Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-27-2013, 11:28 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Welp, Tarasenko is still not able to practice. And now Mcdonald and Steen got hurt yesterday in ******* practice and most likely won't play tomorrow night.

Could be a blowout. We play Chicago.
holt_bruce81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:36 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
Welp, Tarasenko is still not able to practice. And now Mcdonald and Steen got hurt yesterday in ******* practice and most likely won't play tomorrow night.
You don't say.

Sami Salo also got hurt yesterday. The sun went down, too.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 01:39 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I had way too much trouble finding parking at Scotiabank place. It was goddamn awful.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 01:45 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nothing is better than a victory train ride after a game. At least I would say that back before we developed the worst crowd in the league.
Old 02-27-2013, 07:41 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Phaneuf is a goddamn ******

#MoncriefArmy
Old 02-27-2013, 11:38 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

mmmmm Anze's mitts.
Old 02-27-2013, 11:46 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Blargh. Wish the refs had seen one of those two headshots against Wings players.
Old 02-28-2013, 12:03 AM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Blargh. Wish the refs had seen one of those two headshots against Wings players.
totally clean hits brah

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 12:18 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Yeah, taking nothing away from Anze's goal, the play never should have been in Detroit's zone. Those missed calls really pissed me off.

In other news, I'm going out to the Island for the first time in 2 years for a game tonight with my buddy from Toronto. We paid ~30 each for this view.

Last edited by TimD : 02-28-2013 at 12:21 PM.
TimD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 04:12 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Going for 20!

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 04:38 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

I'm sure it'd be nice if they still had the streak going when they play Detroit on NBC this weekend. That could be a good one. Chicago has been playing pretty tight, lately.

Gah, Chicago has an absolutely trash schedule in March. There are not enough teams in the league that I actually believe are good right now.
Old 02-28-2013, 04:49 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Flames sign O'Reilly to offer sheet. If Colorado doesn't match, they get the Flames' 1st (top 5 probably) and 3rd rounder. What a pickle the Avs are in now. I'd probably let the Flames take him, though. This draft is stacked.

O'Reilly is a good NHL player, but the Avs are too far away. I do feel like the Flames should have offered a longer term, but there may be something I am missing here.

Last edited by djp : 02-28-2013 at 04:51 PM.
djp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 05:08 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just thinking about this some more. I can't say I agree with the logic here from Calgary. O'Reilly is a good player, but I don't think he's a first liner and the Flames have one of the worst rosters and worst prospect pools in the NHL. Trading away picks just doesn't make any sense to me.
Old 02-28-2013, 05:22 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

The Flames are so desperate for a top center, but as much as I love O'Reilly, I just think that is expecting (and paying) a lot. Duchene - O'Reilly seemed like such a good pair to move forward with before this whole thing got bungled up. Radar was certainly their best player last season and the fact that they have had to face losing him is a damn shame. O'Reilly fits the offer sheet prototype of a young breakout player and was one of my favorite prospects when he was drafted, but I just don't think his ceiling is superstar high. That said, what he does offer is still extremely valuable and should not be scoffed at in terms of draft picks.

Colorado had one of the most intriguing forward groups in the league this year, but injuries and contract negotiations have just destroyed that. They are in one of the stranger situations that I could imagine.

Plus, you know, he has "character."
Old 02-28-2013, 07:06 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
Flames sign O'Reilly to offer sheet. If Colorado doesn't match, they get the Flames' 1st (top 5 probably) and 3rd rounder. What a pickle the Avs are in now. I'd probably let the Flames take him, though. This draft is stacked.
Are there restrictions involved with the compensation? Because if the Flames end up giving up MacKinnon, Jones or Drouin for O'Reilly, I'd fire their GM twice somehow.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:44 PM    (permalink
AHungryWalrus
Veteran

AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So, ummm...

Nazem Kadri.
AHungryWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 09:10 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't understand why Colorado matched O'Reilly's offer..
Old 03-01-2013, 08:21 AM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHungryWalrus View Post
So, ummm...

Nazem Kadri.
Wow is all I can say. He put on a show last night and still only played like 15 minutes. I'm happy to see him finally do well.

TimD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 08:23 AM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Hawks are ******* ridiculous.

#MoncriefArmy
Old 03-01-2013, 08:43 AM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wootylicous View Post
Hawks are ******* ridiculous.
Guys, what is that second column in the standings for?

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:05 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
I don't understand why Colorado matched O'Reilly's offer..
Cause Ryan O'Reilly is worth a hell of a lot more than any pick we'd get outside of the top 3, and with Radar Calgary could easily play their way out of a top pick, hell they could go on a run and end up not even in the top 10. And giving Ryan this money doesn't undermine their negotiating position with future RFAs, which is the whole reason the Avs have been so stubborn this whole time. If Landy points to this and says he won't take a reasonable deal coming off of his ELC, the Avs will point to how long Ryan had to hold out, how much bad press that gave him, and the fact he still ended up having to go out and get an OS to make it happen.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:32 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
Guys, what is that second column in the standings for?
What's kind of funny to me is that after the Lucic-Miller incident, it's basically been "the Sabres are building their team to beat the Bruins", and while we are horrible, we are somehow the team that gave Boston both of its regulation losses to this point.
Old 03-01-2013, 10:01 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcGee View Post
What's kind of funny to me is that after the Lucic-Miller incident, it's basically been "the Sabres are building their team to beat the Bruins", and while we are horrible, we are somehow the team that gave Boston both of its regulation losses to this point.
There are teams that lose in regulation?

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 10:41 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tomorrow has 2 incredible original 6 matchups. Chicago-Detroid in the afternoon and Boston-Montreal at night. The NHL should just do this for every Sunday once the football season ends.
cmarq83 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 11:28 PM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Veteran

Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well that was a very nice defensive game.
Job Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote