Originally Posted by primetime217
- Gerald Sensabaugh
- Dan Connor
- Lawrence Vickers
- Doug Free (Post June 1)
- Brandon Carr
- DeMarcus Ware
- Jason Witten
- Tony Romo (Extension)
Renegotiate deal for Miles Austin
- Phil Costa- come in and compete for the starting center.
- Enie Sims- provide depth and experience at the LB position. Fits in 4-3.
- L.P. Ladouceur- solid long snapper.
- Victor Butler- Pass rush depth. Possible nickel rusher.
- Danny McCray- special teams ace. Hopefully minimal time on Defense.
All these re-signings would be for low years (1-3 years) and cheap money.
- Not too much action, just value signings.
- Sedrick Ellis- Fits in the 4-3. Come in and compete.
- Dwight Freeney- Surprising signing. I'm thinking he don't get much action on market and we are able to bring him in to rush in Nickel opposite Ware.
- Leonard Pope- Blocking TE just like we need. Won't be much of a progress stopper for Hanna.
- Jason Smith- Bring him in and compete. Possible swing tackle.
- Kenny Vaccaro- S- Texas- Sensy was a cap casualty, and I'm thinking Cooper and Warmack don't make it to 18. Vaccaro is a good consolation prize. He can step in right away at the FS spot, with Church/Matt Johnson at the SS. Can also come up and line up against the TE in the slot. I like his versatility.
- Brandon Williams- DT- Missouri Southern- I want him to come in and play the 1 tech. This will allow Ratliff to play the 3, along with Hatcher. Williams would be a beast against the run, and will be involved in a healthy rotation at DT with Ratliff, Hatcher, and Ellis.
- Justin Pugh- G/T- Syracuse- I'm drafting him because of his versatility. He can come in and compete at the Guard spot or he could compete with Parnell and Jason Smith for the RT spot.
- Marcus Lattimore- RB- South Carolina- Love this kid when healthy. Dallas has shown that they will take risks on players with injury history i.e. Sean Lee, Bruce Carter, DeMarco Murray. I'm drafting him fully aware that he will more than likely begin the season on the PUP list. I don't want him to rush back into action. With Murray, Tanner, and Dunbar already on the roster, we can allow him to take his time and fully recover.
- Marcus Davis- WR- Virginia Tech- ATHLETE. 6' 3" 233 lbs. Ran his 40 at 4.56. Vertial Jump: 39.5. I love his athleticism, and I believe he could make the roster in his first year. With a guy this size, he could be dangerous in the Red Zone. Right now our only Red Zone threat is Dez, so we need some help in that area.
- David Bass- DE-Missouri Western- I'm bringing him in to provide pass rush depth. Small school kid, but loads of potential. We've all heard the saying "you can never have enough pass rushers". I think D-Ware could take him under his wing and teach him the ropes. I see him fitting in as a Pass Rush Specialist in the Nickel and Dime packages.
So there it is, my first mock of the year. I know I didn't address the OL until the 3rd, and I'm fully prepared to catch some grief for that. I think Pugh could fit right in though, and I already mentioned how I like his versatility. I like that with him and Mac Berny, we got two guys that can play multiple positions on the line. I didn't get into the Undrafted Free Agents, but positions I would look for there would be FB, CB, LB. I would bring in players at these postions to compete for their positions and for special teams roles.
I used walterfootball.com for almost all of my rankings, both for the draft and for free agency.
Let me know what you guys think.
not a fan a resigning mccray and cutting sensabaugh, i dont like sensabaugh but i like him a heck of alot then mccray as a safety b/c other than vacarro no else can be penciled in as starter, i would cut sensy if johnson or church can prove they can handle the job during training camp. don't see the point in keeping butler when you have kyle wilber since they're basically the same player. i like ellis for depth and pope as long as its at the vet minimum. freeney will get good money and i don't understand signing him and having resigned butler as a nickel pass rusher there isn't enough room on the field for all those guys. jason smith = alex barron.
vacarro and williams A+++, pugh lasting to the middle of the third round don't see it happening but i would a nice get there. i would rather see us get a running back that actually play this year, lattimore does us no good if murray goes down again. davis should make for a good special teams player. bass in 6th i good but you might have to cut him b/c you already have a bunch de's on your roster already