Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 03-01-2013, 12:31 AM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneMarko View Post
I'd be all for Tyler Bray in the 3rd round even after giving up the second for A-Smith. That's the importance of the QB position. The Chiefs have drafted multiple defensive linemen in the same draft TWICE in the past 12 years or so. Why not do the same for QB? Especially given the circumstances surrounding Alex Smith and the importance of the position.
I hope they double down on the QB position in the third. I'd be completely ok with that. I think outside of safety and D-End(assuming Dorsey leaves and Jackson restructures) we're a QB away from being a legit playoff team.
Old 03-01-2013, 08:28 AM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

double post
Black Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 08:29 AM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneMarko View Post
Well, technically, even after giving up that 2nd, they can still draft a QB in round 3 or 4. It's just unlikely that they will. I hope I'm wrong.
It won't be the third. That means two QBs in the first three rounds. Are you okay with a 4th round QB from THIS draft class?
Black Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 10:42 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The biggest need for this team is still QB, so I hope they go with one in the 3rd lols.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:11 AM    (permalink
TheMatriculator
Veteran

TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bolt View Post
It won't be the third. That means two QBs in the first three rounds. Are you okay with a 4th round QB from THIS draft class?
In all likelihood, the Chiefs will have two thirds (they'll gain a compensatory pick for the loss of Carr) and, yes, count me in on using one of those (either of those) to draft a project QB. I certainly hope they have a plan B if Alex Smith is plan A. Of course, I'm still hoping that I'll wake up and this will all be a nightmare.
TheMatriculator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:18 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does anyone know when compensatory picks are awarded?

Old 03-01-2013, 11:29 AM    (permalink
AcheTen (Thumper)
Veteran

AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
The biggest need for this team is still QB, so I hope they go with one in the 3rd lols.
No.

Andy Reid is clearly in "win now" mode and is not eager to develop a young passer.
AcheTen (Thumper) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:30 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
No.

Andy Reid is clearly in "win now" mode and is not eager to develop a young passer.
Good for him. That doesn't change that the biggest need for the future of this franchise is a franchise caliber QB. Alex Smith is not it. If you disagree with this then you clearly don't understand how the NFL works.

Old 03-01-2013, 11:36 AM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Good for him. That doesn't change that the biggest need for the future of this franchise is a franchise caliber QB. Alex Smith is not it. If you disagree with this then you clearly don't understand how the NFL works.
This. So hopefully Reid understands he still needs to draft a young signal caller in the middle rounds somewhere. Unfortunately that means that half of your 2013 draft picks were spent on a QB, but it has to be done.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:38 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebow305 View Post
This. So hopefully Reid understands he still needs to draft a young signal caller in the middle rounds somewhere. Unfortunately that means that half of your 2013 draft picks were spent on a QB, but it has to be done.
I wanted to use at least two picks in this draft on QBs, so it doesn't bother me at all. It was clearly the biggest need this team had. It doesn't matter to me what Alex Smith got compensation wise - he's still a backup at best. We need a guy somewhere in this draft that Reid really believes he can develop into a future franchise guy.

Old 03-01-2013, 11:40 AM    (permalink
Attyla the Hawk
Rookie

Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Does anyone know when compensatory picks are awarded?
They are awarded at the Annual league meeting. This year, it's March 17-20th (Phoenix AZ). It's always held in late March usually a week or two after the start of the league year.
Attyla the Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:41 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attyla the Hawk View Post
They are awarded at the Annual league meeting. This year, it's March 17-20th (Phoenix AZ). It's always held in late March usually a week or two after the start of the league year.
Thanks sir.

Old 03-01-2013, 11:47 AM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Andy Reid has demonstrated in the past that he will draft a QB relatively early even when he has another established veteran in place. What better time to start developing a QB for the future than your first year on the job.

^What I just did to your argument
Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:55 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
Andy Reid has demonstrated in the past that he will draft a QB relatively early even when he has another established veteran in place. What better time to start developing a QB for the future than your first year on the job.
Pretty much this.

Old 03-01-2013, 12:10 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Its looking more and more likely that a relatively good QB could be there at the top of round 3.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 02:31 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I wanted to use at least two picks in this draft on QBs, so it doesn't bother me at all. It was clearly the biggest need this team had. It doesn't matter to me what Alex Smith got compensation wise - he's still a backup at best. We need a guy somewhere in this draft that Reid really believes he can develop into a future franchise guy.
Sadly, I don't think there is one of those guys. There's no Colin Kaepernick in this draft. People point to Bray but I think Bray is a head case and will not amount to anything.

Unfortunately the Chiefs needed a QB in the first or second round. That was their chance at developing a QB. At this point I would start looking toward next year's QB class.
Old 03-01-2013, 03:13 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If they use #1 on a tackle, they can't afford to draft a QB in the third, fourth, or fifth as they'll have spent 3 premium picks spinning their wheels.
Old 03-01-2013, 08:31 PM    (permalink
KCStud
Rookie

KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Chiefs are probably going to let Branden Albert walk and draft Luke Joeckel, because we're the Chiefs.

The Chiefs are the only franchise stupid enough to make a lateral move that wastes the only 1st overall pick in team history.

JUST DRAFT A QB DAMNIT!!!
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 08:58 PM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Joeckel is 7 years younger than Albert and I believe his money as the #1 pick will be less than what Albert is going to get. Right? I'm no NFL finance expert, so I could be wrong about the money. The Chiefs need to be thinking long term. It's not ideal, but taking Joeckel #1 and letting Albert walk doesn't seem like the worst move in the world.

As far as drafting a young QB, they should just do it if there's one they like that they can get. I don't care what their other needs are. If you need a QB and have a chance to get one you like, just take him.

^What I just did to your argument
Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:05 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Joeckel for Albert is ehh. Its a solid financial move, but it is lateral talent wise and a seeming waste of the opportunity of the #1 pick.

If Reid likes a QB to develop in the 3rd, then **** it and pull the trigger. Don't just take any Qb who is there though. If the pick actually develops and takes over for Alex Smith then awesome. If not then don't freak out. Its not as bad as a 2nd on Alex Smith.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 12:28 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I kind of agree that drafting Joeckel seems like a lateral move to me, kind of a waste of the #1 overall pick if you ask me.

However, I was totally against drafting Smith simply because I really have doubts about his ability to ever be a franchise QB, but drafting another LT????

The top of this draft board absolutely stinks for KC, no DE worth drafting for a new 4-3 team, Jarvis may not be healthy enough to pick him and too many solid LT's to make a trade back look possible.

The only possibility might be a DT if Reid thinks his 3-4 DLmen don't suit a 4-3 defense.

I really feel for Vidae and can see what the KC fans are going through.
Old 03-02-2013, 03:15 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

We're staying with the 3-4, so a few of the DEs make sense, but taking another DL top 5 is almost as bad as giving up a 2nd and conditional 3rd for Alex Smith. Almost.

Old 03-04-2013, 04:16 PM    (permalink
KCStud
Rookie

KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Chiefs signed Bowe and Colquitt. Placed the franchise tag on Albert.

Looks like LT is now out of the discussion.

Trade down or draft Shariff Floyd.

JUST DRAFT A QB DAMNIT!!!
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 04:18 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thank the god of ****.

Patterson or Milliner, please.

Last edited by nepg : 03-04-2013 at 04:21 PM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 04:23 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am beggining to think the Chiefs even if they have to take a little less are trading down from 1