.

If there's a legit reason for his lack of production he might creep into the early 2nd. His stock can either soar or sink right now. My guess is round 2 though.

If his question marks check out and he's there in round 2 and we didn't get Ansah, Jordan, or Mingo in round 1, then I'm all for Washington in round 2.
Old 02-28-2013, 02:12 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Who's #42 on Penn State? I'm scouting Hill and Hodges and this #42 is catching my eye. He's a white linebacker. Sinks his hips well, good instincts, can slip blocks, sound tackler. Anyone know anything about this guy?
Old 02-28-2013, 02:13 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Who's #42 on Penn State? I'm scouting Hill and Hodges and this #42 is catching my eye. He's a white linebacker. Sinks his hips well, good instincts, can slip blocks, sound tackler. Anyone know anything about this guy?
Probably Michael Mauti. More of a good college LB with limited NFL potential from what I understand. He kind of reminds me of Beau. Beau/Greene are almost Mauti/Hodges.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 02:17 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Probably Michael Mauti. More of a good college LB with limited NFL potential from what I understand. He kind of reminds me of Beau. Beau/Greene are almost Mauti/Hodges.
Just did a quick search on him. It is that guy. Has 2 knee injuries, seems like he's gonna be a UDFA. Kiper claims he had 2nd round potential before the knee.

He really stands out to me in the limited action I'm seeing of him. Looks like a true gamer. And it seems like his character and leadership skills are through the roof. I take a flier on him in the 7th round. He stands out, I'm trying to look at Hodges and 42 is beating him to the play often.

Hodges still looks good, just saying this 42 really made some plays and looks like a gamer.
Old 02-28-2013, 03:33 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

My bad GF, I confused him. 42 and 43 both stood out, and a lot of times I was crediting 42 for plays that 43 actually made. 40 was decent too.

But really 43 stood out the most amongst the 3 white guys. Whoever that is.

Anyway, Hodges looks good. Hodges is growing on me, he really does remind me of Bowman a little. Not as ripped as Bowman though. Bowman is a slab of muscle.
Old 02-28-2013, 04:16 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He's a Center isn't he? Does he have any Guard potential? I can see it as a possibility.

Barrett Jones is very versatile, so much so he has been compared to Bruce Matthews. He is a very smart player from all reports. Sabin was able to move him to several spots on the line.

I certainly think RT or any if the interior spots he could play, perhaps even LT for us. I think LG is his initial spot though
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 05:47 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
My bad GF, I confused him. 42 and 43 both stood out, and a lot of times I was crediting 42 for plays that 43 actually made. 40 was decent too.

But really 43 stood out the most amongst the 3 white guys. Whoever that is.

Anyway, Hodges looks good. Hodges is growing on me, he really does remind me of Bowman a little. Not as ripped as Bowman though. Bowman is a slab of muscle.
43 is Mike Hull. Looks like he's a redshirt SO for this upcoming year so he can declare after that.

40 is Glen Carson. Him and Hodges both committed to Rutgers and then switched to PSU either the same year or in back to back years.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 05:59 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Margus Hunt is an option in the 3rd round. He is very raw and older than we would like, but he does have all the physical tools and would work well as a developmental DE prospect.
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 06:03 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I'm not a Hunt fan honestly. He looked like hot garbage at the senior bowl, too lanky and too old to develop. By the time he "gets it" he'll be 29.
Old 02-28-2013, 06:05 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
43 is Mike Hull. Looks like he's a redshirt SO for this upcoming year so he can declare after that.

40 is Glen Carson. Him and Hodges both committed to Rutgers and then switched to PSU either the same year or in back to back years.
Should we keep our eyes on those 2 moving forward? Any potential with them? They did catch my eye but I'm not sure what their NFL potential is yet.

Hodges and Hill made a lot of plays, I love those 2 for us in this draft. While checking them out I couldn't help but notice those 42 43 and 40 though. They look like gamers at least from first glance.
Old 02-28-2013, 06:37 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sooo...

1: Desmond Trufant
2: Cornelius Washington
3: Khaseem Greene
4: Jordan Hill

Dream draft?

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 06:39 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I would be very happy with that draft.