Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 03-02-2013, 11:52 AM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Arthur Brown vs. Manti Te'o

Teo was listed as weighing 14 pounds more than Brown, but they both weighed in at the combine at 241 pounds. They also have the exact same arm length. Brown was not able compete in events. Te'o was, but ran rather slowly. I know there are a lot of Brown's fans here. How do you think the two players stack up currently?
Black Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 01:52 PM    (permalink
DeepThreat
Pro Bowler

DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brown is so much better.

Quote:
<@JBond> And Dg, you'd waste it on corndogs
<@JBond> So you get no 5 dollars
<+DG> how is buy one get one free wasting?
Quote:
<+njx9> i'm pretty sure your people still eat boots in north korea, bantx. they don't know what vegetables are.
DeepThreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 01:53 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is this even a contest?

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 02:08 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll take Brown over Teo every day of the week and OVER 9000 times on Sunday.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 02:11 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the brown love (even sarcastically so) has gotten me more interested in him. I love how he plays in traffic, how do you guys think he compares to sean weatherspoon? Thats who i see as far as in traffic tackling and disengaging blockers go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
K Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 02:12 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brown is by far the better athlete. I'll even say he's the smarter player. He uses his leverage better, has better change of direction and is a leader. He is better is pass coverage, don't be fooled by statistics where you would think Te'o would be. I even think he's better against the run.

He's the total package, best pure LBer in the draft. If he gets passed 15 he's a steal.

I'm from Kansas. I've watched him while he was in high school and every game but one game while at Kansas State, several of them in person
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 02:21 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brown is the complete package. I want him to replace Urlacher as Chicago's MLB. I think if he goes to a 4-3 as a weak side backer, people are going to start making Lance Briggs comparisons after a couple of seasons. Solid first round pick and the best non-rush LB in the draft, imo.

Te'o is so overrated it's crazy. Average 3-4 ILB at the next level. On top of his "meh" play, he's got character concerns. Either he's a huge liar or a huge idiot. I wouldn't touch him in the first two rounds. Third round is pushing it, even.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 03:25 PM    (permalink
SOnMyChest
Rookie

SOnMyChest is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SOnMyChest is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SOnMyChest is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SOnMyChest is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SOnMyChest is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SOnMyChest is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SOnMyChest is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SOnMyChest is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SOnMyChest is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SOnMyChest is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SOnMyChest is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would definitely say its close
SOnMyChest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 04:23 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love Brown. But you guys are getting ridiculous with the praise. He's a 2nd round draft pick.

If Lavonte David and Mychal Kendricks are 2nd round picks, so is Brown. As a ILB prospect, unless you have freak measurables youre not gonna be a 1st round pick. Maybe late 1st at best, but he still doesn't warrant that with so many OL, DL, DB, and WR prospects with high grades.
Old 03-02-2013, 04:26 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brown is a very good player, but I'm not completely sold on his scheme versatility. I don't think he would be a bad 3-4 ILB, but he can be swallowed up by blockers. But I think if he plays in a 4-3 he's going to a very, very good player.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 04:26 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd take him way before I ever looked at Te'o.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 04:52 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have Teo over Brown because Brown is hurt. If his shoulder is fine then I'd give Brown the nod.

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 05:00 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Teo is going to go down as one of the most over analyzed players ever

Quote:
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
Old 03-02-2013, 06:21 PM    (permalink
Armchair Scout
Rookie

Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
Teo is going to go down as one of the most over analyzed players ever
I completely agree. Character concerns aside, it seems like the backlash to the hype surrounding Te'o has people underrating him. Te'o may not be great at getting off of blocks, but he reads the offensive line very well and is quick to the hole. Te'o may not have great track athleticism (although he is more athletic than Kevin Minter), but he shows nice awareness on his zone drops and reads the QB's eyes well.

Te'o isn't an elite prospect, but none of the ILB prospects in this draft are. I think Brown is much better suited to be a 4-3 will in the NFL. He can be swallowed up by blocks and occasionally overruns plays. Te'o may not be as athletic as Brown, and he may not be as skilled in coverage, but his play recognition is even superior.
Armchair Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 06:42 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

for months teo was getting top 5-10 hype, now for the last few months hes been on the news and people say hes a third round pick at best and wont ever be an impact player in the NFL.... i dont really know what kind of speed people expect from a MLB lol, 4.8 9s fine

Hes always been a 34 MLB to me, and even though in the national championship he failed (alongside his ENTIRE defense) up against one the best Olines in college footballs recent memory, he tried to be a hero and put the team on his back as he did in times before and he came up way short....34 MLBs are not asked to be a hero and carry the team in a pro defense, they have a job to do and they are expected to do it. That is usually calling defensive plays, recognizing plays, and sticking to their assignment.

I still comfortably think hes better than mcclain and mayo were coming out of school. And definitely better than guys like david harris, poz, lee, maualuga, spikes, lauranitis, spoon...ect as prospects. Mcclain and Mayo werent necessarily top 10 pick caliber players even though thats where they went (in that they were worlds below patrick willis, who i use as my benchmark for a MLB prospect). AJ hawk is a 34 MLB now, sucks using a top 5 pick on a guy who is supposed to be a stud 43 OLB and he has to play 34 MLB, not that he and cushing arent fine players...they just arent playing a glamourous position in a 34

MLBs just usually arent drafted in the first round let alone the top 10....i fully expect teo to be a second round pick, but i think hes going to make a team very happy.

Quote:

The hell he won't, lol.

Last edited by K Train : 03-02-2013 at 06:45 PM.
Old 03-02-2013, 07:03 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll take Brown. But it's closer than people think. Te'o is a really good football player, I've thought for a while now he'd be picked around the 20-32 range. If a team can get him in the 2nd round, it's a steal.

Both of them are a notch below Kevin Minter though.
holt_bruce81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 10:11 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
for months teo was getting top 5-10 hype, now for the last few months hes been on the news and people say hes a third round pick at best and wont ever be an impact player in the NFL.... i dont really know what kind of speed people expect from a MLB lol, 4.8 9s fine

Hes always been a 34 MLB to me, and even though in the national championship he failed (alongside his ENTIRE defense) up against one the best Olines in college footballs recent memory, he tried to be a hero and put the team on his back as he did in times before and he came up way short....34 MLBs are not asked to be a hero and carry the team in a pro defense, they have a job to do and they are expected to do it. That is usually calling defensive plays, recognizing plays, and sticking to their assignment.

I still comfortably think hes better than mcclain and mayo were coming out of school. And definitely better than guys like david harris, poz, lee, maualuga, spikes, lauranitis, spoon...ect as prospects. Mcclain and Mayo werent necessarily top 10 pick caliber players even though thats where they went (in that they were worlds below patrick willis, who i use as my benchmark for a MLB prospect). AJ hawk is a 34 MLB now, sucks using a top 5 pick on a guy who is supposed to be a stud 43 OLB and he has to play 34 MLB, not that he and cushing arent fine players...they just arent playing a glamourous position in a 34

MLBs just usually arent drafted in the first round let alone the top 10....i fully expect teo to be a second round pick, but i think hes going to make a team very happy.
You have GOT to be kidding me with that statment. How on earth is Te'o better than Mayo coming out? The only thing he was better at was the hype he garnered.
Old 03-02-2013, 10:14 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armchair Scout View Post
I completely agree. Character concerns aside, it seems like the backlash to the hype surrounding Te'o has people underrating him. Te'o may not be great at getting off of blocks, but he reads the offensive line very well and is quick to the hole. Te'o may not have great track athleticism (although he is more athletic than Kevin Minter), but he shows nice awareness on his zone drops and reads the QB's eyes well.

Te'o isn't an elite prospect, but none of the ILB prospects in this draft are. I think Brown is much better suited to be a 4-3 will in the NFL. He can be swallowed up by blocks and occasionally overruns plays. Te'o may not be as athletic as Brown, and he may not be as skilled in coverage, but his play recognition is even superior.
You gave Brown a lot of advantages. Also, aside from justifiable character concerns, Ogletree is elite as far as MLB prospects go.
Old 03-02-2013, 10:15 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I love Brown. But you guys are getting ridiculous with the praise. He's a 2nd round draft pick.

If Lavonte David and Mychal Kendricks are 2nd round picks, so is Brown. As a ILB prospect, unless you have freak measurables youre not gonna be a 1st round pick. Maybe late 1st at best, but he still doesn't warrant that with so many OL, DL, DB, and WR prospects with high grades.
So what round does Te'o warrant IYO?
Old 03-02-2013, 10:49 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bolt View Post
So what round does Te'o warrant IYO?
2nd round. He was never a 1st round pick in my eyes. Unless he was like 250 and ran a 4.65 or even a 4.7.

But at 240, and 4.8 he's a 2nd rounder.

That's not taking the off field concerns into account. I wouldn't touch him bc of the circus he brings but that's unfair to his grade.
Old 03-02-2013, 11:03 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

I wouldn't pick him even in the second. The guy is such a weirdo to me who sounds nothing like a football player. His body looks soft and small. I can't believe people are saying he goes 32 to the Ravens! What a joke.
Old 03-02-2013, 11:11 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bolt View Post
I wouldn't pick him even in the second. The guy is such a weirdo to me who sounds nothing like a football player. His body looks soft and small. I can't believe people are saying he goes 32 to the Ravens! What a joke.
I personally wouldn't touch him.

Arthur Brown is the best ILB in this draft. I consider Oggletree a WILL. Brown is gonna be a stud. Only reason I view him as a 2nd rounder is bc of his size. And I don't know what he'll run. Doesn't matter though, I'm comfortable with his game speed.
Old 03-02-2013, 11:30 PM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2 things need to be said on this issue.

1. Brown is the better prospect

2. Manti Te'o does not have character concerns.
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 11:34 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Te'o is the better prospect. This guy was a top-ten pick before people found out he was being manipulated by someone purporting to be his long-distance girlfriend, causing some sort of massive spiral down draft boards. Crazy.
Old 03-03-2013, 12:15 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I personally wouldn't touch him.

Arthur Brown is the best ILB in this draft. I consider Oggletree a WILL. Brown is gonna be a stud. Only reason I view him as a 2nd rounder is bc of his size. And I don't know what he'll run. Doesn't matter though, I'm comfortable with his game speed.
If you look at the combine measurements all of the higher ranked LB prospects (that aren't pass-rushers) they all came in at pretty much the same size. I was a bit surprised by the conformity.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote