Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-25-2013, 01:19 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
I weigh people opinions equally until I have reasons otherwise?

IDK, I figured it wouldn't be the first time a great novel was turned into a horrible film, and won't be the last, so it seemed plausible, despite what I know about the book.
I was also worried that the film was overly ambitious and would fall flat but I cannot recall anybody other than Brodeur disliking the movie. I thought it was one of the best films of the year not that my opinion makes that so but I would highly recommend it.

As for the Academy Awards I thought they missed on quite a bit of the noms but redeemed themselves by showing Life of Pi a lot of love and awarding Lincoln next to no awards. I would have preferred Django, Life of Pi, or Silver Linings Playbook win Best Picture but Argo was a fun movie. Jennifer Lawrence deserved that win so that was nice. Despite me loving DDL I really wish Joaquin Phoenix had won because I felt he was quite a bit better.
Old 02-25-2013, 01:32 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
I was also worried that the film was overly ambitious and would fall flat but I cannot recall anybody other than Brodeur disliking the movie. I thought it was one of the best films of the year not that my opinion makes that so but I would highly recommend it.
Well at least I can know that I'll be able to watch the movie without expecting to be completely and utterly disappointed by it. It should be available on DVD to rent and buy fairly soon, I would presume, which is probably what I'll do. I absolutely loved the novel, so I'm really interested to see how it has been adapted to film.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 06:55 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

going to see Don Jon's Addiction tomorrow, I know I know

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:00 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

As for the Academy Awards I thought they missed on quite a bit of the noms but redeemed themselves by showing Life of Pi a lot of love and awarding Lincoln next to no awards. I would have preferred Django, Life of Pi, or Silver Linings Playbook win Best Picture but Argo was a fun movie. Jennifer Lawrence deserved that win so that was nice. Despite me loving DDL I really wish Joaquin Phoenix had won because I felt he was quite a bit better.
I don't like Cloud Atlas much because it tries to reach so high, but there's nothing that really emotionally resonates. Halle Berry is intolerable, which destroys more than one storyline. Jim Sturgess the Asian was weird enough as is, and that story had no real depth to it. Jim Broadbent was fun and had an enjoyable story, but meh.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:08 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hack the planet!
Old 02-26-2013, 10:00 PM    (permalink
xjxdarren
Rookie

xjxdarren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xjxdarren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xjxdarren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xjxdarren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xjxdarren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xjxdarren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xjxdarren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xjxdarren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xjxdarren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xjxdarren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xjxdarren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJ58 View Post
going to see Don Jon's Addiction tomorrow, I know I know
Sundance?? Lucky ************..
Old 02-28-2013, 12:28 AM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

After watching the the hilarious Don Jon's Additction I dont know if I should masterbate more or less now. This movie had that effect on me. That's all I'll say about it other then go watch it when it comes out. JGL was great all around

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 05:38 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Hack the planet!
sponsored by jolt cola

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:22 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
I don't like Cloud Atlas much because it tries to reach so high, but there's nothing that really emotionally resonates. Halle Berry is intolerable, which destroys more than one storyline. Jim Sturgess the Asian was weird enough as is, and that story had no real depth to it. Jim Broadbent was fun and had an enjoyable story, but meh.
Is this in comparison to the novel, or just in general? Did you read the novel?

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:35 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am excite

Quote:
Though the response to the trailers has been primarily positive, some still feel some concern that the film will be too dark, lack action, fail to capture Supes’ charm or that Snyder will pull a Sucker Punch and disappoint us all. Well, a source over at JoBlo was able to see a very early screening of the film and they are saying that, not only is there nothing to worry about, but this is the “best movie of the year.”

The bullet points review is as follows:

- Imagine a Nolan story with Snyder effects/action.
- It's the best movie of the year.
- There's TONS of action with Superman kicking all kinds of arse in his suit.
- The cape is CG'd most of the time so it can look awesome.
- They have intentionally left out most of the the Super action in trailers to save it.
- It's not nearly as dour and serious as the trailers suggest.
- The movie is complete, minus the 3D post-conversion, which is currently taking place.

“Best movie of the year,” is pretty bold claim, but if this report doesn’t up the ante on the excitement for Man of Steel, I don’t know what will. We’ve all been wondering about the action and the tone of the film, and it seems as though we can (cautiously) put any fears we may have had to bed. It looks like a Syder/Nolan marriage may just be one made in heaven.

We should note however, this is just one person’s take on the film. So, again, cautiously, very optimistic.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/02/...18ad0416000042
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 02:05 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I finally get to watch Argo this weekend. Is it as good as Ive heard?
Old 02-28-2013, 02:17 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It was good and well made, not sure I buy it for best pic, but I was a little disappointed that they didn't go over the top more with such an epic story to base it off of.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 03:01 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Argo was okay, definitely not the kind of movie that wins best picture IMO. Similar type of thing as Munich but way less dark/serious and way less good. It reminds me of a more political version of The Bank Job in terms of the mood of the film and how good it was. The Bank Job is not a movie that gets academy award hype either. Not the best comparison, but the gist of what I'm saying is that it was overrated and probably only got BP b/c of the political/historical significance of the storyline.

not that much suspense in the climax, and the storyline isn't all that enthralling. I mean, it's freakin' 6 hostages (who had already escaped) out of like 50+ hostages all together.
Old 02-28-2013, 03:11 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I enjoyed it more than I enjoyed ******* Munich. Although it's funny you picked a spielberg film cause I feel like Affleck has a lot in common with Speilberg as a director.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 02-28-2013, 03:24 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachsaints52 View Post
I finally get to watch Argo this weekend. Is it as good as Ive heard?
Yes and no. It's a very good movie. But winning Best Picture for me invokes an idea of a film that I want to see multiple times to really grasp it. That's not Argo for me.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 04:31 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
I enjoyed it more than I enjoyed ******* Munich. Although it's funny you picked a spielberg film cause I feel like Affleck has a lot in common with Speilberg as a director.
Whaaaaaaat? Munich ******* wrecks Argo.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 02-28-2013, 04:34 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Snowflake's gun snowflake.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-28-2013, 04:48 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There hasn't been a film that I felt certainly deserved to win Best Picture in five years, but that's probably because NCFOM and TWBB set the bar really, really high.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 04:49 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Snowflake's gun snowflake.
Not at all. Munich is praised by pretty much everyone in the world besides you.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 02-28-2013, 04:54 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Not at all. Munich is praised by pretty much everyone in the world besides you.
Munich was boring as all hell and you damn well know it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 04:56 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Whaaaaaaat? Munich ******* wrecks Argo.
Munich was pretty much garbage. While I don't feel Argo is worthy of the accolades it has recieved, I think it is much better than Munich and it's not close.
josh07039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 04:56 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Munich was boring as all hell and you damn well know it.

I don't know how one person can be so wrong, but you have done it.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 02-28-2013, 04:57 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh07039 View Post
Munich was pretty much garbage. While I don't feel Argo is worthy of the accolades it has recieved, I think it is much better than Munich and it's not close.
How? It was one of the best movies of the naughts, easily. I'd gladly take it over any movie of the last few years.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 02-28-2013, 05:55 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Affleck is better than Spielberg right now.

Munich is pretty good but not great.

Rarely do great films win Best Picture.

TWBB should have beat out NCFOM though No Country was a great film
Old 02-28-2013, 05:56 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Affleck is better than Spielberg right now.

Munich is pretty good but not great.

Rarely do great films win Best Picture.

TWBB should have beat out NCFOM though No Country was a great film
Munich > Master. It explored deeper issues than Master and actually had a plot.

RIP TheManInBlack