Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy > Fantasy Baseball

Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2013, 09:10 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
What do you have against it? I'm not increasing the innings pitched limit, so it simply allows you to have another pitcher occupying an active slot. I also did not increase the roster size (still 30).
I didn't have any real opinion on it. Just was wondering cause you normally ask the group like you did when you asked if we should add another OF position.

Pros:
- We have another active P spot for a reliever. I say reliever cause I don't see anyone really needing to start more than 5 SPs on any given day.
- Makes hunting for long relievers more fun. If you like that sorta thing.
- Increases the value of closers. If you have 'em great!
- Increases the value of having better batters. One more P spot means one less Hitter, so it's more imperative to have better batters on your roster.

Cons:
- We reach our IP max faster.
- We have another active spot for a reliever. Would be boring to store long relievers on your roster.
- Increases the value of closers. If you don't have 'em, just punt the category. lol
- Increases the value of having better batters. If you don't have 'em, good luck loser.

So I'm on the fence. I could go back and forth about it.

Anyone else have an opinion?
Old 02-13-2013, 09:13 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I admit I tend to overthink things but I can't help it. Don't mean to make anyone upset.
Old 02-13-2013, 09:15 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you added another P we should increase IP.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-13-2013, 09:21 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
If you added another P we should increase IP.
Innings limit will not change. It would be advantageous to teams with the best collection of pitchers to choose to keep and that's not a fair change without advance notice.

The extra 'P' slot has no effect on the value of hitters. Hitters play every day, pitchers don't. Roughly half your active pitching slots go unused each day of the season. You still have a finite number of innings to use as you so desire. And saves are still only 10% of the scoring formula.

I don't feel like over-analyzing this. It's insignificant. If 3 people object to this, I will change it back.
Old 02-13-2013, 09:27 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really don't care much at all. I adapt.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-13-2013, 10:24 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Yoda I don't want to hear about your Cardinal quota. I think I offered Kyle Lohse to you 5 minutes after I drafted him.
Yeah, it was a huge mistake for me to not buy him when the price was low last year. Thought he would be himself and suck last season...
Old 02-13-2013, 11:08 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Innings limit will not change. It would be advantageous to teams with the best collection of pitchers to choose to keep and that's not a fair change without advance notice.

The extra 'P' slot has no effect on the value of hitters. Hitters play every day, pitchers don't. Roughly half your active pitching slots go unused each day of the season. You still have a finite number of innings to use as you so desire. And saves are still only 10% of the scoring formula.

I don't feel like over-analyzing this. It's insignificant. If 3 people object to this, I will change it back.
I like to consider this a pretty serious league. So I like the discussion of changes. 4 P spots is different from 3 P spots. But if everyone else is fine with it, I'll adapt like GF said. I just hope people think about it.

I usually like to keep my P spots used everyday in addition to my RP spots. So already I'm trying to have a mixture of closers and non-closing RPs that at least have some sort of value on my roster. Another P spot means having to have another RP and one less hitter. If I have one less hitter, that means less depth at a hitting position. Yes, they play mostly everyday, but you still need depth when your starters aren't playing. So less hitting depth means making sure the hitters I have are valuable. That's what I meant about hitters being more important.

I dunno though... my strategy hasn't helped me win. So maybe I'm going about it the wrong way.
Old 02-23-2013, 02:08 AM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well have we figured who each owner is keeping just want to figure out who's available

Old 02-23-2013, 10:00 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJ58 View Post
Well have we figured who each owner is keeping just want to figure out who's available
March 1st keeper deadline.

I'd like everyone to post their keepers here whenever they're ready with them.
Old 02-23-2013, 07:42 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just so people can see them again. Plus I made a change from last time...

1. Matt Holliday
2. Allen Craig
3. Yadier Molina
4. Carlos Beltran
5. Lance Lynn
6. Derek Jeter
7. Brandon Phillips
8. C.J. Wilson
9. Wade Miley
10. Eric Aybar
11. Josh Beckett
12. Albert Pujols
Old 02-24-2013, 04:14 AM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Since some teams didn't post keepers, I have to guess who's keeping who, here's my attempt of all the Teams Tentative keepers list done by me... (some of you guys have some though choices)

as of 02/24/2013

1. Prince
2. Max
3. Yoda
4. KCJ
5. Brodeur
6. DJP
7. Yo
8. D-Unit
9. Jughead
10. Xio
11. BF
12. GF

Team Prince (by me)
1. Adrian Gonzalez 1B/OF
2. Mike Moustakas 3B
3. Shane Victorino OF
4. Victor Martinez C/1B
5. Alexi Ogando SP/RP
6 Brandon Beachy SP
7. Yovani Gallardo SP
8. Trevor Bauer SP
9. RIckie Weeks 2B
10. Tim Linecum SP
11. Ricky Nolaso SP? Armais Ramirez? Nick Markakis?
12. Ubaldo Jimenez? Jon Jay? Denard Span? Mike Fiers?

Team Max (by me)
1. Mike Napoli C/1B
2. Mark Texiera 1B
3. Jason Kipnis 2B
4. Shin-Soo-Choo OF
5. Howie Kendrick 1B/2B/OF
6. Josh Johnson SP
7. Anibal Sanchez SP
8. Ryan Vogelsong SP
9. Kendrys Morales 1B/OF
10. Zach Cozart SS
11. Jason Vargas? A.J. Burnett? Matt Joyce?
12/. Mariano Rivera? Alex Rodriguez? Russell Martin? Drew Stubbs?

Team Yoda (offical)
1. Matt Holliday
2. Allen Craig
3. Yadier Molina
4. Carlos Beltran
5. Lance Lynn
6. Derek Jeter
7. Brandon Phillips
8. C.J. Wilson
9. Wade Miley
10. Eric Aybar
11. Josh Beckett
12. Albert Pujols

Team KCJ58 (offical)
1. Clayton Kershaw SP
2. Matt Kemp OF
3. Andre Ethier OF
4. Chris Sale SP
5. Michael Stanton OF
6. Mark Trumbo 1B/3B/OF
7. Nelson Cruz OF
8. Paul Goldschmidt 1B
9. Brian McCann C
10. Neil Walker 2B
11. Manny Machado SS/3B
12. Dylan Bundy P

Team Ron Swanson (Bully, I bet Brody hate this)
1. Matt Wieters C
2. Carlos Gonzalez OF
3. Yonies Cespedes OF
4. Ben Zobrist 2B/SS/OF
5. Wil Myers OF
6. Yu Darvish SP
7. Doug Fister SP
8. Paul Konerko 1B
9. David Freeze 3B
10. Ian Desmond SS
11. Jon Lester SP
12. Logan Morrison? Brandon Belt?

Team DJP (offical)
1. Buster Posey
2. Miguel Montero
3. Dustin Pedroia
4. Evan Longoria
5. Andrew McCutchen
6. Hunter Pence
7. Josh Willingham
8. Felix Hernandez
9. David Price
10. Matt Moore
11. Jarrod Parker
12. Aroldis Chapman

Team Yo (by me)
1. David Wright 3B
2. Elvis Andrus SS
3. Jurickson Profar SS
4. Justin Upton OF
5. Freddie Freeman 1B
6. Ryan Zimmerman 3B
7. Zach Greinke SP
8. Desmond Jennings OF
9. Eric Hosmer 1B
10. Max Scherzer SP
11. Dan Uggla? Alex Gordon? James McDonald? Kyle Lohse?
12. Corey Hart? A.J. Pierzynski? Josh Reddick? Dexter Fowler?

Team D-Unit (1st ten by D, last 2 by me)
1. Ryan Howard
2. David Ortiz
3 Anthony Rizzo
4. Emilio Bonifacio
5. Hanley Ramirez
6. Jimmy Rollins
7. Josh Hamilton
8. Justin Verlander
9. Stephen Strasburg
10. Matt Cain
11. Jayson Werth? Michael Morse? Neftali Feliz?
12. Salvador Perez? Tyler Skaggs? Danny Hultzen? Shellby Miller?

Team Jughead (by me)
1. Billy Butler 1B
2. Starlin Castro SS
3. Bryce Harper OF
4. Joe Mauer C
5. Joey Votto 1B
6. Jesus Montero C
7. Johnny CuetoSP
8. Cliff Lee SP
9. Curtis Granderson OF
10. Martin Prado 2B/SS/3B/OF
11. Michael Pineda? Matt Harvey? WIll Middelbrooks?
11. Jonathan Papelbon? Brett Gardner?

Team Xio (offical)
1. Edwin Encarnacion
2. Ian Kinsler
3. Troy Tulowitzki
4. Miguel Cabrera
5. Jason Heyward
6. Jose Bautista
7. Jacoby Ellsbury
8. Chase Headley
9. Adam Wainwright
10. Jered Weaver
11. C.C. Sabathia
12. Kris Medlen or SP Roy Halladay (my guess Halladay)

The Rapture (oh I just got it, done by me)
1. Ryan Braun
2. Robinson Cano 2B
3. Jose Reyes SS
4. Adrian Beltre 3B
5. Adam Jones OF
6. Cole Hamels SP
7. Jeremy Hellickson SP
8. Craig Kimbrel RP
9. B.J. Upton OF
10. Mat Latos SP
11. Dan Haren? Nick Swisher?
12. Brett Anderson? Kyle Seager? Angel Pegan?

Team GF1080 (by me)
1. Mike Trout OF
2. Prince Fielder 1B
3. Gio Gonzalez SP
4. Madison Bumgarner SP
5. Asdrubal Cabrera SS
6. Jose Altuve 2B
7. Jay Bruce OF
8. Pablo Sandoval 1B/3B
9. Brett Lawrie 3B
10. Carlos Santana C/1B
11. Ike Davis? Jordan Zimmerman?
12. Michael Bourn? R.A. Dickey? Colby Rasmus?

Last edited by KCJ58 : 02-25-2013 at 02:43 AM.
Old 02-24-2013, 09:59 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

KCJ, the prognosticator.
Old 02-24-2013, 11:54 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

Damn, Xio has a very tough choice between Halladay or Medlen. I want Xio's team, not mine. Wanna trade our teams love???
Old 02-24-2013, 12:09 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodapoop View Post
Damn, Xio has a very tough choice between Halladay or Medlen. I want Xio's team, not mine. Wanna trade our teams love???
Paaaaaasss.
Old 02-24-2013, 02:14 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

Quote:
Paaaaaasss.
Well offer is on table. U can consider it tonight as I rock ur world...
Old 02-25-2013, 07:31 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My preliminary list:

Mark Teixeira
Mike Napoli
Jason Kipnis
Shin-Soo Choo
Mariano Rivera
Josh Johnson
Alejandro De Aza
Rafael Betancourt
Anibal Sánchez
Kendrys Morales
Howie Kendrick
Alcides Escobar

I'm still considering a couple more players, so I might still change it.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:17 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A little off, KCJ. I may change this, but I doubt it:

-Ryan Braun
-Robinson Cano
-Jose Reyes
-Adrian Beltre
-Adam Jones
-Cole Hamels
-Craig Kimbrel
-BJ Upton
-Mat Latos
-Wilin Rosario
-Alex Rios
-Brett Anderson

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Last edited by bearsfan_51 : 02-28-2013 at 08:14 AM.
Old 02-28-2013, 12:32 AM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
A little off, KCJ. I may change this, but I doubt it:

-Ryan Braun
-Robinson Cano
-Jose Reyes
-Adrian Beltre
-Adam Jones
-Cole Hamels
-Craig Kimbrel
-BJ Upton
-Mat Latos
-Wilin Rosario
-Alex Rios
-Brett Anderson
Read your own sig, it applies

Forgot you had Rosario, also no Hellickson? It's not Mark Hendrickson you know

Old 02-28-2013, 12:55 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Team Xio
1. Edwin Encarnacion
2. Ian Kinsler
3. Troy Tulowitzki
4. Miguel Cabrera
5. Jason Heyward
6. Jose Bautista
7. Jacoby Ellsbury
8. Chase Headley
9. Adam Wainwright
10. Jered Weaver
11. C.C. Sabathia
12. Kris Medlen

KCJ was wrong. I'm going Medlen over Halladay.
Old 02-28-2013, 07:39 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJ58 View Post
Read your own sig, it applies
This is the fantasy baseball thread.....

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
Old 02-28-2013, 05:15 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Do keepers have to be posted here by tomorrow night or marked as kept in Yahoo?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-28-2013, 05:22 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Do keepers have to be posted here by tomorrow night or marked as kept in Yahoo?
****, February has 28 days, huh? Haha, I guess the deadline is tomorrow.

Just post them in this thread and I'll take care of it.
Old 02-28-2013, 05:26 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Honestly I have no idea who I want to keep from about 8-12. I'm in shakes over here thinking about some of the players I have to give up.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-28-2013, 05:28 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Honestly I have no idea who I want to keep from about 8-12. I'm in shakes over here thinking about some of the players I have to give up.
That's the downside of winning the championship. You aren't able to combine players to maximize your 12 keepers because you need that depth to the end of the season.

That's the cost of winning.

My only tough decision is which of my 5 keepable starters to punt. I chose Medlen and Sabathia over Halladay.
Old 02-28-2013, 05:32 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

It's a good move in a keeper league to keep the younger guys so I like that.

I'm thinking about punting a category with my keepers. It's a tough decision but as the champion I won't complain. When do I get my trophy?

sig by BoneKrusher
Closed Thread